RemovePVP

Remove Forced PVP !!!!

Remove Forced PVP  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Removed Forced PVP?

• Yes Remove Forced PVP
    • Keep Forced PVP

Yes yes, lets remove pvp!!! So we can all hold hands in Velia next to the market place. They have a great selection of songs playing 24/7. Hell, lets just convert the game to single player so we can all individually wa#k to the pretty graphics.

Posted (edited)

And to make this even sweeter last night Shinra clarified the PvE servers slip up, he said they won’t remove open world pvp but are looking into options around the current system, 

the saem comment was made made years ago on PC and the outcome was “use this item to go to lev 50 but be warned” 

which translates too nothing major will happen if anything!! 

One reason I love Pearl Abyss, they don’t  give in to the cry babies!! 

Edited by Koromas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Koromas said:

And to make this even sweeter last night Shinra clarified the PvE servers slip up, he said they won’t remove open world pvp but are looking into options around the current system, 

the saem comment was made made years ago on PC and the outcome was “use this item to go to lev 50 but be warned” 

which translates too nothing major will happen if anything!! 

One reason I love Pearl Abyss, they don’t  give in to the cry babies!! 

Amen, along with the fact they think threatening to leave will get them anywhere. It’s hilarious.

I voted on remove side on accident nooooo, deaths angel got all these accounts to make the same posts and comments huh lol

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Strapz said:

I voted on remove side on accident nooooo, deaths angel got all these accounts to make the same posts and comments huh lol

We could all vote on the "remove" side and it wouldn't change anything. At this point, it's troll spam and the mods really need to take it down and immediately delete any more threads by this...

Edited by Jammer480

Dumb post should be locked, lets remove PvP in CoD, Halo, Apex, Fortnite and every other game.

Here is a thought, stay lvl 49.

Want to know a game that listened to carebears like you? Elite Dangerous did this, it literally killed itself. I played it with a faction i founded with friends for 3 years just about. We were top dogs, public enemy number 1. As Fdev slowly punished pvpers all the competitive groups started to die. Eventually they lost 80% of their playerbase. Now they struggle to release PvE Content because they lack funding.

Hardecore players that PvP usually hang around a game longer where PvE casuals hop games constantly. Black Desert is PvP 1st PvE 2nd. Start removing or punishing PvPers and the game will lose a massive majority of players.

1 hour ago, Vim said:

Black Desert is PvP 1st PvE 2nd.

Ugh. Why do so many of you, what did you say, "hardcore players who pvp", insist that this game is all about pvp? 

I'll try to say it clearly, and simply for your idiot brain. 

MOST OF THE GAME IS NOT PVP. ERGO, IT IS NOT A PVP GAME. 

I don't agree with op one bit, clearly just whining. But I do think, though it'll never happen, that PvE servers could help the game. But that's only because I'm enjoying exploring the world, and doing every lifeskill. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

Ugh. Why do so many of you, what did you say, "hardcore players who pvp", insist that this game is all about pvp? 

I'll try to say it clearly, and simply for your idiot brain. 

MOST OF THE GAME IS NOT PVP. ERGO, IT IS NOT A PVP GAME. 

I don't agree with op one bit, clearly just whining. But I do think, though it'll never happen, that PvE servers could help the game. But that's only because I'm enjoying exploring the world, and doing every lifeskill. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I will say that there are an awful lot of non-PvP activities for a game that is "100% all about PVP 1st".

1 hour ago, JayMadIV said:

I will say that there are an awful lot of non-PvP activities for a game that is "100% all about PVP 1st".

Lot of events where you can get smashed pvp style which is the focus. Were you at the event last weekend with the wagon? It was a free for all killing peoples lol cant lie i went red but enjoyed it. If they cared about pve that event could have been a non flag event like bosses but shrugs. Bdo=Pvp game and i love it.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Lot of events where you can get smashed pvp style which is the focus. Were you at the event last weekend with the wagon? It was a free for all killing peoples lol cant lie i went red but enjoyed it. If they cared about pve that event could have been a non flag event like bosses but shrugs. Bdo=Pvp game and i love it.

I was referring more to lifeskilling and stuff like that.

i'm good with or without PVP tbh, the combat's just way too fun regardless. TBH, if they ever did do a PVE server, I'd probably spend a good amount of time on it.

I just think it's a waste of time to whine and cry for something that's clearly not going to happen (removing pvp). may as well just deal with the PVP it's not going anywhere, and it's not really all that bad to begin with.

Edited by JayMadIV

Ultimately, if the PvP in BDO is so extremely detrimental to your enjoyment you should probably find a different game instead of demanding everyone change everything to accommodate your particular wishes like some poster child of an only child. There are lots of games out there without open world PvP. BDO just so happens to be one of the very few that is designed the way it is, and has always been that way in the half decade or so it's been out. 

Really though I have to wonder what game you guys are playing sometimes. I think I just spent like 5 hours grinding and didn't so much as see a red player, much less get flagged on. Meanwhile ppl in forums acting like they're scared to set foot outside of Velia because hordes of gankerz are gonna bend them over.

also lol @ this poll. I was wondering how long it would take this fanatic to start spawning alt accounts. if you applied that dedication to getting better at the game I bet you'd be a beast.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, JayMadIV said:

I was referring more to lifeskilling and stuff like that.

i'm good with or without PVP tbh, the combat's just way too fun regardless. TBH, if they ever did do a PVE server, I'd probably spend a good amount of time on it.

I just think it's a waste of time to whine and cry for something that's clearly not going to happen (removing pvp). may as well just deal with the PVP it's not going anywhere, and it's not really all that bad to begin with.

True true i get what you're saying. Yes it wont go anywhere just have to deal with. We all win some and lose some. If this game didnt have pvp it probably wouldnt interest me. I love the fact that i have to watch for white dots and other decced guilds all the time. Makes it fun for me. See a decced guild hop of your horse and its on site lol

• Like 1

I’m sorry OP, FO76 failed for many many reasons. I don’t think pvp was really one of them past day five. 

On 4/12/2019 at 5:25 AM, RemovePVP said:

Forced PVP never works! It never has and never will.

Every game and every MMO that has forced open world PVP has never worked or died and no longer exists.

Ark: Survival evolved had Forced open world PVP.... it's now died and barely got any player.

World of warcraft had forced open world PVP and PVP servers. They removed open world forced PVP and all the PVP servers are dead But the PVE servers are always full of people.

Fallout 76 Died because it had forced open world PVP and people was tired of being PK while minding their own business.

Rust died because of forced open world PVP.

these are just an example of the 1000s of games ruined by forced PVP

every single game that forces PVP has either died or is barely limping a long waiting to be put out of its misery.

Now everyone will say "go play another game then" yes great argument right there. let's ignore everything the game has to offer because of forced PVP.

Now I'm not saying remove PVP from the game. I like PVP but not being able to complete content or do world bosses or field bosses because a top end guilds is killing you before you even have a chance to hit the boss is NOT fair.

Other people should NOT have the power to denie you content or gameplay. NO ONE!

Then you will be like "oh just switch server" that is not a solution and never works. as there will always be another person ready to PK you and ruin your day for no benefit other than to P you off!!

There is no benefit to player killing none.... the only reason people player kill is just to ruin someone's day or denie them content or to halt their progress. it's not fair.

You should remove Open world PVP from the game completely but keep Node wars & Guild Wars.

You want PVP? then do it properly in node wars or arena or guild vs guild.

Killing someone who is preoccupied with a mob is not PVP it's not cool and it's not skilled at all. it's just rude and cowardly.

by removing open world PVP people will flock back to the game knowing they are safe to progress without any worry of some top end guild ruining their progress by Camping field bosses or world bosses ready to destroy them.

Keep PVP to node wars and guild wars. this makes it more fair for everyone and they all get their PVP fix without ruining the fun for everyone else.

Those who do not agree with removing open world PVP are usually the ones who enjoy ruining the game for others out of spite or for their own enjoyment. they are usually the ones who spawn camp you until you quit the game just because it's fun for them

It's simple. remove forced PVP as there is no reason for it other than to troll and grief and ruin everyone's fun.

Hmm you must be really unlucky or griefing to have this happen to you as often as it has. I've only ever been attacked randomly twice since I've played on Xbox console. (I've noticed people don't have the decency to ask you to remove yourself like they do on pc though they kind of just start smacking you without any notice lol) if this ever happens to me I always just switch servers since I don't like my farming time wasted by meaningless pvping. BDO pc is still alive. I still play and there are very nice people on there. My old guild still plays and there is over 60 of them online at the same time and they aren't even a well known guild :0 this game just isn't for you my dear. And that's ok. But asking for something that is the core of the game to be changed simply because YOU don't like it isn't fair to the people who DO like it :0 (me being one of those people lol) also I have never been attacked at a world boss yet sooo mmmmm

I'm a new player to bdo never played pc I only got the game because of PvP I've also played ark, cod I do it for the PvP its competitive and fun to out skill I get whooped at times and others I win...if you want a New players experience ive been neg a million by karma bombers while trying to level cat fish and spend 4 days trying to recover while getting smacked by everybody just becsuse I was red and unable to defend myself imo karma is amazing reduces the PvP but its also a little extreme I wish we got fame nation points guild points for kills rank system but instead get nothing hut negstive karma which then have to spend hours to reclaim perhaps I'm selfish cuz I wanna grind the best spots to get better myself and become better geared rng is real....just saying with out PvP and u say only node and guild wars...dude most players cannot even get to play them I know myself do not meet the usual required guild score/to join and the guild size to partake is too high for our current guild of 10 to partake so imo I think the forced pve should be removed :)

nobody gets ganked at a world boss if you go red at at world boss your dead instantly unless of course your at war

9 hours ago, Binky said:

Hmm you must be really unlucky or griefing to have this happen to you as often as it has. I've only ever been attacked randomly twice since I've played on Xbox console. (I've noticed people don't have the decency to ask you to remove yourself like they do on pc though they kind of just start smacking you without any notice lol) if this ever happens to me I always just switch servers since I don't like my farming time wasted by meaningless pvping. BDO pc is still alive. I still play and there are very nice people on there. My old guild still plays and there is over 60 of them online at the same time and they aren't even a well known guild :0 this game just isn't for you my dear. And that's ok. But asking for something that is the core of the game to be changed simply because YOU don't like it isn't fair to the people who DO like it :0 (me being one of those people lol) also I have never been attacked at a world boss yet sooo mmmmm

I'd think that most people don't ask is two things, it's a bit clunky to bring up the message box, and second, if someone has some weird offbeat name, like most people, hard to remember exactly how they spell it. What I may do if I can see it's a lowbie, I'll flag up and stand in front of him for a few seconds while he's clearing the last of my mobs, if he continues,hes gone. 

The pve servers would ruin the progression. There is not enough grinding spots for everyone and I think thats for reason. You have to fight for your spot to progress. 

What would you do on pve servers when there is 4 ppl at the same rotation just waiting to get few kills here and there?

Only thing I came up with is that there would be life skill servers for gathering. I would not get exp or loot from monsters but you could skin/butcher etc those.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:04 AM, Jacs said:

I'd think that most people don't ask is two things, it's a bit clunky to bring up the message box, and second, if someone has some weird offbeat name, like most people, hard to remember exactly how they spell it. What I may do if I can see it's a lowbie, I'll flag up and stand in front of him for a few seconds while he's clearing the last of my mobs, if he continues,hes gone. 

That's understandable. I know right? That chat box needs a good punch in the nads >_>