Sign in to follow this  
BrokenAzs

Sharps/Hards

So, just to clarify, the ONLY two ways to get sharps/hards are gathering and buying them on the central market?

Is there any others ways currently in game that I am missing?

The reason I ask;

I just spent all the silver I earned over the weekend on Witch Earrings. Come to find out they have not turned on the ability to process accessories for sharps/hards yet.

Edited by BrokenAzs

The Three Blacksmiths quest

Knowledge Battle With Haley quest

lifeskill quests level 30, 34, 37, 40, 44, 47 and 50

4 minutes ago, DTG said:

Where do I find said quests? Im professional 8 processing, and have no idea what or where these lifeskill quests are that you speak of

Yeah BDO database has screwed me over 2 times already.

With melting Witch Rings and with crafting ultimate stones.

Also many quests arent in the game yet. Do we know FOR SURE which of these quests are and arent in the game before I spend time to attempt them?

Been fisted out of a lot of time, and the lack of xbox specific information is making me punch orphans atm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DTG said:

Yeah, I did most of the gathering and processing ones. 

I have no reason to disbelieve you, but I dont even want to attempt these because I feel like it will just be another avenue PA didnt finish before the port in...

Im just really frustrated that I spent all the money I earned over the weekend and then find out they still havent finished enough of the game to make it possible to progress without professional+ gathering..

I have about 2 hours a day to play, and most of my time is spent looking at a processing bar while standing next to the Port Epheria storage..

49 minutes ago, DTG said:

Yeah, I did most of the gathering and processing ones. 

Do you have to do these quest in any particular order? Im prof 10 in gathering and the last one i completed was the sheep blood and right after that get some ore. After that i had no i idea where the next shard quest was.

7 hours ago, BrokenAzs said:

I have no reason to disbelieve you, but I dont even want to attempt these because I feel like it will just be another avenue PA didnt finish before the port in...

Im just really frustrated that I spent all the money I earned over the weekend and then find out they still havent finished enough of the game to make it possible to progress without professional+ gathering..

I have about 2 hours a day to play, and most of my time is spent looking at a processing bar while standing next to the Port Epheria storage..

Put them back on the market, you'll get your money back

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

Put them back on the market, you'll get your money back

And get waxed by taxes? Lol no thanks. 

They could probably just finish their game. Im really tired of playing a pre-release

4 minutes ago, BrokenAzs said:

And get waxed by taxes? Lol no thanks. 

They could probably just finish their game. Im really tired of playing a pre-release

I find this perspective particularly interesting, no offense to the original poster. What’s interesting though is that the vast majority of players on the Xbox have never played Black Desert , did not come from the PC, and I’m sure most of them don’t even frequent forms like this. To them there is no “missing content”, they are blissfully ignorant of any advances that are coming down the pipe and to them the game is great!

Kind of fascinating how having knowledge can change your perspective on a given situation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PC apparently has 3 years of updates, while we have vanilla :) I don't think you will get what you want for a very very very long time 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DTG said:

So the likeskill quest that reward sharps and hards are confirmed in game?

44 minutes ago, WeAreLegion said:

I find this perspective particularly interesting, no offense to the original poster. What’s interesting though is that the vast majority of players on the Xbox have never played Black Desert , did not come from the PC, and I’m sure most of them don’t even frequent forms like this. To them there is no “missing content”, they are blissfully ignorant of any advances that are coming down the pipe and to them the game is great!

Kind of fascinating how having knowledge can change your perspective on a given situation. 

I never played BDO on a PC. I spent hours and hours watching guides to figure out how to play.

It has nothing to do with classes missing, or awakening, or even having the other continents. It has everything to do with releasing an unfinished/unpolished game..

BDO IS very unique among xbox games, but being the only option for players who enjoy a pvp/grind MMOs, shouldnt come at the price of slow rolling content and intentionally handicapping new players by not releasing avenues of progression.

Idk about PC or PS4 titles, but Xbox has a really major problem with developers rushing production and releasing unfinished content so they can have an active item shop...

I was super hopeful for BDO launch, but they are rolling "new" content without fixing or finishing the existing content.

They didnt even remove the text on how to make an Ultimate Reform stone, but they did remove the ability to make them. It is these paths, just like processing accessories that every guide on sharps/hards talks about, that cause me frustration. 

14 minutes ago, Dredgious said:

So the likeskill quest that reward sharps and hards are confirmed in game?

The other guy said it was. I havent had the chance to get on and test yet.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BrokenAzs said:

The other guy said it was. I havent had the chance to get on and test yet.

Alright I'm on now, suppose I'll go do some testing. Much appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Dredgious said:

update us with ur findings

27 minutes ago, Dredgious said:

I was working through the crafting quest line for the same reason as well, but I ended up getting stuck after “the greatest cook“ quest. The next one requires me to create topaz for a merchant and he won’t give me the quest. I think it has something to do with my current level of skill in processing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was thinking the lvl 37 processing quest was skilled 7 and not level 37.

See more unlock up till I hit artisan.

Processing and gathering overlap some too.

18 minutes ago, WeAreLegion said:

I was working through the crafting quest line for the same reason as well, but I ended up getting stuck after “the greatest cook“ quest. The next one requires me to create topaz for a merchant and he won’t give me the quest. I think it has something to do with my current level of skill in processing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

So... What mats do I need to complete these quests?

Might be locked behind artisan. I am on the site tea quest right before it. Guess I can finish it tonight. I have artisan so should see if it's there for me.

it was common knowledge you can only get shards through gathering why would you think you could get them any other way is beyond me 

Because they added a few ways on the PC which havent made it in.

You can melt armor down for parts, but not accessories. They are hiding it from us to stunt the growth.

They have quests in game that award them. I gotten a few. Gathering is not the only way and it sucks as long as it is.

39 minutes ago, Doktar said:

Might be locked behind artisan. I am on the site tea quest right before it. Guess I can finish it tonight. I have artisan so should see if it's there for me.

Finished best cook.

Have artisan 4 processing, no quest.

Running through some research now.