lancia12

PKing is so stupid in this game

16 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

You legitimately think that we'd be like "wtf"? 

Don't flatter yourselves. If I was afk fishing, and got killed whilst doing it, I'd either just continue on, or be able to technically warp closer to where I'm selling. Doesn't hurt me at all

Do you actually afk while staring at the xbox haha. You know afk usually means you will be away from computer for a while. So means you planned to have fish once you get done doing whatever but if you die that cant be completed. You must be knew the gaming sigh.

17 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Do you actually afk while staring at the xbox haha. You know afk usually means you will be away from keyboard for a while. So means you planned to have fish once you get done doing whatever but if you die that cant be completed. You must be knew the gaming sigh.

Psst...fixed it for you. Carry on...🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Do you actually afk while staring at the xbox haha. You know afk usually means you will be away from computer for a while. So means you planned to have fish once you get done doing whatever but if you die that cant be completed. You must be knew the gaming sigh.

Are you mentally impaired? I know full well that I have to wait less than 3 minutes to get a catch....and then it casts again. 

I afk fish when I go to the shops, or have a bath, dinner etc etc.... 

So, unless someone stalks me from a safe zone to my fishing spots, and kills me within 30 seconds of me casting that line, yes, I'm gonna have fish. And let's face it, no-one is that sad, nor unfortunately are they that organised. 

*New. Yiazzy is my Gamertag too, check my profile. Know that I have a PS4 as well. Same PSN name. Check if you like, I've almost certainly been playing games since before you were born. 

Just now, Uberkull said:

Psst...fixed it for you. Carry on...🙂

Love how you missed the "Knew to gaming" 🙄

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

Are you mentally impaired? I know full well that I have to wait less than 3 minutes to get a catch....and then it casts again. 

So, unless someone stalks me from a safe zone to my fishing spots, and kills me within 30 seconds of me casting that line, yes, I'm gonna have fish. And let's face it, no-one is that sad, nor unfortunately are they that organised. 

*New. Yiazzy is my Gamertag too, check my profile. Know that I have a PS4 as well. Same PSN name. Check if you like, I've almost certainly been playing games since before you were born. 

Aww thats so cute and you must be old as dust considering im 36 lol

Edited by Bnews757

4 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Well, in the interest of taking people at their word, my comment was wrong. I'm 28. 

Nevertheless, I notice you had no retort to the rest of the post. 

47 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

Dude...in one day, you are buring yourself with this small bunch of forum peeps. But please...proceed.

1 hour ago, Bnews757 said:

If you have noticed that this game has several vocal people like this, the typical troll in the basement who sticks to the 1 definition that suits him and calls it law.

The penalty now for pvp is time and luckily there are so few people doing it right now, outside of node wars its dying. The ones who pvp are actually looking for gankers most of the time just for fun just to get open world pvp.

1 hour ago, Doktar said:

If you have noticed that this game has several vocal people like this, the typical troll in the basement who sticks to the 1 definition that suits him and calls it law.

The penalty now for pvp is time and luckily there are so few people doing it right now, outside of node wars its dying. The ones who pvp are actually looking for gankers most of the time just for fun just to get open world pvp.

So few doing it haha what game are you playing. Pvp heavy sausans and might some action at helms. He said its dying hahah

9 hours ago, Uberkull said:

Dude...in one day, you are buring yourself with this small bunch of forum peeps. But please...proceed.

Buring? Assuming you meant to type, "Burying", I'd ask how? 

By being logical, honest and not blindly hating the game like you? 

Please sir, I so desperately need the approval of Internet trolls, teach me your so very tough "I don't care about anyone's opinion" act. 

As if. 

this needs a Cyrodil type of area imo PvP is boring on this compared to ESO etc red battleground is depressing as soon as you see it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bnews757 said:

So few doing it haha what game are you playing. Pvp heavy sausans and might some action at helms. He said its dying hahah

Change servers and see.

I did a 2 hour grind in sausans couple days ago and didn't see a soul. But who is up at midnight on a weekend.

So your saying I can avoid 1 or 2 areas.in this huge world and not pvp.

Sounds like I am right. High end dueling over loot/grind spots is the only pvp outside of gankers. 

90% wont see those areas outside of a quest, yet you insist on telling the 90 % to quit or get gud. You really dont understand how the game works.

But i supportable your right to say that and stand by mine. We shall part ways again here.

5 minutes ago, Doktar said:

Change servers and see.

I did a 2 hour grind in sausans couple days ago and didn't see a soul. But who is up at midnight on a weekend.

So your saying I can avoid 1 or 2 areas.in this huge world and not pvp.

Sounds like I am right. High end dueling over loot/grind spots is the only pvp outside of gankers. 

90% wont see those areas outside of a quest, yet you insist on telling the 90 % to quit or get gud. You really dont understand how the game works.

But i supportable your right to say that and stand by mine. We shall part ways again here.

90percent???? Um okkkk

58 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

90percent???? Um okkkk

If I was questing and killing 20 of these things and saw 2 or 3 people I would not stay outside that quest.

10% will join in. But most find something easier. Quest gear doesn't allow for very good sausans clearing.

Now, once.the next area shows up, more will move in as the high end moves on to the next area.

But for now. Most console people wont stress it, but I dont want them to quit in the mean time.

2 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

Buring? Assuming you meant to type, "Burying", I'd ask how? 

By being logical, honest and not blindly hating the game like you? 

Please sir, I so desperately need the approval of Internet trolls, teach me your so very tough "I don't care about anyone's opinion" act. 

As if. 

Yet you continue to target my posts. I’m just saying, watch yourself. Maybe stay off the bottle when posting,

As someone mentioned this isn't a PvP game.  EVE Online is probably the closest we get to a pure PvP MMO.  There are actually very few pure PvP games because it's a small minority of people that do it.  If there was a ton of money in it, every game would be PvP all the time.  But there isn't.  Dedicated PvP servers pale in comparison to dedicated PvE servers.  It's a niche market and all of you that get some level of satisfaction for griefing are an even smaller minority.  If the game wants to cater to an ultra small minority of people that get some strange thrill from messing with people they don't know so be it.  But I can tell you this will have a negative monetary impact on the XB1.  I'm already seeing it with my group of friends and my son's friends...friends that would traditionally engage in PvP.  They all say the same thing, it's just stupid and they rather not deal with it.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Bnews757 said:

Cool story but nothing is more satisfying than killing a person afk farming outside of safe zone lol. The satisfaction of knowing they will come back and be like "wtf" is worth farming the karma back. Horse trainers and people that fish outside safe zones think its sweet in the bdo streets lol

Edited by Orisha

21 hours ago, lancia12 said:

Seriously, what is the point?  It's always the same...some high level, high geared, d-bag preys on new 50s in grinding locations, waits for when you are grinding 20 guys and attacks you from behind.  1/2 health in .5 seconds.  I don't even really understand the rules even though I've read them countless times.  Sometimes I think I lose crystals and xp and other times I lose nothing.  Meanwhile, the attacker gains ZERO and only has something to lose (albeit minor).  Now, losing crystals is no big deal and while I don't just kill people, I've read that gaining back lost karma is no big deal as well.  So there is nothing to gain, nothing to lose so is it just there to satisfy the desire to grief someone?  I just don't get it.

I get node wars, guild wars, etc.  That is more or less consensual and there is something to gain/lose over it.  But just allowing griefing for the sake of griefing seems stupid to me.

Get into guild that will come and help you. Usually the lonely player killers will get stompd into ground and maybe someday they will learn something. And if they get some help it might even get interesting :)

20 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

Firstly, it isn't a pvp game. It's a game with PvP elements, yes. But that's not the be all and end all of the game.

Gathering/Processing? Not pvp

Horse training? Not pvp

Fishing? Not pvp. More pvf. 

Trading? Not pvp

Business empire building? Not pvp

And as you all well know, there's plenty of other things to do that aren't pvp, and have no impact on pvp. So, pvp is what, like 5% of the game and you still call it a pvp game? Okay then. 😏

Surely if the developers have said there end game is PvP focused and also that there proud to have a heavy PvP game to the point for years they have refused to add PvE servers on pc as it would negatively impact there own “Vision for the game” does that not make u think this is more of a PvP game ?? 

There are elements of both PvE and PvP but if people can’t deal with those PvP elements this may well not be the best mmo for them, as it’s never gonna chsnge so either embrace it accept it and live with it or stop moaning coz we have heard this argument and rant more than 99999999990009999838474727174 times now, and it’s kinda old  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Koromas said:

Surely if the developers have said there end game is PvP focused and also that there proud to have a heavy PvP game to the point for years they have refused to add PvE servers on pc as it would negatively impact there own “Vision for the game” does that not make u think this is more of a PvP game ?? 

There are elements of both PvE and PvP but if people can’t deal with those PvP elements this may well not be the best mmo for them, as it’s never gonna chsnge so either embrace it accept it and live with it or stop moaning coz we have heard this argument and rant more than 99999999990009999838474727174 times now, and it’s kinda old  

You said it best

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 10:39 PM, lancia12 said:

Ok..so griefing is your thing and the game has a built in mechanic that rewards people for griefing.  That's what I thought.  Here's the thing, I don't play the game for YOUR enjoyment.  I really don't care about your enjoyment at all and while I think it is a complete waste of time I will continue to play regardless.  But I can tell you that it turns off LOADS of people on Xbox.  I played on the PC and it is a bit more hard core.  My experience on xbox is that people are much less tolerant of the stuff that goes on in this game.  I have a number of friends that have already stopped playing.  My son and his friends have zero interest which I really don't mind because of how toxic the community and chat have gotten.  The success of this game requires money.  Less people playing = less money which means less updates for everyone.  I can tell you that my behavior or actions in the game will cause zero people to leave.  you may think it's funny if you grief someone and they end up leaving but that is a problem for everyone.  My guess is that they are going to have to address this differently on the xbox vs the pc.

this must be your first mmo

1 hour ago, Koromas said:

And yet still, I have a significant time spent playing this game, constantly finding new things to do, and I've never touched pvp activities once. How boring it would be to do the same thing, every time you log on... 

Ah well. Your lot's epeen measuring doesn't bother me at all, want to harass me in game on EU servers? Go for it, I really don't care because I have characters under level 50, and I will simply just switch to those and continue exactly what I was doing no issues. 

7 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

And yet still, I have a significant time spent playing this game, constantly finding new things to do, and I've never touched pvp activities once. How boring it would be to do the same thing, every time you log on... 

Ah well. Your lot's epeen measuring doesn't bother me at all, want to harass me in game on EU servers? Go for it, I really don't care because I have characters under level 50, and I will simply just switch to those and continue exactly what I was doing no issues. 

There wasn’t really any need for a hostile response was there ? I was only stating facts, there are tons of aspects of this game and pvp is a big one, my point is people need to stop crying about the PvP elements!! 

15 minutes ago, Koromas said:

There wasn’t really any need for a hostile response was there ? I was only stating facts, there are tons of aspects of this game and pvp is a big one, my point is people need to stop crying about the PvP elements!! 

Crying, yes, I agree they need to stop. Clearly they should adopt my attitude towards being pk-ed, just carry on doing whatever you're doing and get on a non-lv50 alt if it's such an issue. 

I didn't intend to come off as hostile, apologies if it was read in such a manner. 

21 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

Crying, yes, I agree they need to stop. Clearly they should adopt my attitude towards being pk-ed, just carry on doing whatever you're doing and get on a non-lv50 alt if it's such an issue. 

I didn't intend to come off as hostile, apologies if it was read in such a manner. 

That’s cool man no hard feelings, just get so fed up of every 5 mins someone else is crying about something 🤣🤣

Posted (edited)

You are all missing the ENTIRE point.  You think this is some rant about PvP....it isn't.  It's that PKing is stupid and pointless.  There is no reward OTHER than griefing.  That as a game mechanic it is a really BAD design.  They either need to go one direction or the other but what we have is a system that has virtually no consequences for anyone....so what is the point?  Let's say I make this really awesome car that has a big red button that isn't labeled and every time you push it, the car stalls out and makes a big fart noise.  Why design that element of the car as it serves no purpose?  Sure...5% think the fart noise is hilarious but the other 95% are just scratching their heads because they won't ever push that button because it's pointless.  This is what PKing is in the game.  It serves as amusement for a very small minority of people and is useless to everyone else.  This is something entirely different than PvP.

Edited by lancia12