Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Krieg

Grievance

Recommended Posts

So i have been playing since game drop and i am honestly not pleased with this game. I've given it a pretty good run spent the entire time up to now none stop grinding. Learning everything i can from the pc version which honestly didn't help much and i am finally to the point to where i honestly just want a refund because the pain of playing this game actually out weights the enjoyment. Don't get me wrong i absolutely love the combat system it is much better than anything else that i have seen in MMOs but there are just to many things out weighing the fun to be had with this and the game is not even fully released yet. We still have roughly 4 expansions to go if i am not mistaken a huge amount of classes not released and a whole bunch of other stuff that makes the game sound great but really gets out weighted in the long run and unfortunately one major problem that was said would be immediately addressed after release and is still a freaking problem now. so lets go ahead and dive right into this and no this is not a rant this is honestly  just a critique of the game from someone who has spent the entire life gaming.

First up the biggest and most devastating problem in my opinion. The developers promised back when the beta was out that the screen safe zone would be addressed immidiately after launch. Here we are so many days later and a major expansion later and i still can't see the vast majority of my screen. Its not my tv because every other game works perfectly fine and those that don't have the option to adjust so that they fit appropriately. Not only did we get promised a very quick fix for this we are now after a major update that added massive amounts of quest lands, nodes and a whole slew of other content but we still didn't get the basic fix for quality of life we were promised. This really doesn't say great things about the developers as a whole as such a small fix should have been easy for them to do. Don't get me wrong programing isn't a cake walk but still this compared to what went into the game makes this fix a cake walk. So we have already been set up with the idea that the devs have a chase if not a habit of not making good on their word. This isn't the only thing that was promised to be fixed quickly either several major maintenance later there are still people complaining about not getting their silver for turning in their bars to the storage. This is the second thing that was promised a quick fix and has yet to be delivered on.

Second, Now this is addressed by many a pc player to the devs and i am sure many an xbox player. The drop rates on this game are mind shatteringly low. Don't get me wrong RNG is RNG but having a .07 drop rate for an item that is a transitional item meant to be grabbed by the player so that they can grind for the great that will allow them to acquire the gear that they need to partake in late game content is mind boggling. I understand low drop rates, It makes the item more valuable and makes the person play the game more and want to purchase quality of life items from the cash store. However the way that the RNG is set up in this game and applied makes getting even the most basic gear require one to have absolutely no life or have and endless wellspring of money to throw at the game in addition to having very little of a life as lets face it a 20% increase to a .001 drop is laughable. You still have a near non existent chance of getting the item you are after not to mention the fact that many mobs where you farm such items that keep in mind aren't transitional items. Such mobs don't always drop something meaning that this .001 chance is actually lower because the creatures don't always drop something meaning there is yet another spinner to be spun to determine if there is loot. Again don't get me wrong i understand the devs wanting to make money but i have seen memes about this game being the home of the 0% drop chance, Memes about mark of shadows which is a low end item in all reality being a myth and these things are made by veteran pc players. Not only does spending your money on the game to try and get the item yourself seem fruitless its honestly inadvisable if you do the math. This game needs a serious revamp to the way that the drop system works anyone who has to balance a job and life is not going to have the time to endlessly grind for an item that they need to aquire to partake in end game content. They would be better off playing a game like World of warcraft which has become a shadow of its formerself but at least there drops are much higher and you can more readily get gear to progress your character. 

 

Thirdly. If the drop rate issues were not bad enough on th eir own the Player market is so screwed up at this point that it isn't even entirely worth using to attempt to make money to buy items other players have gotten and sell on there. I have seen that sale prices are static and pre ordering creates a wait list. There is no bid list meaning that the demand of an item affects its price there for driving the player economy forward and making it either more or less likely to find an item a player needs. Not only this the primary way of making money on the player market is selling items that players have bought from the cash store, Which is promptly limited to roughly 8 a week if i am not mistaken meaning that you can make X amount of money off of cash shop items. Don't get me wrong this is a good thing it reduces the pay to win aspect but unfortunately it is still the most viable way to make money on the market given that the prices of all items are static and most basic items sell for under 500k means that a player can buy 8 costumes for the most played class and make upward of 25 mil a pop per costume or the savy investor can sell the bits and possibly make more than the whole set is actually worth. Not only this but i have seen that when prices do go up through out the day for what ever reason they reset at a certain time going back down to their pace value this means people who preorder items only have a set frame of time that an item can be sold for that amount and actually get the item making the wait time on a wait listed item take even longer. This is an absolutely mind boggling th ing for an mmo to do. The players drive the economy in nearly all mmos meaning if the item has value it is determined by the players to have X value rather than the Devs. Sure this keeps the market from inflating but it also keeps money from being able to be properly made when you pair it with the drop rates. Trying to buy up all the items and sell them back at a profit you aren't making really any profit in doing so even when you buy an item in high demand such as a yuria's staff currently on the xbox version. This is due to the way that the tax system works. Players with the value pack can make a small modicum of money while players without it actually lose money attempting to do this further crippling the player market for those players.

All in all these three things alone are enough to make me regret spending my money on this game and i know i have seen a lot of complaining about all of these things in general chat so i am sure that the rest of the community sees them as well and i am sure that those that read this and check the math will see that this is really a problem. This game is an absolute meatgrinder for a consumer. In its current state considering the fact that i haven't used any of my pre order items i would think a refund is in order but unfortunately due to microsofts rules of buying things from their store i cannot make such a move to gain back my money nor can i attempt to sell the vast majority of the items i have to try and make my life easier in game. So far this port has been an utter flop in my opinion and it needs some serious attention before i will ever be willing to spend another dime on the game itself.

Anyone thats what i had that should be looked at. Honestly i doubt that anything will be done because of me putting this up here and all of these things have been talked about before but less in depth and nothing has been done about them on pc. To me this seems like another MMO console flop. Anyway to those of you that read this congratz on making it through. For t hose of you that are looking to see if this is the game for you and you notice this post i would highly suggest not going into this game unless your planning to spend endless amounts of actual money on it.  

  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen man...this isn’t the forum for it. I’ll be honest, I didn’t read all your post. It’s too long and probably better served in the feedback forum or even a direct ticket. 

Regardless of wether you meant to troll or not I’m afraid your not going to get the kind of response you want here. Copy/paste it into the feedback forum, edit this one to nothing and open ticket. 👍🏼

Good luck with whatever your grievances are. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be on a different server, I see none of these complaints.

Drop rate is fine.

Economy based off supply and demand us fine.

And i had size issue with my game, cut off the hp bar completely. Went into the xbox settings with game off and calibrated my tv.

Turns out it wasn't the game. It was the TV even though other games worked ok. So it's just you not adjusting I bet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rip placed it in the wrong section lol. But yes this is feed back and yeah its long because i did a lot of research before actually posting. Didn't figure many people would fully read the post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screen Aspect: We had the function ready for the Mediah update, but it was pulled last minute due to a few issues. We're hoping to bring it as soon as possible. 

Drops: The drops are reduced in the starting areas, but in Mediah the loot is back to a more flowing style. the reason for the reduction is to make low level looting easier. The value of items are increased massively in the beginner regions, and the number of drops were reduced. Once you reach Mediah, the loot is back to a more normalised standard. 

For the market, you have made up your mind and thats cool. I'll be taking your feedback down and suggesting it to the developers :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, [CM]Shirna said:

Screen Aspect: We had the function ready for the Mediah update, but it was pulled last minute due to a few issues. We're hoping to bring it as soon as possible. 

Drops: The drops are reduced in the starting areas, but in Mediah the loot is back to a more flowing style. the reason for the reduction is to make low level looting easier. The value of items are increased massively in the beginner regions, and the number of drops were reduced. Once you reach Mediah, the loot is back to a more normalised standard. 

For the market, you have made up your mind and thats cool. I'll be taking your feedback down and suggesting it to the developers :)

I greatly appreciate you doing so. Honestly even in Mediah getting loot drops feels insanely difficult. (I am referring to the ones worth while over the ones that get you a bit of silver in your pocket.) Perhaps my best example is the Asula earings which i spent 3 full days grinding Helms post attempting to acquire. During that three day span where i played for roughly 8-12 hours grinding using my wizard, I never got a single earing drop and only a few other drops most of which weren't really worth the effort and time input. I even used a blessing and leveled the node before starting that grind. I got roughly 8 drops that were worth while. 4 of which oddly enough were the regular rings but no earings. The others were +8 items. While these are nice. The additional rings become rather useless after a certain point even if you run a large number of characters. The +8s on the other hand are rather valuble no matter how far along you are as they can be broken down for more stones or can even be sold for a fair sum of money. I truly think that the drops there still need attention. Keep in mind this is just my helms hold grind but over all since Mediah's release i really haven't gotten anything from drops that gives me great wows. Most of my gear has come from quests. 

As for the Market it really should have some more flexability its a player driven game with a clear economy. Being able to set prices would help greatly sure having a certain high they can't go above is nice but it prevents people who want to be traders from being able to buy and sell to make their money. As for being a non value pack player this method of gaining money really isn't available to them which is quite a shame. 

I really hope that you guys can balance these things better, The combat in game is an absolute blast. But as it currently sits the pain of having to do other things so that you can enjoy yourself is currently out weighing it. (Also in regards to the starting area drops. Those were just examples i was using that most would be familiar with. But that pain does exist elsewhere.) One all these things are balanced out combined with such an intensive combat system with all the other things i've seen on pc i have no doubt that this game will do amazingly on console.  It is good to know that you guys are working on the screen fix it is a real shame that it didn't make it out as the screen drives me crazy but heres hoping it makes it out in the next update.

Also CM Shima thank you for such a quick response to this post that certainly goes a long way. I've posted on other games forums and gotten responses weeks afterward from devs or forum managers but i don't think i've ever seen one so quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You made your way into Mediah and you still want refund because what? You are not lucky enough and you do not make ton's of money like people who have been playing this game on PC for 3 years and are now playing on xbox too. Looks like the screen safe zone you say is 

On 3/18/2019 at 12:18 AM, Krieg said:

First up the biggest and most devastating problem in my opinion. The developers promised back when the beta was out that the screen safe zone would be addressed immidiately after launch.

not stopping you from playing this game for hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 11:18 PM, Krieg said:

So i have been playing since game drop and i am honestly not pleased with this game. I've given it a pretty good run spent the entire time up to now none stop grinding. Learning everything i can from the pc version which honestly didn't help much and i am finally to the point to where i honestly just want a refund because the pain of playing this game actually out weights the enjoyment. Don't get me wrong i absolutely love the combat system it is much better than anything else that i have seen in MMOs but there are just to many things out weighing the fun to be had with this and the game is not even fully released yet. We still have roughly 4 expansions to go if i am not mistaken a huge amount of classes not released and a whole bunch of other stuff that makes the game sound great but really gets out weighted in the long run and unfortunately one major problem that was said would be immediately addressed after release and is still a freaking problem now. so lets go ahead and dive right into this and no this is not a rant this is honestly  just a critique of the game from someone who has spent the entire life gaming.

First up the biggest and most devastating problem in my opinion. The developers promised back when the beta was out that the screen safe zone would be addressed immidiately after launch. Here we are so many days later and a major expansion later and i still can't see the vast majority of my screen. Its not my tv because every other game works perfectly fine and those that don't have the option to adjust so that they fit appropriately. Not only did we get promised a very quick fix for this we are now after a major update that added massive amounts of quest lands, nodes and a whole slew of other content but we still didn't get the basic fix for quality of life we were promised. This really doesn't say great things about the developers as a whole as such a small fix should have been easy for them to do. Don't get me wrong programing isn't a cake walk but still this compared to what went into the game makes this fix a cake walk. So we have already been set up with the idea that the devs have a chase if not a habit of not making good on their word. This isn't the only thing that was promised to be fixed quickly either several major maintenance later there are still people complaining about not getting their silver for turning in their bars to the storage. This is the second thing that was promised a quick fix and has yet to be delivered on.

Second, Now this is addressed by many a pc player to the devs and i am sure many an xbox player. The drop rates on this game are mind shatteringly low. Don't get me wrong RNG is RNG but having a .07 drop rate for an item that is a transitional item meant to be grabbed by the player so that they can grind for the great that will allow them to acquire the gear that they need to partake in late game content is mind boggling. I understand low drop rates, It makes the item more valuable and makes the person play the game more and want to purchase quality of life items from the cash store. However the way that the RNG is set up in this game and applied makes getting even the most basic gear require one to have absolutely no life or have and endless wellspring of money to throw at the game in addition to having very little of a life as lets face it a 20% increase to a .001 drop is laughable. You still have a near non existent chance of getting the item you are after not to mention the fact that many mobs where you farm such items that keep in mind aren't transitional items. Such mobs don't always drop something meaning that this .001 chance is actually lower because the creatures don't always drop something meaning there is yet another spinner to be spun to determine if there is loot. Again don't get me wrong i understand the devs wanting to make money but i have seen memes about this game being the home of the 0% drop chance, Memes about mark of shadows which is a low end item in all reality being a myth and these things are made by veteran pc players. Not only does spending your money on the game to try and get the item yourself seem fruitless its honestly inadvisable if you do the math. This game needs a serious revamp to the way that the drop system works anyone who has to balance a job and life is not going to have the time to endlessly grind for an item that they need to aquire to partake in end game content. They would be better off playing a game like World of warcraft which has become a shadow of its formerself but at least there drops are much higher and you can more readily get gear to progress your character. 

 

Thirdly. If the drop rate issues were not bad enough on th eir own the Player market is so screwed up at this point that it isn't even entirely worth using to attempt to make money to buy items other players have gotten and sell on there. I have seen that sale prices are static and pre ordering creates a wait list. There is no bid list meaning that the demand of an item affects its price there for driving the player economy forward and making it either more or less likely to find an item a player needs. Not only this the primary way of making money on the player market is selling items that players have bought from the cash store, Which is promptly limited to roughly 8 a week if i am not mistaken meaning that you can make X amount of money off of cash shop items. Don't get me wrong this is a good thing it reduces the pay to win aspect but unfortunately it is still the most viable way to make money on the market given that the prices of all items are static and most basic items sell for under 500k means that a player can buy 8 costumes for the most played class and make upward of 25 mil a pop per costume or the savy investor can sell the bits and possibly make more than the whole set is actually worth. Not only this but i have seen that when prices do go up through out the day for what ever reason they reset at a certain time going back down to their pace value this means people who preorder items only have a set frame of time that an item can be sold for that amount and actually get the item making the wait time on a wait listed item take even longer. This is an absolutely mind boggling th ing for an mmo to do. The players drive the economy in nearly all mmos meaning if the item has value it is determined by the players to have X value rather than the Devs. Sure this keeps the market from inflating but it also keeps money from being able to be properly made when you pair it with the drop rates. Trying to buy up all the items and sell them back at a profit you aren't making really any profit in doing so even when you buy an item in high demand such as a yuria's staff currently on the xbox version. This is due to the way that the tax system works. Players with the value pack can make a small modicum of money while players without it actually lose money attempting to do this further crippling the player market for those players.

All in all these three things alone are enough to make me regret spending my money on this game and i know i have seen a lot of complaining about all of these things in general chat so i am sure that the rest of the community sees them as well and i am sure that those that read this and check the math will see that this is really a problem. This game is an absolute meatgrinder for a consumer. In its current state considering the fact that i haven't used any of my pre order items i would think a refund is in order but unfortunately due to microsofts rules of buying things from their store i cannot make such a move to gain back my money nor can i attempt to sell the vast majority of the items i have to try and make my life easier in game. So far this port has been an utter flop in my opinion and it needs some serious attention before i will ever be willing to spend another dime on the game itself.

Anyone thats what i had that should be looked at. Honestly i doubt that anything will be done because of me putting this up here and all of these things have been talked about before but less in depth and nothing has been done about them on pc. To me this seems like another MMO console flop. Anyway to those of you that read this congratz on making it through. For t hose of you that are looking to see if this is the game for you and you notice this post i would highly suggest not going into this game unless your planning to spend endless amounts of actual money on it.  

Long story short, if you can't deal with RNG and cannot accept the grindiness of this game you should stop playing it now before you harm yourself or your hardware. LOL 

I've played many many mmos at the age of 15-24 and had last 4 years of rest (I'm a console player so there wasn't much to play on XBOX and FFXiV on PS4 just wasn't what I wanted ). More than a year of my rest from mmos I spent researching about BDO to make sure I know at least enough to prepare for launch. LET ME TELL YOU, after 18 days of playing I can honestly say that this is the greatest and the most innovative, the most fun but often frustrating mmo I've ever played and BECAUSE it is on console makes it my top online game ever. 

You should've known what you are signing up for before you committed to the purchase. In the end this game is about grind and facing RNG but also a lot of fun..

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I read another "don't get me wrong" im gonna have a stroke.

About screen size. I had the same thing on my other TV, went to tv settings, had an option in aspect ratio called "auto" and it basically fixed. You can try that see if your tv has the option.

On the other topics - Look mate, you're not wrong but you're missing the point of the game. 

Yes, you can spend hours upon hours of grinding and perhaps not get the item you're looking for. But thats what the trash loot if for - you exchange/sell it and make loads of silver.

On top of that you got NPCs selling a big chunk of the gears (overpriced) if its not available in the market.

And most importantly, it looks like you didn't even dip your toes in life skills which is basically a whole subject on its own.

 

Here's what I think. You're overwhelmed and lost. You don't know what to do next and maybe following a guide that you think is legit but probably dosn't suit you.

Here's what you should do.

Join a guild, take small bites of the game and make progress slowly. Do daily quests, knowledge grind, help your guild with slaying quests and dabble into cooking and processing.

Ask your guild questions - its the best information source for newbies.

The game is good. Its not perfect but compared to other MMORPGs its on a whole different league. If you still think you don't want to play, then maybe you should question if you're into MMORPGs at all. I guarantee from all my years playing this genre, this game beats everything else by a long shot. Heck, I waited since june 2017 to play this on console.

Take it easy.

Cheers

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...