Sign in to follow this  
Uberkull

Server population - A month after launch

1 hour ago, Nightingale said:

No, all servers have the same capacity. Did they do some behind the scenes tweaks? - plausible

Someone said there was a server capacity increase because of the Mediah release? Think that’s the reason we don’t see the crowded status now?

18 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Someone said there was a server capacity increase because of the Mediah release? Think that’s the reason we don’t see the crowded status now?

yes that is true, they added more channels but not say 1,000 - 2,000 active allowed per channel increase. from what I've understood. 

3 hours ago, Orisha said:

I don't think pvp is the main reason why player are leaving , I never flag on anyone but I love when they flag on me !!

1- the drop rate is too low worse then anthem lol , its taking people 400+ energies to get a single hard/shard

2- the  enhancement rng still sucks . 47fs still no duo

3-big pay to win elements

I was reading the Xbox  store review and it seems this three topic are most common .  I don't know how many players still playing the game but the population DID DROP BIG TIME.

console players are never been know to be fan of mmo games , I mean we never have them only two or three a most. so if PA want to keep a big healthy population they will have to change thing around pc  and console player are way different.   

note: bless unleash is coming out sometime this year and by the look of it , seem its going to be good/ more pve oriented ,dungeon etc..  , so if round8 studios don't fush up like on pc PA is going to have to step up and fix all this issues or most console players will leave

now don't get toxic on me people is just an opinion

Drop rate is fine, do you want a witch earring to drop every 5 mins? Everyone is different wish i could get 40 something stacks been having good luck. I have 101 energy and i get atleast 2 shards daily maybe more with alt energy. Just for fun i had some cron stones attempted tr yuria at 7 stacks and it went. I laughed but thats good ole rng it is what it is. I think alot of people didnt research this game all the info about the game is available. Do people really just buy games and not search, YouTube stuff??? 

Edited by Bnews757

3 hours ago, Daventry said:

This is my guess. There is so much going on that it will not appeal to everyone even the fantasy mmo crowd.

47 fs no duo ? Calling B's on that. It is bad but c'mon man, I got duo grunil chest on a 19.

you can call it whatever you want my dude, I can screenshot that sucker ,

I got 40fs on my main trying duo heve shoes and 27fs on a alt going for pri gloves.

Less people means even more enemies to grind and more loot I’m fine with people leaving cause I’m staying . Can’t waste 100$ and 3 months of value pack for nothing 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xcidis said:

Less people means even more enemies to grind and more loot I’m fine with people leaving cause I’m staying . Can’t waste 100$ and 3 months of value pack for nothing 

Yup im fine with it too bdo will always have its core base from pc and the new ones that will stay

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bnews757 said:

Drop rate is fine, do you want a witch earring to drop every 5 mins? Everyone is different wish i could get 40 something stacks been having good luck. I have 101 energy and i get atleast 2 shards daily maybe more with alt energy. Just for fun i had some cron stones attempted tr yuria at 7 stacks and it went. I laughed but thats good ole rng it is what it is. I think alot of people didnt research this game all the info about the game is available. Do people really just buy games and not search, YouTube stuff??? 

listen man I'm just you telling you facts , thing that peoples are experiencing and talking about , if you okay with the  game and how is managed that all you my dude is your money after all

but don't tell me that drop rate is fine, its talking players 3 full hours to get a single earing drop. just to blew it after on a pri try, that's just sad..

i personal think that most console player will leave as soon as something similar come to marker, or they will just be casual playing or coming in and out of the game.

pc players will stay no matter what , i mean they you left a 3 year progress on bdo to start the same game all over again , i mean if you want to start over, all you have to do is make a new character or a new account lol

look at  black desert on Xbox review and will see what im talking about. is a fun game!, pvp i really don't care ,i mean u flag me i fight you end of it, but just try to make people time a little bit more rewarding.

• Like 1

my only real issue with this game thus far, is that the Enhancement process is agonizingly frustrating. dat rng is terribad.

But for me, that doesn't outweigh the ridiculously fun combat(best in the MMORPG Genre, hands down), beautiful graphics, complex yet interesting non-combat systems, and everything else that makes BDX fun.

otherwise, I am really enjoying the game, even with the forced PVP, and I'm roughly 70% Carebear and 30% PVPer.

my only frustration with PVP in this game so far is likely due to me being undergeared compared to everyone I fight.

Edited by JayMadIV

1 minute ago, Orisha said:

listen man I'm just you telling you facts , thing that peoples are experiencing and talking about , if you okay with the  game and how is managed that all you my dude is your money after all

but don't tell me that drop rate is fine, its talking players 3 full hours to get a single earing drop. just to blew it after on a pri try, that's just sad..

i personal think that most console player will leave as soon as something similar come to marker, or they will just be casual playing or coming in and out of the game.

pc players will stay no matter what , i mean they you left a 3 year progress on bdo to start the same game all over again , i mean if you want to start over, all you have to do is make a new character or a new account lol

look at  black desert on Xbox review and will see what im talking about. is a fun game!, pvp i really don't care ,i mean u flag me i fight you end of it, but just try to make people time a little bit more rewarding.

Drop rate is fine you just want everything handed to you, maybe this just isnt the game for you. Who cares about reviews a bunch of salty kids that probably got pked boo hoo. There is nothing that will come on xbox as close to bdo so good luck waiting. Sadly to say looks and runs better on my xbox than my pc haha plus i love sitting on my couch or laying down while gathering

There are some crazy mechanics that the typical console game just won't enjoy.  I'm a PC convert so I'm loving it.  I also suspect that they were probably very conservative with the server numbers when it first released.  Now that they have more data they may be loosening up on what is considered "crowded".

On 4/1/2019 at 6:28 PM, Xcidis said:

I wanted to point out the Marketplace has slowed to a crawl when it comes to Whales selling Pearl Shop items. And I’m seeing less and less Grunil and Heves.

Had a bid for the new Crow pet for 2 days, not one Whale is posting them? 

If the Marketplace dies out...this game won’t be far behind. May not be anytime soon, but we need a active MP.

• Haha 1

I'm surprised it took a whole month for whales to realize that the dollar to silver ratio is not worth the initial investment. You're spending $30 bucks to sell an armor set and basically making like 25-27m. So you're basically spending $1.50 or so per million silver. 

Not worth it when you can grind 10m silver or more in an hour. 

3 minutes ago, Shanath said:

I'm surprised it took a whole month for whales to realize that the dollar to silver ratio is not worth the initial investment. You're spending $30 bucks to sell an armor set and basically making like 25-27m. So you're basically spending $1.50 or so per million silver. 

Not worth it when you can grind 10m silver or more in an hour. 

Ah...good point. So now...we will see how many Xbox players soon realize how expensive this game can become once they have to go to the Pearl Shop and spend real $$.

You may not notice with one character..but once you roll another and realize how much stuff is character bound, enjoy rebuying the same **** for your new class.

Edited by Uberkull

I stopped playing after mediah released I came back as soon as I saw the 4 classes where finally coming out. I hoped back on 2 days before the class update. To see that every server wasn't crowded & was like um OK this game died quickly. I was thinking maybe they increased the server population while I was gone but I have no idea truthfully. 

I see the game crowded now because everyone is playing the new classes but pretty sure the game will die down like it did until the next major content release. I mean I plan on sticking around this time even spent 30 dollars for a outfit for the Dragon Knight & renewed my gold membership (well got it extended lol). Also joined a guild as well. 

Anyway my only issue with the game is that it's to RNG based when it comes to upgrading gear. Other then that I absolutely love the game.

But eh I find it hard to believe the game is dyeing the game has amazing graphics, gameplay, & loads to do. My guess is just going to assume it's only going to be crowded/active during major content updates. 

Edited by exiledcourtney99
added stuff to my post

2 hours ago, Uberkull said:

I wanted to point out the Marketplace has slowed to a crawl when it comes to Whales selling Pearl Shop items. And I’m seeing less and less Grunil and Heves.

Had a bid for the new Crow pet for 2 days, not one Whale is posting them? 

If the Marketplace dies out...this game won’t be far behind. May not be anytime soon, but we need a active MP.

yeah your correct I’ve notice less things on the market and it’s really slowing the pace down for higher level players with silver to spend 

Edited by Xcidis

People figured out you cant breed the crow with anything else and they wont get more then a few chances to even see a second.

I got one for looks later and went back to buying penguins non stop. 2 since crow was.out.

Grunil drops low rate in the wild and people cant farm pig skins for cheap ones. I instant sell every one my workshops make max price for almost no effort but some workers in mines.

13 minutes ago, Doktar said:

People figured out you cant breed the crow with anything else and they wont get more then a few chances to even see a second.

I got one for looks later and went back to buying penguins non stop. 2 since crow was.out.

Grunil drops low rate in the wild and people cant farm pig skins for cheap ones. I instant sell every one my workshops make max price for almost no effort but some workers in mines.

PC marketplace is more active. Maybe it’s just early, but kinda a stopping point for those that want to use the MP for profits.

Grunils should be a hot item, but little supply. You can Amity it through npc and make 4 times the amount you pay on MP.

I been selling 20 helmets a day intant max bid.

People still converting the 13 quest ones.

Workshop super cheap.

15 hours ago, Doktar said:

I found that the black crystals aren't worth wasting on Grunil, they don't sell for enough. I think they're better served making grade 3 reform stones. Better money. 

On 4/5/2019 at 7:17 PM, Uberkull said:

Ah...good point. So now...we will see how many Xbox players soon realize how expensive this game can become once they have to go to the Pearl Shop and spend real $$.

You may not notice with one character..but once you roll another and realize how much stuff is character bound, enjoy rebuying the same **** for your new class.

Character bound? Weapons. Just, weapons. That's no big deal, and does not raise the cash demand of playing it (Which is non-existent btw). 

As for all of you saying that the $10/£8 players will all be casuals and flit in and out, I'm one of those, and I've been playing since it released. No intentions on stopping anytime soon. Stop spouting such nonsense 😂

55 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

Character bound? Weapons. Just, weapons. That's no big deal, and does not raise the cash demand of playing it (Which is non-existent btw). 

As for all of you saying that the $10/£8 players will all be casuals and flit in and out, I'm one of those, and I've been playing since it released. No intentions on stopping anytime soon. Stop spouting such nonsense 😂

Oh...so the costume you bought for your Wizard can be used on you ur Striker? Yea...NO. Oh, that underwear...which all looks the same...can be swapped between classes? Yea...NO.

That +16 Inventory slot upgrade can be shared between classes? Yea...NO. 

Need I go on?

3 hours ago, Uberkull said:

Oh...so the costume you bought for your Wizard can be used on you ur Striker? Yea...NO. Oh, that underwear...which all looks the same...can be swapped between classes? Yea...NO.

That +16 Inventory slot upgrade can be shared between classes? Yea...NO. 

Need I go on?

Convenience and non-necessary vanity items. Nobody "needs" them. But yes, do go on. 

18 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

Convenience and non-necessary vanity items. Nobody "needs" them. But yes, do go on. 

Oh...another one of those players. i never used the Pearl Shop.

If you say you don’t need a pet....you are bs. If you say you are ok with looking plain and like everyone else cause you never wil buy a outfit or costume..ok, sure. Even if you invest in a Value Pack...thats Pearl Shop.

I love these people who hardcore the game and say Pearl Shop is not necessary. Please.