Uberkull

I’m ready for some real Fishing!!

Posted (edited)

@[CM]Shirna Bring on those Imperial Traders!  My worker empire has overrun the Port, built me a Fishing Vessel, and I’m ready to Fish for profit!

C9D7B3E5-88F1-446A-840B-3695FE83931E.thumb.jpeg.4fe96d72b306f32fc1cc915cb9a06fd2.jpeg

...and Kabaam!

E77D5DA8-D992-4A8D-8C80-6B5CBF2AB1A5.thumb.jpeg.53f62c35ec3b80c57e12146265c56121.jpeg

Edited by Uberkull
  • Like 3

No Imperial Traders this patch. 

My guess? They don’t want the AFK fishing to flood the market with silver?

Not sure why my Fishing dreams of catching the ‘big one’ and making 250% profit are being held back. 😔

Not to mention that Harpooning and Hot Spots are also not in the game yet... So much silver to be had...

But yes, I also would like the lucrative fishing in the game, I always enjoy fishing on games. 

11 hours ago, Uberkull said:

That’s PC wallpapers worthy. Nice capture.

Thanks. Love being on the ocean.

7 hours ago, Tr3nch said:

On my way to Master

835319271_BlackDesert(7).jpg.f1c31b762c63a03b15fd1198b472d8fc.jpg

1018035191_BlackDesert(8).png.8ecae0558b1afc001ee89795fdfe7dfd.png

Jesus you fish a lot lol It levels so slow.

I just want Sailing, though I still need to gather supplies and do that quest for when it comes out, so hopefully they give it another week or so.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Alder said:

Jesus you fish a lot lol It levels so slow.

lol yes and no. The trick is to fish for better quality fish. Skilled 1-Pro 5 went relatively fast due to fishing blue fish. I use somethinglovely.net and turn on sea regions. It will show you the fish loot tables for each area. I picked the sea with the largest blue fish to green fish ratio and fished there. Free as many inventory slots as you can afford, 180-190 is the best, and fish until half way full. Then start deleting the green fish from your inventory and continue fishing for blues. Max your inventory and go to the nearest trade manager (hint, there are several island node managers that are traders and repairers). Sell, Repair and head back out to your spot. Make sure to have a Epheria Rod at least +5, for active fishing (I have a plus 10 with a spare) and a Balenos at +5 or +6 for any AFK fishing (These will eventually get to +10) and any Life Skill buffs (Sute Tea works well +8% Bonus, and Elixirs). At least a +2 Silver Lined Fishers Outfit. If you are in a guild that has +3 Fishing you wont need any additional foods that raise fishing level as you will be at MAX +5.  

You will burn through levels. When you hit Artisan 1, the reward XP will get you all the way to Artisan 2.  

Of course all of this would be a lot faster if Harpooning was working or if we had Hotspots, but this is what I do in the mean time.

Below is a great spot in Arsha Sea. Connect the nodes all the way up to Racid Island to maximize trade value. The Node manager on Baremi Island is both a trade
manger and repair. Arsha has the highest blue to green ratio in the current playable area. Hope this helps. 
*Note* Pay attention to that dark space between sea regions. It is like a cross over point where you could be in Arsha but catching fish from Cron Islands.

1895716739_fishinglevelspot.PNG.d33f9ca6becaed26dbba664a8e53e004.PNG

Edited by Tr3nch
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tr3nch said:

lol yes and no. The trick is to fish for better quality fish. Skilled 1-Pro 5 went relatively fast due to fishing blue fish. I use somethinglovely.net and turn on sea regions. It will show you the fish loot tables for each area. I picked the sea with the largest blue fish to green fish ratio and fished there. Free as many inventory slots as you can afford, 180-190 is the best, and fish until half way full. Then start deleting the green fish from your inventory and continue fishing for blues. Max your inventory and go to the nearest trade manager (hint, there are several island node managers that are traders and repairers). Sell, Repair and head back out to your spot. Make sure to have a Epheria Rod at least +5, for active fishing (I have a plus 10 with a spare) and a Balenos at +5 or +6 for any AFK fishing (These will eventually get to +10) and any Life Skill buffs (Sute Tea works well +8% Bonus, and Elixirs). At least a +2 Silver Lined Fishers Outfit. If you are in a guild that has +3 Fishing you wont need any additional foods that raise fishing level as you will be at MAX +5.  

You will burn through levels. When you hit Artisan 1, the reward XP will get you all the way to Artisan 2.  

Of course all of this would be a lot faster if Harpooning was working or if we had Hotspots, but this is what I do in the mean time.

Below is a great spot in Arsha Sea. Connect the nodes all the way up to Racid Island to maximize trade value. The Node manager on Baremi Island is both a trade
manger and repair. Arsha has the highest blue to green ratio in the current playable area. Hope this helps. 
*Note* Pay attention to that dark space between sea regions. It is like a cross over point where you could be in Arsha but catching fish from Cron Islands.

1895716739_fishinglevelspot.PNG.d33f9ca6becaed26dbba664a8e53e004.PNG

Dang, thanks for all the tips. I have a +8 balenos rod and +2 fishing clothes. I've been doing a lot of other stuff, so fishing has taken a back seat, but I do plan to make it my primary lifeskill to supplement my income if I don't feel like grinding. Unfortunately no guild, so gotta use food buffs :/

1 hour ago, Wiitchcraft said:

I just want Sailing, though I still need to gather supplies and do that quest for when it comes out, so hopefully they give it another week or so.

I have the supplies, will just need to do the daily. Really excited for sailing.

• Like 1

That won't be in until Margoria though right? Which won't be in until later this year, as in second half

9 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

That won't be in until Margoria though right? Which won't be in until later this year, as in second half

Correct. Great Ocean content will be with Margoria. However, there is no telling in what order the content will come with these guys..

1 hour ago, Yiazzy said:

I still feel its never to early to prepare. 😁

• Like 3

Already got artisan workers in epheria with all the resources needed. Huge waste of cp, but I want to be ready lol

• Like 1

Hit Artisan 5 Fishing this morning. 5 more to go to hit Master.  Artisan is taking forever without hot spots and harpooning. 

On 4/20/2019 at 2:52 AM, Wiitchcraft said:

Best to prepare ahead of time before the market inflation. Im not to found of gathering logs. So ive been purchasing logs on and off for a while and have a hefty some now. I assume once the sailboat hits, those prices will jump in time and disappear from the CM for a week or so. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So I decided to make a Trading/Fishing/Lifeskill guild to focus on the open seas. We are NOT PvP focused, but there will be sea battles in the future, I'm sure. 

Anyone interested, I'm online most of the time in Cal 3, character: Korpova

Guild: EastIndiaCo

https://forums.playblackdesert.com/index.php?/topic/4937-nanewpve-eastindiaco/

East-India-Companysmall.png

Edited by Tr3nch