kajiru

Fishing and crafting sales

Is there a reason why the fish are selling for a lot less than what i remember theyuse to sell for back on pc and also is there a reason on why selling crafted items items isnt worth it anymore 

There are no Imperail Traders in the game yet. Those are the npcs that buy the Fish ad goods at 250% bonus.

I think you are referring to those from PC.

• Like 1

When i used to fish on pc i used to be able to sell moray fish for 100k in velia and grunts for a good price aswell but on xbox i am just getting over 30k for them types a fish

5 minutes ago, kajiru said:

When i used to fish on pc i used to be able to sell moray fish for 100k in velia and grunts for a good price aswell but on xbox i am just getting over 30k for them types a fish

You sold them to the Imperail trader in Veila on PC.

Not true. I was getting those same prices selling to the regular Trade Manager on pc. I have been catching Coelancanths for several days now and they are only worth (base price) of 75k on Xbox. Base price on PC is like 200k on non-imperial traders. The silver for fishing is incredibly low right now on xbox.

Edited by Tr3nch

7 hours ago, Tr3nch said:

Not true. I was getting those same prices selling to the regular Trade Manager on pc. I have been catching Coelancanths for several days now and they are only worth (base price) of 75k on Xbox. Base price on PC is like 200k on non-imperial traders. The silver for fishing is incredibly low right now on xbox.

Well...they already tweaked it..

Trade
The Otters are ravenous, and trade managers are struggling to keep up with the demand of fish. To try and poach fish from their competitors, Trade Managers will no longer apply any disadvantages for unconnected nodes. This means you get more money for your fish when going for distance bonuses! 

9 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Well...they already tweaked it..

Trade
The Otters are ravenous, and trade managers are struggling to keep up with the demand of fish. To try and poach fish from their competitors, Trade Managers will no longer apply any disadvantages for unconnected nodes. This means you get more money for your fish when going for distance bonuses! 

Not working, nodes still need to be connected

On PC was Patch that buffed fish prices, somewhat after kamasilvia Part 2,  and same Patch has nerfed afk fishing

Inflation hasn't hit Xbox yet. Prices have gone up over time on the pc and they will on the Xbox as well......I remember at launch prices of relic shards were something like 300k each and last time I checked they were around a mil each, probably way more now

Xbox is releasing content much faster so prices will probably increase much faster. Id say keep grinding on the professions you want to do, get that skill up to master/guru and become a overnight billionaire while everyone else tries to catch up when that content comes

That's what I'm doing atm I have nothing at tri right now, all my gear is duo.....but I'm Artisan in gathering and cooking with enough mats to push cooking to master whenever I choose to do so and processing is at artisan 8 so probably hit master by the end of the weekend. I'm using some of that processed material for workshops but the bulk of it is being crated up waiting for the desert patch 

Yeah Im working on that as well. I am looking to hit Master Fishing by the weekend. And to the point of the relic shards, that is correct. They are now over a mil each. 

9 minutes ago, Tr3nch said:

I am looking to hit Master Fishing by the weekend. 

So just AFK you Xbox till the weekend? Got it...

Master Fisherman....ya...🤣

4 hours ago, Uberkull said:

So just AFK you Xbox till the weekend? Got it...

Master Fisherman....ya...🤣

I don't afk until I sleep. I active fish 90% of my playing time. I don't know what you are talking about.

fishing now not Worth the time u invest, except for relic shards the fish i caught i processing it and use it for make pet food or general cooking recipe.

Right now i dont know which crafting skill is usefull for make some money.

8 hours ago, Tr3nch said:

I don't afk until I sleep. I active fish 90% of my playing time. I don't know what you are talking about.

That’s the problem with AFK fishing. If you want people to respect a Fishing title for its effort or achievement, you can’t in this game. Because anyone can look at Fishing titles or achievements and say ‘real hard, afk fish is no effort’.

And I think many players want their lifeskill leaderboards to see where they rank.Yet  Fishing has no merit in bdo ....and i love fishing in mmos and rpgs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TREYWAY said:

Are you intoxicated?

Care to elaborate on such an insightful comment?

As far as upcoming leaderboards...and currently profit...Fishing is useless and holds no respect. It’s a total AFK activity and you can’t prove you DON’T AFK fish.

14 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Fishing is useless

Yet where do u think most of the ancient relic shards are coming from. Fishing.  Thats pretty good profit. And as far as saying u cant prove u dont afk fish. Legally its on the accuser to provide proof and u cant prove that someone does afk fish.

I am selling about 7 to 10 relics a day just fishing in my sleep. Will be more as I level up and my bag space becomes the limiter and not 100 durability on my balenos rod.

3 hours ago, Uberkull said:

You can’t prove you DON’T AFK fish.

Actually I can. Op up there, @kajiru, if it's the same one I speak to on EU, Serendia 2, full well knows the struggles I'm having with one certain fish, because I'm active in the chat whilst I Active Fish.

(Lorenya BTW Kaj) 😂

I would chat while I afk fish in my spot, but I value my energy and cant burn it being bored. Even if I waste 270 at a time on workers trying for non blues.

66 workers and only 32 are above blue. Promotions suck so have to do it this way.

51 minutes ago, Doktar said:

I would chat while I afk fish in my spot, but I value my energy and cant burn it being bored. Even if I waste 270 at a time on workers trying for non blues.

66 workers and only 32 are above blue. Promotions suck so have to do it this way.

I chat whilst active fishing. Why wait 3 minutes for a fish (assuming no Bal rod or Penguin) if you're there to catch it manually? 

On 3/15/2019 at 8:20 PM, Uberkull said:

There are no Imperail Traders in the game yet. Those are the npcs that buy the Fish ad goods at 250% bonus.

I think you are referring to those from PC.

This for sure. Wish they would get this stuff in game and quit worrying about pc players "getting an advantage"

In about 2-3 hours of active fishing I net around 15-20 shards. Its not as lucrative as it would be with hotspots or harpooning but its not bad either. I will respect any fisherman with a "Prince" or "Guru" title of any blue or yellow fish that is caught out at sea. You would have to afk fish for a long damn time to achieve that outside of active fishing. 

Not one question answered about fishing during both livestreams and during server chat.. very unfortunate.