[CM] Simon

Beta Email Clarification

Hey Adventurers!

We recently sent out confirmation emails about your beta registrations. There seems to have been a lot of confusion about the email, so we wish to clarify. 

'If you are under the age of 13 (NA) / 16 (EU), you are not qualified to register for the beta test.'

If you are above these ages, you are still accepted into the beta. This email was a formality to ensure that our obligations were fulfilled, and one of those obligations is to ensure that those under the ages mentioned are informed that they are not allowed to join the beta. 

We apologize for the inconvenience caused

Black Desert Operations Team 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

If we seen that email and got confused about it and registered again because of it does it take us out of the beta list?

• Like 1

I replied to the post asking if there was a way I could verify my age....so does that mean I disabled my account 

1 minute ago, HeyJosephShow said:

So I re registered and I got the same email that said I am under 13. What do i do?

It says IF you are under 13 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HeyJosephShow said:

So I re registered and I got the same email that said I am under 13. What do i do?

If that's the case according to the email you are not eligible to participate in beta as you are under the age requirements to take part in it. M8 did you even try to read it or just seen the numbers as its straight forward. 

Edited by Astolti

If you are over the age of 13 (or 16 EU), and you registered before, you are fine. This is mainly to cross the t's and dot our i's :)

• Like 1

There is heavy miscommunication going on here. It seems as though the email was worded very poorly.

Here's my attempt to clarify things from my understanding:

"[Notification]

This email is being sent to all Black Dessert beta registrants. Black Dessert has updated its Privacy Policy. As part of this updated policy  indiviuals under the ages of 13(US), and 16(EU) are not qualified to register for the beta test.

This is a general email being sent to all registrants, this does not mean you are under the age of 13(US)/16(EU).

Registrants that are under the ages of 13(US) and 16(EU) must reply to this email to have their information purged from our systems as we can not store it.

Thank you, and we apologize for the inconvenience and confusion. 

-Black Dessert Team"

That is what they meant to say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDIGN said:

There is heavy miscommunication going on here. It seems as though the email was worded very poorly.

Here's my attempt to clarify things from my understanding:

"[Notification]

This email is being sent to all Black Dessert beta registrants. Black Dessert has updated its Privacy Policy. As part of this updated policy  indiviuals under the ages of 13(US), and 16(EU) are not qualified to register for the beta test.

This is a general email being sent to all registrants, this does not mean you are under the age of 13(US)/16(EU).

Registrants that are under the ages of 13(US) and 16(EU) must reply to this email to have their information purged from our systems as we can not store it.

Thank you, and we apologize for the inconvenience and confusion. 

-Black Dessert Team"

That is what they meant to say.

IMO it was worded fine, people need to actually read, I guess more clarification & keeping it really simple would help the people that apparently can't read well

Posted (edited)

I skimmed it... saw words *beta*, age13/16,not valid 

And freaked out from there xD

Tho I replied asking for an age verification so I might have deleted my chance lol

Edited by Zarzarka
Didnt add second part of my message
  • Sad 1

They did how ever make a mistake to write that in a different email as I got tow of them but only one of them stated not to reply to it as I was wanting to clarify few things... glad I didn't. 

9 hours ago, CubicVariable42 said:

IMO it was worded fine, people need to actually read, I guess more clarification & keeping it really simple would help the people that apparently can't read well

I understand, but looking from a general perspective across the board it could easily be misinterpreted. 

I personally had to do a double take and re-read it as I assumed there was a server error that sent me the email by mistake. When sending mass emails like this it is very crucial to make things as simple as possible and leave nothing to doubt. It would have been a better idea to have only sent a message to the signups that were under those ages.

Many of the people that panicked had signed up months ago and this was the first email they recieved about the beta. So I can understand how this could freak them out. I mean imagine waiting for months with no update and an email comes in saying, 'you may not be eligible to participate, sorry.'

Posted (edited)

Hi, I received my email confirmation & a thank you for registering for the beta test, is there any news on specific dates when the Beta test will start for Black Desert [On Xbox]. 

Edited by So Solid Jedi

@[CM] Simon So, I replied directly back to this email saying "I am well over the age of 13. I’m 19 about to be 20 in September."  I am just wanting to make sure that by replying back, I did not just opt myself out for "being under age."

27 minutes ago, Hunter6979 said:

@[CM] Simon So, I replied directly back to this email saying "I am well over the age of 13. I’m 19 about to be 20 in September."  I am just wanting to make sure that by replying back, I did not just opt myself out for "being under age."

You didn't need to reply at all.

18 minutes ago, CubicVariable42 said:

You didn't need to reply at all.

and I quote "Please reply to this email to have your personal data removed from the system."

I replied to state that I was above their age limit. But I am afraid that replying has pulled me from the list possibly. This is why I am asking a CM since they can actually answer my question. Not just say something I now already know.

12 minutes ago, Hunter6979 said:

and I quote "Please reply to this email to have your personal data removed from the system."

I replied to state that I was above their age limit. But I am afraid that replying has pulled me from the list possibly. This is why I am asking a CM since they can actually answer my question. Not just say something I now already know.

If your afraid you got pulled off the list just sign up again

On 8/10/2018 at 7:52 PM, Beond said:

Get use to it PC version has some communication errors because of translation lol

I know, I've owned the game on Steam for a while now. lol

I got the email and I'm 27, so I reapplied and still got the email. I was born in 91 so is there a glitch in the system. Been playing black desert for 4 years (pc) I cant wait four this to come on systems

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Dorian Gray said:

I got the email and I'm 27, so I reapplied and still got the email. I was born in 91 so is there a glitch in the system. Been playing black desert for 4 years (pc) I cant wait four this to come on systems

Please re-read the email and take special note of the word "if"....it says IF you are under age.

So if(there's that difficult word again that many people struggled with) you are over the age of 13 or 16, you are fine and do not need to re-apply.

There is no glitch, it's a letter that goes to everyone that applies.

Edited by Jammer480

2 minutes ago, Dorian Gray said:

I never saw a "if" 

Screenshot_20180816-132238_Gmail.jpg

The 3rd sentence starts with a big "If"... how can you not see it? If you are under...

1 minute ago, Jammer480 said:

The 3rd sentence starts with a big "If"... how can you not see it? If you are under...

The main point I have 4 of these emails???? So why is that