Xcidis

Pearl shop prices are a scam

1 hour ago, Xcidis said:

I said dollars because you play 20 dollars for 2,000 pearls obviously .... you need to stop trying to sound smart when you don’t know what the hell your talking about dude . Stay in England with all that attitude just because we want REASONABLE prices dude not everybody is living with thier mom and using her allowance to fund this game .im not made of money 

i only have s problems with inventory and weight pearl prices I believe they are overpriced and should be a few hundred pearls less than what it is would be ideal at less 1350 pearls for 200 LT and 1150 pearls for 16 inventory 

You need pets if you want to play this game so everything is not a convenience purchase like you say it is you need weight so your going to pay money for weight or storage madis like listen to yourself 

Telling other people they're just wrong and then insulting them makes you sound like an entitled brat. I made reasonable points, from a sensible point of view, not a spoilt child's point of view. 

But hey, cry harder. It won't change. 

17 hours ago, Xcidis said:

Almost 20$ for 200 weight ? Almost 15 dollars for inventory space ? What are these prices I spent too much money already PC prices are way cheaper and better for certain important items and why is that ? That’s not fair I don’t mind paying money for weight but when it’s 20 damn dollars it kinda hard to justify that purchase in my head . Fix these prices or have a flash sale once every two weeks or something I’m sure there are more things in the pearl shop that’s wayyyyy over priced but you can be the judge for that . 

Price on X box , and pc version are same in region . Then if u play on x box value pack cost 15£ in uk, on pc will be 15£ as well . 1500 pearls on both versions of game .

There is no single difference.( unless item is on sale or something like that)

Edited by gurghul
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xcidis said:

Yeah this is my first real big MMO game I really got invested in I bought th ultimate edition and I realized even that wasn’t enough lol but I’m starting to understand not to give in to temptation lol but all we can do is try 

Unfortunately this is par for almost all mmos. It generates more cash then your typical 60$ expansion packs. Some aren't so egregious as others. Really teaches you how to maximize your time and effort put into the game which isn't a bad thing. It can make you a better gamer. But, someone with unlimited funds versus someone of equal "skill" with have a leg up. I can't necessarily compete with the top .1%. Where I chose to grind, I do just fine defending my spots. Just have to know where your niche is. With a lack of any hand holding, you really benefit from learning from the players with past experience. There will be bumps along the way, but the satisfaction of getting over them are quite rewarding. Especially if the cash shop offers a way to cut corners and you didn't have to take it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jacs said:

Unfortunately this is par for almost all mmos. It generates more cash then your typical 60$ expansion packs. Some aren't so egregious as others. Really teaches you how to maximize your time and effort put into the game which isn't a bad thing. It can make you a better gamer. But, someone with unlimited funds versus someone of equal "skill" with have a leg up. I can't necessarily compete with the top .1%. Where I chose to grind, I do just fine defending my spots. Just have to know where your niche is. With a lack of any hand holding, you really benefit from learning from the players with past experience. There will be bumps along the way, but the satisfaction of getting over them are quite rewarding. Especially if the cash shop offers a way to cut corners and you didn't have to take it. 

Yeah the grind is real in this game it reminds me of warframe . I put a lot of hours in that game and I didn’t spend a dime for the platinum but like you said some games have different motives when it comes to thier cash shop , I understand now I was bitter about spending 20  dollars just to get 200 weight but F it I love playing this game there’s so much to do I don’t mind support the developer it’s just that salty taste you get knowing you spend 17$ for 200LT and experience players will know that ain’t nothing lol 

• Like 1

I kinda get what the OP is saying (i wouldn't go so far to say it is a scam) . I always end up using whatever extra cash I have into a game I'm invested in. So after buying the ultimate edition and receiving those nice perks i figured i would buy some pearl boxes/etc. What stopped me was that it didn't seem quite sensible Yet. I'm holding out to see if they adjust prices or increase what you can get. Like for 100 bucks i can get 10k pearls, you would think you could sit on that for a while but a lot of shop items start at 10 bucks so basically 10 items 😂. I live in nyc stuff here is EXPENSIVE but even here u can get more than 10 items for 100 bucks

Edited by Sephitroth

On 4/13/2019 at 3:37 AM, Uberkull said:

Oh...get me started..

Ya know what...i won’t bother listing out how unethical this Pearl Shop is.

Let’s just say, you know how there is this huge uproar about Loot Boxes in other games and how certain countries are considering them pure gambling? Well..has anyone really looked at this Pearl Shop and it’s ‘sales’?

There are RNG items on the Pearl Shop where the buyer doesn’t know exactly what they will get. There are items that can be bought then melted or breed then used in RNG in the game that results in potential complete failure which ends up you losing the item entirely. I can go on..

Somewhere something is...not right..

I pretty much thought the same thing. It's PA's way of hiding the actual gambling on rng. 😂

I hate to be the bearer of boring news, but this isn't gonna go anywhere good. Everything you can think of has been tried to curb the pearl shop, and nothing has worked because 1) PA doesn't care much about negative press on the matter, and 2) their prices are already well tuned for maximum sales. LT packs might seem expensive but the guy grinding next to you has already maxed his weight out weeks ago. Also it's not like their formula isn't working : they're pulling in billions, and aren't gonna slow down because some forum dwellers like myself think it's annoying or unethical. 

Also, as a protip - if you want to quickly and efficiently make one half of your guild hate the other half, start a p2w debate. For every player that's against the structure of the pearl shop, there's some (apologist fanboi) who's completely fine with it. It's basically the bdo equivalent of politics and religion. Everyone has an opinion on it, and everyone is pretty sure the ppl who disagree with them are morons. My views on this are clear, but I've also more or less given up on having the debate - it just won't go anywhere constructive, so we either quit the game or accept it as the status quo IMHO.

2 hours ago, Roots said:

I hate to be the bearer of boring news, but this isn't gonna go anywhere good. Everything you can think of has been tried to curb the pearl shop, and nothing has worked because 1) PA doesn't care much about negative press on the matter, and 2) their prices are already well tuned for maximum sales. LT packs might seem expensive but the guy grinding next to you has already maxed his weight out weeks ago. Also it's not like their formula isn't working : they're pulling in billions, and aren't gonna slow down because some forum dwellers like myself think it's annoying or unethical. 

Also, as a protip - if you want to quickly and efficiently make one half of your guild hate the other half, start a p2w debate. For every player that's against the structure of the pearl shop, there's some (apologist fanboi) who's completely fine with it. It's basically the bdo equivalent of politics and religion. Everyone has an opinion on it, and everyone is pretty sure the ppl who disagree with them are morons. My views on this are clear, but I've also more or less given up on having the debate - it just won't go anywhere constructive, so we either quit the game or accept it as the status quo IMHO.

yeah they just showed their finance reports the made billions from Black Desert last year lol. 

2 minutes ago, SksNightfox said:

yeah they just showed their finance reports the made billions from Black Desert last year lol. 

yeah this lul. they acquired CCP for half a billion straight up liquid cash without even breaking a sweat. this game is an absolute goldmine.

on the one hand, that in and of itself completely undermines the idea that the pearl shop in its current state is necessary to "run the servers" (which is what most / many cash store proponents tend to argue). they could easily cut back left and right while remaining massively profitable. 

on the other, the above is also completely moot - it clearly works so unless they for some reason feel like leaving money on the table (they dont, they wont, that's not how they roll), the pearl store is only gonna expand because the market and players are speaking with their wallet. if some of us whinge and moan on principle it won't make a lick of difference. 

tangentially, I'm curious to see what lessons other game developers are taking from this. I suspect we can expect more of the same from others in the near to distant future. the profitability of bdo is the stuff most studios can only have wet dreams about.

1 hour ago, SksNightfox said:

quoting China Laws is like quoting Hitler lets not go there lol.

Actually, you are a moron for not reading the WIKI and comparing something to a completely opposite subject. 

Asia and Oceania

This includes China, Japan, South Korea, ,Singapore, Australia .

Maybe educate yourself before quoting stupid ****.

5 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Actually, you are a moron for not reading the WIKI and comparing something to a completely opposite subject. 

Asia and Oceania

This includes China, Japan, South Korea, ,Singapore, Australia .

Maybe educate yourself before quoting stupid ****.

I would add, without getting too political, that we see PLENTY of laws from across the pond make their way here and vice versa.  China and Korea are VERY serious about their gaming.  Would it be totally crazy to see some law like this make it to the US?  Not in the slightest.

The P2W hasn't even started. These 30 dollar outfits ppl buy for corn stones? Imagine needing to break down multiple for each attempt. The crown stones required for tet and pen gear are insane.

You could risk dropping down though or spend a few hundred mil at the blacksmith or wait and hope you get lucky buying an outfit since you cant put bids for multiples in the CM