OK, NEWS!!!

Caught a T4 in the wild today, right after update! this suggests that they have adjusted the horse tiers in one way or another. 

• Like 2

Well if anybody jumps out there and breeds something, I want to know if the outcome Is any better.

Great news! I got a T6 Female from a T5 male level 29 & a T4 female level 25. According to Something lovely site, I had 0 chance to get a T6 female at a 6 multiplier breeding rate. I think that’s what it was before, but anyway it’s higher than that now. 

• Like 1

I would like to buy a t6 or higher horse from anyone. Im also willing to gift a Microsoft gift card of 20 or 50$ depending on what skills the horse has!!!

I bred a T3 level 30 female with a T4 level 29 male and got a T5 male, this wouldn’t be possible with a 14 multiplier according to something * lovely calculator. I can’t say where we are for sure, but it’s definitely more than 6 and less than 14.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Riding the T6 didn't seem to make much difference. It ended up with 11 skills.

Note: I wrote this post a couple weeks ago and apparently never posted it. The forum saved the draft. I haven’t tried leveling my T6’s since this result but today I got a T7 so I’m going to ride the T6’s now. I was thinking they were capped so it would be a waste.

Edited by Azazel

Either the last patch did something, or I just got lucky because all of a sudden I got a T7 male from a T5 female + T6 male breeding, both level 30.

7.png

• Like 1

I rode the T7 male shown above to 30 and it only ended up with 10 skills, so it is worthless for anything but breeding.  It's worth noting that I rode it to 26 pre-5/29 patch so maybe it would have gotten more skills if I did all the riding post-patch.

I only had T5 females for breeding, (still hadn't ever gotten a T6 female) so I have one breeding result so far post-5/29 patch:

• Result of T7 male + T5 female both at lvl 30 was a T6 female, my first one :)

I'm riding the T6 female up to breed with the T7 male now (inbreeding!!).  I'll reset breeding on both and also the T5 female and hopefully get another T7 or at least more T6 females.  I have a ton of T6 males sitting around now.

Based on the notes from the 5/29 patch I don't think T8 is possible yet. Either that or nobody has ever gotten one because the chances are so low. The text is below from the patch notes:

Although horse breeders across the land have been breeding horses to higher tiers, we have not yet seen a tier 5 horse in the wild. That will all change as the quality of horses out in the wild has improved dramatically and it will now be possible to catch a Tier 5 in the wild.

With the continued advancement in horse breeding knowledge, the chances of breeding horses that turn out lower than their parents has been reduced, and also the chances of attaining a Tier 6 and tier 7 horse have also been increased. 

Note that it does not mention T8. That could just be because the T8 chances remain unchanged, but I'm pretty skeptical that T8 possibility is even as high as 1% with the current stock available.  I guess I'll find out when I breed the T6 female to the T7 male.

Posted (edited)

Breeding the T7 male with the T6 female gave me only T6s. I have another female now to breed with a male T6.

I'm still getting worse skill numbers on the T6s and the one T7 than I get on T5s so something is capped there.  My new T6 female is attractive, and so far has 11 skills at level 20. I'm hoping it gets to 13+ in the next 10 levels.

Black Desert (6).png

Edited by Azazel
  • Like 1

Are you referring to the announcement that someone has received a great horse or something like that?  I think that might happen for T7s too right now.

This is the T7 female. It's a 7E. I've seen some 7I's which look a lot like 8As.

T7.png

18 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Are you referring to the announcement that someone has received a great horse or something like that?  I think that might happen for T7s too right now.

It does. My guildmate got a T7 and that notification popped up. 

Posted (edited)

I'll edit this later when I'm home for proof-sake but I bred the t5 from the ultimate with the t5 we got as a "gift" a while back, both lvl 30, I forgot the Males color, but the female was t5 "M" color (blk n white). I bred twice, and exchanged for 3 foals.

First attempt resulted in a T7 FEMALE "J" color, IDK what happened, but this horse was smart af and learned every skill If i remember right, by only lvl 27. (still at 27 been training the other foals).

Second attempt resulted in T6 Male  "N" color, this horse is dumb af with only like 9-11 skills at lvl 30. However it does know (and has maxed) all the courser skills needed.

Exchange result: T6 Female "Q" color. 

Breeding multiplyer has to be 9/10+, at the minimum. However, this would mean Even with a t6/t7 breed you have 0% chance to even roll a T8. You would need 2 T7's lvl 30 maxed to have an 8% chance at a T8 with this multiplyer.. I doubt they'd do that to us.. but the only if we have is STILL "Ultra Rare chance" at t8.

Edited by Amped
  • Thanks 1

I finally managed to breed a T7 😁 I'm sure that's no big deal for everyone here, but seeing as my luck with breeding has been horrid; I've gotten basically next to no female foals, forcing me to lvl lower tier wild mares I catch/tame to breed to the higher tiers males I've foaled...... and yes, my luck does seem to continue to some extent, since this T7 is male lmao 🙄 but at least I finally managed to breed one

first T7.jpg

I bred my T7 male to my T7 female twice after riding both to level 30. Result was another female T7 and a female T6. I'll ride the female T7 up to 30 and try the last two breeding attempts with the male.

Have you tried exchanging two fully leveled T7's? I've always had better results with exchange, opposed to breeding.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:51 AM, Azazel said:

Well, I'm out of patience.  No T8 and no Alchemy stones. Time to move along to another game. 

If you dont have patience, this is a lousy long term game for you.

Overall it's a decent game, great time killer if you play numb.

Posted (edited)

It's been 7 months. Patience is one thing, infinite patience is another. They are taking my $$ and time and not returning enough of what I want in the game.

At least on the PC version I could minimize the game and play it AFK while I did other things on the computer. Not possible on Xbox. They did add ranking I see, and I'm #1 trainer on the server (Artisan 3) which is a little satisfying to see. I need something to stay interested though, and it's not happening.

Edited by Azazel

I keep searching for a wild T5. It's been months since the patch notes said they were added, and I have yet to see one T5J. I have found some random posts on the interwebs saying people have caught them...but not a single screen shot to back that up. Can anyone actually confirm they are in the game? Because after the T8 debacle I would not be surprised if they aren't actually in. 

I've never seen a wild T5, but I no longer catch horses, I'm just breeding and selling T7s.

I tried to quit, but it turns out they hooked me with the ranking. I am now interested in keeping my #1 ranking. The rift bosses are also kind of fun to defeat and I am averaging about 20M per boss on the loot. I am also farming and hold a top 10 there. I haven't counted how many special strawberries I have stored waiting for alchemy stones. I also have a ton of farming by products if they ever implement T9s.

What I'd really like to figure out next is how training exp works. I know catching one horse is equivalent training exp to leveling a horse several levels, but I don't understand how many points you get (for example) leveling a T7 from 29 to 30 vs. leveling a T1 from 1 to 2.  Leveling the T7s up for breeding and sale is a slow process and training exp just creeps along at Artisan 3 level a percentage point or two per day. I did take four T3/T4s that I had stored and leveled them up to 15 for imperial horse trading and that seemed to give me more training exp than I would have gotten from continuing to level T7s.