Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Foreverrgamer87

Island tour event

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Hmm...the ulimate ambush spots for a PvP guild? Island camping. 😇

Please note that flagging up during this wonderful excursion may (will) result in you being left in the middle of the ocean without a boat.”

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hieraphant said:

Please note that flagging up during this wonderful excursion may (will) result in you being left in the middle of the ocean without a boat.”

And that is my new favorite set of words written by the Devs...ever. ❤️

Having recently experienced my first PvP myself I loved it and have no issues, even got attacked due to being in a grind area someone else wanted. But...if an event is meant to bring the community together with the GMs and have fun, you’re damn right they should rain righteous thunder down on those who try and spoil it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hieraphant said:

Please note that flagging up during this wonderful excursion may (will) result in you being left in the middle of the ocean without a boat.”

I have a fishing boat, yet swim faster with my Fish suit.

Trust me, I have swam long, long distances back to port many times due to the horrible boat mechanics and their ability to get stuck on the smallest rock or shoreline. Unstuck in this game with a boat is ‘Wharf - Recover’.

Anywho, hope the evemt goes well. Not the lagfest I’m interested in, but hey..have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, WeAreLegion said:

. But...if an event is meant to bring the community together with the GMs and have fun, you’re damn right they should rain righteous thunder down on those who try and spoil it. 

You had this pvp discussion in another thread, but why would PvP players be ‘spoiling’ a event in a PvP game if they started PvP?

In that mass of player pixels and  10 fps, you should have enough event seekers to ward off the PvP aggressors right?

The game has Guild Wars, Node Wars, Red Battlefieds, open PK...and lifeskills. Do you see where the trend is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 You’re missing a very big point though, in this specific scenario it is an event being run by the people who maintain and effectively run the game. If you want to argue that the design of PVP necessitates everyone accepting it wether they like it or not, how do you go about arguing against what I just said when the actual “game masters“ are enforcing a “No PvP right now please” system for their event? 

If I’ve been understanding your point correctly,  it’s simply that since the developers created the game to have PVP, you need to accept that. If that’s the case then in this one specific scenario the “developers“ are saying no PVP right now.

So we have to accept it.

That’s all I’m saying right now, and it’s separate from my broader point that regardless of what the developers have intended we can play this game however we damn well please.  (Primarily due to the fact they created an extremely open and flexible sandbox game, and there’s an entire sub arguments as to what the developers real intense actually is today.) 😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, WeAreLegion said:

 You’re missing a very big point though, in this specific scenario it is an event being run by the people who maintain and effectively run the game. If you want to argue that the design of PVP necessitates everyone accepting it wether they like it or not, how do you go about arguing against what I just said when the actual “game masters“ are enforcing a “No PvP right now please” system for their event? 

If I’ve been understanding your point correctly,  it’s simply that since the developers created the game to have PVP, you need to accept that. If that’s the case then in this one specific scenario the “developers“ are saying no PVP right now.

So we have to accept it.

That’s all I’m saying right now, and it’s separate from my broader point that regardless of what the developers have intended we can play this game however we damn well please.  (Primarily due to the fact they created an extremely open and flexible sandbox game, and there’s an entire sub arguments as to what the developers real intense actually is today.) 😇

Like Sea of Thieves and thier ‘Pirate Code’.

“Please be nice to each other and respect each other. But our game is meant to have you steal ofher players chests, kill others on sight,  and sink hours of your treasure hunting time in minutes...but please be nice.”

Yea, Pirate Code isn’t working over there and that game is much more softcore then this PvP.

Here, ‘Developers’ aren’t saying lay off PvP during this event, GMs are asking. Developers know what they made this game for, else Developers would give GMs the ‘button’ to shutdown PvP on particular servers where timed events are. The functionality is there for the World Bosses...so yea.

 

Listen, it’s great that there are GM events. Awesome ideas. Just don’t be surprised if you get some players wanting to the ‘play the game’ as intended.

Edited by Uberkull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uberkull said:

Listen, it’s great that there are GM events. Awesome ideas. Just don’t be surprised if you get some players wanting to the ‘play the game’ as intended.

And that’s where we disagree. Unless you can find a direct mission statement from the developers that states this is a PvP intended game, that they not only expect but condone players forcing combat onto others without their consent...I believe that no one can state what the “intended” way to play is. 

Not even PA. 

And by your logic, that since they have not made a “stop PvP button” it means that PvP is the true way to play...your same logic dictates that since there is a karma system, and safe zones, and specific situations where PvP is disabled...PvP is not the “intended” way to play. 

My finally point in this: what does it matter? How does it affect your ability to play or enjoy the game if a large portion of the community is against PvP? (For clarity I’m not, but I’m not a cheerleader for it either)

Who cares how anyone else plays the game? Play the way you want to and let them play the way they want to. That’s the philosophy I go by. If someone wants to attack me, fine.  I might fight, back I might not...and I’ll probably still spend months of my total game time, when all is said and done, completely doing nothing but crafting, roleplaying, exploring, and player versus environmental affairs. Who is getting hurt if others are playing the game the way that you believe it should be played?

Oh and by the way...good debate man!  👍🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WeAreLegion said:

And that’s where we disagree. Unless you can find a direct mission statement from the developers that states this is a PvP intended game, that they not only expect but condone players forcing combat onto others without their consent...I believe that no one can state what the “intended” way to play is. 

Not even PA. 

And by your logic, that since they have not made a “stop PvP button” it means that PvP is the true way to play...your same logic dictates that since there is a karma system, and safe zones, and specific situations where PvP is disabled...PvP is not the “intended” way to play. 

My finally point in this: what does it matter? How does it affect your ability to play or enjoy the game if a large portion of the community is against PvP? (For clarity I’m not, but I’m not a cheerleader for it either)

Who cares how anyone else plays the game? Play the way you want to and let them play the way they want to. That’s the philosophy I go by. If someone wants to attack me, fine.  I might fight, back I might not...and I’ll probably still spend months of my total game time, when all is said and done, completely doing nothing but crafting, roleplaying, exploring, and player versus environmental affairs. Who is getting hurt if others are playing the game the way that you believe it should be played?

Oh and by the way...good debate man!  👍🏼

I believe you had this same debate with @Nightingale. I could dig up the Korean Devs articles where they stated what the intent of the core game is. Obviously they aren’t going to leave out PvE content, but they did not want to make anotjer them park MMO.

Anyways...enjoy the hunt for Hexe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hulkksmash said:

I and my guild will be camping out. Have fun pve'ers ... :ph34r:

Enjoy the swim. Hope the water is warm

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hieraphant said:

Enjoy the swim. Hope the water is warm

We'll take down as many as we can before that happens ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uberkull said:

Listen, it’s great that there are GM events. Awesome ideas. Just don’t be surprised if you get some players wanting to the ‘play the game’ as intended.

Grinding 1-49 = PvE

World Bosses = PvE

Grinding XP from Mobs after 50 = PvE

Grinding Silver = PvE

Quest = PvE

 

Oh yes , we get to kill each other = PvP

Node Wars = PvP

 

Maybe the game isn’t “Just” a “PVP GAME”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mefit said:

Grinding 1-49 = PvE

World Bosses = PvE

Grinding XP from Mobs after 50 = PvE

Grinding Silver = PvE

Quest = PvE

 

Oh yes , we get to kill each other = PvP

Node Wars = PvP

 

Maybe the game isn’t “Just” a “PVP GAME”

PVE

- Grinding mobs isn’t pve content. It’s a $$ making game mechanic for Korean Internet Cafes. Per hour cafes.

- World Boss that sits there with no required strategy and lets you shoot him with no skill req. Hardly content.

- Questing with no real purpose or cohesive story. Ok...sure...pve

No Dungeons, no raids, no organized PvE group content. It’s a solo game for PvE, face it.

PvP

- Guild wars,

- Node wars,

- Red Battlefield,

- World PK,

and the devs themselves have said it’s a PvP focused end game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

PVE

- Grinding mobs isn’t pve content. It’s a $$ making game mechanic for Korean Internet Cafes. Per hour cafes.

- World Boss that sits there with no required strategy and lets you shoot him with no skill req. Hardly content.

- Questing with no real purpose or cohesive story. Ok...sure...pve

No Dungeons, no raids, no organized PvE group content. It’s a solo game for PvE, face it.

PvP

- Guild wars,

- Node wars,

- Red Battlefield,

- World PK,

and the devs themselves have said it’s a PvP focused end game.

PvE is defined by grinding NPC enemies/monsters 

No matter how you twist it , a majority of this game is PvE .

PvE = Player Vs Enemy , expanded to quest and grinding and bosses .

with the ability to PvP .

PvP is Player VS Player ....

 

Can you link the Devs saying this is a PvP focused game ?

Edited by Mefit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mefit said:

PvE is defined by grinding NPC enemies/monsters 

No matter how you twist it , a majority of this game is PvE .

PvE = Player Vs Enemy , expanded to quest and grinding and bosses .

with the ability to PvP .

PvP is Player VS Player ....

 

Can you link the Devs saying this is a PvP focused game ?

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/1282

Node/Conquest Wars are the end content of combat in Black Desert Online. 

Actually quite interesting read to see how much is wrong on the PvE side of progression because so much focus is on PvP and balnce of classes for...yup...PvP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a waste of time and effort. GM's just took off after game crashes and lag. I ended up drowned at sea after one such crash. GM's ignored everyone and pushed on with the select few that didn't lag out. They either need to sort out server stability and start letting everyone into the events or I foresee players leaving due to not being able to participate in events. GM events are possibly hurting the game more in terms of player base than they are helping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm quite biased as I spent the whole time (~2h15mins) actively trying to finish the event, and wasn't able to through lags and bugs.

To be fair: the GMs' effort seemed pretty good overall, but the idea and setup I think were horrible. The start was a complete lagfest and I kept getting stuck underwater with 5fps. Then after being tp'd and going to the Red NPC turned out my quest was bugged (the quest was accepted and clearly saying I need to talk to the next gm, but the Red GM was saying I need to 'talk to another gm to participate'). Afterwards I didn't make it into the round of teleports and had to wait for the pickup rounds, visit all the islands without being able to talk to the NPCs, then tried to forfeit and re-accept the quest but at that point no new tours were made from Velia. 

To sum up: I really wish I got my time back, and will know to stay clear of any events in the future. But again, to be fair, the effort was there, I just think the idea was very flawed.

Edited by Fofonello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly the event ran amazing on C-3 NA tonight!  Mechanically speaking. 

No lag, a ton of people on the boats, smooth sailing, and I got my medal. Reward was in mail minutes after finish. 

Only real issue was that the GMs didn’t have a way to identify which boat was theirs so many people, myself included at first, got on fake boats and well...wasted time. 😝

F0F08E95-1285-4207-9814-51AD7C520059.png

3FF96D74-A0DA-4BD0-A931-0DDDAA7412DF.png

7C679154-8EE5-4B43-A1B8-D0A5FC87231D.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@WeAreLegion Of course you did. Rainbows and Unicorns. 

When others did NOT have a good experience and there has been consistent issues with fps and lag at these organized events since beta, it doesn’t mean you have to post your sunshine bs each time.

Let players share their negative experience feedback so hat the game can become better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

@WeAreLegion Of course you did. Rainbows and Unicorns. 

When others did NOT have a good experience and there has been consistent issues with fps and lag at these organized events since beta, it doesn’t mean you have to post your sunshine bs each time.

Let players share their negative experience feedback so hat the game can become better.

So I should not share any positive feedback? And if you actually read all my posts you would know I do provide feedback...I just don’t have to be overly emotional about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...