Sign in to follow this  
Rocketfuel77777

Awakening - not OK with what was said during QA stream

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry to say but what Shirna and Trent said yesterday "enjoy pre-awakening until you can because awakening is completely different game, different PvP etc" and reasoning behind it doesn't make sense to me unfortunately. We are simply being held back, once again. 

If this is the actual reason for not releasing the awakenings then it's against majority of people. I'm obviously not talking about players who don't know that awakening is cause they don't care and just want to cut trees or play an hour daily. I'm taking about players who are quite bored as they hit the wall (level 58, 59 even). Yes, there is still plenty to do while we wait for awakening but this is not a good enough explanation. 

My guess is that awakenings are still far away from being ready and this is just a smokescreen to cover this fact. 

Share your thoughts guys! 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

I'm sorry to say but what Shirna and Trent said yesterday "enjoy pre-awakening until you can because awakening is completely different game, different PvP etc" and reasoning behind it doesn't makes sense to me unfortunately. We are simply being held back, once again. 

If this is the actual reason for not releasing the awakenings then it's against majority of people. I'm obviously not talking about players who don't know that awakening is cause they don't care and just want to cut trees or play an hour daily. I'm taking about players who are quite bored as they hit the wall (level 58, 59 even). Yes, there is still plenty to do while we wait for awakening but this is not a good enough explanation. 

My guess is that awakenings are still far away from being ready and this is just a smokescreen to cover this fact. 

But one streamer likes it 🙈

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

I'm sorry to say but what Shirna and Trent said yesterday "enjoy pre-awakening until you can because awakening is completely different game, different PvP etc" and reasoning behind it doesn't makes sense to me unfortunately. We are simply being held back, once again. 

I agree with you. Alot of the comments they made were garbage. Saying their research shows most people miss pre awakening days and wish they had more time. Well for 1 thats the pc crowd your supposedly refering to and this is console crowd. Two seperate beasts. And 2 even the stream blew up calling it a BS answer.

Just another aspect of the game that is holding players back from "becoming their true selves" for BS reasons.

Almost like the part about not wanting large update sized because Bobby Joe in BFE might take 4 days to download it on his AOL dial up internet speed.

• Like 2

They should release more classes if awakening is far from ready, give us something while we wait

Posted (edited)

I just want Valkyrie. Honestly they should release all the classes before awakening to even the odds on the play field but I'm sure they have other plans. I'm just hating to have to invest time into a class that I'm not entirely fond of xD please release valk next month after these new 4 classes event is over ;_;

Edited by Binky
  • Like 1

I think awakening is next week.. max in 2 weeks.. its the next update.. every bdo after Na.. sea,sa,etc. Awakening come earlier then valencia.. no sence valencencia before awakening.. soo be ready the next update its awakening!

1 hour ago, Binky said:

I just want Valkyrie. Honestly they should release all the classes before awakening to even the odds on the play field 

You do realize Archer starts with their awakening weapon already. Wouldnt even the playing field if thats the only class with access lol

1 hour ago, GabrielZ said:

I think awakening is next week.. max in 2 weeks.. its the next update.. every bdo after Na.. sea,sa,etc. Awakening come earlier then valencia.. no sence valencencia before awakening.. soo be ready the next update its awakening!

Make it 2 weeks. Dont need the joy of awakening put on hold cause of Endgame

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

I'm sorry to say but what Shirna and Trent said yesterday "enjoy pre-awakening until you can because awakening is completely different game, different PvP etc" and reasoning behind it doesn't make sense to me unfortunately. We are simply being held back, once again. 

Ok so I watched the EU stream and will get around to watching the NA VoD. i got tied up and couldn't make that stream. They made this comment on the EU stream. At first it pissed me off, especially because Shirna mentions he heard Tim Allen say he thinks awakenings changes the game and they should just slow down and enjoy this time. While i respect Tim's opinion, I think he came to BDX for a few reasons, bored with BDO, wanted to experience pre awakened PvP, and capitalize on the xbox hype. 

But once chat got edgy with this comment he did clarify that they are not basing any decision, off of any streamer, and that awakening is still on time, and scheduled to be released on time, according to the dev's schedule. But more over take Tim's advice of enjoy the non awakening aspects before the game does change with awakenings.

While I understand this aspect, I do not agree with it. I'm personally holding back leveling my wizard because I refuse to level ANOTHER class unawakened again, it's so much slower, and the cool downs are much better. Last Class I leveled to 60 before awakening was DK, I did it in 17 days on PC when she launched. To anyone who actually reaches 60 before Valencia drops, i feel sorry for them, it's not an easy task and it's a very big time commitment. While yes, the combat is slower before awakening, it doesn't chance the fact that some classes just flow better with their awakening, some classes depend on their awakening to be better, it breaks some classes and causes some imbalances. Everyone just needs to remember they do not really balance the game around 1v1s but around large GvG. Which is why Ninja's just delete people 1 on 1, but put them in GvG they suck unless they pick the backline off one by one, but Wizards and Warriors can drop 10 people with one combo in siege, its why Mystic is so tanky, yet can deal so much damage, because she was designed to be tanking damage, while going toe to toe with the front line attack. pull them all out of context and you have imbalances. END GAME of BDX is PvP specifically according to devs and the executive producer it's Siege. Which that gets ruined by petty politics or one guild just being so geared no one wants to challenge them (*cough* ManUp 30 weeks uncontested).  

I don't think it's anything to panic about, it's their opinions, not what's gospel.  Awakenings are coming, on time, on schedule according to the devs. Do I agree with their timing, the longer they wait the more my answer becomes no I don't agree. Do I agree with them not just spelling it out saying that its coming X updates away, no. It's would only effect a few small markets, Memory fragments/scrolls, and the sharps, but to be fair if you aren't stocking up you are doing something wrong. If you aren't hoarding your accessories that melt into sharps and hards, that's your fault.  Not the Devs, saying when awakening is coming. 

Edited by Nightingale

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Ok so I watched the EU stream and will get around to watching the NA VoD. i got tied up and couldn't make that stream. They made this comment on the EU stream. At first it pissed me off, especially because Shirna mentions he heard Tim Allen say he thinks awakenings changes the game and they should just slow down and enjoy this time. While i respect Tim's opinion, I think he came to BDX for a few reasons, bored with BDO, wanted to experience pre awakened PvP, and capitalize on the xbox hype. 

But once chat got edgy with this comment he did clarify that they are not basing any decision, off of any streamer, and that awakening is still on time, and scheduled to be released on time, according to the dev's schedule. But more over take Tim's advice of enjoy the non awakening aspects before the game does change with awakenings.

While I understand this aspect, I do not agree with it. I'm personally holding back leveling my wizard because I refuse to level ANOTHER class unawakened again, it's so much slower, and the cool downs are much better. Last Class I leveled to 60 before awakening was DK, I did it in 17 days on PC when she launched. To anyone who actually reaches 60 before Valencia drops, i feel sorry for them, it's not an easy task and it's a very big time commitment. While yes, the combat is slower before awakening, it doesn't chance the fact that some classes just flow better with their awakening, some classes depend on their awakening to be better, it breaks some classes and causes some imbalances. Everyone just needs to remember they do not really balance the game around 1v1s but around large GvG. Which is why Ninja's just delete people 1 on 1, but put them in GvG they suck unless they pick the backline off one by one, but Wizards and Warriors can drop 10 people with one combo in siege, its why Mystic is so tanky, yet can deal so much damage, because she was designed to be tanking damage, while going toe to toe with the front line attack. pull them all out of context and you have imbalances. END GAME of BDX is PvP specifically according to devs and the executive producer it's Siege. Which that gets ruined by petty politics or one guild just being so geared no one wants to challenge them (*cough* ManUp 30 weeks uncontested).  

I don't think it's anything to panic about, it's their opinions, not what's gospel.  Awakenings are coming, on time, on schedule according to the devs. Do I agree with their timing, the longer they wait the more my answer becomes no I don't agree. Do I agree with them not just spelling it out saying that its coming X updates away, no. It's would only effect a few small markets, Memory fragments/scrolls, and the sharps, but to be fair if you aren't stocking up you are doing something wrong. If you aren't hoarding your accessories that melt into sharps and hards, that's your fault.  Not the Devs, saying when awakening is coming. 

Good points.

Again, if awakenings release at the end of the roadmap, somewhere mid to late June, then this is simply too late. Ideally, I would like to see it no later than beginning of May. I wouldn’t mind at all getting it next week provided we also get the rest of missing things from Mediah like melting accessories, alchemy stones etc etc. 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777

12 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Good points.

Again, if awakenings release at the end of the roadmap, somewhere mid to late June, then this is simply too late. Ideally, I would like to see it no later than beginning of May. I wouldn’t mind at all getting it next week provided we also get the rest of missing things from Mediah like melting accessories, alchemy stones etc etc. 

I think Shrina said the accessory melting was coming soonish. 

2 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

I think Shrina said the accessory melting was coming soonish. 

Yeah they said that almost a month ago and still nothing. 🤔

4 hours ago, Binky said:

I just want Valkyrie. Honestly they should release all the classes before awakening to even the odds on the play field but I'm sure they have other plans. I'm just hating to have to invest time into a class that I'm not entirely fond of xD please release valk next month after these new 4 classes event is over ;_;

Same here I want valkaryie also.

Posted (edited)

This is exactly how us Fishing Pros feel too. So many caps on what we are allowed to do its crazy. Hell we couldn't even get a response to our questions about expanding fishing at all. The only thing they said was Harpooning is broken. No ****? When will it be fixed? Hotspots? No. Nothing.

Edited by Tr3nch

8 minutes ago, Natural Iodine said:

Seems like everyone wants Awakenings +1 to that 

Everyone but the CMs lol

5 minutes ago, Natural Iodine said:

A lot of balance issues are fixed with Awakenings lol so yeah mhmmmm 

With awakenings they wouldnt need 2 seperate balance teams(1 pre and 1 post) and they could focus on overall class balances

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Edited by Vengecide

Posted (edited)

I would like to think, we get absolute skills before awakening.. On Pc they introduced it after awakening and it just dident catch on for real.. so imo give us absolute skills before awakening.

Edited by Kian2559

I'm fine with Awakening arriving later on as i agree with Shirna. Once it drops, everything will change. Why not enjoy the game as it is while it lasts. You will be nostalgic about this anyway, better make some memories while you can. And that's coming from Lahn that's like not really the best pre-awa class :3

Be glad that the new content comes here without a long wait, in other games it takes much longer. Do not know a game that has new content so fast.

Awakening and Valencia are expected to arrive in June, the last reminder of the GM that I do not remember.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zenjii said:

Be glad that the new content comes here without a long wait, in other games it takes much longer. Do not know a game that has new content so fast.

Awakening and Valencia are expected to arrive in June, the last reminder of the GM that I do not remember.

I thought they said BY June not in June. In june could be June 30th

6 hours ago, Kian2559 said:

I would like to think, we get absolute skills before awakening.. On Pc they introduced it after awakening and it just dident catch on for real.. so imo give us absolute skills before awakening.

They didn't catch on? umm ok, i know a lot of classes that use their absolutes quite often (ranger, ninja, zerker, archer, tamer, to name a few) . plus you seem to neglect the fact they cost anywhere from 30 - 65 skill points for this one skill. Plus they are available from level 56 - 60 so you have some work to so before you get them. Plus do you expect you best skills to be available right away at 56? Nope try again most of the "big" skills are 58-60. 

Im 57 right now on my wizard and I REFUSE to grind till awakening for my levels/skill points. my time is better set life skilling and get my contribution setup, getting setup to make 100mil passively a day, while i lolly gag and grind for crap RoI at grind spots hitting 61. 

In all reality about 80-90% of the server is not ready for awakenings gear wise. The top 10% would absolutely crush everyone.