Heaps Suss

Boss fights are unacceptable

26 minutes ago, Dredgious said:

Hmm, one MMO I played years ago...Aion I think it was called. Anywho this game had a feature where you didn't "instance" away people separate from your party but you could toggle their character off but it would leave their name tags visible. It was mainly used for the sieges which could get upwards of 150+ people per side. Could still attack, heal, or revive them even with only their name tag visible. It greatly increased fps when you would toggle the feature on. I wonder if something like that would be easier to implement than taking away player collisions. 

Yes, Aion...those sieges felt authentic. Floating nameplates. That was poor design and a hacked up fix.

Removing the visual aspect of other players being on screen to reduce your Xbox’s load on the GPU/CPU is only part of the problem here.

The netcode will still have a load on it’s processing reporting back to ‘floating nameplates’ because that player is STILL THERE.  The netcode has to report back player position, spell hit/miss, melee hit/miss, etc etc. What players are mentioning  is melee positioning issues and the ‘network’ message on screen. That’s two things, related and unrelated, It’s the netcode and the server’s lack of ability to respond in a timely manner. And of course, server load needs to be added into the equation. Server’s can’t run at 100% capacity on boss fights and also handle spikes of ‘netcode’ requests.

Sometime back I wanted to know the inner working of Netcode more and understand it’s place in gaming. This was the writeup I saved in my browser favorites. 

https://www.pcgamer.com/netcode-explained/

Well...nevermind. Patch this morning. 

I guess PA decided to go the easy route on performance tuning and allow players to turn off seeing other ‘Adventurers’.

What a bad decision for a MMO. Massive Multiplayer...yea, just hide everyone else.

In fact, now you can just turn this game into a solo experience. Hit the ‘Hide other Adventurers’ toggle and everyone is gone off your screen?  Out of sight, out of mind? What about PK? I can’t see anyone else, must not be there.

Edited by Uberkull
  • Confused 1

Quick fix to make the content playable while they work on optimizing the game further. 

100% happy. 

Edited by Undyinghero
  • Like 1

Uberkull, [Hide other Adventurers] only applies in combat zones that have more than 80 players in the area. For the most part, users will still be visible if you have that option on. It just gives users an option to help optimize the gameplay in areas such as world boss fights. As for PK, if users attack you while you have that option on, that person will become visible to you.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CM Valencia said:

Uberkull, [Hide other Adventurers] only applies in combat zones that have more than 80 players in the area. For the most part, users will still be visible if you have that option on. It just gives users an option to help optimize the gameplay in areas such as world boss fights. As for PK, if users attack you while you have that option on, that person will become visible to you.

Can we expect this update this coming Wednesday ?

(Edit: nevermind just restarted game and it's already in)

Edited by CubicVariable42

1 minute ago, CM Valencia said:

What about "red" players??? They should always be visable. I dont wanns wait until im hit to know im in pvp. That is a serious advantage to the attacker. 

I feel anyone red or flagged for pvp should be visable even before they attack

i can see this helping clear some of the clutter visually but not the lag, it would be better to stop spawns until you have servers that can cope, the lag on eu servers yesterday made the game unplayable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shadi said:

i can see this helping clear some of the clutter visually but not the lag, it would be better to stop spawns until you have servers that can cope, the lag on eu servers yesterday made the game unplayable.

100% this. This is absolutely the correct way to fix this. Pull the content and fix the root cause. 

Unfortunately, there may not be a fix for what they are trying ti achieve. This was a probelm in all the betas and it is still the same.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CM Valencia said:

I appreciate the promptness of your fixes and responses, I do.

However in this case, this fix almost feels like a ‘well, we tried everything, just have to deal with it on the client side’. Let’s be honest, the issues were there in beta with large scale battles, they are here now, and what about massive node wars? We just expected to hide everyone else?

Edited by Uberkull

11 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

I appreciate the prompness of your fixes and responses, I do.

However in this case, this fix almost feels like a ‘well, we tried everything, just have to deal with it on the client side’. Let’s be honest, the issues were there in beta with large scale battles, they are here now, and what about massive node wars? We just expected to hide everyone else?

It's a incredibly fast quick-fix introduced pretty much in one day as prompto response to community concern. They said they'll look into optimalization long-term as well. Don't be like one of those people who spit at somebody who helps them just cause they might not do so tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

It's a incredibly fast quick-fix introduced pretty much in one day as prompto response to community concern. They said they'll look into optimalization long-term as well. Don't be like one of those people who spit at somebody who helps them just cause they might not do so tomorrow.

Really? Read my first line I wrote then respond.

The proper fix is to pull the content until its ready.

Don’t be like one of those people who thinks is sunny everywhere.

Edited by Uberkull

Hopefully indication of the less crowded servers before the spawn is due will Help matters.   

12 hours ago, Uberkull said:

Err...thats a bad game design for a open world MMO. No way they do that. Never happen.

Maybe for some instanced MP game, not a MMO.

Still think it's a bad idea? LOL

21 minutes ago, Dart said:

Still think it's a bad idea? LOL

Yes, it is. Its a horrible, knee jerk reaction to a core game design issue. Just because they threw some options into settings to try and fix it client side doesn’t make it the correct solution.

And as we speak, the Boss event spawns and I’m no where close to the event. 

- THE SERVER DISCONNECTS ME TWICE IN 5 minutes. Meaning, throws me to a loading screen and drops me back on the server after ~1 minute.

So explain to me how the UI patch for optimization is fixing that? Itls not...

- Nothing like being across the map doing other things, and getting bounced off the server because some world boss is indirectly ruining my gaming experience.

”Your network cinnection is unstable”

Meaning....PA, your netcode is not good.

Edited by Uberkull

21 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Yes, it is. Its a horrible, knee jerk reaction to a core game design issue. Just because they threw some options into settings to try and fix it client side doesn’t make it the correct solution.

And as we speak, the Boss event spawns and I’m no where close to the event. 

- THE SERVER DISCONNECTS ME TWICE IN 5 minutes. Meaning, throws me to a loading screen and drops me back on the server after ~1 minute.

So explain to me how the UI patch for optimization is fixing that? Itls not...

- Nothing like being across the map doing other things, and getting bounced off the server because some world boss is indirectly ruining my gaming experience.

”Your network cinnection is unstable”

Meaning....PA, your netcode is not good.

Never had an issue here during this boss spawn. This isn't a knee jerk reaction. They're pumping out fixes and updates every week. Stop whining. Step in a great direction.

This is a feature on pc for many uears its not new. Not many people really care about seeing others during pve in a pvp game. Great job getting it on xbox. Bosses run smooth like butter now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strapz said:

It says reds are visible in notes...

Well i was attacked before boss fight when i had players off testing it. Guy attacking me didnt become visable. Fortunately i saw he was killed

38 minutes ago, Dart said:

Never had an issue here during this boss spawn. This isn't a knee jerk reaction. They're pumping out fixes and updates every week. Stop whining. Step in a great direction.

LoL. You go kid.

I didn’t have the same experience and was no where close to the boss. And i was on Mediah 2 as recommended by GMs in game.

When some lagfest boss impacts my gameplay across the map, it’s a legit concern.

46 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

This is a feature on pc for many uears its not new. Not many people really care about seeing others during pve in a pvp game. Great job getting it on xbox. Bosses run smooth like butter now

Thanks for sharing what was done on PC. Helps me understand how this game will be ‘fixed’ in the future for console.

20 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

And i was on Mediah 2 as recommended by the GMs in game.

I tried that yesterday. Server ended up being more crowded then the server i left because everyone leaves to join the recommended servers and they fill up more. Today i opted to ignore the recommendation and had a better experience

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2019 at 8:58 PM, Uberkull said:

Err...thats a bad game design for a open world MMO. No way they do that. Never happen.

Maybe for some instanced MP game, not a MMO.

Well appears we got just that,and I do say, it helped majorly with frame rates. Other then server issues the fight was very smooth. Very glad they introduced this. 

• Like 1