Jump to content
Heckity

Crossplay?

Recommended Posts

I sincerely doubt that this would ever happen, and may very well have already been debunked somewhere, but are there any known plans for crossplay with PC? I've got some friends who'd be interested in playing but they don't have pc and vice versa for my situation.

 

Again, this is just wishful thinking, I'd like to know for sure lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont think its coming. Even official Twitter of Black Desert gave us info that theyre publishing information only about PC version, so we can see there some separation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i. played ff14arr that. was. crossplay. on. ps4. and. did't. like. it. the. pc. players. tended. to. be. elitist,  and. could. place. their. chest. bids. faster. etc.,  had. special. apps,   at their. disposal. really. not. fun.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see crossplay with PC  thats why FFXIV is so successful on console, its not isolated.   If anything have a separate server with just xbox players but open the ability to play on other servers with our PC friends.  This is how you keep an MMO going long term on a console.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kakao has nothing to do with the Xbox launch so there's zero chance at cross play.......which is for the best imo for Xbox players. The PC players would mop the floor with Xbox users, not only is keyboard/mouse a advantage they've had a 2 year head start on xp and gear grinding. You'd get one shot by any decent pc player for the next 6 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I don't see crossplay happening. It just doesn't work with this game. It's a nice idea, but simply couldn't work out. PC has years of experience over us, and plus they are rocking KB&M we are using a controller. (Besides the people who exploit using XIM 4 on Xbox) Also, we are getting this game before PS4 meaning, if we were all able to play, the game would be so player unbalanced with people just coming in and people who have been there for years. It's like a 1st grader going to a 12th grade class. Plus I cant imagine it being easy with balancing out all 3 economies across all 3 platforms. Not to mention the advantages with keybindings. It's unrealistic to assume Xbox would be able to play with PC.

I think long term it's something that can be discussed perhaps with Xbox and PS4, but as everyone knows, they don't get along well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see why crossplay can't work,  why not have a server or 2 for xbox, with the ability to join servers with PC players, developers have talked about doing this before.   This would also keep developers on task keeping the versions of the game the same so we aren't missing features.

I don't see how this will succeed if its on xbox alone, at least not for very long.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TopcowRaven said:

I don't see why crossplay can't work,  why not have a server or 2 for xbox, with the ability to join servers with PC players, developers have talked about doing this before.   This would also keep developers on task keeping the versions of the game the same so we aren't missing features.

I don't see how this will succeed if its on xbox alone, at least not for very long.  

ESO is bigger on Xbox than on pc, Neverwinter is still strong, Ark is still strong... fact is, Xbox does not have as many mmo's as pc so I actually think BDO will do better for a longer period of time on Xbox than it did on pc.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TopcowRaven said:

I'd love to see crossplay with PC  thats why FFXIV is so successful on console, its not isolated.   If anything have a separate server with just xbox players but open the ability to play on other servers with our PC friends.  This is how you keep an MMO going long term on a console.  

FFxiv is nice on cross-play because of the battle system in my opinion. I think it would be unfair for joystick players to compete with keyboard, especially in such dynamic battles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daniel said:

FFxiv is nice on cross-play because of the battle system in my opinion. I think it would be unfair for joystick players to compete with keyboard, especially in such dynamic battles

why not servers where xbox players could choose to play only with xbox players and servers that have both.  Seems like it would satisfy everyone that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TopcowRaven said:

why not servers where xbox players could choose to play only with xbox players and servers that have both.  Seems like it would satisfy everyone that way.

That would be nice, but alot of work. We will see what they decide :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TopcowRaven said:

why not servers where xbox players could choose to play only with xbox players and servers that have both.  Seems like it would satisfy everyone that way.

Well since there no PVe only server that server would constantly be trolled and would make it so no one go there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beond said:

I hope there's never crossplay, bot snipers on the market, bot grinders, bots bots bots

True that. Xbox only version would make sure that there are no bots at all

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope it never happens. Things would end up horribly balanced. Also the Economy, and Market would get decimated. That is why there is NO crossplay.

giphy.gif 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×