Sign in to follow this  
Fury091014

Fellow Xbox one gamers.

I am also playing Black Desert but my post here is for fellow Xbox gamers.

I reset my new console that i had bought specifically for Black Desert, the original console had a name (xbox_os_somethingsomething) can't remember the rest.

The new set up afterwards auto named my Xbox one to (XBOXONE)

My question that i have spent 3 days on with asking microsoft, and their support site with no help is.

What is the original default Xbox one S's Console name? I want it set to that and not the auto one (XBOXONE) but the one that it came with when i 1st turned it on...

Please help my mind out.

I also know that i can re name it to whatever i wish but i really just want the default, no reason really.

Edited by Fury091014

No numbers on the default name for the Xbox OG and S. In the end, as long as you don’t have duplicate Xbxo names, you will be fine. The name acts like a DNS name for your network.

Edited by Uberkull
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 4:44 PM, Uberkull said:

No numbers on the default name for the Xbox OG and S. In the end, as long as you don’t have duplicate Xbxo names, you will be fine. The name acts like a DNS name for your network.

Updating this topic due to head issues,

I refunded the Xbox that had that default name due to other issues but after re purchased another X one s and the same thing happened again with the console name showing up as XBOXONE after activating it.

The first X one s that i had the device name was like what you had said.

I am now on my 4th X one s and i need to stop, each one i get and activate says XBOXONE, does this mean that they are all used and or taken back to the store after being reset?

Should they all say XBOXONE after being activated or Xbox-SystemOS?

All of the consoles out in the stores out here have broken seals on them.

On another note, i spoke with microsoft and was told that each of these systems had warranties that started in mid February, not sure if the store does this or if it's someone that bought it, registered it, took it back...

i appreciate any and all comments, this is driving me insane.  

not sure i understand the issue.. i've been using the xbox one since launch and never really thought about the name and how it's displayed..

if i may ask, why is it an issue? you're afraid it's a returned item? wouldn't you think that the new S released could have a new naming convention?

My issue is my head lol

But this is how i see it, My 1st X one s that i bought (for this game only) had a default system name such as Xbox_systemOS. After resetting that console it defaulted the name to XBOXONE.

I didn't remember the exact name it had before resetting it, though i do like to keep things at default.

I returned the console due to noise issues with overheating, the next one i got did not have the default console name Xbox_systemOS something something, it was named as XBOXONE.

Returned it immediately thinking it was manually reset and thought that the only way it gets that name is by a person resetting it manually.

The next one i get right after that had the same name, returned it. The next one i got under the consoles name was called FANCYPANTS!

Returned it. This one i have now under the console name is XBOXONE. My head is telling me that these are all returned by other people and that these consoles should have the default name

as Xbox_OS something...

Or am i wrong? 

13 minutes ago, maXmood said:

not sure i understand the issue.. i've been using the xbox one since launch and never really thought about the name and how it's displayed..

if i may ask, why is it an issue? you're afraid it's a returned item? wouldn't you think that the new S released could have a new naming convention?

and yes, i do not want it because i am worried its a returned item, if its not then i wouldn't being doing what i am doing.

2 minutes ago, Fury091014 said:

My issue is my head lol

But this is how i see it, My 1st X one s that i bought (for this game only) had a default system name such as Xbox_systemOS. After resetting that console it defaulted the name to XBOXONE.

I didn't remember the exact name it had before resetting it, though i do like to keep things at default.

I returned the console due to noise issues with overheating, the next one i got did not have the default console name Xbox_systemOS something something, it was named as XBOXONE.

Returned it immediately thinking it was manually reset and thought that the only way it gets that name is by a person resetting it manually.

The next one i get right after that had the same name, returned it. The next one i got under the consoles name was called FANCYPANTS!

Returned it. This one i have now under the console name is XBOXONE. My head is telling me that these are all returned by other people and that these consoles should have the default name

as Xbox_OS something...

Or am i wrong? 

well, this is what i think.. the newly released consoles (starting Feb 2019) comes with the new naming convention of XBOXONE and probably a new firmware. Pre Feb 2019 were called Xbox-SystemOS and has the old firmware.. some hardware parts may been replaced with better ones too. 

• Like 1

Could it be that the one i had with the default name as Xbox_OS something was an odd one and that all brand new Xbox one s's are named as default XBOXONE?

How can i tell if the console is new and not returned?

edited: Also this one i have now that i just got yesterday went through the updating process after i turned it on, i would think if it were used that it wouldn't do that.

Edited by Fury091014

8 minutes ago, Fury091014 said:

Could it be that the one i had with the default name as Xbox_OS something was an odd one and that all brand new Xbox one s's are named as default XBOXONE?

How can i tell if the console is new and not returned?

it could very well be...

you can try this and see if it's registered? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

Just now, Fury091014 said:

I did try that yesterday and it shows me this, Manufacturer Warranty ends 03/18/2020

If this was registered prior to me would it show up? or would the Manufacturer Warranty end sooner?

this basically means that you've run this device on this date and warranty will end 1year from now.  and yes, it would show up.. it would show up for example 12/1/12019, which means this device has been bought and got activated on 12/1/2018..

5 minutes ago, maXmood said:

this basically means that you've run this device on this date and warranty will end 1year from now.  and yes, it would show up.. it would show up for example 12/1/12019, which means this device has been bought and got activated on 12/1/2018..

That is what happened with one of the X one S's that i got yesterday, it had been registered in feb of this year.

The wierd thing is, i didn't activate this one i have now till over night on 3/2019. unless it goes by the time of purchase?

Such as Manufacturer Warranty ends 03/18/2020 that would be the day i bought it.

Edited by Fury091014

1 minute ago, Fury091014 said:

That is what happened with one of the X one S's that i got yesterday, it had been registered in feb of this year.

The wierd thing is, i didn't activate this one i have now till over night on 3/2019. unless it goes by the time of purchase?

i don't think it goes by the time of purchase, but by activation (turning on the device). also, consider the timezone you're in and the time it registers on MS website.. it could be 1:00AM on March 19th your time, but registers as 6:00PM on March 18th on MS website (timezone difference)

9 hours ago, maXmood said:

i don't think it goes by the time of purchase, but by activation (turning on the device). also, consider the timezone you're in and the time it registers on MS website.. it could be 1:00AM on March 19th your time, but registers as 6:00PM on March 18th on MS website (timezone difference)

One last and final question, if i reset my xbox one s today on the 19th will the new registration date show 03/19/2019?

I kind of like the look of it lol

other than that, spoke with microsoft and was told that the XBOXONE default name is part of a new system patch so that makes sense.

8 hours ago, Fury091014 said:

One last and final question, if i reset my xbox one s today on the 19th will the new registration date show 03/19/2019?

I kind of like the look of it lol

other than that, spoke with microsoft and was told that the XBOXONE default name is part of a new system patch so that makes sense.

i don't think you can change the registration date if you reset..