Sign in to follow this  
Dragmoor

Describe Black Desert in three sentences.

Just now, Hulkksmash said:

How does that fit here? Im literally saying people are constantly crying on here about it. Im saying to blow it off. Wouldnt i be crying louder if i was just like them? 

they always turn out to be 100% more whiny and snowflakey than the so-called "snowflakes" that they ridicule. 

always.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayMadIV said:

they always turn out to be 100% more whiny and snowflakey than the so-called "snowflakes" that they ridicule. 

always.

Well played. Now youre just trollling :P

1 hour ago, Hulkksmash said:

How does that fit here? Im literally saying people are constantly crying on here about it. Im saying to blow it off. Wouldnt i be crying louder if i was just like them? 

It’s ok @JayMadIV is toxic and a snowflake at the same time....ponder that one.

I kid, I kid. 😫

1. Know what you're getting into.

2. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

3. Knowledge is power.

I could expand on what I mean, but I'll stick to the OP's desired template.

Posted (edited)

Thanks everyone. 

Edited by Dragmoor
Tried to quote, failed... Can't delete this haha.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Uberkull said:

Yes and no. Ultra repetitive combos at lvl cap, especially noticeable when grinding. Mobs way too easy makes combat combos even more dull.

There sentences?

Get ready to pay to win if you want stay top 1% PvP

Get ready to travel back and forth across the map..again and again, always.

Get ready to wonder why the hell you are playing this game after you hit soft cap.

Jesus man, super demoralizing.... Made me not want to play. I'm going to trust you're just upset about something else in general. everyone else thank you. Life skills, having a house, and sailing and stuff sounds a lot of fun. I'm also a huge pvper I think I'm going to like it. if I have to spend a little bit of money for creature comforts like extra inventory I don't mind. It's definitely the most beautiful MMORPG I've seen in my 20 year of online gaming. I do wish I could take care of this damn Bloom on Xbox though it really kills my eyes I have to wear night driving sunglasses just to play. 

Edited by Dragmoor
Typo

6 hours ago, Dragmoor said:

Jesus man, super demoralizing.... Made me not want to play. I'm going to trust you're just upset about something else in general. everyone else thank you. Life skills, having a house, and sailing and stuff sounds a lot of fun. I'm also a huge pvper I think I'm going to like it. if I have to spend a little bit of money for creature comforts like extra inventory I don't mind. It's definitely the most beautiful MMORPG I've seen in my 20 year of online gaming. I do wish I could take care of this damn Bloom on Xbox though it really kills my eyes I have to wear night driving sunglasses just to play. 

Well..let’s just say I warned ya! 😋

You seem to have some MMO experience, so i’m sre you’ll soon see the difference between a korean mmo and a western one.

Oh...and fishing and boating is why I wanted to play this mmo, yet I’m doing neither because they aren’t very good at all. Boat gets stuck by islands, and fishing can be done afk, which defeats the purpose. Then that wall of text each time u cast or fish...

• Confused 1

On 4/5/2019 at 7:39 PM, Uberkull said:

Yes and no. Ultra repetitive combos at lvl cap, especially noticeable when grinding. Mobs way too easy makes combat combos even more dull.

There sentences?

Get ready to pay to win if you want stay top 1% PvP

Get ready to travel back and forth across the map..again and again, always.

Get ready to wonder why the hell you are playing this game after you hit soft cap.

INCORRECT AF.

1. The only thing matters is RNG. 

2. Make alts for everything to be efficient

3. Nodewars & seige to get your guild on top.

Three sentences?? Bro that was a huge ass sloppy half ass post.

No wonder you don't understand the game. Can't half ass it

35 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

INCORRECT AF.

1. The only thing matters is RNG. 

2. Make alts for everything to be efficient

3. Nodewars & seige to get your guild on top.

1. Makes no sense to what I posted.

2. You no-life char.slots so you can park alts evewhere on the map.

3. And if you don’t like PvP?

Shallow AF. Get a clue on your audience.

Posted (edited)

To OP, I won't do three sentences for you, because it's not enough to really describe the game. You've said you're a big pvp-er, so good luck to you in that regard. However, be prepared to be ganked by the minority whilst you're farming, fishing whatever, because they just wanted to kill you for the sake of it.

They'll get toxic in chat, whether they win or not, but rise above their pathetic drivel, and just continue playing. If you aren't flagged for pvp, getting ganked is a nuisance and nothing more. 

The scope of the game is huge. There is absolutely a tonne of content for you to explore. You want to grind out fishing? Do it. You want to invest in a large network of trade routes? Do it. You want a worker empire to provide materials for a budding cook/alchemist? Do it. You want to simply mine rock or chop trees yourself to get what you want? Do it. 

There's really nothing you can't do. The game's incredible. 

But above all. 

Ignore anyone who says the game is a cash grab or pay to win. They are wrong. Silver is easily obtainable, and you can buy almost anything except convenience upgrades with it. If you're going to pvp like you say, you won't need inventory space anyway, so do not worry about it. 

Happy adventuring my friend. 

Edited by Yiazzy
Spelling error
  • Thanks 1

The best game you'll never play. Why? AFK lifeskilling all the time.

Posted (edited)

Can someone explain what all this "AFKing" is? I swear you guys are some of the most whiny people in my life. I'm sitting here listening to this cowboy Bebop jazz and I'm digging this game right now.I feel like there's going to be this moment where I get what you guys are saying and I'm going to like hate it but like why do you guys hate this game but keep playing I don't get it?

Edited by Dragmoor
None of you business!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dragmoor said:

Can someone explain what all this "AFKing" is? I swear you guys are some of the most whiny people in my life. I'm sitting here listening to this cowboy Bebop jazz and I'm digging this game right now.I feel like there's going to be this moment where I get what you guys are saying and I'm going to like hate it but like why do you guys hate this game but keep playing I don't get it?

There is a long history to this game. It’s been on PC for 4 years. So, you get the ‘bad’ and hope the ‘bad’ will change or get better . It doesn’t and never will. This isn’t a game full of PvE content, and what’s there can be played in Sims games.

The AFK activities in this game are normally bannable in other MMOs and online games. But in this game the Dev baked AFK into the game. Just try Fishing. When you read the wall of text, it mentions the AFK part. Cast your line out and do nothing. After three minutes the system will catxh the fish and recast for you, letting you go AFK and to bed. The game will never log you out or disconnect you. Your character will keep catching fish until your inventory is full.

You can AFK run loops to train your Breath(Stam). You can AFK and just stand there to let your workers continue to work, since they stop if you logoff. You can AFK train Horses, leveling them, etc. You can AFK build Strength(weight cap) by carrying trading goods. 

All you do is set a loop route on your map and start your character on any of the above activities and walk away from your Xbox. Turn off your TV, keep your Xbox on...you AFK your way to glory.

Why is AFK in the game? It’s a Korean MMO. In Korea they have PC Bang cafes. $$ Per hour internet cafes. The longer you are online in BDO, the more successful you are, the more powerful you beccome overall. This pressure to be the best fuels you to pay for certain Pearl Shop items and for more hours at the Cafe, one feeds the other. More $$ for all involved.

Edited by Uberkull

1 hour ago, Uberkull said:

There is a long history to this game. It’s been on PC for 4 years. So, you get the ‘bad’ and hope the ‘bad’ will change or get better . It doesn’t and never will. This isn’t a game full of PvE content, and what’s there can be played in Sims games.

The AFK activities in this game are normally bannable in other MMOs and online games. But in this game the Dev baked AFK into the game. Just try Fishing. When you read the wall of text, it mentions the AFK part. Cast your line out and do nothing. After three minutes the system will catxh the fish and recast for you, letting you go AFK and to bed. The game will never log you out or disconnect you. Your character will keep catching fish until your inventory is full.

You can AFK run loops to train your Breath(Stam). You can AFK and just stand there to let your workers continue to work, since they stop if you logoff. You can AFK train Horses, leveling them, etc. You can AFK build Strength(weight cap) by carrying trading goods. 

All you do is set a loop route on your map and start your character on any of the above activities and walk away from your Xbox. Turn off your TV, keep your Xbox on...you AFK your way to glory.

Why is AFK in the game? It’s a Korean MMO. In Korea they have PC Bang cafes. $$ Per hour internet cafes. The longer you are online in BDO, the more successful you are, the more powerful you beccome overall. This pressure to be the best fuels you to pay for certain Pearl Shop items and for more hours at the Cafe, one feeds the other. More $$ for all involved.

Okay, I think I don't want to play this game anymore. That sounds like trash.

1 hour ago, Dragmoor said:

Here is the ‘pros’...you paid what? $10?  Just play the questline of the Black Spirit out till it’s done. See if you like the PvE combat. It’s fun, grindy, stomp monsters with your super combos. Try workers and nodes, pick a profession and grind it some. See when you hit the wall.

But if you want to PvP where you succeed, you either join a serious PvP guild that will want a high gear score requirement and node war/guild war with them...or you go solo into Red Battlefield and likely get stomped by players already geared to the max cause they came from PC and knew all the ways to earn/enchant/buy their way to end game gear.

1 hour ago, Dragmoor said:

Don't even listen to this guy. He is NOT representative of the playerbase, he is just here hating on the game for the sheer sake of it. 

You never HAVE TO AFK. The option is there, but you will never need to. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

Don't even listen to this guy. He is NOT representative of the playerbase, he is just here hating on the game for the sheer sake of it. 

You never HAVE TO AFK. The option is there, but you will never need to. 

He literally asked aboit AFK. Read better.

So I honestly answered. There is no mystery that AFK is one of the more questionable game mecanics in BDO. Xbox players didn’t even want it to come over from PC. That was beta feedback.

Edited by Uberkull

5 hours ago, Uberkull said:

He literally asked aboit AFK. Read better.

So I honestly answered. There is no mystery that AFK is one of the more questionable game mecanics in BDO. Xbox players didn’t even want it to come over from PC. That was beta feedback.

You were not honest. You stated your opinion about "Getting the bad" and saying it will never get better. That is just your opinion, don't shove it down this poor chap's throat. I'm loving absolutely every aspect of the game, every single thing. Do I mind sitting for hours whilst I process thousands of ores? Nope, because there's a purpose to it. 

He may not either, so don't sway his decision by saying something IS bad, because YOU think so. 

8 hours ago, Dragmoor said:

Part of the afking is players are then inhabiting the game 24/7 . So everything seems packed full of people and things always going on. It's very cool to see hundred+ people packed in fishing (even if most are afk).

It's a way to make money as well if you jump off and set them to do something. If I'm making dinner I'll set to smelt a bunch of zinc and let the game go on its own for a couple hours. I come back to smelted stuff, chopped wood, cooked up beer, or whatever else I set them to do. 

Tbh the afk skilling just allows you to do the mundane all by itself. Sure you could sit and watch a 1000 beer being made, but why? 

The game is massive, but thats its appeal. No fast travel, no summon stones, nothing ezmode... for most part. If I gotta travel across map I'll set location on map and auto travel. Then I'll get up and let dog out. Once you get the feel of the game all its weird quirks are helpful in many ways. 

Just my 2 cents 

2 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

I'm loving absolutely every aspect of the game, every single thing.

Obviously. White Knight.