Babytroutman

Game starting to get bored

Been a day one player since the game came out, by that been said I put a lil over 400+ in this game to get all what I need and want lvl 57 wiz and a lvl 58 Ber. which seem like I'm missing something p.v.p maybe 4/5 I win but you have these a-hole who don't understand if you keep losing why keep coming back, I start fishing,crafting, etc just to get things up and running and it seem like friend/guild no longer online playing bdo...

I'm starting to find myself in a spot where a lot of people at!!! Just stuck with nothing much to do just grind solo... 

Any idea on what else to do because it seem that the awakening skill is not coming no time soon and just going around pking other is fun until it just start to feel the same...

1 minute ago, Babytroutman said:

Been a day one player since the game came out, by that been said I put a lil over 400+ in this game to get all what I need and want lvl 57 wiz and a lvl 58 Ber. which seem like I'm missing something p.v.p maybe 4/5 I win but you have these a-hole who don't understand if you keep losing why keep coming back, I start fishing,crafting, etc just to get things up and running and it seem like friend/guild no longer online playing bdo...

I'm starting to find myself in a spot where a lot of people at!!! Just stuck with nothing much to do just grind solo... 

Any idea on what else to do because it seem that the awakening skill is not coming no time soon and just going around pking other is fun until it just start to feel the same...

Whats your energy and CP at. Level is just a part of the game.  Yeah i could have grinded a character or 2 to 60 by now but i would miss out on alot of what else the game has to offer.

As for the guild issue, many people may have fallen off, u just need to find one thats active.

I’m pushing 300 hours and still haven’t been everywhere in our three starting regions. Went to Mediah once on accident. (Thanks ferry boat! Lol)

What I’m trying to illustrate is that there is a LOT to do. I’ve PvPed twice, most of my time has been doing quests, reading the actual story lines  (I get the impression a lot of people just click through everything 😝) and exploring the amazingly beautiful world PA has created. 

Most likely this will be a PvE style vs. PvP style thread...which is not bad, it’s true. There are a hundred ways to play the game. Maybe try slowing down and just “living” in the world. 

Also, there will be a lot of new PvP content coming, take a break and play something else for a bit? Dunno what else to say...personally I still feel like I’ve only scratched the surface. 

1 minute ago, Silencium said:

I kinda felt the same way playing 24/7 since launch. I just transitioned to life skills.

Most of my hours have been lifeskills. This is probably a good idea. 👍🏼

• Like 1

Haven't been playing much for the last 2 weeks or so. Just getting on for world boss trying to get some of hat phat loot. My activity level is def going to go up now with the release of the new classes, but I imagine that's gonna taper down in a couple weeks. 

I really don't do the whole life skilling thing and even though I have a decent amount of silver saved up availability of mats have left me stuck in a rut so far. I probably won't be able to progress much until they release melting of accessories.

There really should be multiple ways of progressing gear besides gathering as those people that prefer to farm mobs instead of life skilling are pretty much left behind. 

I would get extremely bored if I was just grinding all the time and enhancing gear, but some people (apparently Koreans) like to do just that. I really like all the life skills in the game with some grinding/ node wars to shake it up.

No matter the mmo some people insist on rushing to the lvl/gear cap, and because the rest of the playerbase is slower the rushers get bored. Im sorry but i have no sympathy

• Like 3

124 energy and 237 cp but I got so bored I unlock the whole map just to see how it look, wiz 129 ap/298 dp ber 153 ap/313 dp lifeskill is coming a long 

Not bored here...have several chars...my energy 169 cp 275... A lot to do in game...and more added toda❤😍y

• Like 2

313 dp? That isn’t even possible on Xbox is it? We can’t enchance past Tri....

3 minutes ago, Babytroutman said:

An 313 dp is low I done came across a couple of people who kick my butt an told me to get my ap/dp up

how do you get to 300??? i don't think that's possible with the current content..

2 minutes ago, maXmood said:

how do you get to 300??? i don't think that's possible with the current content..

He has to be bullshitting. That kind of DP is TET/PEN level pieces. 

Posted (edited)

I know you heard + your gear right... plus ber. need more Dp then AP from what I seen on youtube 

Edited by Babytroutman

I mean, it’s not a western MMO, so by definition this Korean MMO is a grinder that wants you online consuming your life either at the controller or AFK. Played 200, 300, 400 hours? Yea...if you consider AFK ‘playing’.

I came to the realization that this MMO is shallow.

The story? Please...it’s not good. It’s simplistic, repetitive(yes..the IMPs, we get it), oh, you have a infestation? Really? And after awhile you just glaze over with boredom and click through as fast as possible. That round table in Calp? Ok...really?

AFK system? Let’s revisit this one. In most all other games AFK character control is bannable. Yet this game integrates AFK into their game. Want to earn that awesome Fishing title? Forget it cause AFK Fishing makes titles irrelevant. Oh Master w/e Cook? So you loaded up your inventory, went to the pot, added some stuff and hit ‘go’. Now you watch your character lift the ladle a 1000 times? Nah...you go AFK and eat dinner, game will be there, connected and chugging. The AFK system should never of came to NA. I mean it was designed to feed the Korean ‘PC Bang’ cafe(per hr internet) and has no purpose here in NA/EU, so why have it in game? Nodes and workers could simply run while you are offline until they run out of stamina. Training that requires running or moving? Well...do it like normal games, earn it. I refuse to AFK, seems like a cheap way to play. But, like Prego, ‘it’s in there’.

The lifeskills? Ultra boring. Once you get nodes, workers, and your ‘stuff’ set, you sit there and watch paint dry. Gathering...ok, that was never that fun to me after the 100th tree, plant, rock. Processing? Why am I making planks for my workers to make plywood? The workers skip that skill training in wood shop? Processing...AFK your way to stuff.

World boss? Just not good. It’s a stationary spell sponge that just might as well be a slot machine. No strategy, huge fps issues(unless you turn off other players..in a MMO..turn off players??), and just shallow content.

Travel? The lack of waypoint travel actually got to me. At first I liked navigating on foot or horse, but now once you have all the areas of the map open(which I did at level 20, anyone paint map edges anymore?) and you want to get to point B and realize you are on Pirate island, you just feel like exiting the game. Maybe that’s because water navigation is horrible, boats are not as good as other games implementation of water craft, and getting stuck is real. If it weren’t for autopathing on land, yea...I would pass on going anywhere.

PvP has it’s content in this game. If there wasn’t desync on key skills and this ridiculous stunlock wasn’t a core aspect of what seems like every attack, PvP could be great. But then that leaves out players who don’t want PvP and stay at the 49 gate. Guess they can hope for lifeskill quests to open up for them that are in the 50s.

I’ll leave it at that. Sure I’ll get the ‘this game ipcan do no wrong’ supporters bashing me, but I care less. This game has potential on console of you cater to the correct demographic. Its a NA console crowd, learn what and how they play.

39 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

I mean, it’s not a western MMO, so by definition this Korean MMO is a grinder that wants you online consuming your life either at the controller or AFK. Played 200, 300, 400 hours? Yea...if you consider AFK ‘playing’.

I came to the realization that this MMO is shallow.

The story? Please...it’s not good. It’s simplistic, repetitive(yes..the IMPs, we get it), oh, you have a infestation? Really? And after awhile you just glaze over with boredom and click through as fast as possible. That round table in Calp? Ok...really?

AFK system? Let’s revisit this one. In most all other games AFK character control is bannable. Yet this game integrates AFK into their game. Want to earn that awesome Fishing title? Forget it cause AFK Fishing makes titles irrelevant. Oh Master w/e Cook? So you loaded up your inventory, went to the pot, added some stuff and hit ‘go’. Now you watch your character lift the ladle a 1000 times? Nah...you go AFK and eat dinner, game will be there, connected and chugging. The AFK system should never of came to NA. I mean it was designed to feed the Korean ‘PC Bang’ cafe(per hr internet) and has no purpose here in NA/EU, so why have it in game? Nodes and workers could simply run while you are offline until they run out of stamina. Training that requires running or moving? Well...do it like normal games, earn it. I refuse to AFK, seems like a cheap way to play. But, like Prego, ‘it’s in there’.

The lifeskills? Ultra boring. Once you get nodes, workers, and your ‘stuff’ set, you sit there and watch paint dry. Gathering...ok, that was never that fun to me after the 100th tree, plant, rock. Processing? Why am I making planks for my workers to make plywood? The workers skip that skill training in wood shop? Processing...AFK your way to stuff.

World boss? Just not good. It’s a stationary spell sponge that just might as well be a slot machine. No strategy, huge fps issues(unless you turn off other players..in a MMO..turn off players??), and just shallow content.

Travel? The lack of waypoint travel actually got to me. At first I liked navigating on foot or horse, but now once you have all the areas of the map open(which I did at level 20, anyone paint map edges anymore?) and you want to get to point B and realize you are on Pirate island, you just feel like exiting the game. Maybe that’s because water navigation is horrible, boats are not as good as other games implementation of water craft, and getting stuck is real. If it weren’t for autopathing on land, yea...I would pass on going anywhere.

PvP has it’s content in this game. If there wasn’t desync on key skills and this ridiculous stunlock wasn’t a core aspect of what seems like every attack, PvP could be great. But then that leaves out players who don’t want PvP and stay at the 49 gate. Guess they can hope for lifeskill quests to open up for them that are in the 50s.

I’ll leave it at that. Sure I’ll get the ‘this game ipcan do no wrong’ supporters bashing me, but I care less. This game has potential on console of you cater to the correct demographic. Its a NA console crowd, learn what and how they play.

Cool thing about opinions. Some are shallow. How NA plays? Lol. 

3 hours ago, Hieraphant said:

Whats your energy and CP at. Level is just a part of the game.  Yeah i could have grinded a character or 2 to 60 by now but i would miss out on alot of what else the game has to offer.

As for the guild issue, many people may have fallen off, u just need to find one thats active.

If you want to join my guild we are always looking for people. Small but growing we are on Cal2 NA. We are trying to find solid people that are active. But some of us like myself are new to BDO itself only been playing 3week we have 18 members atm. The game just came out and they are working on putting more stuff in. If anything just log in weekly to keep upto date on what going on to make sure your character is geared the way you want it until awakening comes out. How much longer I don't know. But It can't be to much longer I would hope. But anyways good luck man don't give up on the game cause it's stale atm for you there's more to come just bare with the devs of this game they are trying.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, DozerX91 said:

Cool thing about opinions. Some are shallow. How NA plays? Lol. 

Hardly a shallow opinion. Least I put some effort into it. 

Look up western MMOs and Korean MMOs and you will understand how NA plays.

Edited by Uberkull

3 hours ago, Babytroutman said:

I know you heard + your gear right... plus ber. need more Dp then AP from what I seen on youtube 

Bro hate to break it to you, but yes 313 is possible on these videos you watch, but completely impossible in our version of the game. Stop trolling.