JayMadIV

The Enhancement System in this game is arguably the absolute worst system I have ever seen in a MMO.

this is a vicious circle of the game is what makes playing more and more because there will always be 
failure and you always need to start over to repair this failure, do not feel defeated by failure to improve 
because it is common for you to feel victorious when Can you do it
what's the point of the game if everyone in only 3 months of gameplay is already full? 😁
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

The price went to 2 Mil, but the required Amount got reduced by 1/2 so it's still the same. Only purpose of this change was to make Melting Costumes more appealing without actually increasing Cron amount from Costumes.

So do you still get the same amount of Crons from costumes as pre patch? I'm guessing so as you stated the change was to make buying costumes more appealing.

Enhancent system is fine, remember its a korean mmo it is supposed to be  as grindy and p2w as it can be. If you dislike it, stop playing now because TET fails is nothing yet.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scrzorz said:

Enhancent system is fine, remember its a korean mmo it is supposed to be  as grindy and p2w as it can be. If you dislike it, stop playing now because TET fails is nothing yet.

Good reasoning right there /slowclap

Posted (edited)

I haven't play any recent MMOs so maybe I'm missing something but the last one I played was WoW around release and that was grindy as hell. I've played this game for like 3 weeks semi-casually and I already have a kzarka which I understand is near endgame. I also have 4 characters over lvl 56. Only money I spent on the game went to pets.

Do recent games get you to endgame within a couple months? Because I remember most MMOs taking months of grinding to get there, which is why I stopped playing them.

Also I'm a noob at the game still but I assumed given the fast pace of the pvp in this game that skill would matter more than gear. Is the obsession over gear score just forum min-maxing theorycrafting? Are all pvp'ers running around on PC with maxed out pen gear?

Edited by justfaded

15 minutes ago, justfaded said:

I haven't play any recent MMOs so maybe I'm missing something but the last one I played was WoW around release and that was grindy as hell. I've played this game for like 3 weeks semi-casually and I already have a tri kzarka which I understand is near endgame. I also have 4 characters over lvl 56. Only money I spent on the game went to pets.

Do recent games get you to endgame within a couple months? Because I remember most MMOs taking months of grinding to get there, which is why I stopped playing them.

Also I'm a noob at the game still but I assumed given the fast pace of the pvp in this game that skill would matter more than gear. Is the obsession over gear score just forum min-maxing theorycrafting? Are all pvp'ers running around on PC with maxed out pen gear?

Skill makes no difference if someone outgears you.  The difference between 350 gs for example and someone that's at 400 is so big that you might as well not even try at PvP. 

Skill only matters when you're close to your opponent's gear score and nothing else. 

On 5/15/2019 at 6:18 AM, Koromas said:

The fact of the matter is people are not fail stacking right I seen people going for Tet with less then 50stacks which is stupid, TET stack range is 54-90 that was always the norm on pc, PEN was 90-110 and pen accessories was 110 plus.

the system is harsh but it’s good, it doesn’t just hand people what they want it makes them work for it, for me I like it and I been bitten by it before it sucks when u fail however this game is not like other MMO’s it’s not easy mode it doesn’t hold your hand, sooner people see that and accept it the better.

before you start the fan boy comments don’t bother, that’s my

point of view and there are things that need fixing and issues that need resolving but for me this isn’t one of them. 

Also I love watching the wallet warriors failing so much it’s a beautiful thing 🤣

I personally love BDO for it's originality. The RNG is harsh. But the way I see it in most other MMOs is usually leveling is a choking hazard the higher you get, but the gearing is not that hard. But BDO makes leveling fairly easy but makes the gearing hard. But gotta love the RNG lol. One minute you feel your at the top of the world getting back to back enhancements then the next minute your raging at your screen because you've failed 7 times in a row at 40 percent chance 😆. And yes indeed I don't think some people are not fail stacking right.

Posted (edited)

RNG is RNG. It doesn't matter if you're failstacking right or not. I've blown up accessories going for tri at 50 fs and have gotten tets on 30 fs. Hell, someone even posted a video of getting a pen at 35 fs. Just a straight up meme. 

Edited by Shanath
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, justfaded said:

I haven't play any recent MMOs so maybe I'm missing something but the last one I played was WoW around release and that was grindy as hell. I've played this game for like 3 weeks semi-casually and I already have a kzarka which I understand is near endgame. I also have 4 characters over lvl 56. Only money I spent on the game went to pets.

As mentioned above gear outright wins over skill unless you're the same or very close. It also dictates your progression due to needing a specific AP to grind effectively (which is pretty much what the whole pve element is about). Not only do you need to have the Gearscore to grind, but also to be able to defend your spot. Someone comes with a higher GS or in a team of 2-3 you might as well pack up & leave unless you want to waste an hour dying and losing XP.

Kzarka is BIS you're correct but just having one at TRI isn't going to cut it when you're facing someone who's TET/TRI mixed. You might be lucky and get that to TET or you might waste 1 billion silver trying for TRI to TET in 1 item. That's the nature of RNG is this game and it can set your progression back massively. Throw some P2W into the mix and you find yourself falling behind pretty fast.

1 hour ago, Shanath said:

Skill makes no difference if someone outgears you.  The difference between 350 gs for example and someone that's at 400 is so big that you might as well not even try at PvP. 

Skill only matters when you're close to your opponent's gear score and nothing else. 

Why? Doesn't pvp revolve around I-frames and super armor and mechanics like that? It seems fast paced and there are damage mitigation playstyles in the videos I've watched. 

Are you saying pvp is all face-tanking and damage racing? Shouldn't AP matter less if playstyles can revolve around not getting hit?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, justfaded said:

Why? Doesn't pvp revolve around I-frames and super armor and mechanics like that? It seems fast paced and there are damage mitigation playstyles in the videos I've watched. 

Are you saying pvp is all face-tanking and damage racing? Shouldn't AP matter less if playstyles can revolve around not getting hit?

Well if you play a tankier class with iframes & super armour you'll will most definitely survive longer if you rotate them correctly, but at best you might escape if you choose to. You will not be able to kill them and you will die once caught. This is why gear progression is so important to stay viable in both pve & PvP. Another thing you should be aware of is the crappy sync delay. More often than not you will get CCd in both iframes and SA making it very annoying to actually rely on nailing your rotations & combos. Just another element of unintentional RNG that the game has to offer. Haven't seen it mentioned once by the GM's/Devs. They're too busy adding stuff to the cash shop and making changes to improve the P2W cash flow.

Don't get me wrong PvP is & can be fun, but that element of gear over everything will always be there sadly. I mean even if they added some kinda PvP minigames that equalised everyones GS that would be a step in the right direction, but all we have is red battlefield which is probably the worst BG I've ever played. It's also dead and you barely ever get anymore than 1-2 players in each team.

Theres also a common consensus that once everyone hits soft cap in maybe a year or so that 1v1 is based on whoever gets the first grab/cc that will win the fight.

Edited by OKAYIGETITNOW
Add info

On 5/16/2019 at 1:18 AM, DTG said:

crons are 2mil silver now. 

haha even worse 255m to have a safe go at tet with zarka (insane) over a billion for 1 poxy attempt at pen its not even funny anymore this game takes the micky lmao

7 tries to get my kzarka to tet which is pretty average I think.

Think it cost me 300 mil in parts from base and some fail stacks i had left over from crafting grunil to sell.

Doesn't seem worth it to use chrons outside of a PEN attempt. Maybe a green tet.

But if you have the cash or silver to burn and it's your next upgrade then go for it.

2 hours ago, dannys12 said:

haha even worse 255m to have a safe go at tet with zarka (insane) over a billion for 1 poxy attempt at pen its not even funny anymore this game takes the micky lmao

Nope, the price may have doubled, but the crons required have been halved. The price remains the same, except in cases with odd amounts of crons needed, I imagine that's been rounded up so will cost 2mil more than before. 

4 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

Nope, the price may have doubled, but the crons required have been halved. The price remains the same, except in cases with odd amounts of crons needed, I imagine that's been rounded up so will cost 2mil more than before. 

Yeah you do realise the reason they made that change though? To make buying costumes more attractive. You can still extract the same amount of Crons from costumes as you could prior to the change effectively making costumes worth double the material/melting value (186m now 93m before). It's this kinda blatant enforcement of P2W that people don't like. I mean I can't recall seeing that information and reasoning in the patch notes.

4 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

And he would be correct it's 127 Crons for a TET attempt on Kzarka so double that and you have 254m per attempt (or 1.3 melted costumes).

2 hours ago, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

And he would be correct it's 127 Crons for a TET attempt on Kzarka so double that and you have 254m per attempt (or 1.3 melted costumes).

Aka, the same cost as before 

And I'm not getting into another debate about this game not being p2w. I don't have the patience to keep educating you guys fruitlessly. 

24 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

Aka, the same cost as before 

And I'm not getting into another debate about this game not being p2w. I don't have the patience to keep educating you guys fruitlessly. 

Yeah he quoted the correct price and you said nope.

I feel the same way when facing someone who's obviously in denial that's it's P2W.  It's like talking to a flat earther!

Posted (edited)

I mean it is most definitely P2W as you have the chance to advance much faster if you have money to burn away.

I do want to point out the chance factor of the whole thing as you might spend thousands and not even hit a single pen if you're unlucky. Doesn't make it any less true, however. 

Edited by Shanath

Just now, Shanath said:

I mean it is most definitely P2W as you have the chance to advance much faster if you have money to burn away.

I do want to point out the chance factor of the whole thing as you might spend thousands and not even hit a single tet if you're unlucky. Doesn't make it any less true, however. 

I prefer to use the term "Pay for convenience" because we can get all the same things, just at a slower pace. 

But enough derailing. That isn't what the topic is about. It's about Enhancement being terrible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yiazzy said:

I prefer to use the term "Pay for convenience" because we can get all the same things, just at a slower pace. 

Microtransactions aren't p2w in small amounts, but when you get to the 10k+ USD macrotransactions then it becomes p2w. The rate you can progress in a small time determines whether a game is p2w. Not the fact that you can get an exclusive costume in the PS.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

But enough derailing. That isn't what the topic is about. It's about Enhancement being terrible. 

Have you not been watching that one dude literally named “pay2win”? He’s already at full pen gear. He streams and uses all the funds in the cash shop and is straight roflstomping everyone in pvp rn. Please stop with the fanboy “iTs PaY fOr CoNvEnIenCE” crap. 

I’m not saying the game isn’t enjoyable, but it is absolutely one of the most p2w games that isn’t free to play.

Edited by Kure

25 minutes ago, Kure said:

Have you not been watching that one dude literally named “pay2win”? He’s already at full pen gear. He streams and uses all the funds in the cash shop and is straight roflstomping everyone in pvp rn. Please stop with the fanboy “iTs PaY fOr CoNvEnIenCE” crap. 

I’m not saying the game isn’t enjoyable, but it is absolutely one of the most p2w games that isn’t free to play.

He doesn’t stream, his name is Mr. PayToWin, he’s not full PEN, stop using him as example as he has spent over $30,000 in this game. It’s unrealistic and he’s a huge outlier.

Also he is not roflstomping he still loses to bad class match ups against people who have thumbs.

The misinformation people give on these forums to try and get their point across is actually sad.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Anyone said:

He doesn’t stream, his name is Mr. PayToWin, he’s not full PEN, stop using him as example as he has spent over $30,000 in this game. It’s unrealistic and he’s a huge outlier.

Also he is not roflstomping he still loses to bad class match ups against people who have thumbs.

The misinformation people give on these forums to try and get their point across is actually sad.

Actually he is full pen buddy, minus some accessories.. And everything I stated is what I personally witnessed among others. Hell the top voted thread on Reddit is a discussion about this game being p2w with him being used as the prime example but suuuure lets call it “misinformation”. 

The fanboys defending these p2w predatory business practices on a buy to play game is actually sad.

*gives examples on how game is clearly p2w

”U cAnT uSe hIm aS aN eXaMpLe, hE dOEsNt cOuNT”

Man you guys are comical.

Edited by Kure

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Kure said:

Actually he is full pen buddy, minus some accessories.. And everything I stated is what I personally witnessed among others. Hell the top voted thread on Reddit is a discussion about this game being p2w with him being used as the prime example but suuuure lets call it “misinformation”. 

The fanboys defending these p2w predatory business practices on a buy to play game is actually sad.

*gives examples on how game is clearly p2w

”U cAnT uSe hIm aS aN eXaMpLe, hE dOEsNt cOuNT”

Man you guys are comical.

I never said the game wasn’t pay to win? Where did I say that? Stop putting words in my mouth.

I pointed out that fact that you cry babies continue to point to him as an example when he’s literally the only person at that level because of the amount of money you have to spend to stand out is astronomical, 74 attempts on his boots alone cronned. Do the math. Also once again he is not full pen, he’s not even full TET for accessories. He was asking people for their boss gear in twitch chat not long ago cause he’s unlucky so he’s not even full boss gear.

Im willing to bet you’re the type that gets packed up and says the other person must be a whale. If the practices of PA bother you that much why are you still supporting them? Drop the game already you’re a joke. Who complains this much about bad business practices and STILL follows? They don’t have a monopoly on the market you have choices, it’s not going to change either.

Edited by Anyone