Jump to content
JayMadIV

The Enhancement System in this game is arguably the absolute worst system I have ever seen in a MMO.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Kure said:

Have you not been watching that one dude literally named “pay2win”? He’s already at full pen gear. He streams and uses all the funds in the cash shop and is straight roflstomping everyone in pvp rn. Please stop with the fanboy “iTs PaY fOr CoNvEnIenCE” crap. 

I’m not saying the game isn’t enjoyable, but it is absolutely one of the most p2w games that isn’t free to play.

 

The irony in a Dragonball profile pic person calling me a fanboy is hilarious. Welcome to the ignore list, where all idiots belong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

The irony in a Dragonball profile pic person calling me a fanboy is hilarious. Welcome to the ignore list, where all idiots belong. 

He’s a 🤡 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yiazzy said:

The irony in a Dragonball profile pic person calling me a fanboy is hilarious. Welcome to the ignore list, where all idiots belong. 

Lmao the saltiness is so real. Instead of backing up your terrible take on how this game isn’t p2w you just put everyone on the ignore list. Keep on fanboying, maybe Pearl Abyss will make you their metaphorical hall monitor 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys what about from cron stones? How to get them? And what about safe enhance mode? Mine is shown as disabled, so how to enable?

Edited by Senketsu30
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only pve and mostly life skill but that's why for combat such as the easiest bosses I will try to be at least PRI I assume they added this system to prevent players from quickly becoming powerful since its a mmo and not a single player but then again that's just a guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HunterX said:

I only pve and mostly life skill but that's why for combat such as the easiest bosses I will try to be at least PRI I assume they added this system to prevent players from quickly becoming powerful since its a mmo and not a single player but then again that's just a guess. 

MrPay spammed out pens one after another in a matter of days. He also spent real life cash to buy costumes, to extract crons to protect the enhancements from degrading. So the progression of a player can easily be influenced by the size of their wallet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlreadyDead said:

MrPay spammed out pens one after another in a matter of days. He also spent real life cash to buy costumes, to extract crons to protect the enhancements from degrading. So the progression of a player can easily be influenced by the size of their wallet. 

That cost him thousands of dollars, probably a couple ten thousand. Not too many people willing to do that. Most people won't be able to leverage the amount of money they spend into massive advantages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 8:11 PM, Yiazzy said:

The irony in a Dragonball profile pic person calling me a fanboy is hilarious. Welcome to the ignore list, where all idiots belong. 

You are a fanboi though. And anyone who proves you wrong like many have in many posts you cry like a little baby stamp your feet and say "welcome to the ignore list* like an entitled spoilt brat.

I have never seen in all my gaming years someone as white knight and fanboism as you. Every post every single one you defend this company even when they have been proven to be wrong you still defend.

Your the kinda person who would stand outside a prison and defend all the bad people going in who have committed the worst inhumane crimes every and tell everyone how we are wrong and they was justified in doing that crime. You are a joke.

This gaming company wont give you a shiny medal to hand up in your bedroom for defending them so stop doing it. Your making yourself look like an idiot. Your head is so far up their ass they choke on it everytime they speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 5:34 AM, justfaded said:

That cost him thousands of dollars, probably a couple ten thousand. Not too many people willing to do that. Most people won't be able to leverage the amount of money they spend into massive advantages. 

He is an extreme example of what can be achieved in a week or so if you spend enough cash. What he done was the equivalent to years worth of gaming time. I mean he was better geared than some PC players that have been playing for 3 years or so.

The problem isn't with extreme examples like mrpay2win, it's the hundreds of other players of forced TET in few days after the release of TET/PEN patch. At that moment when the average player was still trying to get full TRI armour/weapons. It created a massive disparity in the player base & forced a lot of players to quit. It's probably one of the biggest contributing factors to why the EU lost a lot of its player base. Had PA introduced costume melting for Crons a year or so down the line like they did with PC it probably wouldn't have made a huge impact because a significant portion of the players would already be well geared. It was a massive cash grab & PA have only got themselves to blame for declining numbers & player retention!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

He is an extreme example of what can be achieved in a week or so if you spend enough cash. What he done was the equivalent to years worth of gaming time. I mean he was better geared than some PC players that have been playing for 3 years or so.

The problem isn't with extreme examples like mrpay2win, it's the hundreds of other players of forced TET in few days after the release of TET/PEN patch. At that moment when the average player was still trying to get full TRI armour/weapons. It created a massive disparity in the player base & forced a lot of players to quit. It's probably one of the biggest contributing factors to why the EU lost a lot of its player base. Had PA introduced costume melting for Crons a year or so down the line like they did with PC it probably wouldn't have made a huge impact because a significant portion of the players would already be well geared. It was a massive cash grab & PA have only got themselves to blame for declining numbers & player retention!

This guy gets it. They released tet/pen way to early. Only about 1% of the players was ready for tet/pen while most players was still gearing up and getting boss weapons. Soon as tet/pen came out... boom... massive gap between players that they just couldn't keep up sure they farmed but these players with tet/pen at day one was just going around 1 shooting anyone and everyone they wanted whenever they wanted without any way to counter them other than to sit in safe zones.

And so a lot of people quit as there was no real way they could catch up with people who used real money to get max enchanted gear the day it came out without spending weeks even months to get even close to them.... I played EU on day 1 it was great before they released tet/pen I was fully geard had max enchanted gear and I was just chilling and relaxing and pvp was great and almost balanced. As people who had only +15 gear still stood a chance.... but they ruined it all by releasing higher enchants....

So many people just lost all motivation to play when they just stood no chance against players who could just buy their way to the top.

Yeah hate me call me a troll and every name under the sun but you know I speak truth.

Now look at EU... all guilds are desperately trying to fill their ranks with anyone they can get and top guilds losing players daily and so everyone is at a race to grab anybody who says "i need a guild"

The game is losing players because of this incredibly hard to reach goal of getting max enchanted gear. (Even though you will get people screaming how the servers are always full or crowded ect ect but they are not)

In short Before tet/pen the game was fantastic and people who didn't even had enchanted gear could still stand a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isnt exactly truth. I mean, to some degree the release of tet was a contributing factor to the gear gap, of course. But that gap was easily closed when Valencia came out and everyone was able to get their hands on advice of valks. Very few bothered to do it though, and instead decided to stay sub-500 GS.

The biggest gaps come from those at the top being able to farm far more silver per hour than those beneath. Having 40m per hour in Aakman is a lot more sustainability than 15m per hour in crescents or fogans. So when classes are trickled out, and the frustrated masses jump to another class in an attempt to remain relevant, the CM taxes hit their pockets even harder and keep them in a swamp of pre-500 GS. Those who have billions can mitigate this far easier, and for the most part arent interested in alternate routes like "Shai"... so they dont even bother wasting 2 billion on tet vitcaris and florangs. They just keep building up the accounts and wait through the recessions.

Now, if classes would come out in batches like the first four, there wouldnt be a controllable commodity for it in the CM. Less fluxuation, no recession, and you could stay with whatever class you wanted to main without feeling irrelevant and being forced to use lower level gear. Youd be hunting higher, making more money, and roflstomping strikers in node wars the way the gods intended.

I'll even hold open the Aakman doors for ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 2:15 PM, Prometheus said:

This guy gets it. They released tet/pen way to early. Only about 1% of the players was ready for tet/pen while most players was still gearing up and getting boss weapons. Soon as tet/pen came out... boom... massive gap between players that they just couldn't keep up sure they farmed but these players with tet/pen at day one was just going around 1 shooting anyone and everyone they wanted whenever they wanted without any way to counter them other than to sit in safe zones.

And so a lot of people quit as there was no real way they could catch up with people who used real money to get max enchanted gear the day it came out without spending weeks even months to get even close to them.... I played EU on day 1 it was great before they released tet/pen I was fully geard had max enchanted gear and I was just chilling and relaxing and pvp was great and almost balanced. As people who had only +15 gear still stood a chance.... but they ruined it all by releasing higher enchants....

So many people just lost all motivation to play when they just stood no chance against players who could just buy their way to the top.

Yeah hate me call me a troll and every name under the sun but you know I speak truth.

Now look at EU... all guilds are desperately trying to fill their ranks with anyone they can get and top guilds losing players daily and so everyone is at a race to grab anybody who says "i need a guild"

The game is losing players because of this incredibly hard to reach goal of getting max enchanted gear. (Even though you will get people screaming how the servers are always full or crowded ect ect but they are not)

In short Before tet/pen the game was fantastic and people who didn't even had enchanted gear could still stand a chance.

um this must be a person that believes this game is a PvP game and forgets about the PVE aspect that this game really is, i could care less about tet/pen as i dont PvP i enjoy the lifeskill aspect of the game since there is no gain in PvP, maybe a node ware from time to time.  But as a life skiller and a shai at that, i dont need tet to enjoy the game.  guilds are probably losing players cause they are going to life skill guilds.  Since PvP is boring and laggy and no real gain except bragging rights.  When margoria comes out on Xbox good luck with PvP as more people will be out sea monster hunting.  More gain from that than PvP.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one thing that remains true about a vast majority BDO players is they will never openly admit anything .

Anything .

Edited by Mefit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admit if they didn't force you to PvP if you accept the go past 49 quest than the game might have a chance to stay viable but not right now. The enhancement system is horrible so lame that it goes down after PRI .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 9:12 PM, Hedonist_Jester said:

This isnt exactly truth. I mean, to some degree the release of tet was a contributing factor to the gear gap, of course. But that gap was easily closed when Valencia came out and everyone was able to get their hands on advice of valks. Very few bothered to do it though, and instead decided to stay sub-500 GS.

The biggest gaps come from those at the top being able to farm far more silver per hour than those beneath. Having 40m per hour in Aakman is a lot more sustainability than 15m per hour in crescents or fogans. So when classes are trickled out, and the frustrated masses jump to another class in an attempt to remain relevant, the CM taxes hit their pockets even harder and keep them in a swamp of pre-500 GS. Those who have billions can mitigate this far easier, and for the most part arent interested in alternate routes like "Shai"... so they dont even bother wasting 2 billion on tet vitcaris and florangs. They just keep building up the accounts and wait through the recessions.

Now, if classes would come out in batches like the first four, there wouldnt be a controllable commodity for it in the CM. Less fluxuation, no recession, and you could stay with whatever class you wanted to main without feeling irrelevant and being forced to use lower level gear. Youd be hunting higher, making more money, and roflstomping strikers in node wars the way the gods intended.

I'll even hold open the Aakman doors for ya.

Mate I've done that valks quest about 20 times and I'm 1 TET away from full TET boss gear & TRI accessories. Trust me when I say that gap wasn't easily closed & at times I almost quit due to enhancement fails. I've been pretty hardcore so you could say it's taken me 6 months or so to achieve what those people who cronned did in 2 days. For the average player probably closer to a year.

The fact of the matter is that Crons not only protect your gear, but they save you a a silly amount of silver in repairs because failing TET usually results in multiple attempts to even get it back to Tri for another attempt. Worst case I've had 2 X 120 stacks failing TET. Thats 12 times failing TET & god knows how many times in between trying to get back to TRI, but let's just say it took a further 5 attempts per fail to get to TRI again (and that's being kind to the enhancement system). That would be a grand total of 720 durability lost on an item opposed to the 120 if you used Crons and failed 12 times (probably closer to 1000 durability because yeah RNG).

So yeah I agree that running the valks is the only way to get the starting stacks for doing your gear, but it definitely isn't a gap that's easily closed. FYI I started every TET stack at 60fs and some on 70 if had spare Tri gear around I could use for stacks. 

I do believe the drip feeding of classes is the second biggest factor in declining numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest issue i find with the game is the lack of stones that actually drop or are gifted for you to upgrade and the fact that you can actually be punished for your hard work. I spent hours mining rocks and chopping trees to be rewarded 1 sharp stone just to get my Kzarka short sword to DUO, guess what the enhancement failed and i was at 65fs after using a plus 50 valks to help too. You fanboys tell me how this is a fair enhancing system. Im noticing too that im not the only one having this issue as its across all forums on all social media, and the complaints out weigh the fanboy defence 10-1.

I get that some of you love this game and some of you have had some great luck with the enhancement, but you really need to look at the bigger picture if you want this game to survive. A few hundred fanboys will be running around empty servers soon if PA dont fix the enhancing as no progression makes the game very boring and causes players to leave and players are leaving in huge numbers. I would love to explore the new region but i dont see me ever reaching the 240 AP required for that area before something new takes my interest away.

Like i said some players not many have had luck with the system, but take time out to sensibly think about the thousands struggling because when they all leave your TET upgrades will be a waste as there will be no one to use them against and empty servers are boring servers if not you would just play single player not MMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The enhancing system will not change, it is the same on pc which has been around for several years. It is fair as gamblis is. The more time and/or money you spend on the game gives you more chances to try and win but your chances will be the same as that of any other player. Is it fair? kinda, is itp2w? of course but to actually get full tet boss gear out of pearl items alone is gonna cost a lot of money, far more than it is worth.

My advice is to enjoy the sandbox game and take your time, do not try to "catch up", set your own goals, the game offers plenty of entertaining activities and a vibrant world to play in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It truly is the worst system for enhancing gear, never played any game that the weapons go down a level when you fail except when ddtank first came out on pc they had that but a few months later took it out due to player backlash. Instead of making bdo for console they should have just started fresh with a new game being bdo is already a 6 yrs old game. It feels like a mobile game cash grab port fail lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

It truly is the worst system for enhancing gear, never played any game that the weapons go down a level when you fail except when ddtank first came out on pc they had that but a few months later took it out due to player backlash. Instead of making bdo for console they should have just started fresh with a new game being bdo is already a 6 yrs old game. It feels like a mobile game cash grab port fail lol.

Black desert is already a dieing game even if all the fanbois claim it's not..... yet it is...

I love PVP but in this game it's not your skill that counts it's the size of your wallet and that's what I hate.

There is so many new and better games coming out soon and with the new xbox scarlet coming out black desert has no chance of survival.

The only people that will be keeping this game alive are the ones who have spent 1000s on gear to kill badly geard scrubs who left the game ages ago... so you will just have an empty game of wallet warriors vs wallet warriors... 

This game has all the depth of a puddle...

There are so much proof that GEAR is more important than skill which in any game should NOT be the case...

With enough skill you should always be able to be any opponent no matter how geard he is. Yes gear will help but skill should always be the winning factor... unfortunately in this game it's not true...

Because Gear >>> Skill... 1000s of people have left this game servers are always empty even on prime time (ignore the trolls who say that servers are crowded... they are not)

Why do you think games like fortnite.... call of duty... battlefield.... and many other games do so well?

Because in all those games one thing is exactly the same SKILL >>> Gear.... 

Imagine playing a call of duty game and you get a weapon that let's you 1 shot anyone but no one can one shot you because you paid real money to get that weapo while everyone else has to grind for it....

Yeah that would be dead and the game wouldn't exist no more.....

Just look in youtube and there are videos hundreds and hundreds of videos about people who PAID loads of money running around and stomping on groups of upto 4 people on their own (1 v 4) and winning 4 people cant killcone guy? Because he PAID for his gear... how is that fair?

Yeah the 4 people might not be that skilled but 4 unskilled people should still be about to kill 1 guy its 4 fucki g people...

This game makes me so angry with its massive pay to win scams and people still defend it to this day.

And the reason why I dont just move on is because I got scammed out of 100s of pounds trying to get a T8 horse and they lied to me and said "oops sorry our bad we forgot to tell you it's not in the game our bad"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Prometheus said:

Black desert is already a dieing game even if all the fanbois claim it's not..... yet it is...

I love PVP but in this game it's not your skill that counts it's the size of your wallet and that's what I hate.

There is so many new and better games coming out soon and with the new xbox scarlet coming out black desert has no chance of survival.

The only people that will be keeping this game alive are the ones who have spent 1000s on gear to kill badly geard scrubs who left the game ages ago... so you will just have an empty game of wallet warriors vs wallet warriors... 

This game has all the depth of a puddle...

There are so much proof that GEAR is more important than skill which in any game should NOT be the case...

With enough skill you should always be able to be any opponent no matter how geard he is. Yes gear will help but skill should always be the winning factor... unfortunately in this game it's not true...

Because Gear >>> Skill... 1000s of people have left this game servers are always empty even on prime time (ignore the trolls who say that servers are crowded... they are not)

Why do you think games like fortnite.... call of duty... battlefield.... and many other games do so well?

Because in all those games one thing is exactly the same SKILL >>> Gear.... 

Imagine playing a call of duty game and you get a weapon that let's you 1 shot anyone but no one can one shot you because you paid real money to get that weapo while everyone else has to grind for it....

Yeah that would be dead and the game wouldn't exist no more.....

Just look in youtube and there are videos hundreds and hundreds of videos about people who PAID loads of money running around and stomping on groups of upto 4 people on their own (1 v 4) and winning 4 people cant killcone guy? Because he PAID for his gear... how is that fair?

Yeah the 4 people might not be that skilled but 4 unskilled people should still be about to kill 1 guy its 4 fucki g people...

This game makes me so angry with its massive pay to win scams and people still defend it to this day.

And the reason why I dont just move on is because I got scammed out of 100s of pounds trying to get a T8 horse and they lied to me and said "oops sorry our bad we forgot to tell you it's not in the game our bad"

 

You can't compare a MMO to a FPS or battle royale game in terms of skill it's a completely different style of game. Although I agree that that gear plays a much bigger part in BDO than other MMOs with regards to killing other players, but once that gap has been closed and you are within about 30-40 GS of each other then it comes down to who plays their class better. Some people will carry extra items to counter certain classes or specific builds. Some classes just straight up counter other classes. Some classes are better than others for PvP.

This has & will always be the way MMOs are designed, hence the reason they go through constant balancing patches for classes.

I dislike the P2W aspect as much as anyone else and will never consider it pay for convenience, but the game is getting to a point now that if you have played since the start then a lot of people are catching up with the people that boosted their gear in 2 days. People aren't as OP as they once thought they were. The gap isn't going to properly close for at least another 6 months because a lot of these p2w players are now most likely running at least some TET bis accessories.

The whole purpose of MMOs is to make your character stronger through gearing. I wouldn't expect in any MMO that someone who has played the game only for a few months to be able to touch a high lvl/high geared player that's been playing for months.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 3:05 PM, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

You can't compare a MMO to a FPS or battle royale game in terms of skill it's a completely different style of game. Although I agree that that gear plays a much bigger part in BDO than other MMOs with regards to killing other players, but once that gap has been closed and you are within about 30-40 GS of each other then it comes down to who plays their class better. Some people will carry extra items to counter certain classes or specific builds. Some classes just straight up counter other classes. Some classes are better than others for PvP.

This has & will always be the way MMOs are designed, hence the reason they go through constant balancing patches for classes.

I dislike the P2W aspect as much as anyone else and will never consider it pay for convenience, but the game is getting to a point now that if you have played since the start then a lot of people are catching up with the people that boosted their gear in 2 days. People aren't as OP as they once thought they were. The gap isn't going to properly close for at least another 6 months because a lot of these p2w players are now most likely running at least some TET bis accessories.

The whole purpose of MMOs is to make your character stronger through gearing. I wouldn't expect in any MMO that someone who has played the game only for a few months to be able to touch a high lvl/high geared player that's been playing for months.

 

Wrong. You can compare any game with anything as 99% of them all follow the same damn loot rule of RNG 》》 Skill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can all stop complaining now, i think it is safe to say that this game is dying on the Xbox even all the You Tube streaming fanboys have jumped ship to the PS4 version. And i know the Xbox fanboys will try to throw in some defence but i actually played all weekend on dead servers. Valencia 1 was a ghost town, the guild im in has 52 members and only 4 were on all weekend and two other guilds i know could not get enough members on to even team up for a boss fight. Im sure PA will put all effort in to the PS4 version now to milk it for as long as they can until the players on there realise that this game is garbage if you have a life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ChilMeiSTer1968 said:

We can all stop complaining now, i think it is safe to say that this game is dying on the Xbox even all the You Tube streaming fanboys have jumped ship to the PS4 version. And i know the Xbox fanboys will try to throw in some defence but i actually played all weekend on dead servers. Valencia 1 was a ghost town, the guild im in has 52 members and only 4 were on all weekend and two other guilds i know could not get enough members on to even team up for a boss fight. Im sure PA will put all effort in to the PS4 version now to milk it for as long as they can until the players on there realise that this game is garbage if you have a life.

Oh noes.... U Cn Nt SaY ThE gMe iS dEaD oR AlL tHe bLaCk dEsErT fAnBoIs wIlL cRy & B mAD

Seriously though if you say this game is dead watch 100000s of people jump on this post and claim it's not bringing up pie charts and old posts, screenshots and any other fake news they can find to say it's not dead....

Or they will scream... "but but servers say crowded" anyone can put a crowded tag on it.... dont mean its crowded...

If I put a sign up saying free sandwiches it dont mean there's actually gona be free sandwiches....

They lie with the crowded status on servers to make it so people dont panic.... it's a tactic all companys use when their products are failing.... to lie to the customer and say it's not...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...