Sign in to follow this  
Tempestsun

Any news on Class balance update?

You have a better chance checking bdo pc forums. If they get any balance patches we will get them but dont hold your breath classes will never be balanced. What do you consider balance though? All classes same damage? Same skills? 

The Meta will shift heavily with Awakenings, Ultimates etc., like Strikers that are kinda god-like now will go low-tier when it comes to PVP due to terrible AP Scalling high-end and the fact they are worst grinders in game etc. Just wait till Awa comes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

The Meta will shift heavily with Awakenings, Ultimates etc., like Strikers that are kinda god-like now will go low-tier when it comes to PVP due to terrible AP Scalling high-end and the fact they are worst grinders in game etc. Just wait till Awa comes.

Meh, don't be so harsh on the strokers please 💔 but yeah, the game will change with the long awaited awakenings.. when they finally come that is... 😥

Edited by Rocketfuel77777

10 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

TRIGGERED

but ye grinding wise strikers arnt top tier but I would say mid-high

Just now, Dr INF3NRO said:

TRIGGERED

T.r.a.s.h...t.i.e.r.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

T.r.a.s.h...t.i.e.r.

Grinding is brutal on striker. Pvp is hella nice though.

Yeah grinding strikers terrible but pvp and that leg drop and clones aint no joke lol

Edited by Bnews757
  • Like 1

Your not getting any balance. You get whatever is on pc. Its a port not a new game. Everything on pc will come to xbox or already has regarding balance. Only a fool judges balance without awakenings and jins to start with. Also understand In bdo, There are NO bad classes. Classes are made to do different things. If you arent playing them to the skill set thats your issue not a balance issue. You cant expect your class to be able to 1v1 any other class evenly or fit multiple playstyles. If a class doesnt fit your style of play, reroll. Pa wont give you balance to make it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maXmood said:

Ninja is top tier i presume? which won't be out till probably later this year or early next year?

Top tier what lol

38 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

TRIGGERED

I don't want to upset you or anything, but Strikers are by far the worst class to grind on due to AP Scalling and inconsistent DMG. Here have an example from person who re-rolled from Striker, exactly the same gear via Weapon Exchange Coupons:

62 Striker with 2000 Skill Points - Aakman: https://streamable.com/020aa

61 Lahn with 1100 Skill Points - Hystria (Much Tougher Mobs)https://streamable.com/btdf7

16 minutes ago, maXmood said:

Ninja is top tier i presume? which won't be out till probably later this year or early next year?

Ninja is good in 1v1 PVP if you know the class, mediocre grinder, but it's rather fun class i guess, tho i never played it myself. Ultimately you want to stick with whichever class feels the best to you. That's why i kinda love my Lahn tho people are trash-taklking her all the time.

15 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Top tier what lol

everyone is ninja this, ninja that.. >.< i thought ninja is the best in everything..

10 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

Ninja is good in 1v1 PVP if you know the class, mediocre grinder, but it's rather fun class i guess, tho i never played it myself. Ultimately you want to stick with whichever class feels the best to you. That's why i kinda love my Lahn tho people are trash-taklking her all the time.

i like the warrior, but at this stage, i think without awakening it's just meh.. 

i got a striker now, very predictable i'd say, fun to play, but i still prefer the warrior. i might start a DK tonight and see how she feels. maybe a musa in the next few days.

17 minutes ago, maXmood said:

everyone is ninja this, ninja that.. >.< i thought ninja is the best in everything..

i like the warrior, but at this stage, i think without awakening it's just meh.. 

i got a striker now, very predictable i'd say, fun to play, but i still prefer the warrior. i might start a DK tonight and see how she feels. maybe a musa in the next few days.

Ninja is great 1v1 if you know what your doing. You just cant hop on ninja and be good. You can telp easily and good one from a bad one. A good one is very very dangerous

7 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Ninja is great 1v1 if you know what your doing. You just cant hop on ninja and be good. You can telp easily and good one from a bad one. A good one is very very dangerous

i'll be the dangerous one then :P 

i'll probably lvl one up when it finally comes out and see if it fits my play style. 

3 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

I don't want to upset you or anything, but Strikers are by far the worst class to grind on due to AP Scalling and inconsistent DMG. Here have an example from person who re-rolled from Striker, exactly the same gear via Weapon Exchange Coupons:

61 Lahn with 1100 Skill Points - Hystria (Much Tougher Mobs)https://streamable.com/btdf7

Those are top pve spots which yes, striker isnt very good at as it has nice burst but **** sustained dmg. But that's only 2 spots. Anything else strokers can obliterate ez and compete with musa etc.

Strikers are good at what they do and sadly(?) Endgame pve is not what they shine at. 

Saying the class Is worst grinder is half the truth.

But I totally agree with those specific spots.

• Like 1

I don't want all classes to have same damage or be completely equal but it's a bit ridiculous when one class seems like literal gods even with sub par gear, then you have ranger shotgun spam. It's kind of ridiculous 80% of their kit isn't used and they just spam 1 ability that does way too much damage. I almost feel bad for the people playing ranger due to how they must be played.  

Things just are a bit of a mess right now,  and saying it'll even out with awakenings is great and all but long will we have to put up with things the way they are now. 

11 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

Grinding wise I can agree its far from the best, but in pvp that's where they shine

Ok there's no way of saying this without triggering someone, but often times when someone complains about class balance they're attributing their lack of success to their class or their opponents class instead of a lack of gear or (nobody likes to hear this) class familiarity, pvp experience and skill (or not giving enough credit to their opponents skill). 

rangers are a good example here. yes, shotgun spam is easy to pull off and a geared one can be extremely triggering, and in group pvp even mediocre ones can just hang back hold 3 buttons and get their name on lots of kill feeds. however they're far from unbeatable especially 1v1 and can get countered hard by classes that a lot of players complain about being underpowered, such as warriors. warriors who say they simply can't kill rangers or that rangers are unbeatable are probably either undergeared or underskilled relative to their opponent. that's just one example that comes to mind. doubly or triply true for DK's, who absolutely eat rangers for lunch.

this isn't to say the game is perfectly balanced as all things should be - no class based game ever is - and to the extent they are balanced, they're not necessarily balanced specifically *around 1v1*. witchtards pre-awakening are a good example of this (underwhelming 1v1, absolutely essential in large scale to the point that they make or break engagements and matter more than literally every other class in the game in team fights, even more than zerks with their OP ulti), although even there a good and geared one can be an absolute cc nightmare in 1v1 situations.

lastly, as everyone has said awakening changes everything so expecting major pre-awakening class balance patches independent of PC is just a non-starter. 

all I'm saying is that before you attribute everything to class alone, do a quick self assessment to make sure you're comparing apples to apples. gear makes a huge difference, and skill does too. in that order.

thanks

13 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

Your absolutely crazy if you think striker falls of in pvp with awakening they become a lot stronger with burst potential. Strikers right now do little damage. And yes although they aren't the best for pve. We can easily move into a mystic when they are released as they share the same gear.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

Your not getting any balance. You get whatever is on pc. Its a port not a new game. Everything on pc will come to xbox or already has regarding balance. Only a fool judges balance without awakenings and jins to start with. Also understand In bdo, There are NO bad classes. Classes are made to do different things. If you arent playing them to the skill set thats your issue not a balance issue. You cant expect your class to be able to 1v1 any other class evenly or fit multiple playstyles. If a class doesnt fit your style of play, reroll. Pa wont give you balance to make it. 

Oh so incorrect.. while most is ported there are alot of noticable changes... also they been listening to the people and changing the game as we see fit... so def not a straight from pc clone it took pc 8 months to get med part 1.... not to mention classes like striker and stuff lol if it was straight from pc we would have awakening now and no striker or dk but musa tamer ninja and such

1 minute ago, Riggers said:

Your absolutely crazy if you think striker falls of in pvp with awakening they become a lot stronger with burst potential. Strikers right now do little damage. And yes although they aren't the best for pve. We can easily move into a mystic when they are released as they share the same gear.

Its usuallt the people who suck at playing them that say "trash tier and bad class"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Danksaurusrex said:

Oh so incorrect.. while most is ported there are alot of noticable changes... also they been listening to the people and changing the game as we see fit... so def not a straight from pc clone it took pc 8 months to get med part 1.... not to mention classes like striker and stuff lol if it was straight from pc we would have awakening now and no striker or dk but musa tamer ninja and such

What have they changed and listen to that differs from pc? Changing world boss time? Lo It took pc 8months because it was new. We have stuff faster because they said they speed it up to catch up. So far they are good on that but class balances are going to come straight from pc nothing will change about that. If you like to pvp then striker is a great choice complete beast once awakenings come out.

• Haha 1