Sign in to follow this  
Sephitroth

Secrets, hidden stuff, tricks, etc

Level as many alts as you can makes farming energy, contribution points and gold so much easier.

Farm Gold, buy items from market less stressful if someone else has done the upgrading for you.

Speak to and do quests for everyone that offers you them.

Farm all the best drop areas to death.

Farm the Giants for their spears 7k each on market so around 20 million per good farm session.

Dont be bullied by better players when farming, its not their god given right to force you out of an area ( just get all your mates to come farm with you)

If you can afford it, buy as much as possible from the pay to win store ( i have tears stock to last me a lifetime )

Do not buy Kazarka or Liverto weapons off the market, they are well over priced and impossible to upgrade at low levels. Start with a Yuria weapon from arms trader in Caltheon much cheaper and a good starting weapon.

You will get gifted better armour and better armour drops as you start hitting level 30 or higher that will do you until you can afford better.

Your best horse and pets can be shared between all your alts, just remember to stable the horse.

Read Guild Contracts before joining them, some may be too expensive to leave if you dont like them. and most of them dont have enough funds to pay you but happily take your silver if you leave them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChilMeiSTer1968 said:

Dont be bullied by better players when farming, its not their god given right to force you out of an area ( just get all your mates to come farm with you)

Do not buy Kazarka or Liverto weapons off the market, they are well over priced and impossible to upgrade at low levels. Start with a Yuria weapon from arms trader in Caltheon much cheaper and a good starting weapon.

Read Guild Contracts before joining them, some may be too expensive to leave if you dont like them. and most of them dont have enough funds to pay you but happily take your silver if you leave them.

1) Don't be salty when someone out plays you and out grinds you, just leave, and channel hop, easy as that. Don't bring all your friends - 90% of the time someone else has a bigger stick and you will just look even more dumb. (been there, done that, got the t-shirt)

2) Night Vendor is coming and his Kzarkas will range from 89mil - 450mil for a base level. This also goes for most Boss armor with a slight difference of 70mil - 450mil. Lowest Dandelion ive ever seen is 115mil but up to 490mil. In short keep your pre-orders up till we get night vendor. Lock them item (if we get that function) and pull down your pre-order if you get a better price from him. 

3) if you are complaining about 300k to leave a guild you have bigger issues than you think. Like your 20mil a session at Giants might be a little far fetched. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

1) Don't be salty when someone out plays you and out grinds you, just leave, and channel hop, easy as that. Don't bring all your friends - 90% of the time someone else has a bigger stick and you will just look even more dumb. (been there, done that, got the t-shirt)

2) Night Vendor is coming and his Kzarkas will range from 89mil - 450mil for a base level. This also goes for most Boss armor with a slight difference of 70mil - 450mil. Lowest Dandelion ive ever seen is 115mil but up to 490mil. In short keep your pre-orders up till we get night vendor. Lock them item (if we get that function) and pull down your pre-order if you get a better price from him. 

3) if you are complaining about 300k to leave a guild you have bigger issues than you think. Like your 20mil a session at Giants might be a little far fetched. 

Am i right in thinking the original poster was asking us to give advice for new players not for myself, im sitting on around 900million silver so no issues leaving a guild, i find higher level and better geared players will bully lower level players out of grinding areas but if you have mates bring them in not for back up but to karmabomb these selfish idiots. And at what point as a new player would you have 89 - 450million to upgrade your weapon. Like i said this post was aimed at helping new player who may have just hit level 50 trying to get better. Farming players dont lose karma :)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChilMeiSTer1968 said:

but if you have mates bring them in not for back up but to karmabomb these selfish idiots. 

See as a PC player I have something just for that. Red Alt.  A Character who is just as geared as my main, who is negative 1mil already and doesn't care about being perma red. Don't waste your time Karma bombing just puts you on the sh** list for more guilds to grief you even more.

If grinding and getting kicked out of a spot triggers you to karma bomb, go back to Final Fantasy 14 or Elder Scrolls Online. Here on Black Desert it's a game mechanic and unfortunately it's king of the hill wins the spot or just simply change channels and move on get back to your grind.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nightingale said:

See as a PC player I have something just for that. Red Alt.  A Character who is just as geared as my main, who is negative 1mil already and doesn't care about being perma red. Don't waste your time Karma bombing just puts you on the sh** list for more guilds to grief you even more.

If grinding and getting kicked out of a spot triggers you to karma bomb, go back to Final Fantasy 14 or Elder Scrolls Online. Here on Black Desert it's a game mechanic and unfortunately it's king of the hill wins the spot or just simply change channels and move on get back to your grind.

Bless you petal, i love players like you. So hard and scary in a virtual world totally opposite to your real life i bet. Pmsl so much i knew not long after quoting you that you would come back with a post like this, god you can read fanboys like books and trigger them to put on the virtual hard guy mode in an instant.

God i love forums, its the only place you can get a good laugh these days. (RED ALT) lol my sides are splitting, you go girl bet your guild worships you. No more please im gonna wet myself rofl :) :) 

52 minutes ago, ChilMeiSTer1968 said:

Bless you petal, i love players like you. So hard and scary in a virtual world totally opposite to your real life i bet. Pmsl so much i knew not long after quoting you that you would come back with a post like this, god you can read fanboys like books and trigger them to put on the virtual hard guy mode in an instant.

God i love forums, its the only place you can get a good laugh these days. (RED ALT) lol my sides are splitting, you go girl bet your guild worships you. No more please im gonna wet myself rofl :) :) 

On PC i had to have a red alt, guild missions were a nightmare, so I killed anything that walked in front of me. Some days that was all it took some days it started a pointless GvG because some one got butt hurt I killed them twice on their 200% grind buff. Point I'm sharing for new players is Karma bombing doesn't solve your issue. Red Alts exist for just these scenarios, soon as Xbox gets Tagging you never will know who is sitting on 1) a red alt, or 2) their main that is much more geared than you. I've seen both and eaten my words. 

As for xbox, I don't have a red alt, yet, still trying to wait out if I want it to be ranger so i can kill everyone easy, or Mystic so i can't be killed, or ninja to gank and leave. 

Good laugh  - is you promoting Karma bombing as your problem solver, verses just getting better geared and win honorably or lose and accept you lost and change channels . 🙄 

• Haha 1

Hey, im not like...trying to argue or anything. I just keep seeing this in game and i hear people talk about it all the time, but is there like an actual game thing for establishing that beating someone up grants you that spot? Or is it just some thing some players said should happen and the community just agreed upon it? Am genuinely curious. Pls dont think otherwise. >.<

16 minutes ago, Ashlyn said:

Hey, im not like...trying to argue or anything. I just keep seeing this in game and i hear people talk about it all the time, but is there like an actual game thing for establishing that beating someone up grants you that spot? Or is it just some thing some players said should happen and the community just agreed upon it? Am genuinely curious. Pls dont think otherwise. >.<

Basically it comes down to this: No actual written rule, saying you need to leave. Koreans have an immense amount of respect, that you do not see in the NA/EU communities. PvP to them is mostly all honorable, planned and organized PvP events so they can see true skill not just random ganking. 

If you out grind and constantly kill a player out of spot means you are more efficient/better geared/higher level than they are. You will see some people ask Duel for spot. (xbox doesn't have the duel system yet.) Winner will get the grind spot. 

People have three methods to deal with people who get sour and don't want to leave. 1) If in a guild dec the guild and free kill them till they leave. 2) go red/negative karma killing unguilded/protected players. 3) suck it up and change channels.  4) stick around keep out farming them till they give up realizing they are getting minimal exp and loot and are wasting their time.

When dealing with "contested" grind spots it comes down to "king of the hill" most powerful wins and keeps the spot. This is a new concept that a LOT of console players are not adjusting to very well coming from games like Tera, ESO, FF14 where you couldn't really contest a grind spot. With Black Desert you have limited viable grind spots that are even worth your time grinding so 80% if the spots to the average player base is useless. This is why everyone crams into say Hex, for the witch earrings. Everyone needs them, till Tungrad Earrings, or Whale molars are in the game. Crescent Rings are now BiS till Drieghan and the Eye of the Ruins Ring, till Tungrad Rings replace them once Black Star releases. This leaves Mark of Shadow as a backup/side grade item now. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ashlyn said:

Its also known as grind etiquette. You have two chances to try and take or keep your spot and if you fail, move on or change channels. It was a pretty common thing on PC and is starting to come around in the Xbox community. Some people get really butt hurt and end up causing more problems for themselves or their guild but eventually get the idea.

Edited by Tr3nch

4 hours ago, ChilMeiSTer1968 said:

Am i right in thinking the original poster was asking us to give advice for new players not for myself, im sitting on around 900million silver so no issues leaving a guild, i find higher level and better geared players will bully lower level players out of grinding areas but if you have mates bring them in not for back up but to karmabomb these selfish idiots. And at what point as a new player would you have 89 - 450million to upgrade your weapon. Like i said this post was aimed at helping new player who may have just hit level 50 trying to get better. Farming players dont lose karma :)

"HEY I WASN'T ASKING FOR UNSOLICITED ADVICE, I'M R-REALLY GOOD AT THIS GAME."

4 hours ago, Nightingale said:

A good alternative, but a little excessive in expecting the average player could or would want to take the time to do this.

2 hours ago, ChilMeiSTer1968 said:

Project harder, bro. He explained an unspoken rule and apparently you're offended enough to mock him.

Thank you for answering my question! I'm not really much of a gamer so its just something i was curious about.

4 hours ago, Ashlyn said:

It's a made up player rule, that nobody should ever feel obliged to abide by. 

In any case, I do believe this topic has been derailed enough. Stop your pointless bickering and keep it to the subject matter. 

Also, to correct a point Nightingale put forward, we already have item locking 🙂

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

In any case, I do believe this topic has been derailed enough. Stop your pointless bickering and keep it to the subject matter. 

Also, to correct a point Nightingale put forward, we already have item locking 🙂

Just because it's a player rule doesn't mean it's inconsequential. In Everquest there wasn't a rule against "training" (leading a group of mobs to aggro another player) other people, but you sure looked like a dickhead if you did. All good MMO communities have a way of policing themselves.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Kilmaine said:

Just because it's a player rule doesn't mean it's inconsequential. In Everquest there wasn't a rule against "training" (leading a group of mobs to aggro another player) other people, but you sure looked like a dickhead if you did. All good MMO communities have a way of policing themselves.

You want to talk more about this ahem, rule, make another topic about it. Not going to contribute to derailing this further. 

23 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Ok found what you are looking at from my PC account. I don't know anyone who actually did any of this once they found out workers had to be remade weekly for the boat and cost a fortune. 

so TL DR for any one new. you do not need 1,000 amity for anything related to the boat to get started with it. only if you WANT to upgrade your workers and pay about 50mil in sea monster items to keep him going week to week. 

Screenshot_2.png

I was wondering about that. 1000 amity seemed wild to me but then again I did do it for the repairing skill 😫😂 im holding out hope that some sort of blacksmiting besides worker related will come

6 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

Rules are inherently just guidelines made up by a community. There are a ton of things you can do in real life that won't land you in legal trouble but will get you ostracized by your neighbors. 

But hey, you do you. If you can manage to avoid  consequences, rules don't matter.