Jump to content
Mefit

Daily racism is out of control

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Doesn’t matter the server , the time , it gets insane .

people on chat saying the worst racist bs I have ever seen on a MMO and no CM/GMs are on stopping it .

the game is completely toxic with no way to block people .

 

pay attention to Aete and Chipotle .

last month it was Korean hate , this month blacks and gays .

is this how PA going to allow these servers to become ?

the filters are dumb and don’t even block out real toxic words .

a ingame block is needed now , ingame report is needed now .

 

updated 

4A748287-F3BC-4A62-964B-8528C1E1669B.jpeg

 

65BC514E-8610-4CBC-8604-35C2D118EF30.jpeg

Edited by Mefit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Send it to Microsoft and see if their TOS for MS accounts tolerates this. (PS - It doesn’t)

If you push the issue hard enough with MS, one of two things will happen:

A) They will contact PA and ask them to add a report system that aligns with the MS tos for games. Should have been in day one.

B) Will offer you a refund if you want it regardless of time played. This will directly impact PA so they act with a system to eliminate this dumpster fire called chat.

No idea why eh GMs were so overly active during beta, all chatty, and now...non existent in game chat. Well...i kinda know why...

‘You GMs look real good in beta chat, act like we care. Then when the game goes live and we have their money, it doesn’t matter anymore.’

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Uberkull said:

Send it to Microsoft and see if their TOS for MS accounts tolerates this. (PS - It doesn’t)

If you push the issue hard enough with MS, one of two things will happen:

A) They will contact PA and ask them to add a report system that aligns with the MS tos for games. Should have been in day one.

B) Will offer you a refund if you want it regardless of time played. This will directly impact PA so they act with a system to eliminate this dumpster fire called chat.

No idea why eh GMs were so overly active during beta, all chatty, and now...non existent in game chat. Well...i kinda know why...

‘You GMs look real good in beta chat, act like we care. Then when the game goes live and we have their money, it doesn’t matter anymore.’

Sadly no way to do this without friending them .

their gamer tag is hidden to my knowledge and MS isn’t going to know how to find it .

PA should be stepping up but they are allowing their game to become toxic .

 

as I write this a guy was looking for a guild for him and his wife and someone replied that his wife could join and he could watch .

 

Edited by Mefit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MS doesn’t need to know anything other than PA is failing to abide by MS TOS for using XBL.  Let MS put the pre$$ure on if PA wants to pretend this game is transiting the regular internet. 

PA should implement blocking and reporting anyway. Things that have been in mmorpgs since the 90s...

In the end, I think at the minimum they will have to implement a backend tie in to gamer tags for reports made to MS. The screenshot above shows a banable offense via XBL TOS.  I’d rather see losers banned from XBL than see BDO removed. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hardcore said:

MS doesn’t need to know anything other than PA is failing to abide by MS TOS for using XBL.  Let MS put the pre$$ure on if PA wants to pretend this game is transiting the regular internet. 

PA should implement blocking and reporting anyway. Things that have been in mmorpgs since the 90s...

In the end, I think at the minimum they will have to implement a backend tie in to gamer tags for reports made to MS. The screenshot above shows a banable offense via XBL TOS.  I’d rather see losers banned from XBL than see BDO removed. 

Personally I don’t want to see anyone ban , just learn common decency and respect.

But it seems popular to say the most toxic things these days which is sad .

If PA had a game master or something , would be nice but I haven’t seen one since the GM event 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for talking trash but the chat in this game is laughably horrible. I usually have it off but out of the 5 mins a day that it's on, it's 5 mins of some edgy kids in some suburb somewhere saying things they wouldn't ever dare say in real life. I actually recognize that chipotle guy, he's a real class act. 

There was one single time someone actually asked about a game mechanic and someone actually answered. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, ban em.  They certainly don’t respect you, why give them that luxury?  Really, they serve zero use to the community and only drag it down.  They’ll learn their error when their game library is gone. 

 

And this his is nothing new. XBL chat used to be FILLED with bigoted scum trash until MS got smart and realized it hurt their bottom line.  Gotta realize, children 5 and up play these games. That kind of garbage rhetoric has real word implications. Plus network and content providers in the US are now legally liable for the content on them. 

So, ban em IMO.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Hardcore said:

Nah, ban em.  They certainly don’t respect you, why give them that luxury?  Really, they serve zero use to the community and only drag it down.  They’ll learn their error when their game library is gone. 

 

And this his is nothing new. XBL chat used to be FILLED with bigoted scum trash until MS got smart and realized it hurt their bottom line.  Gotta realize, children 5 and up play these games. That kind of garbage rhetoric has real word implications. Plus network and content providers in the US are now legally liable for the content on them. 

So, ban em IMO.

I am not black , I am just tried of seeing it . I don’t know why the line has to be crossed so extremely every day .

id play with chat off but I talk to my guild through ingame chat .

not to mention I like the good conversations 

What I don’t get is PA is a Korean Conpany and the first month all I seen was racist attacks against Koreans .

i understand people got to make a living but , integrity is needed too .

Not to trying to bring it up but you can have legitimate political and social conversations without condemning all whole group of people and that’s where it always goes , if not starts like .

i don’t care who people support or vote for really I don’t .

 

i tries to get my 12 yr old to play this game and now I am like I am happy he just has no patience for quest .

If PA ever gets to spending money on fixing the chat to at least  we can block people, I will think about trying again .

he does like PvP  

Edited by Mefit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a zero tolerance to this. It's unacceptable. No warnings, no temp bans. Perma ban, you are gone. Once people realise that is the outcome it will reduce.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, some of you may have seen me and Uberkull disagree on this a couple of weeks back. 

However, my patience with chat has worn thin, and I now completely agree with him that we need a report feature. House Belmont anyone? 

I've had to constantly tell idiots to shut up in chat. It's not even subtle, I've seen people saying the Russians speak "Moon language", rail at the French/German players for not speaking English, with every name under the sun being thrown at them, and for why? Because they had the audacity to not be English? Let's not forget the COUNTLESS comments to the French players about how the Notre Dame fire was "deserved". 

There are too many pieces of trash playing this game, and they are hiding behind their screen anonymity, getting away with things that would have them arrested in the real world. 

I know not every player uses chat, and it's a fact that a lot of players aren't like this. But when this is all you see, it really destroys your faith in the community. 

If you're in a guild, and you use the chat, you can't hide it from your screen because all types of chat are shown. 

So yes, we need a report feature. ASAP. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow BDX NA sure gets wild, and i though we have it bad in EU with the daily dosage of autism and "trap" related discussions.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

Wow BDX NA sure gets wild, and i though we have it bad in EU with the daily dosage of autism and "trap" related discussions.

Oh no, everything I just said IS on EU unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

Oh no, everything I just said IS on EU unfortunately. 

Well TBH what you said is nothing compared to the picture above. People speaking their national languagues is meh, but it's certainly not illegal same as some comments about Notre Dame nobody even cares about one week later and it's rather fine anyway :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

Well TBH what you said is nothing compared to the picture above. People speaking their national languagues is meh, but it's certainly not illegal same as some comments about Notre Dame nobody even cares about one week later and it's rather fine anyway :).

Er....I think your mind isn't going to the place it should with this. I'm not repeating what these people are saying, but I assure you, it is just as bad as the racism up there. Only, it's against an entire country instead of skin colour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mefit said:

I am not black , I am just tried of seeing it .

Not what I was meant by they ‘don’t respect you.’  Bigots don’t respect anyone, including themselves. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sad part is pa is pushing out pearl shop items instead of fixing the game. You can implement a report button in like 20 lines of code. It's not that difficult. The outlook of this game seems rather grim at this point in time due to the lack of effort pushed by the entire pa company. Let's look at devs, not listening to the player on simple requests, like a report button. How about the CMs? They genuinely lie on stream saying they are on all the time, some on their own account, yet they let these things slide. If they truly were on, then more would be muted. The problem lays on both sides, toxic consumers and lack of responsibility from pa. The last patch was an event extension and added pearl shop items. They can add money making features, but heaven forbid they add a report button. What they fail to realise is, they are going to push out a major player base by allowing the chat to stay this way. Therefore they loose more money on the long run. Unless this game is only a 1 or 2 year stint, their revenue will drastically drop.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 years playing so many MMORPGS and one thing ive always noticed is that the public chat is always garbage, it is just rammed full of immature little kids constantly trying to offend the new politically correct world we live in. Its been like this on any multiplayer game that offers public chat (that you cant turn off) since the dawn of MMO games. And no matter what the developers put in to block it, the kids will find some other way to get around it. Whats needed is just a way to turn off the chat or filter out certain players.

Myself i would like to turn the whole garbage chat off as it takes up valuable screen space with constant wtb, wts, looking for guild, our guilds tougher than your guild, and crybabies who got killed while farming in a pvp game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why ppl still use the public chat? It's always off for me. I never know what ppl are saying and I dont give a SH!T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

20 years playing MMOs then you know report and block functions are 20+ years old. PA has no excuse here. 

 

Edit:  and some posters above made a good point about the priority of the pearl shop. I won’t spend one more dollar on this game until they fix chat and comply with XBL standards. 

Edited by Hardcore
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mefit said:

Doesn’t matter the server , the time , it gets insane .

people on chat saying the worst racist bs I have ever seen on a MMO and no CM/GMs are on stopping it .

the game is completely toxic with no way to block people .

 

pay attention to Aete and Chipotle .

last month it was Korean hate , this month blacks and gays .

is this how PA going to allow these servers to become ?

the filters are dumb and don’t even block out real toxic words .

a ingame block is needed now , ingame report is needed now .

4A748287-F3BC-4A62-964B-8528C1E1669B.jpeg

Not much u can do I submitted a ticket about the daily racism as even for xbox its pretty over the top. This is a game the constant political nonsense the constant racist nationalist nonsense has its place and it's not in the game. The gms could could care less they post the same reply to every ticket. They got your money so unless you can deal with chat off I'd suggest getting a refund as MS will also refund any Pearl's you bought. See how they feel when their pockets get emptied for their lack of following the same contract we all sign with MS. I mean the replies are baffling. "We appreciate your concern and we appreciate your concern and we appreciate your concern but we arent gonna do anything good day we appreciate your concern"

Greetings Adventurer,

Thank you for reaching us your concern. This is GM Calpheon from Black Desert Xbox Team

We understand and we appreciate your concern about the community of the game. Regarding with your inquiry, we would like to inform you that your concern was highly appreciated and for us to improve the game community. We would like to inform you that we will forward this to the appropriate department. We hope for your kind understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact us again anytime.

Regards,

GM Calpheon
Black Desert Xbox 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

Wow BDX NA sure gets wild, and i though we have it bad in EU with the daily dosage of autism and "trap" related discussions.

They talk about that too daily , not to sound biased or making one thing more important than others , but I seems the whole “Trap” conversation earlier in the day , I wasn’t less upset or bothered , but my hopes was it would end like that . ( it didn’t ) I think I just got sick off it when they started talking about killing people .

i understand this is a PvP game , people are going to say things to get under your skin , but this is beyond that .

i try not to pay attention to chat much but again I am in a guild that uses the games Text/chat on top of discord .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

Er....I think your mind isn't going to the place it should with this. I'm not repeating what these people are saying, but I assure you, it is just as bad as the racism up there. Only, it's against an entire country instead of skin colour. 

I just don’t get why PA isn’t en

 

35 minutes ago, ChilMeiSTer1968 said:

20 years playing so many MMORPGS and one thing ive always noticed is that the public chat is always garbage, it is just rammed full of immature little kids constantly trying to offend the new politically correct world we live in. Its been like this on any multiplayer game that offers public chat (that you cant turn off) since the dawn of MMO games. And no matter what the developers put in to block it, the kids will find some other way to get around it. Whats needed is just a way to turn off the chat or filter out certain players.

Myself i would like to turn the whole garbage chat off as it takes up valuable screen space with constant wtb, wts, looking for guild, our guilds tougher than your guild, and crybabies who got killed while farming in a pvp game. 

You can turn off chat but I use it for questions , and there is goodtimes of actual good conversations.

After I post the OP , people went from racism to Star Wars and Game of Thrones .

Was like one person out of 5-10 people who was talking about SJWs ,”Too PC” etc , the rest seem to be having a legit conversation in the enjoyment of those series .

I am also not a BDO pro , I ask a lot of questions to my guild and the General discussion chat .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, LHBr said:

Why ppl still use the public chat? It's always off for me. I never know what ppl are saying and I dont give a SH!T

Not everyone is in a guild. We shouldn’t have to ignore everyone due to a handful of assholes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...