Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Daventry

Pro tips for us noobs

Recommended Posts

I thought it would be great to have some PC players lend the best advice in one spot from what to save instead of sell / which pets are the best to have or even just what is stuff you wish you knew going in. There are alot of YouTube videos but alot contradict each other without debate or questioning so wanted to see others opinions.

Edited by Daventry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • sell memory fragments and black stones that drop from ancient relic scrolls to marketplace and use the profit to buy ancient relic shards again and repeat the whole progress-> free left over black stones from hunter seals
  • if you drop traces and fruits from grinding/gathering sell these to marketplace to make some quick cash and allow lifeskillers to supply the marketplace with food/elixir in return that you can buy
  • dont enchant fortuna gear
  • when you start the game the first nodes to invest in should be either wheat or potatoe ones, you need these to make beer that you can use to refresh your worker -> you can sell beer to the marketplace and make ALOT of money because it is a item everyone demands
Edited by Neferpitou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Neferpitou said:

 

  • sell memory fragments and black stones that drop from ancient relic scrolls to marketplace and use the profit to buy ancient relic shards again and repeat the whole progress-> free left over black stones from hunter seals
  • if you drop traces and fruits from grinding/gathering sell these to marketplace to make some quick cash and allow lifeskillers to supply the marketplace with food/elixir in return that you can buy
  • dont enchant fortuna gear
  • when you start the game the first nodes to invest in should be either wheat or potatoe ones, you need these to make beer that you can use to refresh your worker -> you can sell beer to the marketplace and make ALOT of money because it is a item everyone demands

I've read about beer being super important. Is that under cooking? Or is beer making a form of processing? I love fishing so I know for down time and what not I want to fish and I thought cooking would be great for that so could be a 2 for 1 also I read drying fish out can benefit later since they don't age and you can use them to cook and feed pets as well. Is this true? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Beond said:

- Make sure you do all the quest for easy CP and inventory slots

- Enhance your armor to +5 off the rip (it's 100% chance)

- Enhance your weapons to +7 off the rip (it's 100% chance)

- Eat foods off of CD to increase your hp level

- Buy pets to loot for you

- Buy costume for extra exp

- Buy a bed for fast energy regeneration

- Find a guide to build a worker army

- If their is afk on the console version make sure you process or fish when not playing

- Join a guild you get extra stats

- Get daily scrolls from your Black Spirit

- Don't get in my way

Question on pets is it 4 or 5 you can have out? I read both , also what are the goto pets? I know they all have differences but I noticed allot of people sticking to mostly birds are they faster or something? " Not counting polar bears etc" since they are event based.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The learning curve of BDO is insanely high. It took me a while to understand the basic mechanics of the game let alone the more advanced stuff.

You should also realize that people wont share everything with you and might even mislead you because they don't want competition etc.. You will learn these things as you play.

My short input is this:

Try to focus on the different aspects of the game every week to learn as much as you can. Some things might seem boring to you now but you might actually enjoy them in the future.

To get a good start you should, as some stated before:

  •  Do the main quest lines
  •  Do the crafting rank quests (beginner, professional etc)
  • Get at least 3 pets
  • Gain all the knowledge you can in every spot

And the most generic suggestion of all, Enjoy the game - Theres a love ton of things to do and see in BDO that arn't revolved around making silver lol

 

Cheers

Edited by Dr INF3NRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty sure it was only 3 pets on pc launch but I'm not for sure....at least that's all I had but I was also a noob so I might have just not have max pets

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. buy pets of different breeds cat, dog, bird, and so on as they each have a unique ability 

2. level pets to max level

3 when you get free pets from loyalties level them to max

4. when pet breeding gets added breed the pets you bought with the free ones from loyalties for better pets without paying for rng

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont forget to get to port epheria asap so u can do the daily quest to get the blueprints to make the sailboat. it takes like 20 days to get the pieces and another 14 to actually craft the boat (i havent gotten to that point yet so idk much about it) but that boat can be repaired. the other boats die after a bit of use from what others have said.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I recall correctly the sail boat was added in a later patch and we'll most likely get the pc launch content but with tweeks to the main story.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Darthaden said:

1. buy pets of different breeds cat, dog, bird, and so on as they each have a unique ability 

2. level pets to max level

3 when you get free pets from loyalties level them to max

4. when pet breeding gets added breed the pets you bought with the free ones from loyalties for better pets without paying for rng

Does having lvl 10 pets help with higher rng? Someone said they tested a bunch and didn't notice a difference in randomness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Daventry said:

Does having lvl 10 pets help with higher rng? Someone said they tested a bunch and didn't notice a difference in randomness.

Its supposed to help increase the odds of getting a higher tier pet. I never tested it myself as that would require spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on pets to get a large enough sample size for accurate results......and yeah I don't care enough to do that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2018 at 8:39 PM, Darthaden said:

If I recall correctly the sail boat was added in a later patch and we'll most likely get the pc launch content but with tweeks to the main story.

oh my...if thats the case we r gonna be so far behind. i hope they do like eso and keep us a dlc/upgrade behind the pc. we wont know until they announce it i guess :/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, numnutz2005 said:

oh my...if thats the case we r gonna be so far behind. i hope they do like eso and keep us a dlc/upgrade behind the pc. we wont know until they announce it i guess :/

 

yeah from what I've read i'm pretty sure we're getting the pc launch content but with the updated UI and story. This obviously isn't based on fact though as they haven't stated yet what content we'll have, just me reading between the lines on what has been stated so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2018 at 7:14 PM, Darthaden said:

yeah from what I've read i'm pretty sure we're getting the pc launch content but with the updated UI and story. This obviously isn't based on fact though as they haven't stated yet what content we'll have, just me reading between the lines on what has been stated so far.

I believe I read somewhere that they plan to catch up to PC as soon as possible. So even if we are super behind on launch it should be too long until we have all the features PC has.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if we are behind, I'm just very excited to try a new MMO.  It's been far too long now since I've played one.  Can't wait to meet you all in game and get my grind on.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 9:16 AM, BigSarge said:

Even if we are behind, I'm just very excited to try a new MMO.  It's been far too long now since I've played one.  Can't wait to meet you all in game and get my grind on.

You're going to LOVE Black Desert then. At first it will seem very overwhelming with the sheer amount of things to do. What I love the most about BDO for me personally is I never felt forced into playing the game any particular way. For example if someone wants to focus on Lifeskilling, IE. Gathering, Fishing, Hunting, Cooking etc. You can do that. Sure it will be a bit of a grind at first getting those Contribution points which are needed to invest in worker nodes to produce materials etc. But once you're setup with a nice little worker empire you can make some good silver . Or just grind to your hearts content with it's awesome combat system. As a PC player I personally am looking forward to seeing this on the Xb1X in native 4k!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×