lancia12

PKing is so stupid in this game

Seriously, what is the point?  It's always the same...some high level, high geared, d-bag preys on new 50s in grinding locations, waits for when you are grinding 20 guys and attacks you from behind.  1/2 health in .5 seconds.  I don't even really understand the rules even though I've read them countless times.  Sometimes I think I lose crystals and xp and other times I lose nothing.  Meanwhile, the attacker gains ZERO and only has something to lose (albeit minor).  Now, losing crystals is no big deal and while I don't just kill people, I've read that gaining back lost karma is no big deal as well.  So there is nothing to gain, nothing to lose so is it just there to satisfy the desire to grief someone?  I just don't get it.

I get node wars, guild wars, etc.  That is more or less consensual and there is something to gain/lose over it.  But just allowing griefing for the sake of griefing seems stupid to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lancia12 said:

Seriously, what is the point?  It's always the same...some high level, high geared, d-bag preys on new 50s in grinding locations, waits for when you are grinding 20 guys and attacks you from behind.  1/2 health in .5 seconds.  I don't even really understand the rules even though I've read them countless times.  Sometimes I think I lose crystals and xp and other times I lose nothing.  Meanwhile, the attacker gains ZERO and only has something to lose (albeit minor).  Now, losing crystals is no big deal and while I don't just kill people, I've read that gaining back lost karma is no big deal as well.  So there is nothing to gain, nothing to lose so is it just there to satisfy the desire to grief someone?  I just don't get it.

I get node wars, guild wars, etc.  That is more or less consensual and there is something to gain/lose over it.  But just allowing griefing for the sake of griefing seems stupid to me.

You must have just got pked lol

• Like 1

Um...yea...that's why I'm posting it.  It happens constantly.  While running from location to location, while turning in quests with npcs, while grinding.  Always the same.  It's a complete nuisance.  "You were unfairly killed by XXXXX".  You get that message when someone who is significantly higher than you kills you.  No amount of skill matters at this point.  It's all about gear.  Is this some way to measure the length of your epeen or what?  Killing someone that has zero chance to kill you doesn't interest me.  It's not a challenge, it's not fun, and I'm not a d-bag so I don't get jollies off of being a nuisance.  Regardless, what is the point outside of griefing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lancia12 said:

Um...yea...that's why I'm posting it.  It happens constantly.  While running from location to location, while turning in quests with npcs, while grinding.  Always the same.  It's a complete nuisance.  "You were unfairly killed by XXXXX".  You get that message when someone who is significantly higher than you kills you.  No amount of skill matters at this point.  It's all about gear.  Is this some way to measure the length of your epeen or what?  Killing someone that has zero chance to kill you doesn't interest me.  It's not a challenge, it's not fun, and I'm not a d-bag so I don't get jollies off of being a nuisance.  Regardless, what is the point outside of griefing?

For own laughs for me. I dont know why people think because your doing quest or afk running you are safe. Once your over level 50 nobody stops to ask," hey what level are you? What is your gear? I would like to pk you. You just flag they either drop or you drop and you move on.

I assure you, very few actual “high” geared player are preying on low geared 50s in early areas. Also I’m pretty sure it was confirmed you don’t lose anything when you die in PvP? Not sure how you’re losing crystals, they changed it for console.

Usually this happens because newer players don’t realize that people will attack over their grinding spot, and will also fight for a spot they want. Simply swap servers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Anyone said:

I assure you, very few actual “high” geared player are preying on low geared 50s in early areas. Also I’m pretty sure it was confirmed you don’t lose anything when you die in PvP? Not sure how you’re losing crystals, they changed it for console.

Usually this happens because newer players don’t realize that people will attack over their grinding spot, and will also fight for a spot they want. Simply swap servers.

Somebody gets it. I dont know how many times i been grinding and lap back around to see the mobs gone lol. I dont ask questions first person i see i flag and repeat if they keel coming back. Think i have spent more money on tears of repentance over artisan memories. I can't wait for arsha server to arrive.

2 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

For own laughs for me. I dont know why people think because your doing quest or afk running you are safe. Once your over level 50 nobody stops to ask," hey what level are you? What is your gear? I would like to pk you. You just flag they either drop or you drop and you move on.

Ok..so griefing is your thing and the game has a built in mechanic that rewards people for griefing.  That's what I thought.  Here's the thing, I don't play the game for YOUR enjoyment.  I really don't care about your enjoyment at all and while I think it is a complete waste of time I will continue to play regardless.  But I can tell you that it turns off LOADS of people on Xbox.  I played on the PC and it is a bit more hard core.  My experience on xbox is that people are much less tolerant of the stuff that goes on in this game.  I have a number of friends that have already stopped playing.  My son and his friends have zero interest which I really don't mind because of how toxic the community and chat have gotten.  The success of this game requires money.  Less people playing = less money which means less updates for everyone.  I can tell you that my behavior or actions in the game will cause zero people to leave.  you may think it's funny if you grief someone and they end up leaving but that is a problem for everyone.  My guess is that they are going to have to address this differently on the xbox vs the pc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, lancia12 said:

Ok..so griefing is your thing and the game has a built in mechanic that rewards people for griefing.  That's what I thought.  Here's the thing, I don't play the game for YOUR enjoyment.  I really don't care about your enjoyment at all and while I think it is a complete waste of time I will continue to play regardless.  But I can tell you that it turns off LOADS of people on Xbox.  I played on the PC and it is a bit more hard core.  My experience on xbox is that people are much less tolerant of the stuff that goes on in this game.  I have a number of friends that have already stopped playing.  My son and his friends have zero interest which I really don't mind because of how toxic the community and chat have gotten.  The success of this game requires money.  Less people playing = less money which means less updates for everyone.  I can tell you that my behavior or actions in the game will cause zero people to leave.  you may think it's funny if you grief someone and they end up leaving but that is a problem for everyone.  My guess is that they are going to have to address this differently on the xbox vs the pc.

Seems to me like you just need to grow a backbone and stop whining. 

• Like 2

Just now, Shanath said:

Seems to me like you just need to grow a backbone and stop whining. 

Plenty backbone.  When someone kills me I just chase them and try to take all their kills.  They are totally free to kill me again.  Means nothing to me and doesn't cost me a thing.  They will continue to lose karma.  No sweat.  My point is that it is stupid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, lancia12 said:

This is the whole point of "open world" PvP. It can happen just about anywhere. 

IF you lose exp or crystals during PvP - you are 1) Negative Karma and died or 2) you are positive karma and died to a Mob while in PvP

The attacker gains nothing you are correct, you can "stick" it to him keep coming back and prove nothing other than you are stubborn and lost the spot or you change channels and resume your grind and move on. 

On PC in the beginning you use to lose EXP if you died in PvP as a penalty for dieing in "forced PvP" but too many complained because they would lose 1% every death not giving up. (keep in mind this didn't apply to guild wars or node/conquest wars) Obviously people are to soft skin and later when 1% takes 4-6 hours to get this is a little harsh. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

This is the whole point of "open world" PvP. It can happen just about anywhere. 

IF you lose exp or crystals during PvP - you are 1) Negative Karma and died or 2) you are positive karma and died to a Mob while in PvP

The attacker gains nothing you are correct, you can "stick" it to him keep coming back and prove nothing other than you are stubborn and lost the spot or you change channels and resume your grind and move on. 

On PC in the beginning you use to lose EXP if you died in PvP as a penalty for dieing in "forced PvP" but too many complained because they would lose 1% every death not giving up. (keep in mind this didn't apply to guild wars or node/conquest wars) Obviously people are to soft skin and later when 1% takes 4-6 hours to get this is a little harsh. 

This is my point....that there is no point.  I can keep coming back and they can keep killing me for what purpose and to what end?  The amount of time and energy wasted is just not worth it either way.  Just move on.  There are literally thousands of mobs to grind.  When someone is in an area...I move on because I try to be respectful. If you ever do cross paths with someone's loop...big deal.  You literally take 5 steps and there is another group.  In smaller areas people claim sections...I get it.  But large open areas like helms, bandits, or manes...it just stupid and pointless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lancia12 said:

This is my point....that there is no point.  I can keep coming back and they can keep killing me for what purpose and to what end?  The amount of time and energy wasted is just not worth it either way.  Just move on.  There are literally thousands of mobs to grind.  When someone is in an area...I move on because I try to be respectful. If you ever do cross paths with someone's loop...big deal.  You literally take 5 steps and there is another group.  In smaller areas people claim sections...I get it.  But large open areas like helms, bandits, or manes...it just stupid and pointless.

you are right, the mentality of how we play this game is completely different from how Koreans play it. Sure you will see a random griefer but it's not rampant like it is on NA/EU. They would prefer to have an honorable fight than just blindside gank someone. Plus when you are pushing 580-600GS like most koreans, first knockdown wins that fight.

I can't sympathise with you, and this is why. I've only ever been attacked by another player once, and yes, it was because I was messing up his Hexe Sanctuary grind. I just moved to a different part of the sanctuary, and he left me alone. I've still yet to die to pvp, so it seems to me that people on your server are just a lot more childish than people on mine. 

You are right though, you literally lose nothing. It's a nuisance, nothing more. If they want to be denied access to cities, they can have at it 😂

42 minutes ago, lancia12 said:

Haha bye bye weed out the weak game will always make money. I could careless what you play for. Bdo no rules do as you please cant deal with then stay in the safe zone and rage in chat. Since when did you enjoyment become my problem. Flagging is fun rather you like it or not. Win some lose some just respawn.

Just now, Yiazzy said:

I can't sympathise with you, and this is why. I've only ever been attacked by another player once, and yes, it was because I was messing up his Hexe Sanctuary grind. I just moved to a different part of the sanctuary, and he left me alone. I've still yet to die to pvp, so it seems to me that people on your server are just a lot more childish than people on mine. 

You are right though, you literally lose nothing. It's a nuisance, nothing more. If they want to be denied access to cities, they can have at it 😂

which carebear server are you playing on? O.o sure i don't get into a lot of fights during off hours but prime time. If i don't get flagged on once a week or flag up somethings wrong. 

1 hour ago, lancia12 said:

Let’s be honest here. OP think about other games you playyed  that had PvP.

Isn’t this game the most carebear PvP you’ve seen in a game that advertises it’s end game as PvP. 

- The PvP has no risks other than some weak Karma system easily mitigated by grinding monsters(shocker)

- The PvP combat is nothing more than grabs and stunlocks along with a giant mess of screen particles.

- The battlefields are comical. Were these test areas that just ended up slipping into the game?

- The node (n conquest) wars and guild wars are Guild only in what is really a solo based MMO. Where did that make sense? ‘Be your true self’ unless you want to PvP...then join a serious war guild that requires a gear score 

So just take a breath and realize, this MMOs PvP doesn’t hold a candle to WoW or ESO. Sure the combat in BDO is cool, but in pvp...it”s nothing but grab>stunlock>mess visual effects. Just laugh it off, cause it ain’t all that.

1 minute ago, Hulkksmash said:

Its the point of a pvp game ...? 

Suck it up buttercup. Like really 

Buttercup haha i like that one going to start using it

• Like 1

Firstly, it isn't a pvp game. It's a game with PvP elements, yes. But that's not the be all and end all of the game.

Gathering/Processing? Not pvp

Horse training? Not pvp

Fishing? Not pvp. More pvf. 

Trading? Not pvp

Business empire building? Not pvp

And as you all well know, there's plenty of other things to do that aren't pvp, and have no impact on pvp. So, pvp is what, like 5% of the game and you still call it a pvp game? Okay then. 😏

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Yiazzy said:

Firstly, it isn't a pvp game. It's a game with PvP elements, yes. But that's not the be all and end all of the game.

Gathering/Processing? Not pvp

Horse training? Not pvp

Fishing? Not pvp. More pvf. 

Trading? Not pvp

Business empire building? Not pvp

And as you all well know, there's plenty of other things to do that aren't pvp, and have no impact on pvp. So, pvp is what, like 5% of the game and you still call it a pvp game? Okay then. 😏

Pvp game meh all those things you listed can get you clapped unless you stay in the safe zone or stay lvl 49 like a wimp

Edited by Bnews757

3 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Pvp game meh all those things you listed can get you clapped unless you stay in the safe zone or stay lvl 49 like a wimp

No, only if the person trying to force pvp is an idiot. 

And I've never been, er..."clapped", only basic attacked the once to leave someone's farm zone. 

And guess what I never do? That's right, I never pvp. Don't need to, don't want to. 

20 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

No, only if the person trying to force pvp is an idiot. 

And I've never been, er..."clapped", only basic attacked the once to leave someone's farm zone. 

And guess what I never do? That's right, I never pvp. Don't need to, don't want to. 

Cool story but nothing is more satisfying than killing a person afk farming outside of safe zone lol. The satisfaction of knowing they will come back and be like "wtf" is worth farming the karma back. Horse trainers and people that fish outside safe zones think its sweet in the bdo streets lol

3 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Cool story but nothing is more satisfying than killing a person afk farming outside of safe zone lol. The satisfaction of knowing they will come back and be like "wtf" is worth farming the karma back. Horse trainers and people that fish outside safe zones think its sweet in the bdo streets lol

You legitimately think that we'd be like "wtf"? 

Don't flatter yourselves. If I was afk fishing, and got killed whilst doing it, I'd either just continue on, or be able to technically warp closer to where I'm selling. Doesn't hurt me at all

10 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

You legitimately think that we'd be like "wtf"? 

Don't flatter yourselves. If I was afk fishing, and got killed whilst doing it, I'd either just continue on, or be able to technically warp closer to where I'm selling. Doesn't hurt me at all

Cool 👌🏿👌🏿