Sign in to follow this  
Dragmoor

Describe Black Desert in three sentences.

Posted (edited)

I'm new to the game and I have to say I'm a bit overwhelmed. Not really sure exactly what's going on. I'm level 15 and I'm a little confused. if any of you could describe this game and its main objective in three sentences please give me your best shot. I know it's an MMORPG obviously I know it's very grind e which I love, but can anyone explain what the main objective of the gameplay is? I keep seeing nodes and I don't really understand what it is. Something about trading? Resources? Am I going to be forced to be part of a guild...? I'm 31 years old IRL and I really have a low threshold for young players. Am I going to be forced to be in a guild with them? What's this game all about besides slaying mobs? I'm looking forward to the PVP but I just want someone to explain simply what exactly I'm aiming for here...

Edited by Dragmoor
Typos

Fun, plenty to do but turn the chat box off

Find a guild that suits your needs for good company

You will NEED alts to help provide for your main charicter

A sandbox mmo where you can pursue your own goals. It's a marathon not a sprint. There are plenty of adults out there, we just don't spam the chat with infantile weaboo nonsense.

Posted (edited)

Tbh it's not very sandbox it's only on certain days games like ark  are sandbox

Edited by Legendary

you can cook, trade, have a house, fish, fight, hunt, craft clothes, tools, potions, weapons and more. Train and breed horses, farm, sail the seas.

you can also PvP and grind mobs to your hearts consent. It's a sandbox mmo

21 minutes ago, InfiniteBlack said:

you can cook, trade, have a house, fish, fight, hunt, craft clothes, tools, potions, weapons and more. Train and breed horses, farm, sail the seas.

you can also PvP and grind mobs to your hearts consent. It's a sandbox mmo

A sandbox is where you can change almost anything hence they term sandbox doing skills isn't associated with that

4 minutes ago, Legendary said:

A sandbox is where you can change almost anything hence they term sandbox doing skills isn't associated with that

It is in its entirety a sandbox mmorpg where you do whatever you want and you are not limited by loading screens or invisible walls. If bdo is not a sandbox mmo than no mmo is. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Aim to have fun and get your Toon geared up for pvp  

Edited by Shadi

Join lifeskilling guild. Ask questions to your guild mates. 

Look up basic guides on YouTube. 

Play on your own terms.

Posted (edited)

Best. MMORPG. Combat.

(oh, you said three sentences, not three words).

Edited by JayMadIV

1 hour ago, JayMadIV said:

Best. MMORPG. Combat.

(oh, you said three sentences, not three words).

Yes and no. Ultra repetitive combos at lvl cap, especially noticeable when grinding. Mobs way too easy makes combat combos even more dull.

There sentences?

Get ready to pay to win if you want stay top 1% PvP

Get ready to travel back and forth across the map..again and again, always.

Get ready to wonder why the hell you are playing this game after you hit soft cap.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Yes and no. Ultra repetitive combos at lvl cap, especially noticeable when grinding. Mobs way too easy makes combat combos even more dull.

There sentences?

Get ready to pay to win if you want stay top 1% PvP

Get ready to travel back and forth across the map..again and again, always.

Get ready to wonder why the hell you are playing this game after you hit soft cap.

I guess if you're a masochist since the enhancing system in this game is one of the most overcomplicated affairs I've seen in an MMO. 

The game is fun and all but let's be real here... there's no skill or gear diversity. All classes basically chasing the same weapon/armor/accs so at the end of the day it's down to whoever's had the most luck enhancing and/or spending real cash. 

In other games you can make up the difference with interesting class builds or gear but here everything is the same except player skill. Even then that's debatable when this game at high levels of GS play is who stuns who first is basically going to win the fight due to the way CC works in this game.

All in all the game is fun due to the combat mechanics but that's where that ends. There are other MMO's out there that do everything else better. 

Edited by Shanath
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Shanath said:

I guess if you're a masochist since the enhancing system in this game is one of the most overcomplicated affairs I've seen in an MMO. 

The game is fun and all but let's be real here... there's no skill or gear diversity. All classes basically chasing the same weapon/armor/accs so at the end of the day it's down to whoever's had the most luck enhancing and/or spending real cash. 

In other games you can make up the difference with interesting class builds or gear but here everything is the same except player skill. Even then that's debatable when this game at high levels of GS play is who stuns who first is basically going to win the fight due to the way CC works in this game.

All in all the game is fun due to the combat mechanics but that's where that ends. There are other MMO's out there that do everything else better. 

You nailed it.

And I would reiterate, there are unnecessarily over complicated systems in this game. Simplify ans streamline would do wonders.

Almost seems like those comlicated lottery scratch-offs that make old people toss out winning tickets.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Legendary said:

True, technically it's an "open world" game:

sandbox game
A game where the player has the ability to create, modify, or destroy their environment. The term alludes to a child's sandbox where the child can create and destroy with no given objective. A pure sandbox game like Minecraft has no objective except to modify the environment, but can be combined with a storyline or a hook to drive players. This differs from an open world where the player is free to roam and approach objectives at any time.

open world
A game world that the player may freely traverse, rather than being restricted to certain pre-defined areas. While 'open world' and 'sandbox' are sometimes used interchangeably, the terms refer to different concepts and are not synonymous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shanath said:

Ever play origional Archeage lol. U have to enhance to higher tiers, but the outcome was a 1 in 4 variant.  Only 1 of those varients were then able to go a further tier where the outcome was a 1 in 4 varient. To get max end game gear u had to rng that 1 in 4 varient 7 consecutive times to get best gear. If u failed u had to start from scratch. Imagine trying to do that from +7-+15. People would die lol

1 hour ago, Hieraphant said:

Ever play origional Archeage lol. U have to enhance to higher tiers, but the outcome was a 1 in 4 variant.  Only 1 of those varients were then able to go a further tier where the outcome was a 1 in 4 varient. To get max end game gear u had to rng that 1 in 4 varient 7 consecutive times to get best gear. If u failed u had to start from scratch. Imagine trying to do that from +7-+15. People would die lol

No, but I played Lineage 2 where you had a chance of dropping a random piece of equipped gear on pvp death. Imagine dropping a tri kzarka in this game. 

And people complain about pvp in this game lmao. 

23 minutes ago, Shanath said:

No, but I played Lineage 2 where you had a chance of dropping a random piece of equipped gear on pvp death. Imagine dropping a tri kzarka in this game. 

And people complain about pvp in this game lmao. 

Asheron's Call. When u died your body and everything on it and in your inventory sat there where u died until u could get it or it timed out and became free loot.

The issues people face because of pvp in this game is a joke.

1 minute ago, Hulkksmash said:

Toxic. Toxic. Toxic .... 

Wait im not a snowflake watching every word in chat to get offended 

people who use the word "snowflake" as an insult, ALWAYS turn out to be the biggest snowflakes out of everyone. 

Just now, JayMadIV said:

people who use the word "snowflake" as an insult, ALWAYS turn out to be the biggest snowflakes out of everyone. 

How does that fit here? Im literally saying people are constantly crying on here about it. Im saying to blow it off. Wouldnt i be crying louder if i was just like them?