Sign in to follow this  
Uberkull

Class Balance - Why here?

So tonight’s stream let viewers provide feedback which was said is ‘all going to be looked at’ regardless if it was acknowledged on stream. Great...

The first topic was Class Discussion and specifically Class Balance.

But I don’t get it. Are we going to get a different class balance than what is on PC? 

PA already knows how classes are behaving and what the balance areas need to be. Shouldn’t we already have most of the class balance as soon as the classes release? They have been on PC for years, already balanced.

Are we balancing classes differently just for the Xbox version because of the controller combat?

Yeah that was interesting for them to reach out to us for feedback. I too thought these changes are from PC since basically everything is from PC. It'll be interesting to see what comes of it

Things should most definatly be different from PC. A controller does not allow anywhere near the same response as a mouse. It makes perfect sense to me that class balance should be a little different between the two. Classes that depend on mobility have nowhere near the same viability with slow clunky controls.

41 minutes ago, Roots said:

Buff zerk and ranger pls

BUFF RANGERS? ARE YOU MAD? Shotgun spam is the biggest problem in the game atm. Rangers DELETE people from the screen in a blink of an eye and everyone is crying "OMG these strikers are so OP". 

Come on..

• Thanks 2

Lol no there letting people cry ina safe space then theyll never do anything about it. If people get hushed enough they can get by till awk and the other classes come then theyll see how balanced it is and stop crying

58 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

BUFF RANGERS? ARE YOU MAD? Shotgun spam is the biggest problem in the game atm. Rangers DELETE people from the screen in a blink of an eye and everyone is crying "OMG these strikers are so OP". 

Come on..

Yeah, because shotgun spamming is the only viable way to sodding do anything in pvp atm. 

I decided to give pvp at least a go before I made my mind up on it, so me and my guildies all geared down and went off to the arena in Heidel. To find that without shotgun spam, the Ranger is USELESS. CCs barely work, invun frames on EES barely work, and Lahn, DK, and Striker just CC you into oblivion. 

So I agree with that guy, buff rangers for christ sake, but possibly nerf Ult/Ext: Charging Wind a tad. 

19 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

Yeah, because shotgun spamming is the only viable way to sodding do anything in pvp atm. 

I decided to give pvp at least a go before I made my mind up on it, so me and my guildies all geared down and went off to the arena in Heidel. To find that without shotgun spam, the Ranger is USELESS. CCs barely work, invun frames on EES barely work, and Lahn, DK, and Striker just CC you into oblivion. 

So I agree with that guy, buff rangers for christ sake, but possibly nerf Ult/Ext: Charging Wind a tad. 

That's the only thing that rangers do.. spam shotgun till dead. 

1 hour ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Come on..

ok I was actually joking, but most ppl crying about rangers are also really overstating the problem. rangers hit their peak during early mediah relative to other classes. now they have lots of perfectly viable class counters against which rangers can literally not do a damn thing (dk's, warriors). basically anyone who can negate or bait out blasting gust and who knows how to apply a single ranged cc will just curbstomp them at current meta AP/DP levels. 

they're still great in group pvp because if they have a solid frontline they can hide behind it and spam shotgun (Which is their job, tbh), but 1v1 they're currently a pubstomp / noobstomp class - good players with up to date gear can handle them fine, and from here it's just a downward slide into basically being irrelevant post awakening. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Uberkull said:

So tonight’s stream let viewers provide feedback which was said is ‘all going to be looked at’ regardless if it was acknowledged on stream. Great...

But I don’t get it. Are we going to get a different class balance than what is on PC? 

PA already knows how classes are behaving and what the balance areas need to be. Shouldn’t we already have most of the class balance as soon as the classes release? They have been on PC for years, already balanced.

Are we balancing classes differently just for the Xbox version because of the controller combat?

Ok i can explain this a little better for you.

Classes on PC are balanced around awakening, so all non awakening skills get nerfed some, then Absolute skills add better damage to skills but cost 30 - 60 points per skill. 

In order to make the game work NOW, they have to have skills here on xbox doing more damage since it's your only damage source. Plus they have released classes out of PCs release order, which changes balances of the powers. (look at DK vs Striker - DK was to be the awakened Witch/Wiz killer[high ranged burst damage awakened], then Striker was to counter DK with magic resist. Here they never gave them a chance) where once awakening comes you have awakening skills, plus 50% of your non awakening main weapon's AP getting added in through hidden stats. ( see datamined data + bdo streamers research for this) so these skills hit MUCH harder. 

Once we get all classes, and all the skills (awakening, rabams, and absolutes) they will match perfectly. Plus all the CC changes will come once the first year happens because of accuracy growth, all multipliers will be hitting near 100% of the time which isn't intended due to low starting accuracy. (look at things like TET Kzarka, Jin Vipers crystals, TET Bhegs Gloves, level 61, TRI gold accessory accuracy)

I hope this helps some.  

Edited by Nightingale

Honestly let's split the conversation into 3 sections pve and pvp, Awakenings 

Pvp buffs needed - ? Why and what classes

Pvp nerfs needed? Why and what classes

PVE buffs needed? Classes and why?

So everything from what I've heard is Lahn is weak? Why is that? In what situation is she weak explain?  Will she stay weak after Awakening? 

Striker And hunter overpowered in pvp? Explain why is it just a bug? Or cheesey skill spam or skill? 

Striker under performance in PVE and team fights? But excellent in 1v1? Not surprising that's how he was built 😂 

Now for me Striker is strong but is he overpowered? He's limited to where he can farm and what PVE mobs he can clear he's no Sorc in PVE that's for sure. He has no team fighting abilities like a Wizard or witch.. 

I honestly think Awakenings fix a lot of current pre awaken problems so before you get all heated and yell Nerf Remember each class is stronger in some areas then other's.

Okay that's my idea for fixing this yelling Nerf hunter or striker without reasons makes you look kinda goofy.

9 minutes ago, Natural Iodine said:

So everything from what I've heard is Lahn is weak? Why is that? In what situation is she weak explain?  Will she stay weak after Awakening? 

While she has good mobility and aoes she doesnt come into her own until awakening.  Awakening is her class buff, but if they wanna wait up to 6 more weeks to add awakening this class has to suffer sub par until then?

She is great in pve but suffers in pvp. She has long animations that u can be grabbed or stunned from, no i frames and lacks CC. While yes she is a back line ganker class she should excel in 1v1 which just doesnt happen right now. I spent a while in the arena testing with a guildie who has nearly 50 gs lower then me. No ita not an accuracy issue before u say that, i have plenty of that.

I know she improve drastically after awakening and im aware she is highly gear dependent with a high skill ceiling. My main issue is that they are prolonging awakenings to have people enjoy pre awakening. Well lahn is a very rought class(pvp wise) without awakenings out.

Just my 2 cents

10 minutes ago, Hieraphant said:

I know she improve drastically after awakening and im aware she is highly gear dependent with a high skill ceiling. My main issue is that they are prolonging awakenings to have people enjoy pre awakening. Well lahn is a very rought class(pvp wise) without awakenings out.

Just my 2 cents

Okay so after Awakening she improves. I agree 6 weeks is awhile but it's only 6 weeks, go grind skeletons or helms get silver upgrade. I'm in the same situation with my striker I struggle in Shultz and Sausans sorta but Awakenings will improve everything. So I can wait 6 weeks farming skeletons getting witch earrings or do some Sausans I'm at 155Ap 191 DP so I'm pretty much ready for the Desert but I'm not yelling nerfs or buffs because Awakenings are just that lol. But good Description I hear you and get it but Even if they buffed you would have to wait 2-3 weeks anyway. So Thumbs up it's okay stay strong build up and get ready for Awakenings

14 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Come on..

You should fear the day i gear my ranger, 99.95% of these crap rangers you run into have 0 clue how to PvP, "Shotgun" spam is not what you should be worried about. While yes its ok tactic to keep a grab class at bay, i still need to be within 3 meters of you to absolutely wreck face. All these trash rangers giving us bad names with their crap pvp tactics. You will crap yourself when you run into one with skill.  Rangers only buff comes post awakening when they get absolute skills. 

Striker is only OP while they have decent DP right now, vs the low AP pool (sorry 170 ap is low and isnt high enough to counter 260+ DP currently with standard accuracy and flat AP), No physical damage awakenings to counter the DP. it was dumb to put them in pre awakening but whatever we will survive then rangers, warriors, lahns, will check Striker. 

Sorc, witch, wizard, DK will struggle because of all the magic DP passives they get. It really does make a big difference, then add on a ult leather vambrace and you got one tanky Striker. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Natural Iodine said:

Okay so after Awakening she improves. I agree 6 weeks is awhile but it's only 6 weeks, go grind skeletons or helms get silver upgrade. I'm in the same situation with my striker I struggle in Shultz and Sausans sorta but Awakenings will improve everything. So I can wait 6 weeks farming skeletons getting witch earrings or do some Sausans I'm at 155Ap 191 DP so I'm pretty much ready for the Desert but I'm not yelling nerfs or buffs because Awakenings are just that lol. But good Description I hear you and get it but Even if they buffed you would have to wait 2-3 weeks anyway. So Thumbs up it's okay stay strong build up and get ready for Awakenings

I have a 420+ GS and pve wise she mows over anything, so on the farming end i am fine. The problem is i did the 6 week wait on my sorc doing cp, energy, lifeskill, and knowledge gains while i waited for Lahn. Now i have her and pushing the 200ap mark soon, but any time im in an area grinding and someone wants to take it from me, even solo and under geared they get little in the way of resistance and i need to move on.

I do get that patients will be rewarded and im ok with that. Thats part of what i enjoy about her and this game. The challenge is real and unforgiving, but the sense of accomplishment is so great.

Shotgun splits damage between all targets. Its only good small scale and solo.  Thats the balance. Also, if your gettting destroyed by someone spamming shotgun your just bad or havent learned your class. Right now rangers dont have anything in their kit. If you cant counter them equally geared you havent learned your class well enough or just arent very good at the game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Come on..

This is so accurate. Rangers are 1 trick ponies and it's a very OP trick. Shotgun spam should not be a thing. It's so broken the entire rest of the skill set is ignored

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hieraphant said:

I have a 420+ GS and pve wise she mows over anything, so on the farming end i am fine. The problem is i did the 6 week wait on my sorc doing cp, energy, lifeskill, and knowledge gains while i waited for Lahn. Now i have her and pushing the 200ap mark soon, but any time im in an area grinding and someone wants to take it from me, even solo and under geared they get little in the way of resistance and i need to move on.

I do get that patients will be rewarded and im ok with that. Thats part of what i enjoy about her and this game. The challenge is real and unforgiving, but the sense of accomplishment is so great.

Lol simple solution, change servers if you can't PvP against a pvp character. Or out farm them it's what I do. 

18 minutes ago, Natural Iodine said:

Or out farm them it's what I do. 

This is fun and easy against most classes, even some groups.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Hieraphant said:

This is fun and easy against most classes, even some groups.

Lol yeah true, when they flag end them or establish dominance 

Edited by Natural Iodine

On 4/18/2019 at 10:43 PM, Uberkull said:

I’m 100% sure classes are not the same in PC and Xbox, there’s certain mechanics that can’t be used on Xbox, like combos and skill canceling relying on angle camera lock... (ex. Ranger 90 degree camera lock combo, which in PC is make or break, as in... if u can’t master that combo you better use a different class)

therefore it would only be obvious that the clases wouldn’t have the same balances. (Similar, but not the same) 

On 4/19/2019 at 3:37 AM, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Come on..

They do when there’s a difference in GS, if both players have similar gear, the ranger sucks.. if they are deleting you, they probably have 50+ gs on you.