Jump to content
lancia12

PKing is so stupid in this game

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, lancia12 said:

You are all missing the ENTIRE point.  You think this is some rant about PvP....it isn't.  It's that PKing is stupid and pointless.  There is no reward OTHER than griefing.  That as a game mechanic it is a really BAD design.  They either need to go one direction or the other but what we have is a system that has virtually no consequences for anyone....so what is the point?  Let's say I make this really awesome car that has a big red button that isn't labeled and every time you push it, the car stalls out and makes a big fart noise.  Why design that element of the car as it serves no purpose?  Sure...5% think the fart noise is hilarious but the other 95% are just scratching their heads because they won't ever push that button because it's pointless.  This is what PKing is in the game.  It serves as amusement for a very small minority of people and is useless to everyone else.  This is something entirely different than PvP.

Pking is life some of us enjoy it even if it serves no purpose sometimes getting a good laugh goes a long way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 8:44 PM, Bnews757 said:

Cool story but nothing is more satisfying than killing a person afk farming outside of safe zone lol. The satisfaction of knowing they will come back and be like "wtf" is worth farming the karma back. Horse trainers and people that fish outside safe zones think its sweet in the bdo streets lol

You are a weirdo for even thinking like this and everyone who acts like this in the game you guys show your emotions by killing random strangers cause you really hate yourself . Deep stuff  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 4:26 PM, Anyone said:

I assure you, very few actual “high” geared player are preying on low geared 50s in early areas. Also I’m pretty sure it was confirmed you don’t lose anything when you die in PvP? Not sure how you’re losing crystals, they changed it for console.

Usually this happens because newer players don’t realize that people will attack over their grinding spot, and will also fight for a spot they want. Simply swap servers.

Nah you still lose crystals when pked 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Xcidis said:

You are a weirdo for even thinking like this and everyone who acts like this in the game you guys show your emotions by killing random strangers cause you really hate yourself . Deep stuff  

Its a game not real life get some tissue and wipe the tears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 12:10 AM, lancia12 said:

Seriously, what is the point?  It's always the same...some high level, high geared, d-bag preys on new 50s in grinding locations, waits for when you are grinding 20 guys and attacks you from behind.  1/2 health in .5 seconds.  I don't even really understand the rules even though I've read them countless times.  Sometimes I think I lose crystals and xp and other times I lose nothing.  Meanwhile, the attacker gains ZERO and only has something to lose (albeit minor).  Now, losing crystals is no big deal and while I don't just kill people, I've read that gaining back lost karma is no big deal as well.  So there is nothing to gain, nothing to lose so is it just there to satisfy the desire to grief someone?  I just don't get it.

I get node wars, guild wars, etc.  That is more or less consensual and there is something to gain/lose over it.  But just allowing griefing for the sake of griefing seems stupid to me.

There are some rules in place.

If they want the spot they should ask for a duel.

If u win said duel you keep the spot and vice versa.

If they engage without warning simply contact that persons guild officer and report the player for being the bane of human existence. You can also ask your guild to dec said guild and ask for backup from ur guild.

If the other person has no guild then its freegame and your only option is to have hunting parties looking for that dude making his life a living hell.

If you're not in a pvp guild, join one and git gud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

There are some rules in place.

If they want the spot they should ask for a duel.

If u win said duel you keep the spot and vice versa.

If they engage without warning simply contact that persons guild officer and report the player for being the bane of human existence. You can also ask your guild to dec said guild and ask for backup from ur guild.

If the other person has no guild then its freegame and your only option is to have hunting parties looking for that dude making his life a living hell.

If you're not in a pvp guild, join one and git gud.

On pc it was easy to type real fast and ask for groups but to be honest if some one came up and ask to duel at helms or sausans i would laugh and probably try and kill them. At spots in valencia i can see it but i usually ignore people that ask for duels and keep farming they can swap channels or flag up. If they win that way i will take my L and move on lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Uberkull said:

Yet you continue to target my posts. I’m just saying, watch yourself. Maybe stay off the bottle when posting,

Watch myself? Why, what is a hateful, bitter, self involved NA player going to do? Change his xbox location, and make a bunch of pixels on my screen represent a dead character? 

I'M TERRIFIED. 😂

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, x22 said:

Nah you still lose crystals when pked 

 

And fresh fish. I think...I was AFK for 48 hours, they may have expired, BUT, I read that fish get destroyed and there is a chance the dead will drop loot items. They were certainly shown as being destroyed on the big red you dead screen. 

I was on a rowboat in,what I thought was, middle of nowhere too. Lol, it’s all good. Since then I’ve run into several reds that haven’t attacked me, which totally confirms: if you get AFK killed, it was by a douchebag. Enjoy! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2019 at 11:39 PM, lancia12 said:

Ok..so griefing is your thing and the game has a built in mechanic that rewards people for griefing.  That's what I thought.  Here's the thing, I don't play the game for YOUR enjoyment.  I really don't care about your enjoyment at all and while I think it is a complete waste of time I will continue to play regardless.  But I can tell you that it turns off LOADS of people on Xbox.  I played on the PC and it is a bit more hard core.  My experience on xbox is that people are much less tolerant of the stuff that goes on in this game.  I have a number of friends that have already stopped playing.  My son and his friends have zero interest which I really don't mind because of how toxic the community and chat have gotten.  The success of this game requires money.  Less people playing = less money which means less updates for everyone.  I can tell you that my behavior or actions in the game will cause zero people to leave.  you may think it's funny if you grief someone and they end up leaving but that is a problem for everyone.  My guess is that they are going to have to address this differently on the xbox vs the pc.

everytime someone comes into the forums whining about pvp in a pvp game, they inevitably try to pull the "YOU BETTER CHANGE THE GAME OR I AND ALL MY CAREBEAR FRIENDS WILL LEAVE" card, when they 1) obviously won't leave because they care enough to spend time arguing about it on the forums and 2) somehow ignore the fact that PA is literally pulling in billions from what is one of the most profitable games on the market today. They have so much money they paid half a billion *cash* for CCP, but you think they're losing sleep over your value pack? get real man.

edit : also forgot the basically mandatory misrepresentation of how / why / how often pvp actually happens, not knowing basic stuff like crystals don't break from positive karma pvp, misinterpreting game messages thinking that 'unfairly' means someone's higher lvl or more geared than you (lol), on and on. this post is like bdo noob bingo tbh.

Edited by Roots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Roots said:

everytime someone comes into the forums whining about pvp in a pvp game, they inevitably try to pull the "YOU BETTER CHANGE THE GAME OR I AND ALL MY CAREBEAR FRIENDS WILL LEAVE" card, when they 1) obviously won't leave because they care enough to spend time arguing about it on the forums and 2) somehow ignore the fact that PA is literally pulling in billions from what is one of the most profitable games on the market today. They have so much money they paid half a billion *cash* for CCP, but you think they're losing sleep over your value pack? get real man.

edit : also forgot the basically mandatory misrepresentation of how / why / how often pvp actually happens, not knowing basic stuff like crystals don't break from positive karma pvp, misinterpreting game messages thinking that 'unfairly' means someone's higher lvl or more geared than you (lol), on and on. this post is like bdo noob bingo tbh.

yea...so you just picked one post and ran with it.  If you read anything but this I have said PvP is different than PKing and that what we have isn't really PvP.  PvP as a design mechanic comes in a couple different flavors.

  1. Consensual - both parties want to PvP and there may or may not be a reward for it.  This could be from dueling, flagging on and off, etc.
  2. Event PvP - there are clearly defined rewards for doing it and clear objectives.  This makes the most sense since there is a very clear reason to do it and a payout.  This is consensual. 
  3. Arena - It can be similar to the 2 above or a mix of both.  There may or may not be rewards.
  4. Full PvP - open world, everyone is flagged, PvP all the time.  There is generally very steep consequences for killing someone but also great rewards.  This game isn't this either.  Very few games do this because it drives the "care bears" as you put it away.
  5. Griefing - this is a by-product of some PvP mechanics.  This happens when there are no consequences or gains from killing others.  Almost every game to date has worked hard to eliminate it.  It's a very small minority of people that do it.  So why do game companies put so much effort into eliminating it?  Because a very small group of people can have a very large negative affect.  We've seen this in every MMO to date.

BDX has all of this but 4 feels half baked and 5 is totally supported.

As a side note, you show your lack of maturity and understanding of the real world when you use words like "care bear".  You say it like it's some massive insult.  Or that somehow people who choose to do something different than you just need to "git gud".  I run a business, have a wife, a few kids, mortgage, etc.  I just rather not deal with punks that get some strange jolly out of wasting my time.  If that makes me a care bear...whatever.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

All i gotta say is that i see a lot of typical PK puss in this game. 

You are a PK puss if you ..

- Wait to make sure your target has a full pull of mobs before you jump them

- Prey on clear AFK runners, riders, or trainers

 

Grow a sack and tap a guy on the shoulder, then knock the batteries off

 

Edited by Uberkull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only time I’ve been attacked was for entering another players spot or by a warring guild. I’ve never been attacked afk but I have also never been afk outside of a safe zone. I agree it’s scummy but you guys have to acknowledge your role providing them the opportunity to take advantage of you being vulnerable.

Ive always been in the higher gear score side. I’ve only attacked for another player invading my rotation and not leaving after he first warning. At 199 AP in my PvE set I kill about 70% players who do this in one grab. Leading me to believe it’s low geared uninformed players constantly over stepping boundaries and crying after the consequences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anyone said:

I kill about 70% players who do this in one grab.

LoL...it’s not your GS, calm down there captain.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lancia12 said:

yea...so you just picked one post and ran with it.

begin meaningless wall of text attempting to draw a distinction between pvp and pk

yeah I ran with it otherwise known as responding to a post. maybe you expect me to go through your post history and publish an annotated critique of all your various whines? you're playing an open world pvp game. it's not for everyone, no game is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bnews757 said:

Its a game not real life get some tissue and wipe the tears

I bet you know that very well huh ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Uberkull said:

LoL...it’s not your GS, calm down there captain.

 

Definitely my GS, I can’t do that to anyone with decent DP. It would have to be a grab, down smash, float, grab situation to even come close and to one shooting them. I’ll even post a few clips if you need proof captain.

Also good job completely missing my point, stop being a victim.

Edited by Anyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anyone said:

Definitely my GS, I can’t do that to anyone with decent DP. It would have to be a grab, down smash, float, grab situation to even come close and to one shooting them. I’ll even post a few clips if you need proof captain.

Also good job completely missing my point, stop being a victim.

Laughable. Stop being a tough guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uberkull said:

Laughable. Stop being a tough guy.

And you can stop being a toxic troll. At this point you’re basically becoming another Hierophant. Nothing I said had anything to do with being a tough guy, simply my experience with random pvp encounters. You choose to interpret it as me being a tough guy when it’s clear I don’t go looking for fights, I fight when necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Anyone said:

And you can stop being a toxic troll. At this point you’re basically becoming another Hierophant. Nothing I said had anything to do with being a tough guy, simply my experience with random pvp encounters. You choose to interpret it as me being a tough guy when it’s clear I don’t go looking for fights, I fight when necessary.

And your feathers get so ruffled by being called a ‘tough guy’. Really? 

Stop throwing around ‘toxic’, it gets watered down when you don’t know how to use the word.

10 hours ago, Anyone said:

 I kill about 70% players who do this in one grab. Leading me to believe it’s low geared uninformed players constantly over stepping boundaries and crying after the consequences.

‘Crying after the consequences’....tough guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...