Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rocketfuel77777

Emergency Escape

Recommended Posts

The People of BDX.. 

I've looked through the forums for a solution to the mind bobbling matter of Emergency Escape but didn't get a satisfying answer. 

It is such a good way to run away from an unfair gank if you combine it with the Lava Pierces but I can't seem to pull the combo off. I tried the LT+LB+RT+RB+A combination many times and I ended using all my skills and cooldowns instead.

Can someone educate me on this? Demonstrate how these god awful keys need to be pressed? I'm hopeless. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think you need to activate it >.<

i'm not sure of that, but i can escape fine on my warrior, but not my wizard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, maXmood said:

i think you need to activate it >.<

i'm not sure of that, but i can escape fine on my warrior, but not my wizard.

What sort of activation you are talking about? Or are you shooting blanks? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rocketfuel77777 said:

What sort of activation you are talking about? Or are you shooting blanks? 

under the Skills menu, you'll see it somewhere at the bottom.. it's like a skill you need to learn/put skill points into.

that sort of activation.. like i said, i think it has to be activated, but i'm not sure if that's the case.

and btw, it's just the top 4 buttons, excluding the A.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, maXmood said:

under the Skills menu, you'll see it somewhere at the bottom.. it's like a skill you need to learn/put skill points into.

that sort of activation.. like i said, i think it has to be activated, but i'm not sure if that's the case.

and btw, it's just the top 4 buttons, excluding the A.. 

I think you are referring to the option to lock the skill which works the other way around but I will look into it once I get back home. I'm also pretty sure it's including A. 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

I think you are referring to the option to lock the skill which works the other way around but I will look into it once I get back home. I'm also pretty sure it's including A. 

to lock a skill is RT+A i believe.. i'm not home either, so i can't confirm the Escape thing..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BrokenAzs said:

Just learn how to fight..

PvP is entire end game 

A tactical retreat is sometimes the best option if you get caught off guard, or misread an engage. Learning when to use your escape is learning how to fight better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

it doesnt always work no matter how you do it. spam it and pray or just run or spec into DP meme build theres no right answer

It never worked for me lol. Thanks man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this clears things up for those struggling to activate it. The key binds for skills on certain classes have "appear" to have an override when using certain skills. 

Example with a berserker: You press RT+RB+LT+LB+A (Emergency Escape), well what will generally happen is, Raging Thunder will activate, then Elastic Force, etc. Almost everything but Emergency Escape. 

However if you attempt to use that Emergency Escape while knockdown is applied to you (might have to spam it a few times) it will generally activate. I think this is because while CC'd there aren't any other key commands that can actually register an input except Emergency Escape so give it a try. If you wanna test it out find a buddy at the arena or try it in PvE, Rogues for stiffness test, golems at helm and cannoneer at sausans for knockdown test. Also some classes appear to be able to use it without having to go through the whole CC req but 🤷‍♀️. Anyways hopefully this helps.

Edited by Dredgious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

The People of BDX.. 

I've looked through the forums for a solution to the mind bobbling matter of Emergency Escape but didn't get a satisfying answer. 

It is such a good way to run away from an unfair gank if you combine it with the Lava Pierces but I can't seem to pull the combo off. I tried the LT+LB+RT+RB+A combination many times and I ended using all my skills and cooldowns instead.

Can someone educate me on this? Demonstrate how these god awful keys need to be pressed? I'm hopeless. 

In order to use Emergency Escape one of 2 factors have to be met.

1. While Taking Damage PvE or PvP

2. While Stunned or Knockdown.

As far as I am aware of you can't freely use Emergency Escape. Hope this helps.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Silencium said:

In order to use Emergency Escape one of 2 factors have to be met.

1. While Taking Damage PvE or PvP

2. While Stunned or Knockdown.

As far as I am aware of you can't freely use Emergency Escape. Hope this helps.

 

I have used it when not in combat before, mostly because i had no clue wtf an emergency escape was and wanted to find out what it does.. I am however a Ranger so maybe it is easier to proc on my class 

Edited by Krilov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BrokenAzs said:

Just learn how to fight..

PvP is entire end game 

Life Skilling is the entire game, front to back.   Sometimes you gotta try to run...or figure out how to re-equip all your regular armor (that you probably arent carrying to save space/weight while LSing) and weapon, jump into fighting stance, and stunlock the red meanine all in the span of >1sec before getting one-shotted.  Seems running, or dying, is fastest and more likely out of the three.  And what about Traders getting ganked while carrying a pack?  They should just learn to fight...how exactly?  PvP isn't the only answer to every question on these forums nor is it the only viable playstyle.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BrokenAzs said:

Just learn how to fight..

PvP is entire end game 

says the guy who consistently whines about being grabbed in PVP.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually press lb lt rb rt a in order fast and it works. All at once is always a bust. (I'm sorc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...