Ungodlyomen

Heads Up to Devs/GMs

4 minutes ago, FamilyKraythas said:

assuming the Eu reviews are seprate from US i see 3.5 out of 5 with 47% of the reveiws 5star makes this the same as all the other mmo ports

The 1st page of reviews only has one bad review because of the preorder packs, 1 review is whine about being ganked, a 2 star honest review that pvp isnt for them then 7 reviews 4 and 5 stars. Thats not bad for 1st page of reviews, not many people will look beyond that. 

Any MMO port should be just that, the PC version made to work on the console.

Reviews like this remind me of looking at movie reviews lol. If your review is 1 word...ignored. 1 sentence...ignored. put some substance behind it. If u give something a 1-2 star please explain what exactly made the game or experience bad. Most of the time is a personal issue and many people can overlook that review because it doesnt apply to them.

I got ganked.....leaves1 star review with no context behind it..... is not a proper representation of the actual game

I like some parts of the game it's the pvp forced on us if we want to Lv past 49, give us an option to leave it off or give us a pve server and you will see more people playing the game.  This isn't PC so if they aren't going to change it I hope it keeps going down in numbers for not listening to community feedback. 

7 minutes ago, Deathz Angel said:

I like some parts of the game it's the pvp forced on us if we want to Lv past 49, give us an option to leave it off or give us a pve server and you will see more people playing the game.  This isn't PC so if they aren't going to change it I hope it keeps going down in numbers for not listening to community feedback. 

Go try tera and see how bad of an idea selective pvp is. Oh ill just turn it off and grind and mess with you and u cant do anything. It becomes simply a pve game because u can just turn off pvp and safely grind and gear and level.

Leads to congested areas and no competition. 

18 minutes ago, Deathz Angel said:

They wont but if they did make pve server i would just grind over people and they couldnt do nothing haha

Grinding over people happens in other games too. Cant grief in wow if it's not a pvp server.

If they did do a pve server, they should triple mob hp and remove the penalty for loot when grouping.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doktar said:

Grinding over people happens in other games too. Cant grief in wow if it's not a pvp server.

If they did do a pve server, they should triple mob hp and remove the penalty for loot when grouping.

Well too bad it wont happen no point in going on about dead topic

10 hours ago, Uberkull said:

Proof ppl are wanting to play this game so bad?

Servers are no longer ‘crowded’ less than 1 month in and this thread talks about mixed reviews that potential customers actually use to buy games.

I don’t know...hope it does well in the long run.

Not to offend, but the reason servers are not listed as “crowded” is simply because they increased server capacity, due to larger map, therefore higher population can be stored on each server. Has little to due with people leaving, more to do with, game size increasing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Reidun said:

Not to offend, but the reason servers are not listed as “crowded” is simply because they increased server capacity, due to larger map, therefore higher population can be stored on each server. Has little to due with people leaving, more to do with, game size increasing.

And finally someone posts what I’m actually thinking is going on. The game has literally been out for a few weeks, people are discovering it daily, and even the most Trainwreck of launches have never seen population drops happen this quickly. 

I think it’s pretty sketchy for some people to try and fabricate a “a mass exodus“ of players to further their own agenda.

Just now, WeAreLegion said:

and even the most Trainwreck of launches have never seen population drops happen this quickly. 

Let me direct your attention to final fantasy 14 online, not the remake but the origional. If that wont do it for you and u need something recent look up Bless Online.

4 minutes ago, Hieraphant said:

Let me direct your attention to final fantasy 14 online, not the remake but the origional. If that wont do it for you and u need something recent look up Bless Online.

Fair enough, but also fair is the fact that those are extremely bad launches. LOL also just proves my point since this launch has not been bad by any stretch of the imagination. Yes individuals have experienced major issues but on the whole the player base is having an extremely smooth go of it. 

In addition at least final fantasy 14, not sure about the other one, had major advertisement campaign’s and a huge amount of reviews drawing and lots more people that Black Desert has so far.

2 minutes ago, WeAreLegion said:

Fair enough, but also fair is the fact that those are extremely bad launches. LOL also just proves my point since this launch has not been bad by any stretch of the imagination. Yes individuals have experienced major issues but on the whole the player base is having an extremely smooth go of it. 

In addition at least final fantasy 14, not sure about the other one, had major advertisement campaign’s and a huge amount of reviews drawing and lots more people that Black Desert has so far.

In the last 20 years of online games ive been through more then my fair share of garbage. This launch is not bad. Yeah a few flaws and tweaks but its to be expected. The real fact as ive stated before is people want the game to be something its not. Its a korean mmo. Its a grind fest. Its a pvp orientated game. Its a sandbox. Most of these concepts dont jive well with the standard NA/EU playerbase who like to be spoon fed everything in a safe and friendly environment. Hello kitty online is still a thing ppl. For those who are tired of the status quo and want a challenge will enjoy this.

This is like people wanting an easy mode in dark souls or never tried to beat contra without the cheat code. 

Its not about saying get gud. Its about saying this us our style of game, adapt or move on. Dont bring the game down with bad reviews because its not your WoW replacement

35 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Well too bad it wont happen no point in going on about dead topic

Glad your opinion is more valid then mine.

Will see how a different console handles a different player base. 

Not the topic at hand, so dropping it.

12 hours ago, Bnews757 said:

Population falling off what a joke lol. Population is very strong.Crying cause you dont get a nice drop every mob what a joke. Pvp focused game and after reading sounds like you choose the wrong game my friend

It has definitely dropped since release.  Much fewer ‘crowded’ servers during the week.  A looong time ago a game called Everquest realized that showing server populations was a bad idea as you can infer the health of a game by it, so they removed that feature. I was surprised to see BDO doing it when I first saw ‘Crowded’. 

And here is the raw deal: XBL PvPers have many many better pvp games to choose from on XBL. Most peeps downloading this game are starving for an mmorpg, not pvp.  The forced pvp is an issue, despite all of us full well knowing that was in the game. I experienced my first two ganks a few nights ago, I was dead in 1 second each time. That’s not ‘gud’ pvp. They lost Karma, sure, but I lost my desire to play. It is what it is. I’ll log back in sometime, I’m sure. After all, I spent $100 on preorder. But for those who spent $10 and got ganked, why stay?  

Fwiw, I dug pvp in DAoC, SWG, WoW, GW2, and ESO and of course in Shooters.  I’m not anti pvp at all. In fact, I’ve had a LOT of fun pvping elsewhere, just not BDO. 

Edited by Hardcore
FWIW
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hardcore said:

It has definitely dropped since release.  Much fewer ‘crowded’ servers during the week.  A looong time ago a game called Everquest realized that showing server populations was a bad idea as you can infer the health of a game by it, so they removed that feature. I was surprised to see BDO doing it when I first saw ‘Crowded’. 

And here is the raw deal: XBL PvPers have many many better pvp games to choose from on XBL. Most peeps downloading this game are starving for an mmorpg, not pvp.  The forced pvp is an issue, despite all of us full well knowing that was in the game. I experienced my first two ganks a few nights ago, I was dead in 1 second each time. That’s not ‘gud’ pvp. They lost Karma, sure, but I lost my desire to play. It is what it is. I’ll log back in sometime, I’m sure. After all, I spent $100 on preorder. But for those who spent $10 and got ganked, why stay?  

You got killed in one sec cause your gear is garabage what did you expect lol. Most that leave just want a reason to leave which is fine but the population will stay at good state. What are those better pvp games? Haha. If you cant handle getting ganked this aint the game for you.

Edited by Bnews757

Just now, Bnews757 said:

You got killed in one sec cause your gear is garabage what did you expect lol. Most that leave just want a reason to leave which is fine but the population will stay at good state. What are those better pvp games? Haha

Fortnight, straight up. Or PUBG if you are in that crowd. Whether or not you dig shooters, the pvp is superb. And sure, duh my gear was crap AND I didn’t have any weapons drawn, super easy kill. Nonetheless, and this red dude Famous was slaughtering blues on the road back from Karza,  wasn’t just me, but in any case it just wasn’t fun, cool, or worth my time.  IMO. 

The MMORPG part of BDO is promising, but the pvp is poorly implemented IMO for PVE soloers. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore said:

Fortnight, straight up. Or PUBG if you are in that crowd. Whether or not you dig shooters, the pvp is superb. And sure, duh my gear was crap AND I didn’t have any weapons drawn, super easy kill. Nonetheless, and this red dude Famous was slaughtering blues on the road back from Karza,  wasn’t just me, but in any case it just wasn’t fun, cool, or worth my time.  IMO. 

The MMORPG part of BDO is promising, but the pvp is poorly implemented IMO for PVE soloers. 

Fornite, pubg yuck ok going to cut trees lol

3 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Fornite, pubg yuck ok going to cut trees lol

Cut trees and process them in BDO or cut trees and build stuff in FN?  (I don’t play pubg, so not sure if there a desructible trees there). Was that serious or a burn attempt? ;)

13 hours ago, Ungodlyomen said:

You guys really need to read the reviews on xbox live. This is not PC com. munity and should not be treated as such. The population is already falling off due to pay to win and forced pvp. You guys might wanta address these issues asap or this game will not be very successful on xbox one. I personally love the game but there are a number of issues. 

#1 Toxic Community - this is a easy Fix turn off chat. However that doesn't stop anyone from spawn camping or quest camping.

#2 Pay to win - The game is clearly pay to win. Buy costumes sell costumes buy power. Theres no argument there

#3 Horrible drop rates - .05% to get a asula ring/earring? Have guildys that have been farming for weeks and still no luck.

#4 Stacking failstacks - This is the worse mechanic I've ever seen in a mmo. Going for a tri? 24.5% with 44 stacks. Yeah why? If you grind out the mats a chance shouldn't even factor.

#5 Amity system - This system is horrible and very unfun.

These are the top issues I hear constantly about the game. Bdo companion can help a lot but It also points out % of chances and Xbox players are not patient enough for the system. I came from Pc years ago. Just read the reviews. I don't want  to see this game fail on xbox one. I love the game and understand the mechanics. I'm okay with knowing its designed to wreck you. I'm okay with the pay to win features. I do believe for this game to be successful on xbox these things will have to adjust to the xbox community or this game will infact be come Empty Desert.

Haha obviously a console gamer. Should have learned more about bdo then. This us how its been for years. Console gamers need to stop being special snowflakes and grow some thicker skin.    

This is a pvp game at it's core. that's why all of the end game mechanics focus on the player vs player aspect and the balancing comes from the player vs player aspect. if you want a pve game there's plenty of pve games out there. Don't try to make it a pve game. my .02

Edited by Reinforever

10 hours ago, WeAreLegion said:

And finally someone posts what I’m actually thinking is going on. The game has literally been out for a few weeks, people are discovering it daily, and even the most Trainwreck of launches have never seen population drops happen this quickly. 

I think it’s pretty sketchy for some people to try and fabricate a “a mass exodus“ of players to further their own agenda.

Better watch what you are saying there ‘role player’. Don’t say things you can’t back up.

10 hours ago, Reidun said:

Well, if you browsed the forum, you would see I posted the question to the players here.

16 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Better watch what you are saying there ‘role player’. Don’t say things you can’t back up.

Unsure what the threat is for...not necessary at all. Bad form man. 

15 minutes ago, WeAreLegion said:

Unsure what the threat is for...not necessary at all. Bad form man. 

Maybe read what you post before you push Submit.

It’s not pay to win I made over 50 million silver in one day just grinding and selling items that drop already enhanced like + 12 steel daggers it’s all based on if you want to put the effort in . 

• Like 1