Sign in to follow this  
zlad

Events and Boss new times (targeting Pacific players only)

I've always felt like the times (bosses, practice node wars, random events) cater more to the West Coast. And I understand we have to meet in between to kinda find a balance that works for everyone (or the majority at least), but these new event (hot -time event) and new boss times are just ridiculous imo. For someone in the East Coast, the Hot-Time Event doesn't start until 10pm, and runs until 3am. For pacific its of course prime time (7pm-12am). New boss times made me upset, but this event times are just too much, its like you dont give a f about the East Coast player base. Starting it a couple hours earlier would make more sense, but hey I'm not an expert and I have no access to server statistics. Just thought I'd throw this out there.

I love the new boss times and I'm east. I work second so it opens up so much now. Can't keep everyone happy someone has to lose. I used to only be able to do weekend bosses

• Thanks 1

This is true I live in the east coast and some of these times be dumb for us 

As a typical 9-5 worker I can no longer do bosses mon weds fri. The event starts when I settle down to sleep. I can use maybe 1 hour of it.

We do have access to server stats, we can see when all servers are crowded. This event timing is BAD and needs to be addressed by a GM and CM. No reason for them to focus nonpeak hours.

ya I wish they could cater to both east coast and west coast for event's/node wars.  starting at 9pm for node wars is late.  I wish I lived in pst.  Seems almost all mmo's are pst based.   think LOTRO was the only east coast based mmo company I know of.

5 hours ago, Paladiex said:

As a typical 9-5 worker I can no longer do bosses mon weds fri. The event starts when I settle down to sleep. I can use maybe 1 hour of it.

We do have access to server stats, we can see when all servers are crowded. This event timing is BAD and needs to be addressed by a GM and CM. No reason for them to focus nonpeak hours.

We're monitoring the times (one Kzarka comes back up) and can move them if necessary. There are restrictions to when we can time the bosses to spawn, but  5PM time slot Tuesday/Thursday was added to give a prime time zone to East Coast, and when new bosses come the times will be a lot more fleshed out. It's hard to fit them in for everyone, but we are trying to work a time table that can be modified more in the future. 

38 minutes ago, [CM]Shirna said:

We're monitoring the times (one Kzarka comes back up) and can move them if necessary. There are restrictions to when we can time the bosses to spawn, but  5PM time slot Tuesday/Thursday was added to give a prime time zone to East Coast, and when new bosses come the times will be a lot more fleshed out. It's hard to fit them in for everyone, but we are trying to work a time table that can be modified more in the future. 

The boss times are perfect for me and my friends, please don't change them too much 😀👍

These times for EU are really bad aswell, just as bad as the previous times for people who work regular hours. Previously a lot of times was during work hours and now a lot are still during work hours and on top of that past midnight. 😅

34 minutes ago, Tostiee said:

These times for EU are really bad aswell, just as bad as the previous times for people who work regular hours. Previously a lot of times was during work hours and now a lot are still during work hours and on top of that past midnight. 😅

The actual time was supposed to be UTC+1, hopefully that makes it a little nicer 

Why is there one minute difference between week days and weekend on current event, and why is weekend one minute shorter?

*Insert huge kappa here*

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [CM]Shirna said:

The actual time was supposed to be UTC+1, hopefully that makes it a little nicer 

This doesn't really change a lot for me and probably a lot of people. So instead of Tuesday/Thursday and Sunday being 1am it's now 12am which most people will be asleep anyway. And Monday/Wednesday/Friday 9am will be 8am now which most people will still be at work or going to work.

The only times that are probably fine for most are the Monday/Wednesday/Friday 9:15pm, Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 6pm and all Saturday times.

All these times are cest btw

Edited by Tostiee

There will always be someone who does wrong and others better. The boses should be on the fringes with more people on the servers

Read clearly. Friday at 7 until Sunday at 1159 meaning all day sat and Sunday not just the 5 hours.... Better then having no event at all 

1 hour ago, Ouchbud said:

Read clearly. Friday at 7 until Sunday at 1159 meaning all day sat and Sunday not just the 5 hours.... Better then having no event at all 

By that logic the other ones would run monday 7pm till thursday 12am. Right now it's running 7pm~12am UTC.

___

My opinion on the boss timers could be moved back to a middle ground between what they are now and what they previously were though.