dragonsbane4381@gmail.com

Seperate PVE and PVP SERVERS

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Deathz Angel said:

Weird if the game is PvP centered then common sense would tell you there should be daily?,guild,and story centered PvP quests. Oh wait that's right this is pve game with PvP aspects but forces you to accept it at 50 or be punished and have to stay 49, wow they never mentioned that in the trailer. You pvpers really are not educated you just accept any ol crap companies just throw at you. Go back to school kiddo, i been gaming since before you were born, you're not going to change my mind but it's funny to watch you pvpers get bent over non forced PvP but you clearly would still have rbf,nodewars,sieges, shadow arena. Next.

Get butthurt much? You can huff and puff all you want it's not gonna happen kid. Next

4 minutes ago, traceywashere said:

Why can't a suggestion just be thrown out there? Jeez. You vocal PvP or leave-rs really do come off pretty dang salty. 

You never know, the console demographic is probably a whole lot different than the PC's. You never know, PA might listen. They might look at stats -- how many toons never get to 50. How many toons within a family aren't played again after hitting 50. How many of them stop playing the game totally. How many spent real money in the game? Potential lost revenue might matter to them. Numbers won't lie.

No one's asking for the PvP to go away. No one's asking for the game to be entirely changed. There already exists a "PvP" designation on servers - why? 

Take a breath, other people have other opinions and they're all worth hearing. 

Yes they are but not when the person making the suggestion attacks everyone who disagrees. Facts wont change and the games not gonna change either 

Edited by Carnaea
Edit

18 hours ago, Carnaea said:

Get butthurt much? You can huff and puff all you want it's not gonna happen kid. Next

Yes they are but not when the person making the suggestion attacks everyone who disagrees. Facts wont change and the games not gonna change either 

You truly are ignorant son, im not going away and i won't pvp. They will change it this is not pc, its not the same otherwise you would be able to transfer your pc account to xbox lol hence it is different. Your words don't effect me nor deter me in the slightest. Defending my stance as always. Non PvP for lyfe.

• Like 1

Heres the question...does the main quest line force you to participate in pvp...not level up to 50 and beyond, but actively pvp to complete a quest?  I see sooooooo much PvE stuff and the main quest line for me thus far has been PvE.   I think anyone calling this a PvP game is deluding themselves. To me, at least, it’s a PvE grinder with open world pvp elements and events. Maybe I haven’t gotten to the pvp black spirit quest yet?

17 hours ago, Hardcore said:

Heres the question...does the main quest line force you to participate in pvp...not level up to 50 and beyond, but actively pvp to complete a quest?  I see sooooooo much PvE stuff and the main quest line for me thus far has been PvE.   I think anyone calling this a PvP game is deluding themselves. To me, at least, it’s a PvE grinder with open world pvp elements and events. Maybe I haven’t gotten to the pvp black spirit quest yet?

Quest is at 50 you have to consume item it gives you and boom 50 you can be attacked by others. See in chat all the time people getting killed while in menu, gathering, running from town to town, ect...... They should just leave the PvP off unless you want to turn it on. Ability to attack people when they don't want to PvP is dumb, unwanted, and needs to be changed. There is no pvp quests in the game not even PvP guild quests, just rbf and node/siege wars, shadow arena eventually.

The only PvE things that you can do is do world boss, field boss and do nothing but grind all day on mobs without worrying about dying. There are no dungeons, there are no raids. Just grinding. So imagine a PvE server with nothing but grinding endlessly. 

or

You can have all of those things including PvP with the extra thrill of knowing someone could possibly gank you "just because" or whatever their reason may be is much more fun. The game has been on the PC for 3 years and not once have they added PvE servers. 3 years is a very long time and it not being added should tell people something. To be honest there are NOT many open world MMORPG games that have open world PvP in it. So there is also that. This game was made with pvp in mind and I believe it will stay that way. I'm not that strong as a player but I do fight for my life and either I win or lose it will still be a fun experience. 

Not everyone is ok with forced PvP, they need it gone, game is still very fun without PvP, im for pve server and will continue to fight for its implementation.

6 hours ago, PandaKittenFace said:

people not ok with pvp in a pvp game should not play a pvp game.

YOU TELL UM. THIS IS A PVP GAME. You aint gettin no pve servers 

It's mainly a PvE game with some PvP game modes (even one PvP game mode was removed on PC).I can PvE without doing PvP content but can i PvP without doing PvE content ?

And as i said PvP isn't a problem,it's easily skipable.No need of PvE servers.

But "friendly fire" shouldn't be mandatory.It's not even a part of PvP,no rewards,consequences,just annoying,useless and pointless.It makes no sense.If it was a survival game where you can kill and loot,why not.But Black Desert is far from being a survival game.

Just give the possibility to disable " friendly fire".That's all.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm curious where Pearl Abyss actually says it's solely/mainly/only purpose in becoming your true self a PvP game. All'a'y'all people that scream and yell that it's only purpose is pvp -- does that come from PA? or does it come from you? (honest question)

Interestingly enough ... the overview from the PA site doesn't even mention it ....

Oh, and why is there even a 'PvP' designation for servers (not that I've ever actually seen it used) -- maybe a PCer will know

aboutBDX.png

server change.png

2 hours ago, Quantum said:

It's mainly a PvE game with some PvP game modes (even one PvP game mode was removed on PC).I can PvE without doing PvP content but can i PvP without doing PvE content ?

And as i said PvP isn't a problem,it's easily skipable.No need of PvE servers.

But "friendly fire" shouldn't be mandatory.It's not even a part of PvP,no rewards,consequences,just annoying,useless and pointless.It makes no sense.If it was a survival game where you can kill and loot,why not.But Black Desert is far from being a survival game.

Just give the possibility to disable " friendly fire".That's all.

This is what i would settle for " disable pk ability unless both flag intentionally" i would be happy with that.

4 hours ago, traceywashere said:

I'm curious where Pearl Abyss actually says it's solely/mainly/only purpose in becoming your true self a PvP game. All'a'y'all people that scream and yell that it's only purpose is pvp -- does that come from PA? or does it come from you? (honest question)

Interestingly enough ... the overview from the PA site doesn't even mention it ....

Oh, and why is there even a 'PvP' designation for servers (not that I've ever actually seen it used) -- maybe a PCer will know

aboutBDX.png

server change.png

PvP server is something to come. PvP everywhere, and the server has 50% more drops :)

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

PvP server is something to come. PvP everywhere, and the server has 50% more drops :)

oh ... like ... even at level 1? 😮

On 4/30/2019 at 4:28 PM, Vanille said:

The only PvE things that you can do is do world boss, field boss and do nothing but grind all day on mobs without worrying about dying. There are no dungeons, there are no raids. Just grinding.

What?!?  There are so many quests...I am at a loss for words. PvE quests outnumber PvP quests ♾:0. 

Hes trolling. PvP servers have no karma loss. Thats all. You van flag you freely and murder anyone for the freee

On 4/30/2019 at 1:09 PM, Deathz Angel said:

Quest is at 50 you have to consume item it gives you and boom 50 you can be attacked by others.

No, I know that. It’s a quest that allows you to enable pvp. Sub-50 you can’t pvp outside of arena. I’m questioning if there is ever a main storyline quest that tells you to go kill 100 players or something.

If it’s a ‘pvp game’ surely the main quest line incorporates pvp somewhere. The level 50 quest isn’t even part of the story arc...just hey you hit 50, the possibility of  open world pvp is required to progress further.  

1 hour ago, Hardcore said:

No, I know that. It’s a quest that allows you to enable pvp. Sub-50 you can’t pvp outside of arena. I’m questioning if there is ever a main storyline quest that tells you to go kill 100 players or something.

If it’s a ‘pvp game’ surely the main quest line incorporates pvp somewhere. The level 50 quest isn’t even part of the story arc...just hey you hit 50, the possibility of  open world pvp is required to progress further.  

Oh i see, no quest like that in the game that i have found anywhere.

16 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

Oh i see, no quest like that in the game that i have found anywhere.

You'll see it pop up when you hit 48 or 49 :)

29 minutes ago, traceywashere said:

You'll see it pop up when you hit 48 or 49 :)

Lol no read the above post by hardcore bro, he asked about any quest that asks for you to kill other players in which i responded no.

8 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

Lol no read the above post by hardcore bro, he asked about any quest that asks for you to kill other players in which i responded no.

Ooh! My bad. That makes better sense now. 😁

Now that I think about it, it is a little odd that there not a quest to do something PvP. Like an arena match ... Or maybe a "go kill someone AFK and recover all your karma" quest .... LOL

5 hours ago, traceywashere said:

Ooh! My bad. That makes better sense now. 😁

Now that I think about it, it is a little odd that there not a quest to do something PvP. Like an arena match ... Or maybe a "go kill someone AFK and recover all your karma" quest .... LOL

Go kill people for 20 minutes and get 200 energy is a quest? 

On 5/1/2019 at 10:49 AM, traceywashere said:

aboutBDX.png

server change.png

Thats not a serious question... theres literally nothing to do in the game other then pvp besides run in circles and afk.. the fact that you cant do anything without being pvped outside of town shows you the game it is. 

Oh and that quest, they move it outta the main quest line. Use to when you killed that boss at catfish that was your become 50 main story. They moved it out and made it an item so it could be done at any time. 

Dont know why ppl debate if its a PvE or PvP game, as long as the publishers dont Label it its non of both. 

Still it is BDO where (open World) PvP plays a role. Its been like this for 3 years on PC (NA/EU) and even longer for KR. 

Chances are very poor they gonna change it. 

100% the game would die if they made the changes few of you want, because it then would be just another mmo like there are thousands already (most of them ded, guess why?) 

Some other guy above said something they will Look at numbers like toons Level and stuff, which is absolutely pointless since almost every Player will have one Main character and bunch of toons which only exist for energy, which are only leveled to 55 for rewards or 56 for combat fame. Ofc i dont buy costume and char slots for my night vendor/worker reroll toons lul i dont know what else to say... 

2 hours ago, waky said:

because it then would be just another mmo like there are thousands already

Name 5 on Xbox .... I can think of 3 .. and one is questionable to call an MMO

13 minutes ago, traceywashere said:

Name 5 on Xbox .... I can think of 3 .. and one is questionable to call an MMO

Yea sorry there are fewer on xbox but platform doesnt matter, even the 3 u think of are ded already and thousands of PvE mmos died already on PC. 

Bdo never changed on PC and it won't for xbox as the majority likes it the way it is. 

1 hour ago, waky said:

Yea sorry there are fewer on xbox but platform doesnt matter, even the 3 u think of are ded already and thousands of PvE mmos died already on PC. 

Bdo never changed on PC and it won't for xbox as the majority likes it the way it is. 

HAHAHAHAHA ... so you think if open world PvP were on NW and ESO and Tera that they'd be not dead (to you)??? Perhaps those games seem dead because of ... oh, no new content .. or .. oh , wait .. glitchiness? PvP is not a sole savior of MMOs. 

And, y'all think that people here don't want PvP at all ... no one has said as such. Clearly the karma system isn't strong enough of a deterrent to offset people pk'ing someone afk or lifeskilling. All you need is a few hours of grinding and it's gone. And, oh, wait, this game is pretty much nothing but grinding - so, no real loss. Not only that, but there are times it's actually advantageous to have guards kill you - and ppl on the road are more plentiful than horses.

D-bag pk'ers (probably like you) are what add to the un-fun unsportsman-like aspect of this game. Why else would you defend it so hard? hmmmmm

There is a time and place for everything. Ppl here don't want NO PvP. 

Not sure why y'all are so threatened by the aspect of some sort of PvP protection (like when lifeskilling). Hmmmmm ... wonder WHY. Y'all are transparent.