Jump to content
JayMadIV

The Enhancement System in this game is arguably the absolute worst system I have ever seen in a MMO.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Seriously, it is absolutely terrible, even worse than Neverwinter, and Neverwinter's gear enhancing system is TERRIBLE.

Yes, I know it won't change. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Go ahead, apologists and tell me why I'm wrong and need to git gud or whatever, I don't care.

Enhancing in this game is THE. WORST. 

I enjoy literally everything else about this game, but I get the feeling that sometime in the future if I end up quitting and moving to another game, Enhancing will be the reason why.

thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Edited by JayMadIV
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree for the most part, blowing up accessories is the worst feeling and we don’t even have TET and PEN yet. I just try not to get too triggered by it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t really foresee anyone defending the enhancement system too much because it’s far and away the least popular part of the game even among devoted players. It triggers everyone albeit to different degrees.

That said, some people really get into the gambling and probably enjoy the dopamine rush for its own sake (I personally don’t)

At least we can look forward to the purifying NPC to degrade gear. Having to suicide on neg karma alts is definitely one of the most absurd parts of the process, and getting rid of that step is a huge QoL improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when I'm feeling down I just start smashing asula/sealed together to feel better about myself 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JayMadIV said:

Seriously, it is absolutely terrible, even worse than Neverwinter, and Neverwinter's gear enhancing system is TERRIBLE.

Yes, I know it won't change. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Go ahead, apologists and tell me why I'm wrong and need to git gud or whatever, I don't care.

Enhancing in this game is THE. WORST. 

I enjoy literally everything else about this game, but I get the feeling that sometime in the future if I end up quitting and moving to another game, Enhancing will be the reason why.

thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

No defense here ... i f'ing hate it. 

Primarily the reason i quit pc. Blowing stuff up for a month straight got to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, its frustrating, but it really feels nice when it succeeds. I spent all day trying to build fs as a back up in case my Kzarka failed going to TRI, it succeeded first try though. I was frustrated because I couldn't build any fail stacks above 13, but getting it in the end felt very rewarding. So I can see why people hate it, I'm not going to defend it or even say I enjoy it, but I accept it as part of the game and enjoy the fact that only the very dedicated and/or lucky players will be the most powerful. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JayMadIV said:

Seriously, it is absolutely terrible, even worse than Neverwinter, and Neverwinter's gear enhancing system is TERRIBLE.

Yes, I know it won't change. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Go ahead, apologists and tell me why I'm wrong and need to git gud or whatever, I don't care.

Enhancing in this game is THE. WORST. 

I enjoy literally everything else about this game, but I get the feeling that sometime in the future if I end up quitting and moving to another game, Enhancing will be the reason why.

thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Go play origional Archeage before the enhancement changes and u will BEG to come back to this system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imo best thing you can do to lesson the blow from a fail is have a backup in place. My main is a witch and so are two of my boss alts and there's a very good reason for this. Before I attempt to go past the (when its released) I plan on going for a second tri. If it fails in at least will have another so my gear score won't suffer, if it passes I got a boss alt who will love my backup and can actually use the mainhand weapon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep a dart board in your room with a picture of the black spirit. Not responsible for the holes in your wall...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah its the one of the main reasons people quit/ break something 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JayMadIV said:

Seriously, it is absolutely terrible, even worse than Neverwinter, and Neverwinter's gear enhancing system is TERRIBLE.

Yes, I know it won't change. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Go ahead, apologists and tell me why I'm wrong and need to git gud or whatever, I don't care.

Enhancing in this game is THE. WORST. 

I enjoy literally everything else about this game, but I get the feeling that sometime in the future if I end up quitting and moving to another game, Enhancing will be the reason why.

thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Agreed. This failsatack business is just ridiculous. Waste of time, too many resources and money. The chance rate is just terrible. I put off leveling gear until last night. Blew through my saved stones and only got my weapons to +15 and +14. Back to blackstone farming I guess. What's frustrating is when you are failstacking and the black spirit trolls you with a succes on 4% chance with reblath and your trying to go +14. Like what? Too much rng in a system that should have some protection in place. I mean make it so it keeps failing till 15 stones or so at that level. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Darthaden said:

Imo best thing you can do to lesson the blow from a fail is have a backup in place. My main is a witch and so are two of my boss alts and there's a very good reason for this. Before I attempt to go past the (when its released) I plan on going for a second tri. If it fails in at least will have another so my gear score won't suffer, if it passes I got a boss alt who will love my backup and can actually use the mainhand weapon

what this guy said. if you make sure to never go *down* in GS / AP / whatever, it's just tedious and not really as soul crushing. at the end of the day it's about internalising that it's all about persistence, and a little or lot of luck.

edit : I also want to point out that threads like these become magnets for all kinds of complaints, warranted or not. The enchantment system is challenging, often frustrating and fundamentally uncertain - but it is much more manageable than many new players think or say it is. Users who talk about being unable to hit stuff like +14 and blame the system itself probably just don't understand the game well enough or are extremely casual players who expect disproportionate gains relative to their investment. 

Edited by Roots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Atreuss said:

Agreed. This failsatack business is just ridiculous. Waste of time, too many resources and money. The chance rate is just terrible. I put off leveling gear until last night. Blew through my saved stones and only got my weapons to +15 and +14. Back to blackstone farming I guess. What's frustrating is when you are failstacking and the black spirit trolls you with a succes on 4% chance with reblath and your trying to go +14. Like what? Too much rng in a system that should have some protection in place. I mean make it so it keeps failing till 15 stones or so at that level. 

This right here is why I don't failstack on reblath like most people, I use horse gear. If I happen to hit +10 (highest horse gear goes if anyone doesn't know) them great I got some nice gear for one of my horses, if I get my 20 stack I want great I can start going for duo on something......either way I'm happy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

RNG is mostly unfair, mostly, not always.

For example, yesterday I made 0 to +15 on Leather Vambrace with 80 durability left AND made it ultimate with only one reform stone - that's some serious RNG carry. Then I two shot PRI and 4 shot DUO.. not a bad attempt at all. 

The other day I pretty much blasted all my Reblath.. and was left with bunch of +15 pieces.

Still loving the game XD

 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got x3 30fs trying to +15 my muskan boots still at +14 , run out of money ,memory fragment and black stones , my liverto Is seating at +13 with 80 dura  cus muskan first  but fail 2 tri witch attempt at 43 fs ,  got tri necklets and tri belt tho  and i was able to make a duo marks for profit but I got to the point where I was about to open a hole on my tv  rngesus  did me good

since drop rate is so low , and the rng is so bad , I will probably quit once I start failing the expensive gear. but is to early to make predictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just buy it.  I seem to be making millions in this game by selling crap nobody wants at max bid then buying tri bares whatever at min bid . When we get night venders ill try my luck with them since all my boss fights seem to last all of ten seconds and i get more stuff to sell and no gear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Orisha said:

I got x3 30fs trying to +15 my muskan boots still at +14 , run out of money ,memory fragment and black stones , my liverto Is seating at +13 with 80 dura  cus muskan first  but fail 2 tri witch attempt at 43 fs ,  got tri necklets and tri belt tho  and i was able to make a duo marks for profit but I got to the point where I was about to open a hole on my tv  rngesus  did me good

since drop rate is so low , and the rng is so bad , I will probably quit once I start failing the expensive gear. but is to early to make predictions.

You can sell me these +14 muskans at max bid lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The success rate of boss gear is half of whats displayed if not less, thats the triggering part, that your lied to the entire time to get you waste material and turn to the pearl shop. Since they lie about that what else are they lying about? I beg you do not dump a bunch of money into this game, the satisfied feeling your searching for never comes, then point where you dont need to turn to the pearl shop to make the game playable never comes or even lighten up. Send in a request for a refund and if denied do a charge back given the game is scheme to get your money and gives inaccurate data to get you to do so. Thats a fact.

Edited by SoMoist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2019 at 8:44 AM, Rocketfuel77777 said:

RNG is mostly unfair, mostly, not always.

For example, yesterday I made 0 to +15 on Leather Vambrace with 80 durability left AND made it ultimate with only one reform stone - that's some serious RNG carry. Then I two shot PRI and 4 shot DUO.. not a bad attempt at all. 

The other day I pretty much blasted all my Reblath.. and was left with bunch of +15 pieces.

Still loving the game XD

 

Its not RNG its a lie, with a supposedly %25 or better sucess rate my Kzarka from +15 still has not went to Pri after 14 attempts. After 40 or so green pieces ive never had anything close to that. 400+ mem frags to get it to +15 and i always ran high fail stacks. Thats not RNG thats being lied too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

25% is still a 75% fail rate. It is still an abysmally low chance to proc so it's not surprising for someone to fail that many times. 

RNG is RNG. I one tapped my sub weapon from +15 to duo at 0fs fu/cking around. But haven't been able to get Tri after 8 tries on 30+fs. 

It is what it is. 

Edited by Shanath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shanath said:

25% is still a 75% fail rate. It is still an abysmally low chance to proc so it's not surprising for someone to fail that many times. 

RNG is RNG. I one tapped my sub weapon from +15 to duo at 0fs fu/cking around. But haven't been able to get Tri after 8 tries on 30+fs. 

It is what it is. 

People think 25% means 1 in 4 chance but its not. Every roll is a fresh 25 success 75 fail. You could fail 5000 times with bad rng, but doesnt change the fact that each roll is 3 times as likely to fail then succeed.

 

I hate when i 0 tap a +15 or a duo but it happens(more often then not when im actually trying to build a fs)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SoMoist said:

Its not RNG its a lie, with a supposedly %25 or better sucess rate my Kzarka from +15 still has not went to Pri after 14 attempts. After 40 or so green pieces ive never had anything close to that. 400+ mem frags to get it to +15 and i always ran high fail stacks. Thats not RNG thats being lied too. 

they implement the rng system here because they know how competitive players can be , they know once player start failing and breaking gears they will turn to the pear shop trying to minimize failing at all cost  and that's money for they packet. #p2w. that's 25% rate is a meme.

at the moment nothing of that bothers me since I don't p2w and I don't see myself playing this game for a long period of time, I have try everything  implemented in the game from life skilling to grinding and everything is super boring, the only thing that keeps me playing  is the pvp and node wars and im a 400gs striker and 400gs witch. at soon as x game come out im out.

I think that we will see more Xbox player leaving once further content come out with more expensive accessories once they grind for like 4 hours to get one or two ring drop  and blow them later on enhancement costing them multiples real life hours and billions of silver but there is players that's still love this system look at pc for example,  the game is well populated  there , is not like one of the big mmo games but is doing ok.

PA won't change any of that ,they are too money hungry, if they change the enhancement  rate, money will stop coming and that's not good for business.

I wish you the best of luck to you all enhancing... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Some of you have never played Maplestory and it shows... lol but forreal, atleast in BDO it displays your failstacks and even your success chance so you know the exact risk every single time. Traditionally, Korean grinder MMOs have not been so forthright with the RNG.

Edited by TREYWAY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the system as well, I'd be okay if I were able to store my failstacks into a valks and apply it regardless of where my failstacks on my other characters are at but.. unfortunately that's not the case.
Imagine I fail 15 times I store it and try again to get 15 more failstacks; I then combine both for 30 failstacks but instead you have to try to fail just to prevail like that's truly annoying. I've been trying to Tri my Kzarka sword for the longest time and it's just not working out. I'm blown away that people on youtube somehow amass 100 failstacks on PC but if we can at-least have a system where we can just fail on purpose, then that would alleviate all of my issues with failstacking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...