Sign in to follow this  
PipR89

Few beginner questions. Appreciate any feedback.

So I have played mmos for over ten years, but bdo is like no other. Which is great cause I love the game. Of course it is over whelming cause it offers so much but that's great too. 

Firstly I notice people ignore all quests except story ones and just grind power level to 55 or whatever level they are now. Why so? Why not take time and do other quests to get more skill points and contribution points? I guess I'm wondering what they do once they get to level 55+, what does the game offer at this level that lower level doesn't? 

Secondly, if I do this, isn't it hard to track back and find any quests in the whole map as it's quite big and time consuming, aren't you better off doing every quest as you go from every npc u meet and pass by? 

Thirdly I understand this isn't like world of warcraft where raids give you the best gear etc. To clarify, does all the best gear come from random drops and so most likely I need to grind money to buy my gear from central marketplace? 

Fourthly, what is an amazing AP and DP to have on your class, just so I have an idea? 

Thanks all

Edited by PipR89

Hello and welcome...

In order from my experience...there are others here with more...

1) The main Black Spirit quest chain offers a majority of your Inventory upgrades and allows you to build Energy and some CP. The side quests you run into, if they are close can be a bonus and worth knocking out since you are there.

Players want to get to 55ish because the end game here is PvP.

2) You can always go back and talk to NPCs for knowledge which also leads you to quests you skipped anyways. Also when you learn about Nodes and Workers, going back to visit all of them will provide you with quests.

3) There are only like 10 sets in the game and probabiy 3 worth end game. Gear in this game is pretty stagnant and you won’t get new gear often once you settle on your desired set for you class.

- If your focus is end game PvP, you have like 2 sets to consider and World boss drops for ‘done’ gear. 

- If you want to Life Skill, consider gear that supports your crafts. Again...limited sets.

This game’s gear works on basic sets, most you can buy on the MP and you can see all the possible gear the game has to offer on the MP that is NOT Bound to Family. There are set item drops throughout the world that are nice but most can’t be enhanced.

Enhanced? All gear sets that have the ability to be Enhanced can be through the Black Spirit. This is the Black Stone enhancement game +15, PEN, etc

Unlike WoW, no gear sets look much different than your default gear. Because the game wants you to buy customes to make you look different. You can make costumes in game but they REPLACE your gear sets, not desired.

4) 150 AP / 150 DP...good start, do ok in late game PVE. Wanna push end game, top PvP.. 220AP / 250+ DP.. Depending on class, you can get by with less.

Edited by Uberkull

@PipR89, Uber did a great job answering all your questions, but I wanted to give my thoughts on your first question:

3 hours ago, PipR89 said:

Firstly I notice people ignore all quests except story ones and just grind power level to 55 or whatever level they are now. Why so? Why not take time and do other quests to get more skill points and contribution points? I guess I'm wondering what they do once they get to level 55+, what does the game offer at this level that lower level doesn't? 

He hit the nail on the head, people want to get to PVP if that's their play style.  My question to you would be, how do you play? Do you like to role-play in game, not just with others but when playing solo, and/or do you like to do NPC quests for the story? If so I highly advise you just take your time and do all the quests that interest you. No, the writing is not up there with the Witcher, but even the simple throw away "Goblin love human stable keeper, human stable keeper doesn't" quests...some will speak to you as an individual and cause others to cringe. ;) 

I've been loving taking my time.  Since three days prior to launch I have been playing "my way", while taking advice and feedback where it fits my style, and am now at 49 and only just getting to Calpheon. (Not too far into the story I think) 

Anyhow...play the way you like.  The sandbox aspects of this game are second to none in the MMORPG world and honestly...I can't think of a single-player RPG that even has the ability to just live in the world.

Hope that helps.

So to piggyback on this thread.

I pretty much skipped most of those sidequests, and planned to go back for them later, since quests don't give XP in this game. shouldn't be much of a issue to go back and complete these right? It'll mostly be for Contribution Points and knowledge/story/lore, yes?

Edited by JayMadIV

53 minutes ago, JayMadIV said:

So to piggyback on this thread.

I pretty much skipped most of those sidequests, and planned to go back for them later, since quests don't give XP in this game. shouldn't be much of a issue to go back and complete these right? It'll mostly be for Contribution Points and knowledge/story/lore, yes?

I don’t see an issue with it. 

Honestly...there are SO MANY that my completionist ways have been broken and I’m just enjoying the ride. Lol

5 hours ago, Uberkull said:

Hello and welcome...

In order from my experience...there are others here with more...

1) The main Black Spirit quest chain offers a majority of your Inventory upgrades and allows you to build Energy and some CP. The side quests you run into, if they are close can be a bonus and worth knocking out since you are there.

Players want to get to 55ish because the end game here is PvP.

2) You can always go back and talk to NPCs for knowledge which also leads you to quests you skipped anyways. Also when you learn about Nodes and Workers, going back to visit all of them will provide you with quests.

3) There are only like 10 sets in the game and probabiy 3 worth end game. Gear in this game is pretty stagnant and you won’t get new gear often once you settle on your desired set for you class.

- If your focus is end game PvP, you have like 2 sets to consider and World boss drops for ‘done’ gear. 

- If you want to Life Skill, consider gear that supports your crafts. Again...limited sets.

This game’s gear works on basic sets, most you can buy on the MP and you can see all the possible gear the game has to offer on the MP that is NOT Bound to Family. There are set item drops throughout the world that are nice but most can’t be enhanced.

Enhanced? All gear sets that have the ability to be Enhanced can be through the Black Spirit. This is the Black Stone enhancement game +15, PEN, etc

Unlike WoW, no gear sets look much different than your default gear. Because the game wants you to buy customes to make you look different. You can make costumes in game but they REPLACE your gear sets, not desired.

4) 150 AP / 150 DP...good start, do ok in late game PVE. Wanna push end game, top PvP.. 220AP / 250+ DP.. Depending on class, you can get by with less.

Wow man thanks so much for all your amazing feedback. Just what I was looking for. I really appreciate you taken the time. And thanks to all the others that followed with a response too. This clarified a lot for me in the game. Thanks guys. See you all on the battlefield ;)