Sign in to follow this  
Dr INF3RNO

Life skill nerfed - Question

Greetings,

Ill start off by saying I love life skills.

I love gathering, I love processing, cooking, alchemy, farming and when ill get a sh*t ton of logs, sailing too.

Sadly, most life skills are so nerfed that I dont see a point in doing them and here's why.

CP Side dishes - As most of you are aware, when cooking (or alchemy but ill focus on cooking) you got a chance in receiving a random side dish which you can exchange for Silver, beer, cooking exp and milk. BUT there's a 5th side dish which you can exchange for CP exp which we don't have. The reasoning for it on release was to control growth which sounded like a logical idea in vanilla but now we're at mediah and still no CP Dish.

I've finished the main quest and been doing A LOT of daily quests and im still struggling at 150CP which BARELY covers my basic node setup.

This means I can't process wood/ores simply cause I dont produce em cause i don't have the CP for the nodes AND I can't set up farms, again cause I got no CP to spare.

Along with that we have yet to receive 2 very important (imo) costumes in the pearl shop.

The cooking costume and the processing costume (which is apparently bugged and was taken down so welp)

The cooking costume, most importantly, reduces 2 seconds from your cooking which is a big deal since we cant buy a silver embroidered cloths because no one is selling them.

So there really is not point in cooking due to slow cooking times and no CP dish benefits.

And lastly, we don't have the imperial NPCs to sell to imperial boxes from cooking/Alchemy which means they are much less rewarding silver wise unless you're making meals/pvp elixirs which will take for ever to create in large quantities and benefit from.

To summerize - as a life skiller I have zero incentive to do any life skills except maybe gathering and even then I got nothing to do with the mats except making more utensils and more tools which im already swimming in. Huge bummer.

I would REALLY want to know when to expect to get all of the above - CP dishes/life skill costumes and imperial npcs.

Cheers

Edited by Dr INF3NRO
  • Like 1

We are at Mediah part 1, so not full mediah yet. CP dishes may come with that. As for 150 contribution, im no pc player but i like building my empire and i see your struggle. My solution. Make alts, go quest, there are options. I broke 150 co today without actively trying to work on CP. For the costume yeah it will be nice,  but i dont think we needed PC players rocking a 1 second cook time on day 1 of a new game cause that puta fresh players at a huge loss. Again mediah part 2 or Valencia we may see it. Until then silver embroidered costume are a thing on the market. As of writing this i see 126 cooking outfits have been traded, 1250 fisher, 214 alchemist, 1079 craftsmen outfits. So yeah they are there just put in pre orders for them. Dont like that then take some of your 150CP empire and lifeskill your own costumes like others do.

This isnt PC, stop expecting it to be immediately like pc and enjoy it how it is.

@[CM]Shirnamentioned last night, in the stream, that the “side dishes” you speak of will be coming in the next three months at some point. 

Edited by WeAreLegion
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hieraphant said:

We are at Mediah part 1, so not full mediah yet. CP dishes may come with that. As for 150 contribution, im no pc player but i like building my empire and i see your struggle. My solution. Make alts, go quest, there are options. I broke 150 co today without actively trying to work on CP. For the costume yeah it will be nice,  but i dont think we needed PC players rocking a 1 second cook time on day 1 of a new game cause that puta fresh players at a huge loss. Again mediah part 2 or Valencia we may see it. Until then silver embroidered costume are a thing on the market. As of writing this i see 126 cooking outfits have been traded, 1250 fisher, 214 alchemist, 1079 craftsmen outfits. So yeah they are there just put in pre orders for them. Dont like that then take some of your 150CP empire and lifeskill your own costumes like others do.

This isnt PC, stop expecting it to be immediately like pc and enjoy it how it is.

To have 1 sec cooking you'll need a +5 silver embroidered cooks cloth + advanced utensil + teff sandwich and a nice alchemy life stone. So no, even with a "p2w" costume I doubt anyone can reach 1 s cooking at this stage.

Also, I do make my own cloths. But its 1.5ish hours per craft and even with proff workers on cotton/powder of earth. Im not making enough materials to keep it running 24/7 nor do my max price preorders are getting filled. 

Furthermore, im not expecting it to be same as PC but as I stated above - it gimps life skills. And your suggestion to clear out cp for farms is irrelevant as I've already stated it barely covers my basic build. Basic means no wood, ore or mushroom nodes. 

Its clear that these things will be added at some point, I just want to know when.

I think people are more concerned with current bug fixes, quest issues and the such before we can implinent more QoL stuff. As i stated this is mediah part 1. Lets see what happens in april with part 2.

28 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Its clear that these things will be added at some point, I just want to know when.

And while I get your desire for a time Shirna spend a few minutes specifically explaining that they just cannot say specific times as they don’t know. They only have a target window and would rather avoid giving out a promised date that they might either fail to hit or rush something out wrong and have to pull it back. 

Thay customer service 101: Underpromise and Overdeliver. 

• Like 2

There are two points made in @Dr INF3NRO post.

- No CP side dishes made from cooking. Removing a mechanic that helps expand a major game feature in Node/Worker gameplay, no smart.

- No Imperial Traders. Makes fishing for profit completely pointless. 

Taking out the ability to gain CP efficiently and taking out Fishing as a profitable lifeskill. No sure I see fhe reasoning,

• Like 1

150 is low for questing so much. I am at 260 cp and that's with 1 boss alt to 51. He added 20 CP.

More dailies and turn on lifeskill and those quests too.

I have been rafting beers banking the rest. 4k plus on most normal things. More on lumber. All saved for later.

Just have fun and don't get too stressed 

42 minutes ago, Doktar said:

150 is low for questing so much. I am at 260 cp and that's with 1 boss alt to 51. He added 20 CP.

More dailies and turn on lifeskill and those quests too.

I have been rafting beers banking the rest. 4k plus on most normal things. More on lumber. All saved for later.

Just have fun and don't get too stressed 

260?

What did you do because my 3 alts barely gave me 200

Calpheon dailies, north to the soldier fort, florin, Olivia  velia heidel,  lost lamb Sara orphans, glish keplan trent.

Life skills have quite a few dailies too. Specially in olivia.

80 minutes for a loop and most of its running on a mount.

Did have a 3 day head start so 3 days ago I was at 220.