JayMadIV

The Enhancement System in this game is arguably the absolute worst system I have ever seen in a MMO.

On 4/18/2019 at 2:48 AM, Uberkull said:

Keep a dart board in your room with a picture of the black spirit. Not responsible for the holes in your wall...

One of the reasons why I wear the "hated by the black spirit" title. 😂

Yes the RNG is harsh, i failed my TRI MoS for 6 times before betting it, melting like 800 mil just for that :D. But hey - if you don't like RNG, just buy the Accessories off Marketplace and Cron your higher tier Enchantments on Gear. You might need to wait a while, but it's absolutely legit way of going about it. I can for sure tell you i will NOT TET my Accessories and preorder em all. 

Posted (edited)

A couple weeks ago, not long after I made this thread.  I successfully enhanced my Yuria Blade to Duo. I was incredibly happy. YEAH BOY!  Finally had a decent weapon to replace my Black Abyssal.

I kept going, trying for Tri just like any normal enhance. fail, fail,fail,fail. At which point I said oh well, at least I got a Duo, that'll do for now, I can repair my weapon and try again later.

bought a buncha green Yurias from the CM to repair my weapon. Opened my Inventory....My Yuria is a PRI. 

I ask WTF in Guild Discord, and they inform me that every single time you fail an enhance at that level, not only does your durability go down, but your weapon goes back to Pri. 100% chance to downgrade upon failing.

I promptly logged out, Green Yurias still in my inventory, weapon unrepaired.  I played the Bless Unleashed Beta or a weekend. it was decent but not spectacular. I logged into BDX a few days later, played for about an hour. Logged off, didn't have the will to play anymore.

I logged in a couple of days later solely to leave my Guild and then immediately logged back out. haven't logged back in since.

Congratulations, PA. I know my money doesn't mean anything to you in the grand scheme of whaling Pay2Win, but congratulations. I'm now playing The Division 2 and praying that Square Enix announces FFXIV to Xbox at E3. just popped in here on a whim cause I was bored at work.

Edited by JayMadIV
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JayMadIV said:

A couple weeks ago, not long after I made this thread.  I successfully enhanced my Yuria Blade to Duo. I was incredibly happy. YEAH BOY!  Finally had a decent weapon to replace my Black Abyssal.

I kept going, trying for Tri just like any normal enhance. fail, fail,fail,fail. At which point I said oh well, at least I got a Duo, that'll do for now, I can repair my weapon and try again later.

bought a buncha green Yurias from the CM to repair my weapon. Opened my Inventory....My Yuria is a PRI. 

I ask WTF in Guild Discord, and they inform me that every single time you fail an enhance at that level, not only does your durability go down, but your weapon goes back to Pri. 100% chance to downgrade upon failing.

I promptly logged out, Green Yurias still in my inventory, weapon unrepaired.  I played the Bless Unleashed Beta or a weekend. it was decent but not spectacular. I logged into BDX a few days later, played for about an hour. Logged off, didn't have the will to play anymore.

I logged in a couple of days later solely to leave my Guild and then immediately logged back out. haven't logged back in since.

Congratulations, PA. I know my money doesn't mean anything to you in the grand scheme of whaling Pay2Win, but congratulations. I'm now playing The Division 2 and praying that Square Enix announces FFXIV to Xbox at E3. just popped in here on a whim cause I was bored at work.

dude! lol if you quit the game because you couldn't tri a yuria then I feel sorry for you with tet and pen boss gear lol but really you shouldn't feel to give up that easy

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The moment of realization came for me when I seen people frantically boosting TET with Crons after the last patch. I mean I don't think the FS system is a bad system. It makes you work for your gear. What I think is bad is the item degrading after you fail pretty much 100% of the time. I mean you grind for 2-3 months to have your progress wiped out in a few hours due to bad RNG. In the mean time you sit and watch P2W players repeatedly attempt TET over and over until they get that item to pop. 

I'm not sure about the % chance displayed on screen when going for an enhancement. It certainly doesn't feel like the displayed values are correct. I mean reblath constantly pops on a 3% chance and you can go 10 straight fails on a 25%-35% FS on a boss weapon. Bad RNG maybe. But the reality is the this company really only cares about the cash shop so I wouldn't put it past them to give you a false % on FS so they can earn more money via the cash shop.

But one thing is for sure and that is that the enhancement system is pretty disgusting and when you add in the blatant P2W costume melting that has no limit then this game will not last long before the majority of the player base see it for what it actually is. Few months and you'll have dead servers where you're struggling to get enough players to kill field bosses outside peak times.

Edited by OKAYIGETITNOW
Spelling

6 minutes ago, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

The moment of realization came for me when I seen people frantically boosting TET with Crons after the last patch. I mean I don't think the FS system is a bad system. It makes you work for your gear. What I think is bad is the item degrading after you fail pretty much 100% of the time. I mean you grind for 2-3 months to have your progress wiped out in a few hours due to bad RNG. In the mean time you sit and watch P2W players repeatedly attempt TET over and over until they get that item to pop. 

I'm not sure about the % chance displayed on screen when going for an enhancement. It certainly doesn't feel like the displayed values are correct. I mean reblath constantly pops on a 3% chance and you can go 10 straight fails on a 25%-35% FS on a boss weapon. Bad RNG maybe. But the reality is the this company really only cares about the cash shop so I wouldn't put it past them to give you a false % on FS so they can earn more money via the cash shop.

But one thing is for sure and that is that the enhancement system is pretty disgusting and when you add in the blatant P2W costume melting that has no limit then this game will not last long before the majority of the player base see it for what it actually is. Few months and you'll have dead servers where you're struggling to get enough players to kill field bosses outside peak times.

Field boss barely get killed on pc and they wont here as soon as night vendor comes into play. Especially mudster, rednose, people might show up to bhegs later but highly doubt it.

2 hours ago, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

well said...

The fact of the matter is people are not fail stacking right I seen people going for Tet with less then 50stacks which is stupid, TET stack range is 54-90 that was always the norm on pc, PEN was 90-110 and pen accessories was 110 plus.

the system is harsh but it’s good, it doesn’t just hand people what they want it makes them work for it, for me I like it and I been bitten by it before it sucks when u fail however this game is not like other MMO’s it’s not easy mode it doesn’t hold your hand, sooner people see that and accept it the better.

before you start the fan boy comments don’t bother, that’s my

point of view and there are things that need fixing and issues that need resolving but for me this isn’t one of them. 

Also I love watching the wallet warriors failing so much it’s a beautiful thing 🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Koromas said:

The fact of the matter is people are not fail stacking right I seen people going for Tet with less then 50stacks which is stupid, TET stack range is 54-90 that was always the norm on pc, PEN was 90-110 and pen accessories was 110 plus.

the system is harsh but it’s good, it doesn’t just hand people what they want it makes them work for it, for me I like it and I been bitten by it before it sucks when u fail however this game is not like other MMO’s it’s not easy mode it doesn’t hold your hand, sooner people see that and accept it the better.

point of view and there are things that need fixing and issues that need resolving but for me this isn’t one of them. 

Also I love watching the wallet warriors failing so much it’s a beautiful thing 🤣

What are you joking who goes for tet 54 to 90 on pc lol. I always started my tets at 35 40 on pc and work my way up on succeed.

4 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

What are you joking who goes for tet 54 to 90 on pc lol. I always started my tets at 35 40 on pc and work my way up on succeed.

Well that’s what I always did and found it was most efficient way, know others that swear by that also but bound to be some who do it differently.

also few people that are ex pc have been saying Xbox seems harsher I still on the fence atm but don’t know anyone that’s proc Tet on less then 50 stacks so far. (Sure someone has tho)

1 minute ago, Koromas said:

Well that’s what I always did and found it was most efficient way, know others that swear by that also but bound to be some who do it differently.

also few people that are ex pc have been saying Xbox seems harsher I still on the fence atm but don’t know anyone that’s proc Tet on less then 50 stacks so far. (Sure someone has tho)

I posted already i got my kzarka at 44 stacks no crons, steel dagger at 40 crons, and heve somewhere in between there. I find the enhancing to be much easier but maybe i just been lucky.

14 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

I posted already i got my kzarka at 44 stacks no crons, steel dagger at 40 crons, and heve somewhere in between there. I find the enhancing to be much easier but maybe i just been lucky.

Dam grats man, I seen people failing those regularly it’s crazy

4 minutes ago, Koromas said:

Dam grats man, I seen people failing those regularly it’s crazy

Thanks was surprised to get them but happy they went.

14 hours ago, dannys12 said:

dude! lol if you quit the game because you couldn't tri a yuria then I feel sorry for you with tet and pen boss gear lol but really you shouldn't feel to give up that easy

wasn't the failing. it was the losing my progress.

5 hours ago, Koromas said:

1. Fail stacking is a stupid concept that should not be necessary.

2. "you just want everything handed to you" is a childish defense of an absolutely ridiculous gameplay mechanic.

3. as I said above, I don't mind failing and repairing my gear and blowing through Black Stones until I succeed. What I did mind was failing hundreds of times, succeeding once, and then losing all my progress the first time I fail again. what's the point then?

4. I'm not at all anywhere close to being a "wallet warrior". I'm just an average casual player. 

with that said, I've said my piece and I'm leaving now. I don't wanna be that guy who continually bashes a game even though he doesn't play anymore.

So I will just say, enjoy the game ya'll. Everything else about it is pretty fun,. but Enhancing gear(which is absolutely required to compete) sucks all the fun out of it, *for me*.  I speak only for myself.

YMMV.

1 minute ago, JayMadIV said:

wasn't the failing. it was the losing my progress.

1. Fail stacking is a stupid concept that should not be necessary.

2. "you just want everything handed to you" is a childish defense of an absolutely ridiculous gameplay mechanic.

3. as I said above, I don't mind failing and repairing my gear and blowing through Black Stones until I succeed. What I did mind was failing hundreds of times, succeeding once, and then losing all my progress the first time I fail again. what's the point then?

4. I'm not at all anywhere close to being a "wallet warrior". I'm just an average casual player. 

with that said, I've said my piece and I'm leaving now. I don't wanna be that guy who continually bashes a game even though he doesn't play anymore.

So I will just say, enjoy the game ya'll. Everything else about it is pretty fun,. but Enhancing gear(which is absolutely required to compete) sucks all the fun out of it, *for me*.  I speak only for myself.

YMMV.

That’s the point of cron stones and also u have to be prepared for the set backs game is a marathon not a sprint it punishes people for being impatient massively, fair enough for u it’s too much I get that it is for a lot of people for me I love it, but it’s not for everyone, shame u quit over it tho but this game does burn people out and it’s not the sort of game u can pick up and put down etc 

1 hour ago, Koromas said:

That’s the point of cron stones.

Personally I think the real purpose of Cron stones is purely to increase cash shop revenue. I mean what normal player has enough spare silver lying around to Cron multiple Tri/tet/pen attempts? Not a lot I'm guessing. It really isn't a viable way to safe guard progression for the majority of players.

1 hour ago, Koromas said:

game is a marathon not a sprint it punishes people for being impatient massively.

How is grinding your a**e off for 2-3 months upgrading gear, collecting materials, saving silver being impatient when all that person wants is to upgrade a few items without having their progression being s**t on in a few hours with a horrible enhancement system?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

Personally I think the real purpose of Cron stones is purely to increase cash shop revenue. I mean what normal player has enough spare silver lying around to Cron multiple Tri/tet/pen attempts? Not a lot I'm guessing. It really isn't a viable way to safe guard progression for the majority of players.

How many crons do you need for a tet attempt?

Edited by justfaded

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, justfaded said:

How many crons do you need for a tet attempt?

Depends on the type/gear color. Kzarka needs 127 crons for tet, 530 something for pen (lul). Greens to tet are like 31 crons per attempt. 

And obviously crons were made for players to be forced to spend money if they don't want their gear to downgrade. You'd need 530m for one attempt at pen if you were buying the crons straight from the vendors with silver. 

Why would you do that when you can swipe your credit card for a couple hundred crons at a time? Not that it's worth it at the pen level even though I saw people doing back to back pen attempts when the update first came out. You'd need to spend around 400 bucks at that point to even do one pen attempt. And that's not counting the other systems in place such as durability degradation to make enhancing even harder than it has to be.

The gambling feedback loop in this game is so very thinly veiled it's just funny. 

Edited by Shanath

4 hours ago, Shanath said:

Depends on the type/gear color. Kzarka needs 127 crons for tet, 530 something for pen (lul). Greens to tet are like 31 crons per attempt.

And obviously crons were made for players to be forced to spend money if they don't want their gear to downgrade. You'd need 530m for one attempt at pen if you were buying the crons straight from the vendors with silver.

crons are 2mil silver now. 

25 minutes ago, DTG said:

crons are 2mil silver now. 

Yeah I noticed that also in the update but I wasn't sure if they reduced the number per attempt to compensate? 

1 hour ago, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

Yeah I noticed that also in the update but I wasn't sure if they reduced the number per attempt to compensate?

They did. It was a way for them to give you more of an incentive to buy outfits to melt. Now it only costs 10 crons to protect duo green armor from degrading when going for tri.

They are very short sighted - they wanted people to dump more money into the game asap without thinking about the overarching effect that introducing tet/pen would have on the game. I already know of several people who quit. And this is coming from someone with multiple pieces of tet gear who didn't get crushed by negative variance and won't feel the effects of the widening gap between geared and non geared players.

But I realize that I may be in the minority. I was just really enjoying the attrition based PVP and the fact that everyone's gear was starting to even out - skill was pretty important. Now when I face players from top guilds it almost solely comes down to whoever can CC the other first. And again I know all of this was inevitable but I think a more conservative approach to gear progression would have been better for the long term health of the game. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

How is grinding your a**e off for 2-3 months upgrading gear, collecting materials, saving silver being impatient when all that person wants is to upgrade a few items without having their progression being s**t on in a few hours with a horrible enhancement system?

Sadly it is the game it was on pc, and some people can’t deal with the punishment the game gives out, people can moan all they want I get it it’s not for everyone, but bdo is bdo, I played pc for years I know what it’s like, the problem being people get impatient want that upgrade now, they know the risks.

but when it fails oh the games **** oh the systems **** etc etc, it’s simple if failing bugs u that much wait and go for it with cron stones I agree the price of crons being 2mil now is bs should of stayed at 1mill 

35 minutes ago, Koromas said:

Sadly it is the game it was on pc, and some people can’t deal with the punishment the game gives out, people can moan all they want I get it it’s not for everyone, but bdo is bdo, I played pc for years I know what it’s like, the problem being people get impatient want that upgrade now, they know the risks.

but when it fails oh the games **** oh the systems **** etc etc, it’s simple if failing bugs u that much wait and go for it with cron stones I agree the price of crons being 2mil now is bs should of stayed at 1mill 

The price went to 2 Mil, but the required Amount got reduced by 1/2 so it's still the same. Only purpose of this change was to make Melting Costumes more appealing without actually increasing Cron amount from Costumes.