Sign in to follow this  
Uberkull

Field Boss - Part II

Hey @[CM]Shirna, you stated the following in a General (suggestion) thread I had and I had a question...

For context, this was a suggestion I had on making Field Bosses more identifiable when they spawn. I simply asked for a identifying beacon or blinking ring around the active boss. And, yes...lot’s of back and forth trying to defend my position. You responded...

As for the idea, sounds great for the people that are trying to do them, but what about those who do not? Those who are not ready for them? Those who might get there late? There are people out there who have no interest in field bosses, and adding giant glowing things to the world is a bit much for something that X% of the player base are interested in.

I will however put it forward

My question is, do you play this game much? I know the work schedule is swamped for you guys, but a few things probably should be known for someone who plays the game for some time.

- You already have blinking, visual rings all over the map for active quest objectives. So ‘adding giant glowing things’  for active field bosses sn’t really a new game mechanic, it exists.

giphy.gif

- Also, Field Bosses is a major patch feature for players to continue to progress their gear right? Somehow you believe that very little players care about Field Bosses “for something that X% of the player base are interested in”. I guess life skill players wouldn’t care is what you are saying?

- My suggestion asks to add blinking identifiers or beacons to Field Bosses when they become active. So that blinking only stays up for what? 15-30 minutes? It identifies what Field Boss is active, thats all. Makes no difference if someone is late, not relevant.

Being defensive about my suggestion? Feels more like I needed to continue to clarify a feature that was already in the game. 

Respond, Lock the post, delete it. Don’t care. Just wanted to be clear on what you are saying.

Those blinking lights are specific for the player, it shows their quests. I may not be at all interested in taking on the Field Bosses, and a glowy circle that shows up on a random location of the map without a quest being active MAY be annoying. 

That X% could be people currently going through quests, low level players who will not be up to the challenge, folks just doing their daily stuff and yes, lifeskillers. There are people right now who are not particularly fussed about going all in for Field Boss gear. 

32 minutes ago, [CM]Shirna said:

Those blinking lights are specific for the player, it shows their quests. I may not be at all interested in taking on the Field Bosses, and a glowy circle that shows up on a random location of the map without a quest being active MAY be annoying. 

That X% could be people currently going through quests, low level players who will not be up to the challenge, folks just doing their daily stuff and yes, lifeskillers. There are people right now who are not particularly fussed about going all in for Field Boss gear. 

Thanks for clarifying.

Only reason im doing field bosses is because no night vendor. So once night vendor comes out i will take my luck with that rather going to field bosses. Soon enough field bosses like mudster, rednose wont have anyone showing uo to them because those items they drop will be trash once we get more things added.

11 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Only reason im doing field bosses is because no night vendor. So once night vendor comes out i will take my luck with that rather going to field bosses. Soon enough field bosses like mudster, rednose wont have anyone showing uo to them because those items they drop will be trash once we get more things added.

This is the true.

As soon the night vendor shows up, field boss will be good as guild boss (no one cares).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alfajores said:

This is the true.

As soon the night vendor shows up, field boss will be good as guild boss (no one cares).

Partially true, but think how much energy do you have/most people have? I have 310 currently, that's 6 rolls per character, 66 rolls for me because I have 11 slots filled. Black Stone weapons have a 100% roll chance which gives you about a 70% chance of seeing the 5x armor, and weapon stone bundles. Plus the fact Boss gear can Range from 77mil to 490mil, most rolls you will see around 250mil - 375mil. The add in the fact that sharp and hards are around 50% chance, then the respected bundles for them are around 45% chance. Marks of shadow are around 10% chance, Yellow accessories are 7% chance, and weapons/armor are around 4% chance. Boss gear doesn't just rain down from the Black Stone vendor like you think. Sure some will get lucky, and see it min - reasonably priced, most will see 300mil + for base their first rolls. 

Field bosses will still be good, because of hunter seals gold bars, liverto money, and the 4 types of black stones you can get, regular, Stabilized (green gear), Cleansed (blue gear), Flawless (boss gear). Which will help the weak/crybabies who cant build fail stacks reach +13 - +15 guaranteed. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Partially true, but think how much energy do you have/most people have? I have 310 currently, that's 6 rolls per character, 66 rolls for me because I have 11 slots filled. Black Stone weapons have a 100% roll chance which gives you about a 70% chance of seeing the 5x armor, and weapon stone bundles. Plus the fact Boss gear can Range from 77mil to 490mil, most rolls you will see around 250mil - 375mil. The add in the fact that sharp and hards are around 50% chance, then the respected bundles for them are around 45% chance. Marks of shadow are around 10% chance, Yellow accessories are 7% chance, and weapons/armor are around 4% chance. Boss gear doesn't just rain down from the Black Stone vendor like you think. Sure some will get lucky, and see it min - reasonably priced, most will see 300mil + for base their first rolls. 

Field bosses will still be good, because of hunter seals gold bars, liverto money, and the 4 types of black stones you can get, regular, Stabilized (green gear), Cleansed (blue gear), Flawless (boss gear). Which will help the weak/crybabies who cant build fail stacks reach +13 - +15 guaranteed. 

Truth is, I'd rather buy overpriced item from NV instead of not having it because CM is empty!  Technically, I can afford Kzarka, bheg's or Kzarka, Muskans, and Dim Tree. Practically it means nothing because these items are not being sold. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Truth is, I'd rather buy overpriced item from NV instead of not having it because CM is empty!  Technically, I can afford Kzarka, bheg's or Kzarka, Muskans, and Dim Tree. Practically it means nothing because these items are not being sold. 

Most I ever spent was 335mil for a day 1 base Dandelion for DK on her awakening release on PC from night vendor, most i ever pre ordered an item before the CM was 2.2bil - 1.2 bil over the Resplendent Alchemy Stone of Destruction price on PC. The alchemy stone is a very rare item worth that until Vell's heart was released then they became way more common, Boss gear isn't "that" important (to spend 300 mil overpriced), when they do events and once they bring the awakened boss scrolls, plus night vendor(plus night vendor half energy events) boss gear isn't "that" hard to get. Boss gear box days (typically new years day, or year anniversaries) you can pick up most remaining pieces you are missing. Nothing is being sold because we are only really now 7 days into boss gear. The smart people who held their bundles got rewarded for it and got pieces very early. 

Edited by Nightingale

2 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Most I ever spent was 335mil for a day 1 base Dandelion for DK on her awakening release on PC from night vendor, most i ever pre ordered an item before the CM was 2.2bil - 1.2 bil over the Resplendent Alchemy Stone of Destruction price on PC. The alchemy stone is a very rare item worth that until Vell's heart was released then they became way more common, Boss gear isn't "that" important (to spend 300 mil overpriced), when they do events and once they bring the awakened boss scrolls, plus night vendor boss gear isn't "that" hard to get. Boss gear box days (typically new years day, or year anniversaries) you can pick up most remaining pieces you are missing. Nothing is being sold because we are only really now 7 days into boss gear. The smart people who held their bundles got rewarded for it and got pieces very early. 

Yeah, if they were lucky with these bundles, I wasn't. Besides, the PC events you mention don't have to necessarily come to XBOX. We will see! 

1 minute ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Besides, the PC events you mention don't have to necessarily come to XBOX. We will see! 

🙄 Once again, Pearl Abyss is the Korean Developer (and our Xbox developer), if it started in the Korean version it WILL COME to BDX. All events Korean got PC got at a later time. We know what type of reward bundles we will see based of off the Koreans being about 6 months ahead of NA/EU. While some small subtle changes you will see different, You should be saying "Wow why did we get the golden Flondor goose egg event? PC got it, so we shouldn't have gotten it because Xbox is special and different." 

@[CM]Shirnaall I ask is a field boss timer In game , kzarka  has it on the website  why not dim tree or any other boss ?  most people got a full time job here and we cant be online 24/7 waiting for the boss to spawn. PA did good by changing the kzarka spawn time ,now I can do kzarka once a day for that 0.000001% drop chance and my beautiful hunter seal #cantlivewithoutit , why not do the same with the rest of the bosses , not changing the time but only telling player when to be ready. 

right now we are able to get to the boss in time because the boss spawn in every channel and we are not gear enough to kill it fast but once PA fix that bug and people start getting into the 200ap+ with awakening the boss fight will last 5min and most players will miss the fight.

also keep in mind that once more content and bosses are add it to the game since black desert map is big having a boss timer in game will help players get ready, into parties #gvg and get there in time.

just something to keep in mind..

18 minutes ago, Orisha said:

@[CM]Shirnaall I ask is a field boss timer In game , kzarka  has it on the website  why not dim tree or any other boss ?  most people got a full time job here and we cant be online 24/7 waiting for the boss to spawn. PA did good by changing the kzarka spawn time ,now I can do kzarka once a day for that 0.000001% drop chance and my beautiful hunter seal #cantlivewithoutit , why not do the same with the rest of the bosses , not changing the time but only telling player when to be ready. 

This was exactly why I posted my first thread. Quality of Life features that are simple to implement and can help the Xbox player be more productive with their gameplay. 

But for some reason, the thought is a blinking Field Boss for 30 minutes max on the map (or however long he is alive) ‘may’ be annoying. Oh really? Like the god awful design of the Market Place spam or constant local spam that still can’t be turned off?

- ‘Item price has increased for x to y’,

- ‘You entered a combat zone’,

- ‘You entered a Safe Zone’

- ‘Worker updates spamming constantly’

Or how about Fishing? Want to talk annoying. Why do we need a wall of text each time we cast. We know how to fish after the first 3 casts.

So ‘annoying’ exists everywhere in this UI. I don’t think adding a already existing mechanic of blinking identifiers for Field Bosses is too much to ask. It’s the map, not up all the time.

As for a timer, it’s actually a work load reducer for GMs and CMs, no more having to post new time after new time(little confusing huh?)  in a News update. Just post, “Boss timers have been updated on the map.”

11E5FE0B-D6A6-49D4-9FD8-77D7FDF6E51A.thumb.png.7bc06339c44e342e55032bdfd53b050c.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

A timer would be nice. However, I fall into that category that seems to draw insults, "Lifeskillers." Some people need to take a chill pill and get off their high horse. No reason to put players down because they may play differently than you. No this is not directed @Uberkull. Have fun grinding for gear if that's what you want to do. Ill pick mine up from the market or NV.

Edited by Tr3nch

42 minutes ago, Tr3nch said:

A timer would be nice. However, I fall into that category that seems to draw insults, "Lifeskillers." Some people need to take a chill pill and get off their high horse. No reason to put players down because they may play differently than you. No this is not directed @Uberkull. Have fun grinding for gear if that's what you want to do. Ill pick mine up from the market or NV.

Far point. You can play the game as you want, that’s for sure.

Bottomline, I think this MMO on console needs to be different than PC when it comes to QoL features. Be it timers, flashing identifiers, or simple UI elements that can be moved or turned off. Each QoL feature also comes with options in settings to toggle them on/off.

Hate to throw back to WoW and ESO again, but both had many QoL features for the user. WoW allowed you to write your own UI and event add-ons in LUA. I was a add-on dev for 3 community add ons for PvP trackers in WoW. Guess that’s maybe why I’m astounded on how limited the BDO UI is.

I had to.turn on chat to see people spam when a boss spawned cause of the other spam going on in the same location.

Maybe have a picture of active bosses on the server next to the map that disappears when it dies. I cam fi d it past there.

On 4/18/2019 at 7:08 AM, Nightingale said:

Which will help the weak/crybabies who cant build fail stacks reach +13 - +15 guaranteed. 

Lmao I don't understand why force enhance is a thing. To me it seems completely counterintuitive to the systems in place. Also, suprised you explored so much. Most PC vets seem like they skipped all of that stuff and immediately went to get overgeared to stomp xbox players. I was pretty much forced to explore and get energy/cp because I have no idea what the hell I was doing lol

6 hours ago, Alder said:

Lmao I don't understand why force enhance is a thing. To me it seems completely counterintuitive to the systems in place. Also, suprised you explored so much. Most PC vets seem like they skipped all of that stuff and immediately went to get overgeared to stomp xbox players. I was pretty much forced to explore and get energy/cp because I have no idea what the hell I was doing lol

well its really simple to be exact. you have two sides of a coin. Forcing skips the failstack system and typically costs more silver. Failstacking can be more beneficial but also may cost more silver, depending if RNG bones you or not. The special stones to force are given away from quests, and world/field bosses which didnt come till Mediah. Black Stone weapons and armor are dropped as well from quests, mobs, and world/field bosses. It's not a PC vet's issue you don't ask questions, or research the enhancement system. Plus you do realize it ALL comes down to RNG right? Not ALL these PC vets are here to grief you, all you need is ask and someone will help.

21 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

well its really simple to be exact. you have two sides of a coin. Forcing skips the failstack system and typically costs more silver. Failstacking can be more beneficial but also may cost more silver, depending if RNG bones you or not. The special stones to force are given away from quests, and world/field bosses which didnt come till Mediah. Black Stone weapons and armor are dropped as well from quests, mobs, and world/field bosses. It's not a PC vet's issue you don't ask questions, or research the enhancement system. Plus you do realize it ALL comes down to RNG right? Not ALL these PC vets are here to grief you, all you need is ask and someone will help.

Yea vet here i didnt skip anything on my main did all main quest. Also i force enchant my boss gear to 15 depending if i build up enough stacks sometimes waiting for it to hit 15 takes forever. Id rather get it over quickly and just repair it with artisans

40 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

Yea vet here i didnt skip anything on my main did all main quest. Also i force enchant my boss gear to 15 depending if i build up enough stacks sometimes waiting for it to hit 15 takes forever. Id rather get it over quickly and just repair it with artisans

Amen, some days when i need stacks ill use my boss gear to build those stacks. When i just want to rip the bandaid off and get PRI/DUO i just force 14-15 some times both. By this point i've done Mediah 6/7 times i have enough of the stabilized stones to "force" any green gear i want to 13-15. Just part of the game, no big advantage here. I just did it for the CP and said eff it dont really need many of these.

Is this topic still going? I thought we covered this in the last topic that got locked? Stop trying to turn the game into a hand holding simulator, and especially stop comparing it to WoW and ESO. Bethesda are AWFUL developers. Every game they release is boring af. 

We don't want every single thing to be turned into a marker, tutorial, menu, whatever. Let it go. 

6 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

Is this topic still going? I thought we covered this in the last topic that got locked? Stop trying to turn the game into a hand holding simulator, and especially stop comparing it to WoW and ESO. Bethesda are AWFUL developers. Every game they release is boring af. 

We don't want every single thing to be turned into a marker, tutorial, menu, whatever. Let it go. 

You dont want it, not we.

Last thread got locked cause of the bickering I imagine.

There isn't a tutorial in game that tells you how to find these bosses, just players who point out a second tier of maps.

A single marker or at least an icon that matches the map to show up on your UI wouldn't be bad for the non PC version.

19 minutes ago, Doktar said:

You dont want it, not we.

Last thread got locked cause of the bickering I imagine.

There isn't a tutorial in game that tells you how to find these bosses, just players who point out a second tier of maps.

A single marker or at least an icon that matches the map to show up on your UI wouldn't be bad for the non PC version.

No no, it was a we. I wasn't the only one against it. I found them all just fine, and I needed no-one to tell me where they were or how to use the map. Plus, seeing as the spawns don't move, you only need to see it once to know where to go. 

Like I said, we don't need our hands held every step of the way. 

7 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

No no, it was a we. I wasn't the only one against it. I found them all just fine, and I needed no-one to tell me where they were or how to use the map. Plus, seeing as the spawns don't move, you only need to see it once to know where to go. 

Like I said, we don't need our hands held every step of the way. 

Yes we dont need them i agree if you been to a boss once they dont move and will be in same spot. Plus open your map and it says where every single field and world boss is. How much simpler does it have to be?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yiazzy said:

Opposed to a troll like you that has made 3 total topics on this forum? Link

All you can do is rip on and criticize other people’s suggestions or ideas that attempt to either better the console version or, to be honest, bring more potential customers to the game by making it more user friendly. 

You seem jealous or offended that no one seems to care about your posts. Let it go.

Edited by Uberkull