Uberkull

Dyes - For those who like to look good

10 hours ago, Jacs said:

A little disappointed reading that's how dyes work. Realistically thats the lowest reason on my priority list to have a value pack for. This can't actually be making them much money. I haven't really seen a game do this. But I have not played every Mmo out there. It makes sense, everything seems to be "pay for convenience". 

I dono how you cant see them making much off of that. People spend lots of time making thier character the way they want it to look, and that includes color. The entire character and graphics only point is to look good, you cant go into first person that I have found and ignore it. So some one spent hours making thier character, and then it goes back to default after them seeing it the color they wanted for a month. They instantly are going to want that color back.

1 hour ago, Hatefulsoul said:

Mervs palette is def part of the value pack.

No it is not in the original Korean version of Black Desert :). 

55 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

No it is not in the original Korean version of Black Desert :). 

I see my bad, I didnt know what you meant by kr sorry about that. I get what you were saying now. Yep that is 100 percent true if in kr no mervs with value pack, we are doing much better.

They could just make painting colors to be craft able. 

Like a production skill painting. 

This way you can find recipes in the world that unlock color palletes and you can craft them as many times as you wany or just roll the slot machine with real money for a random recipe. 

I think this is the best they can do pleasing all players. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Hatefulsoul said:

So some one spent hours making thier character, and then it goes back to default after them seeing it the color they wanted for a month. They instantly are going to want that color back.

You literally just justified why I say the Mervs Dye system is BS.

Here, this is how real MMOs handle Dyes and Subs

Elder Scrolls Online

If your ESO Plus membership lapses, you will still retain your hand-dyed costumes and hats, but you won't be able to modify them again until you renew your membership.

That is exactly how it should work. Restrict the palette to the sub, but the dyes remain on your gear. In addition, you can earn Dyes in game. Link

I play both ESO and BDX...so before you go off and say ‘go play ESO’, I already do. I enjoy both.

Edited by Uberkull

14 hours ago, Hatefulsoul said:

I dono how you cant see them making much off of that. People spend lots of time making thier character the way they want it to look, and that includes color. The entire character and graphics only point is to look good, you cant go into first person that I have found and ignore it. So some one spent hours making thier character, and then it goes back to default after them seeing it the color they wanted for a month. They instantly are going to want that color back.

A little disappointed reading that's how dyes work. Realistically thats the lowest reason on my priority list to have a value pack for. This can't actually be making them much money. I haven't really seen a game do this. But I have not played every Mmo out there. It makes sense, everything seems to be "pay for convenience".

My personal take of course. But that's why. 

The real problem is not being able to buy the dyes you want through the pearl shop. I'd buy tons of colours, blues, reds and white. If the merv pallet was permanent for 100$ I'd probably buy it... as is the value pack with the dye rental is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a game that has amazing cosmetics and charactor customization. If you take a break for a month.. welcome to the ghetto life... rip colours, rip charactor looking even remotely decent, have fun looking homeless unless you bust out that wallet. loving bullshit I agree with OP. The non permanence of dyes is rediculous to, in every game it's permanent. People must spend a lot of money on it or they'd change it... this thread has no clue.