Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PipR89

Some classes are way more OP than others! Not sure whether to stick with my class now.

Recommended Posts

So I've noticed in Pvp with my warrior, other classes literally teleport and just move so fast around me and damage me and run. Warrior seems to dependant on its shield block which makes u like a statue. And if we don't use shield block and try dodge or charge, because I don't have my shield block up, they cc me in some form or other. Not to mention how long I am cc'd at one time. 

Does anyone else find their class isn't as powerful as others or am I just not playing warrior right? Also when I do my main spinning slash attack, if the opponent is well geared I do almost no damage. 

And no Im not typing this into the classes section because no one goes there and I want answers and to speak to others about it now, not in a week when someone goes in and reads it then. 

Appreciate some feedback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warriors get better with awakening, preawaken they are garabge. Some classes are better than others at specific things but it would be boring if they all had the same skills, same power.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is a major flaw with this game and CC, stunlock, and grabs in general. 

If you are not caught in one of the three debuffs mentioned above, you are caught in a barrage of ridiculous visual effects all over your screen. 

Also, I don’t know if this console version needs more netcode desync optimization or this is what we get...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PipR89 said:

So I've noticed in Pvp with my warrior, other classes literally teleport and just move so fast around me and damage me and run. Warrior seems to dependant on its shield block which makes u like a statue. And if we don't use shield block and try dodge or charge, because I don't have my shield block up, they cc me in some form or other. Not to mention how long I am cc'd at one time. 

Does anyone else find their class isn't as powerful as others or am I just not playing warrior right? Also when I do my main spinning slash attack, if the opponent is well geared I do almost no damage. 

And no Im not typing this into the classes section because no one goes there and I want answers and to speak to others about it now, not in a week when someone goes in and reads it then. 

Appreciate some feedback. 

Well on EU we don't have many great warriors, but I know 3-4 who can kill me on witch or striker in 1v1. 

Mostly blocking and then grab - combo.

I'm not aware of skill names but they can take 50% of my hp in 2-3 secs after grab. (And I have ~300dp)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uberkull said:

I think there is a major flaw with this game and CC, stunlock, and grabs in general. 

If you are not caught in one of the three debuffs mentioned above, you are caught in a barrage of ridiculous visual effects all over your screen. 

Also, I don’t know if this console version needs more netcode desync optimization or this is what we get...

CC, stunlock, grab, downs are all bdo consists of. Always has always will even on pc the first to land one of those, wins the battle. At least on console they are not 261 AP yet *cringe*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, PipR89 said:

So I've noticed in Pvp with my warrior, other classes literally teleport and just move so fast around me and damage me and run. Warrior seems to dependant on its shield block which makes u like a statue. And if we don't use shield block and try dodge or charge, because I don't have my shield block up, they cc me in some form or other. Not to mention how long I am cc'd at one time. 

Does anyone else find their class isn't as powerful as others or am I just not playing warrior right? Also when I do my main spinning slash attack, if the opponent is well geared I do almost no damage. 

And no Im not typing this into the classes section because no one goes there and I want answers and to speak to others about it now, not in a week when someone goes in and reads it then. 

Appreciate some feedback. 

i feel the same with my warrior.. range classes are OP at the moment. warrior's block doesn't take you anywhere and you just preparing to fail.. grabs desync and you're almost out of options once they're on the ground (nothing does enough damage atm)..

i'm on 137ap/196dp

i'll wait for the awakening before abandoning the warrior..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uberkull said:

I think there is a major flaw with this game and CC, stunlock, and grabs in general. 

If you are not caught in one of the three debuffs mentioned above, you are caught in a barrage of ridiculous visual effects all over your screen. 

Also, I don’t know if this console version needs more netcode desync optimization or this is what we get...

Too bad theres no cc break 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, maXmood said:

 

i feel the same with my warrior.. range classes are OP at the moment. warrior's block doesn't take you anywhere and you just preparing to fail.. grabs desync and you're almost out of options once they're on the ground (nothing does enough damage atm)..

i'm on 137ap/196dp

i'll wait for the awakening before abandoning the warrior..

Well with 137 ap you aint going to hurt most. My dp is at 260 with my bronze dagger and 240something with steel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Well with 137 ap you aint going to hurt most. My dp is at 260 with my bronze dagger and 240something with steel. 

so you're saying the majority of ppl average about 250dp? and i'm on the low end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maXmood said:

so you're saying the majority of ppl average about 250dp? and i'm on the low end?

Im not sure about majority that would be a lie to say but there are alot running around with that and more. I have been just gathering shards and finally got all my armor to tri and its a big difference. Im main wiz and can hold my own with that dp. So imagine that on a striker sheesh would be crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Im not sure about majority that would be a lie to say but there are alot running around with that and more. I have been just gathering shards and finally got all my armor to tri and its a big difference. Im main wiz and can hold my own with that dp. So imagine that on a striker sheesh would be crazy.

what's your ap then? i understand the difference in dp makes me less efficient in killing someone with 240-250dp, but AP wise, we are all the ppl at? 200? i don't think so..  most probably around 140-160ap.. which isn't a big difference to mine, yet i feel like ranged classes are like 250, where i can't even withstand their hits..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, maXmood said:

what's your ap then? i understand the difference in dp makes me less efficient in killing someone with 240-250dp, but AP wise, we are all the ppl at? 200? i don't think so..  most probably around 140-160ap.. which isn't a big difference to mine, yet i feel like ranged classes are like 250, where i can't even withstand their hits..

You have to take into account that there are people who are already full TRI gear including TRI ogre who will delete you from the game just by blinking at you if you are below 220-230 DP.. 

These people are likely around 200+ AP already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

You have to take into account that there are people who are already full TRI gear including TRI ogre who will delete you from the game just by blinking at you if you are below 220-230 DP.. 

These people are likely around 200+ AP already. 

maybe a handful @ 200ap, and i don't think they grind at Rouges, Manes or even Iron Mines.. those contested areas are for the average ap/dp and it's pretty tough to manage pvp as a warrior vs ranged class in those areas..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maXmood said:

what's your ap then? i understand the difference in dp makes me less efficient in killing someone with 240-250dp, but AP wise, we are all the ppl at? 200? i don't think so..  most probably around 140-160ap.. which isn't a big difference to mine, yet i feel like ranged classes are like 250, where i can't even withstand their hits..

Sorry been busy at work my ap is 183

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Average casual ap dp is about 150-220. Most pvp players are pushing 200ap - 260dp. No class is op or bad in bdo. They are all great and at all tomes go through nerf and buff stages. At any given time each class is still awesome. That being said there not made to do all things. They are made to play a certain way. If your just blocking on your warrior your a bad warrior. Learn your class. Use your frontal guards, your super armors and your block to get to a target. Use your spear for ranged cc on something agile. And last and most important THIS GAME IS BALANCED FOR AWAKENING INCLUDED. When classes didnt have awakening they had total different balance on pc. Pa is killing balance a bit keeping awakening out so long. Lots of classes missing their full kits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

Average casual ap dp is about 150-220. Most pvp players are pushing 200ap - 260dp. No class is op or bad in bdo. They are all great and at all tomes go through nerf and buff stages. At any given time each class is still awesome. That being said there not made to do all things. They are made to play a certain way. If your just blocking on your warrior your a bad warrior. Learn your class. Use your frontal guards, your super armors and your block to get to a target. Use your spear for ranged cc on something agile. And last and most important THIS GAME IS BALANCED FOR AWAKENING INCLUDED. When classes didnt have awakening they had total different balance on pc. Pa is killing balance a bit keeping awakening out so long. Lots of classes missing their full kits. 

Trying to hit 200 ap but i hate accessory upgrades lol poof and its gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MakeumRage said:

Average casual ap dp is about 150-220. Most pvp players are pushing 200ap - 260dp. No class is op or bad in bdo. They are all great and at all tomes go through nerf and buff stages. At any given time each class is still awesome. That being said there not made to do all things. They are made to play a certain way. If your just blocking on your warrior your a bad warrior. Learn your class. Use your frontal guards, your super armors and your block to get to a target. Use your spear for ranged cc on something agile. And last and most important THIS GAME IS BALANCED FOR AWAKENING INCLUDED. When classes didnt have awakening they had total different balance on pc. Pa is killing balance a bit keeping awakening out so long. Lots of classes missing their full kits

which makes some classes OP over others in its current state..

 

i'm trying to to hit higher AP/DP, but BS is a c*** and doesn't love me.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Legendary said:

weirdly most PvP guilds are 90% striker/zerker

Every top guild needs wiz, witches its a must

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play as warrior. So many ways to cc people and some decent mobility to go along with holding a big shield to hide behind. Love watching people wind up into a combo while I put my shield up and cc. Can almost back to back some big burst damage too (wp allowing), using the cc. I love how not having to lock in predictable combos makes warrior unpredictable in fights. At lvl 57 the warrior gets a healing skill as well, which makes him more tanky. Look back through your skill list and add ons. I'm sure you're missing something if you think warrior is naff.

Edited by Hadley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...