Uberkull

Website Signup - Make sure you are linked for Pet reward!

So I wanted to make sure I was all set for the Hawk pet on 4/3.

- I checked my Character Profile in game, looked under Character Info and pressed (Y) Link your account

- Noticed it was asking me for login credentials again. Hmmm...seems odd since I signed up in the first week

- I went to the official Xbox BD website LINK

- Tried to login with my login credentials that I made FOR THE WEBSITE, NOT THE FORUM

- Says account does not exist. What?

- Tried different login credentials to see if I used something else, no luck. All don’t exist.

Edit: Had to recreate a new Website account, and then linked it in game.

To check if your profile is linked...

1) Go to My Information in your Character Profile in game, looked under Character Info and press (Y) Link your account

If your account is linked you will see this type of screen with a Unlink option. This should mean you are linked and good to go for the Pet. (Assumptions everywhere 🤪)

CC92964C-5433-4918-BB12-E9B008261C16.thumb.jpeg.ff4353680747272ce4dac4539129f7a8.jpeg

Edited by Uberkull
  • Like 2

I'm glad I'm not the only person this happened to. This will be my third time linking my account, hopefully they can see at least one of them and toss me a free pet. If you are reading this post thinking, "I'm set, I know I already linked my account," you might want to double or triple check...

• Like 1

Hmm, when I look it says to link the acct or register, not unlink, but when I enter my information, it says the information is linked to another acct... Assuming it's mine. Am I good? Lol

1 hour ago, Rok_Klimer said:

If you are reading this post thinking, "I'm set, I know I already linked my account," you might want to double or triple check...

This. Nailed it. 

I was sure I had everything linked up. Checked again today and found I was not which is why I made this post.

My account was linked a few days ago. I check today and it wasnt. When I try and link it up again I get an error message saying its linked to another account.. anyone know how to fix that?

3 апреля 2019 года в 06:27 Обей сказал:

Мой аккаунт был связан несколько дней назад. Я проверяю сегодня, и это не было. Когда я пытаюсь связать его снова, я получаю сообщение об ошибке, в котором говорится, что он связан с другой учетной записью. Кто-нибудь знает, как это исправить?

У меня та же проблема!!!  "ваш аккаунт связан с другим аккаунтом". 

Edited by Grim

mine was linked, and made sure every few day that it was still linked.. my account was active on the official XBOX BDO website, and i even have tickets as well. however, i didn't get my pet on April 3rd..

this is probably due to an honest mistake i've done on my part. When i made that website account (pre-release) NA was selected as the region (i didn't pay attention). this could be the cause, or it can be some other thing..

i've raised couple of tickets asking them to change it (it's such a silly task to change some profile details on any given database), but all i got was "we've passed this to the appropriate department to look into", and closed the ticket.. one month later, nothing was fixed, nothing has changed, not a single follow up, and didn't get the pet..

the customer support ppl acts like robots and basically go through a protocol of answers.. "you get asked about A, you answer them with A answer".. copy/paste.. 

so, i unlinked my account in-game, created a new ID on XBOX BDO website, linked the accounts again.. i will wait and see if i'm going to get a pet at the end of it or not. 

5 hours ago, maXmood said:

mine was linked, and made sure every few day that it was still linked.. my account was active on the official XBOX BDO website, and i even have tickets as well. however, i didn't get my pet on April 3rd..

this is probably due to an honest mistake i've done on my part. When i made that website account (pre-release) NA was selected as the region (i didn't pay attention). this could be the cause, or it can be some other thing..

i've raised couple of tickets asking them to change it (it's such a silly task to change some profile details on any given database), but all i got was "we've passed this to the appropriate department to look into", and closed the ticket.. one month later, nothing was fixed, nothing has changed, not a single follow up, and didn't get the pet..

the customer support ppl acts like robots and basically go through a protocol of answers.. "you get asked about A, you answer them with A answer".. copy/paste.. 

so, i unlinked my account in-game, created a new ID on XBOX BDO website, linked the accounts again.. i will wait and see if i'm going to get a pet at the end of it or not. 

Yeah I have had issues with support too. Had mine all linked way back early march. I noticed on the website under region it is show as "other". Not sure what that means as I selected NA and I am wondering if this is why I didn't get the skyhawk. Sent tickets in for them to check the account and fix the problen, but of course only automated responses. I am sure if they don't fix the region issue I won't get it on april 17th either.  

meh this has been annoying,,,,i don't like being annoyed.

is it too hard to have the sites linked?

they shoulda given the pet to everyone.

instead of annoying people...that already paid for the bird.and have no room for another pet.

p.s. thanks for the post it was helpful.i assume everything is linked.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, habs said:

meh this has been annoying,,,,i don't like being annoyed.

is it too hard to have the sites linked?

they shoulda given the pet to everyone.

instead of annoying people...that already paid for the bird.and have no room for another pet.

p.s. thanks for the post it was helpful.i assume everything is linked.

Agreed. It was their mess. Just give it to everyone as an apology for the hassle it's caused.

Hi thanks for this post! hey im unable to get to the second stage of account creation ( email verify)
I go thru all the steps fill everything out, click all req'd boxes. Done it several times. On two different browsers. tried two different emails. 

I get down to the next step button, click it, get the notification about not being able to modify info after this step, and hit ok on that. then nothing happens, it just sits on step one as if i never hit the button. 😞

lil help?

• Sad 1

i did this last night (4/8/19) and account link was successful. I hope i made it before the deadline as i was reading it was extended for 13 days.  😳

15 hours ago, SioXie said:

i did this last night (4/8/19) and account link was successful. I hope i made it before the deadline as i was reading it was extended for 13 days.  😳

Make sure it stays linked in game. I ended up having to make a new account and unlinking the old one because it wasn't working properly. Now I logged in today to see my game just auto unlinked from my new account. If I try to link it back, it tells me the account is linked to a different account no matter what email address I put in. The old one or the new one  I've sent in multiple tickets and the last one said my account was linked, but when I go into my page on the support site, it's not linked. I mean sheesh. It's getting ridiculous. Another thing is there is no reply option, no  reference# to these tickets or a number to call. Every time you send in a ticket, you are back to square one starting all over again. Worst support I have ever dealt with.

Edited by Atreuss

On 4/6/2019 at 11:35 AM, Ualtred said:

Hi thanks for this post! hey im unable to get to the second stage of account creation ( email verify)
I go thru all the steps fill everything out, click all req'd boxes. Done it several times. On two different browsers. tried two different emails. 

I get down to the next step button, click it, get the notification about not being able to modify info after this step, and hit ok on that. then nothing happens, it just sits on step one as if i never hit the button. 😞

lil help?

Ok so i got past the 1st step by TURNING OFF my adblock! so im linked and all set, do i still get the pet at this late date? i dont see it anywhere

11 hours ago, Ualtred said:

Ok so i got past the 1st step by TURNING OFF my adblock! so im linked and all set, do i still get the pet at this late date? i dont see it anywhere

yes, you should get the pet tomorrow after maintenance..

i checked my account, and it's still linked.. hope it stays that way "fingers crossed"

2 hours ago, maXmood said:

yes, you should get the pet tomorrow after maintenance..

i checked my account, and it's still linked.. hope it stays that way "fingers crossed"

They finally sent my problem to higher support. Still haven't heard anything back from them. I doubt this will be fixed before tomorrow and don't know if I will even get the pet after they figure this linking problem out because it took them so long. I've been trying to get this resolved for some time now. 

14 minutes ago, Atreuss said:

They finally sent my problem to higher support. Still haven't heard anything back from them. I doubt this will be fixed before tomorrow and don't know if I will even get the pet after they figure this linking problem out because it took them so long. I've been trying to get this resolved for some time now. 

it's on them.. they will need to give you the pet nonetheless.. this thing has been with issues since they announced it before the game was released.

• Like 1