Sign in to follow this  
Enslar

Beta stress testing

For a majority of the community on here who have played on the PC version, I would imagine that performance is probably a huge concern in the upcoming console version of the game. On PC, players have experienced huge issues with optimization, with even the beefiest of computers having trouble handling the large groups of people present at world bosses and sieges. Some issues also come into play from the servers just not being able to handle the stress. In one of the interviews about the console version, I recall questions being asked about optimization and how large amounts of people in one place will be handled. It was said that the ability of the game to support a large amount of people in one area without performance issues is something they are working very hard on. 

I participated in the beta test for the PC version of the game, and from my experience with that beta test, it didn't seem like the game and servers were actually stress tested to see if they could handle the amount of people in game, and the amount of people who would be trying to log in at launch. At launch, I started with the 3 day head start, and even with the smaller amount of people at that time, there were issues with getting into the game. I think it's very important to work these issues out before the official launch this time around. A place where it was seeming to hang up on PC was the authentication process. The authentication servers were overloaded, unable to handle the amount of players trying to access the game at the same time. 

With all that being said, my actual suggestion is:

During the beta, gather players in one place for an event. The event can be anything so long as it gathers at least about 200 people all in one place, to see how the game handles that amount of people. So that if it is still an issue, that issue can be addressed before official launch. As for the server part, the only way to really stress test that is to just allow a lot of players into the beta, or somehow simulate the server load by artificially increasing it. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Beond said:

Don't worry I already have 500 people setup for this :)

Providing they let all of those people into the beta. 

I'm gonna assume global chat is gonna be up during the beta, if thats the case I'll be up for any of the callouts for trying to get every1 in 1 place, world bosses, high traffic cities, etc. I wanna do everything i can to help the game run as smooth as possible when it comes out.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 11:41 PM, Enslar said:

Hmm some how messed up with the Quotes and now cant get rid of them thus I shall write in your Quote ... I would like to see some stress test event but think as a suggestion regarding the issue I once mentioned in AFK topic the idea is tho from a different game *Revelation but a simple one ..  they had a really nice feature where you were able to hide surrounding players what came really handy in crowded places so as boss fights what as I mentioned did save my lill ass on multiple occasions where I had to dodge certain one shot mechanics. This would greatly help in major city's where its lagging like your tripping so as for world bosses especially for world bosses as I presume its going to be hell'a harder to dodge on a console than on PC this feature would as well be welcome on the PC releases as like you said it is lagging even on hard core geared rigs.   

On 7/16/2018 at 12:20 AM, Beond said:

Edited by Astolti

10 hours ago, Beond said:

That would be a nice feature but they would have to make it afk players only to be hidden or the world would feel empty and it would be annoying to toggle it on and off

Think to make only afk players hidden is way more complicated than making all the surrounding players and besides you only would need to use it on boss fights so as if needed really crowded places like main capitals. 

39 minutes ago, Beond said:

Are you sure on that? I haven’t played in awhile but when I did only options I’ve ever had were hide pets and hide workers

it appears under beta optimization

im not entirely sure how it works but it hides other players on world bosses and also on very poluted spots like storage in towns also fishing spots
betabdo.thumb.jpg.ff3cf787abd040ab4889b999611a5fe3.jpg