Jump to content
LebronJames

Wear and tear on XB1

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, maXmood said:

we're talking xbox here, with no remote access (even tho it's possible, but not many doing it).. xbox afk'ers doesn't get much of an advantage over none afk'ers.

Long term afkers use giants for workers so they last for long afk times.

Calpheon cooking and alchemy stations have higher durability and increase cooking time so u can afk at them longer.

Longer time in game gets you to the time played rewards faster.

Certain processing material weighs little and can be used for long afk processing(cotton, flax, wool) while heavier stuff like wood or ore can be processed while active.

Full inventory slots allows for 9.6 hours of afk fishing. 

 

Am i missing anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hieraphant said:

Long term afkers use giants for workers so they last for long afk times.

 

This right here. I use mostly Giants, with some Humans here and there. I afk so they can run while I am at work, and they pretty much last the entire day.

I generally only have to feed them twice a day, once in the morning before I leave for work, and once at night before I go to bed.

Giants FTW when you are lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 10:15 PM, Hieraphant said:

Ive stated this reply many times on this forums regarding this topic. It all personal preference. I had an OG xbox that i ran 24/7 365. Only time it wasnt on running something was during a power outage or when i packed it up for a trip. The ONLY reason i bought a new xbox one s was that it is 100% running BDO all the time so i needed a second one so my kids still had one to use.

I just got me X box one s . What I need to do to prevent switching off at afk fishing ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gurghul said:

I just got me X box one s . What I need to do to prevent switching off at afk fishing ?

Go into xbox setting and turn your inactivity timer to never turn off

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 6:22 PM, Hieraphant said:

Long term afkers use giants for workers so they last for long afk times.

Calpheon cooking and alchemy stations have higher durability and increase cooking time so u can afk at them longer.

Longer time in game gets you to the time played rewards faster.

Certain processing material weighs little and can be used for long afk processing(cotton, flax, wool) while heavier stuff like wood or ore can be processed while active.

Full inventory slots allows for 9.6 hours of afk fishing. 

 

Am i missing anything?

you're missing the whole thing lol

giants lasts longer and do a handful.. goblins lasts shorter and end up doing about the same as giants.. 

cooking utensils, one takes longer time to cook and do a handful, the other does it in a shorter time and bout the same as the long lasting..

longer game time gets you to the time played rewards faster, that's true, however, this isn't an advantage >.<

how can you get full inventory slots? pearl shop? anyone doing this means he's not the regular player and trying to hit the top of the list. those ppl don't count, they're not playing the game as 99% of the players do.

 

afk'ers on xbox doesn't get real advantage over non-afk'ers.. a little more i'd say, yes, but not a great gap.  we're not on pc where you can remotely manage, spend energy, have workers do different work, beer them, move materials around, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was under the impression that workers stop when you log off, as such, AFKers get much much more done. 

My XB1 OG has been on nearly constantly since launch (despite declaring nobody would ever leave their xbox on for 200000 hours this isnt PC, lol, I know, I was wrong there).  Texture loads are getting longer and longer and now spilling over to other games.  I think my vid card is going out. :/ (EDIT: as in beginning to overheat, texture crapping out is usually the first symptom I've noticed before repasting GPUs in my PCs over the years.  If weird-ass geometric shapes and lines begin to appear...RIP)

Edited by Hardcore
ya know....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an X scorpio.  I bought an XB1S for $199 just for this game.  At night I switch from my X to my S to AFK.  S runs cooler and more silent.  I just got my 1000 hour reward last night 😧.  If you got some extra scratch and love this game, this is what I would recommend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, maXmood said:

afk'ers on xbox doesn't get real advantage over non-afk'ers.. a little more i'd say, yes, but not a great gap.  we're not on pc where you can remotely manage, spend energy, have workers do different work, beer them, move materials around, etc.

Totally disagree.  Your workers only work while online.  So anyone trying to exploit the economy to its fullest and is online all day every day WILL out-economy someone that is not on all day.  I am at the point were I am moving 10s of thousands of materials to process and sell.  I think I just sold a stack of something last night for 34million.  I have so many resources I don't even remember what it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, lancia12 said:

I have an X scorpio.  I bought an XB1S for $199 just for this game.  At night I switch from my X to my S to AFK.  S runs cooler and more silent.  I just got my 1000 hour reward last night 😧.  If you got some extra scratch and love this game, this is what I would recommend.

Im right there with you. Bought an S specifically for BDO. Nothing else loaded on it and works like a dream

35 minutes ago, lancia12 said:

Totally disagree.  Your workers only work while online.  So anyone trying to exploit the economy to its fullest and is online all day every day WILL out-economy someone that is not on all day.  I am at the point were I am moving 10s of thousands of materials to process and sell.  I think I just sold a stack of something last night for 34million.  I have so many resources I don't even remember what it was.

I hear that, i just consolidated a few thousand fish into a centralized location to work with. Dont even get me started on forgetting about Tariff and ending up with 10k+ cotton and flax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFK Sucks !!!  These AFK systems should be replaced...

Offline system would be better... Or none at all !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×