Fury091014

Hards and Sharps Best method

Pshhh it's all about gathering water all night afk check back every hour or so because you stop gathering when u get a hard or sharp

2 minutes ago, Carnaea said:

Pshhh it's all about gathering water all night afk check back every hour or so because you stop gathering when u get a hard or sharp

Facts lol i hate that it stops cause i leave  it when i go gym and come back 1 shard full energy again 

It's pretty cool way to lvl gathering too. If you have 200+ energy buy like 700 bottles and it'll fill all 700 because your energy keeps refilling that quick. With kama book it almost restores energy quicker than you use it depending on your gathering so you can pretty much keep going until you get a hard or sharp 

Make a bunch of blue tanning knives, they are the cheapest. Use whatever worker has the best luck, and gather with the lucky tannin knife. You can sell the regular ones. Find an area with a high density of animals. People like Lynch Ranch. Its heavily contested though mind you. There are other spots with similar density. Id share, but you know how that goes. Like others said though, AFK would be to gather water. Make as many alts as you can, and use them as well. Mind you, you only get around 20 energy per day on an inactive alt. But its better then nothing.

6 hours ago, Carnaea said:

It's pretty cool way to lvl gathering too. If you have 200+ energy buy like 700 bottles and it'll fill all 700 because your energy keeps refilling that quick. With kama book it almost restores energy quicker than you use it depending on your gathering so you can pretty much keep going until you get a hard or sharp 

Er....no.

You get 1 energy back every 3 minutes, 3 back if you have Kama Blessing. 

One water bottle takes 20s to use, meaning that every 3 minutes, you spend 9 energy to get 1 or 3 back depending on if they have a buff. 

Definitely not quicker than you use it, seeing as how the 20s water bottle gather time is the slowest it can possibly be. Any faster just results in more energy loss. 

10 hours ago, Bnews757 said:

For me best has been chopping trees and gathering water 

I have over 300 energy and gather water often just to burn energy and never got a hard/sharp, I thought it was some crazy low chance.

As for the question, killing sheep/lamb/goats at lynch ranch and using a butcher's knife has been my most successful way. Though I gotta say it seems like it's pure rng. I just like using the butcher knife, because the sheep are grouped up, so it goes quick.

3 hours ago, Alder said:

I have over 300 energy and gather water often just to burn energy and never got a hard/sharp, I thought it was some crazy low chance.

As for the question, killing sheep/lamb/goats at lynch ranch and using a butcher's knife has been my most successful way. Though I gotta say it seems like it's pure rng. I just like using the butcher knife, because the sheep are grouped up, so it goes quick.

A week ago id agree with you. I hardly seemed to get any drops from bottling water. I actually thought people were lying/misinformed. Until I managed to get one. Mind you, I was using 1000+ energy 2 days of a week. I was never getting them at a decent clip. Since this last patch I seem to average 1-2 shards/hard per 175 energy (my current amount) when using bottles. It seems they brought it in line with other gathering drops, as before I fealt personally they were a much lower percentage. 

Edited by Jacs

You can level any of the new characters from now until Early may to get guaranteed hards and sharps. Level 45/55 grants 3 of each/ 5 of each respectively 

water gathering has a lower chance to get a hard or sharp. Also, it tends to interrupt your scooping water so it's not the most viable way. Milking also apparently has a lower rate according to most claims I have read on the reddit. Other gathering has the same chances to drop a shard, but the rate of gather and what you get out of it is how I determined to get shards. I have a worker pump out butcher knives and sell all but the lucky steel ones I get. Use those to farm sheep. I use the meat to make pet food and save on that ridiculous 3k on crap pet food. No more spending up to 2 mil a day on pet food haha.

Noone Talks about pruning? Rent fences, place them south of heidel on other riverbank, get dry mane grass seeds, plant and prune, with artisan 1 farming i get 2-3 hards/sharps per growth cycle of 70 plants, had Not enough spare cp to rent 10 strong fences. With 70 plants i can prune almost nonstop, with 100 it will be even worse))

Btw you can prune on alt char, i make it on my afk Fischer, it has anyway more inventory space, and seeds can be stacked in cm warehouse))

Edited by Pratorean

Something seems off with gathering before maintenance I would harvest sheep with 270 energy and Arti 1 Gathering. I averaged 3-5 shards per full energy. But now Pruning, Sheep Farming, and Water Gathering I Average 0-1 per 540 Energy (During Hot time might I add). It makes me wonder if the botched drop rate like the did asula...

1 hour ago, Silencium said:

Something seems off with gathering before maintenance I would harvest sheep with 270 energy and Arti 1 Gathering. I averaged 3-5 shards per full energy. But now Pruning, Sheep Farming, and Water Gathering I Average 0-1 per 540 Energy (During Hot time might I add). It makes me wonder if the botched drop rate like the did asula...

I have had 6 hards/sharps alone today, just from mining. I only have 156 energy, and I didn't spend it all. 

It's all rng. Just because you're not reliably getting them to drop, doesn't mean it's broken.

Oh, and those 6 drops, were not during hot time. 

10 minutes ago, Silencium said:

Well good for you

Why the hell can't people like you just say, "Oh, okay. Must just be bad luck then lol" instead of the constant sass. 

Anyway op, Pratorean's way is a good way if you have the cp to burn. Otherwise, just gather as often as you can on as many alts as you can. Doesn't matter what, you'll get plenty with time. 

7 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

Why the hell can't people like you just say, "Oh, okay. Must just be bad luck then lol" instead of the constant sass. 

Anyway op, Pratorean's way is a good way if you have the cp to burn. Otherwise, just gather as often as you can on as many alts as you can. Doesn't matter what, you'll get plenty with time. 

Because of:

29 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

Oh, and those 6 drops, were not during hot time. 

Either way, yes I have been unlucky and yes I know it's Rng. I'm just a little suspicious since a handful of people I know are experiencing the same phenomenon.

5 minutes ago, Silencium said:

Because of:

Either way, yes I have been unlucky and yes I know it's Rng. I'm just a little suspicious since a handful of people I know are experiencing the same phenomenon.

It's information. That's all. When it comes to bug, I personally find it best to wait until a bug is indeed confirmed before saying it's a bug. But that's just me, obviously I know that others don't think the same way 

Just now, Yiazzy said:

It's information. That's all. When it comes to bug, I personally find it best to wait until a bug is indeed confirmed before saying it's a bug. But that's just me, obviously I know that others don't think the same way 

Understandable 😊

19 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

Er....no.

You get 1 energy back every 3 minutes, 3 back if you have Kama Blessing. 

One water bottle takes 20s to use, meaning that every 3 minutes, you spend 9 energy to get 1 or 3 back depending on if they have a buff. 

Definitely not quicker than you use it, seeing as how the 20s water bottle gather time is the slowest it can possibly be. Any faster just results in more energy loss. 

Well yea, that is true but still seems more efficient atleast to me. As for folks saying the drop rate is lower I cant really tell the difference even with lucky tools I still get about the same I even got 3 hards within 50 energy with water it's all luck. You could use 5 lucky tools and not get 1 stone it's not probable but that's because your using like 1k energy

Im very unlucky in this game I have full luck, lucky tools and headhog. In the last 2 days I got out if 500 energy 1 sharp and 2 hards. (Sure it waswild grass, but still)

Think the gm hates me and did  lower my rng chances. XD

Edited by Koroyosh8