BrokenAzs

Karma Should Be Removed

Open world pvp either needs completely removed, or karma needs completely removed.

It adds nothing, and if the goal is to protect players from getting PK'd, just remove open world pvp.

This game offers 2 forms of content, PvP and life skills.

If the intent is for PvP to only happen when both players consent, remove world pvp completely.

If the intent is to make a fun PvP game that is driven by player experience, remove karma.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

not gonna happen. I'm pretty sure that this has been argued ad nauseum on the PC Version and they've refused to change it for years. if it were, it would have been done on the PC Version already.

as I understand it, the Karma system is in place in order to discourage griefing while still allowing Open World PVP.

• Like 1

there is no use in what u are saying so either someone gets spawn camped or there is no pvp at all and i think both options would be bad for the game its a pvp minded game and u should get used to the fact that u might get killed 

• Like 1

That would make the whole point of going red mute and the joys for it.. also remove the whole point of the bandit city just for red players.. not to mention the whole valencia update and jail system mute... just play the game and enjoy it. Stop trying to change it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Shimazu said:

there is no use in what u are saying so either someone gets spawn camped or there is no pvp at all and i think both options would be bad for the game its a pvp minded game and u should get used to the fact that u might get killed 

Im making this argument as someone sitting at -430k Karma.

Killed 5 people at Calph shrine for the lolz, no camping just killing as I ran around grinding.

Got 5 kills in 30 minutes.

Now I can do nothing in the game and my only character is effectively useless.

The goal of Karma is to remove PvP, so just loving remove it.

I LOVE open world pvp, and its the largest reason I wanted to play BDO.

It is a joke of a system that trashes players for killing people who consented to going over level 50 and doing open world pvp

Karma needs removed or open world pvp needs removed.

Edited by BrokenAzs
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

nah mate ur supposed to check ur karma everytime and grind it back up that u have -430k means that you didnt have control and killed everyone u saw also people have to go above 50 to enjoy most of the game so its not fair to say they shouldnt if they dont wanna get killed

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BrokenAzs said:

Killed 5 people at Calph shrine for the lolz, no camping just killing as I ran around grinding.

It is a joke of a system that trashes players for killing people who consented to going over level 50 and doing open world pvp

The goal of karma is to prevent spawn camping probs... open pvp is easy declare war son...... also you put yourself negative like a pleb.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JayMadIV said:

not gonna happen. I'm pretty sure that this has been argued ad nauseum on the PC Version and they've refused to change it for years. if it were, it would have been done on the PC Version already.

as I understand it, the Karma system is in place in order to discourage griefing while still allowing Open World PVP.

This. If you removed karma, then less people would play due to griefing 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shimazu said:

nah mate ur supposed to check ur karma everytime and grind it back up that u have -430k means that you didnt have control and killed everyone u saw also people have to go above 50 to enjoy most of the game so its not fair to say they shouldnt if they dont wanna get killed

I was about -70k walking out of Calph shrine.

Went to farm Treants to get my belt, and I was attacked by a random player when I wasnt flagged. I killed him, because im not going to voluntarily let a gem break.

Moved to Mansha, same thing.

Moved to farm witches ring, same thing.

Moved to farm orcs, same thing.

Now I am -430k because I defended myself from players who attacked me after I was red.

I make boats and open world pvp between farming.

Now I cant make boats or feed my workers unless I spend 7+ farming karma and run away when I see a white square.

They need to remove open world pvp or remove karma.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, BrokenAzs said:

Open world pvp either needs completely removed, or karma needs completely removed.

It adds nothing, and if the goal is to protect players from getting PK'd, just remove open world pvp.

This game offers 2 forms of content, PvP and life skills.

If the intent is for PvP to only happen when both players consent, remove world pvp completely.

If the intent is to make a fun PvP game that is driven by player experience, remove karma.

Is this some kind of troll? It will forever be this way...PC has had this since beginning. This isnt a brand new game on xbox. We are going to follow what bdo has been since its release. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Hulkksmash said:

Is this some kind of troll? It will forever be this way...PC has had this since beginning. This isnt a brand new game on xbox. We are going to follow what bdo has been since its release. 

No troll at all. 

If the intent of karma is to defend players from noncensentual pvp, just remove it completely.

If the intent is a world driven by player interaction, remove karma.

The middle ground of a karma system does nothing to promote player interaction, but rather just penalizes people who want to participate in a multiplayer experience.

Edited by BrokenAzs

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, DazEmperor said:

Dont expect anything about this game to differ from the PC version. 

This isnt PC anymore, and it shouldnt be treated like it

That is how TERA ESO and other died

Edited by BrokenAzs
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BrokenAzs said:

This isnt PC anymore, and it shouldnt be treated like it

That is how TERA ESO and other died

Both were garbage anyway. No one wanted TESO. We wanted a co-op title. 

There is plenty of pvp in this game..wait for node wars and seige or do some rbf...the game has pvp and pve..to remove the karma system would make the game totally imbalanced...there are plenty of ways to get your pvp fix.

6 minutes ago, DazEmperor said:

Both were garbage anyway. No one wanted TESO. We wanted a co-op title. 

Coop elder scrolls is called dark souls or diablo.

Nonetheless, my characters trashed because world pvp isnt allowed, even those it is 1 of 2 forms of pvp content in the game. 

Remove karma or remove open world pvp.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeVoid said:

There is plenty of pvp in this game..wait for node wars and seige or do some rbf...the game has pvp and pve..to remove the karma system would make the game totally imbalanced...there are plenty of ways to get your pvp fix.

RBF isnt even fun to me. Cant join with friends, 1 map 1 game mode no strategy involved.

Multiple battlefields with objectives may make a difference, but I dont do much except farm and make boats. Took one break to enjoy pvp and now I cant do any life skills.

• Haha 1

Your character isnt trashed just go grind it off. If karma was removed you would still be out there killing random noobs. 5 people wouldnt put you -430k you had to of done more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DazEmperor said:

Your character isnt trashed just go grind it off. If karma was removed you would still be out there killing random noobs. 5 people wouldnt put you -430k you had to of done more. 

Explained how I got here above.

48 minutes ago, BrokenAzs said:

I was about -70k walking out of Calph shrine.

Went to farm Treants to get my belt, and I was attacked by a random player when I wasnt flagged. I killed him, because im not going to voluntarily let a gem break.

Moved to Mansha, same thing.

Moved to farm witches ring, same thing.

Moved to farm orcs, same thing.

Now I am -430k because I defended myself from players who attacked me after I was red.

I make boats and open world pvp between farming.

Now I cant make boats or feed my workers unless I spend 7+ farming karma and run away when I see a white square.

They need to remove open world pvp or remove karma.

Im not about to spend 5+ hours grinding and running from people to be able to life skill and continue my character progression.

They dont have a pvp server.

They dont have enough servers to allow for mildly open farm areas.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BrokenAzs said:

Guess you shouldn’t have killed people for “lolz”. 

Eh?

You did it to yourself lol you knew what would happen. Dont play if you dont like it genuinely no one would care if you just left 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WeAreLegion said:

Guess you shouldn’t have killed people for “lolz”. 

Eh?

Its a PvP game with almost no PvP content (aside from 1 map/gamemode) world pvp is going to happen.

Players who would rather world pvp, because of time or personal preference, are punished disproportionately.

Karma either needs removed or world pvp needs removed. They punish players for literally engaging with 1 of 2 types of pvp accessible to everyone post 50.

Players consent to being killed with the level 50 quest, yet karma exists? Below 50 you can fully life skill and gain CP/knowledge and gain skill exp. Dont want to open world pvp? dont finish the level 50 quest

Spawning untargetable NPC guards and forcing me into 5 to 7 hours of grinding, while driving down my karma further because Im not able to defend without penalty, and allowing gear to degrade ALL because players consented to being killed by voluntarily completing the level 50 quest?

No one will quit over being camped, they will respawn in a town or change channels

Seriously man you sound like a kid. This isn't going to change. Period. Never has is almost 8 years. You continue to get jumped because most people kill, or attempt to kill, reds on sight. You jumped people in the shrine? So you like to get people when they are busy and now you complain about the system in place to punish players like you? That's rich.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You knew the system and made the active choice to go deep red. You're the only one at fault here. Karma isnt going anywhere. You should though, bye felicia

• Like 2