Mefit

Daily racism is out of control

Well, since this is an ongoing discussion, you might want to include any CM or GM you can tag.

@[CM] Serena @[CM]Shirna @[GM]Kusha @[CM] Serena 

The TOS for this game is here LINK

Article 14 (User's Obligations)

• Users shall not engage in any activity that intends and targets to do any of the following subparagraphs:
    • 9.Disclose or post information that is contrary to public order and good morals such as obscene or violent speech, writing, video, sound, and so on.

The ‘and so on’ part makes me a little concerned for such a formal topic like a TOS. This topic should be very specific and complete. Not a ‘and so on’ subject.

In the same TOS...

Article 32 (Handling of Complaints and Dispute)

• The Company will guide you on how to present your opinions or complaints on the initial screen of the game or on the game service website. The Company operates a dedicated organization to handle such user's comments and complaints.

I still question if this ‘organization’ is staffed with the appropriate amount of people to be ‘dedicated’ to just ‘user’s comments and complaints’. 

Want see what Microsoft says? Make sure you are logged into your MS account on the MS site and then go here LINK

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Uberkull said:

Well, since this is an ongoing discussion, you might want to include any CM or GM you can tag.

@[CM] Serena @[CM]Shirna @[GM]Kusha @[CM] Serena 

The TOS for this game is here LINK

Article 14 (User's Obligations)

• Users shall not engage in any activity that intends and targets to do any of the following subparagraphs:
    • 9.Disclose or post information that is contrary to public order and good morals such as obscene or violent speech, writing, video, sound, and so on.

The ‘and so on’ part makes me a little concerned for such a formal topic like a TOS. This topic should be very specific and complete. Not a ‘and so on’ subject.

In the same TOS...

Article 32 (Handling of Complaints and Dispute)

• The Company will guide you on how to present your opinions or complaints on the initial screen of the game or on the game service website. The Company operates a dedicated organization to handle such user's comments and complaints.

I still question if this ‘organization’ is staffed with the appropriate amount of people to be ‘dedicated’ to just ‘user’s comments and complaints’. 

Want see what Microsoft says? Make sure you are logged into your MS account on the MS site and then go here LINK

I wrote a ticket , still not addressed , doubt they care 

Agreed, but there's another problem. If PA don't answer tickets properly anymore, how do you think they'll honour any report system they do put in place?

• Thanks 1

I saw a GM or two on the chat last night to monitor the chat. There were several people deliberately baiting them with racist remarks and name calling. I wonder if any bans came of that.....

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2019 at 12:14 AM, Hardcore said:

MS doesn’t need to know anything other than PA is failing to abide by MS TOS for using XBL.  Let MS put the pre$$ure on if PA wants to pretend this game is transiting the regular internet. 

PA should implement blocking and reporting anyway. Things that have been in mmorpgs since the 90s...

In the end, I think at the minimum they will have to implement a backend tie in to gamer tags for reports made to MS. The screenshot above shows a banable offense via XBL TOS.  I’d rather see losers banned from XBL than see BDO removed. 

I agree I'm gonna start pushing the issue also, server chat is out of control and they don't provide a way to filter out server chat, maybe I want to turn off server chat for a couple hours but still have my guild chat on. It's more than just racism, the amount of people harassing each other in the server chat is also ridiculous. There need to be some sort of measures to follow and chat filters. Also the sexual talks need to be addressed to. I would turn off server chat but that also turns off guild chat which I want on still.

• Like 1

People spend so much time trying to police others. Are there sh/itbags out there... yes. Should we just ignore the garbage... yes.

Making topics and showing butthurt in chat keeps it going. They are idiot kids saying trigger words to ... trigger people. 

I get more upset about the handful of people CONSTANTLY complaining about words that hurt them. Blow it off fCs

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Hulkksmash said:

People spend so much time trying to police others. Are there sh/itbags out there... yes. Should we just ignore the garbage... yes.

Making topics and showing butthurt in chat keeps it going. They are idiot kids saying trigger words to ... trigger people. 

I get more upset about the handful of people CONSTANTLY complaining about words that hurt them. Blow it off fCs

Uh no. You accept terms of services which allows them to ban you for any offense towards said terms of service. If its bothering people then they should have the ability to speak out about it. This isnt just name calling **** talking type stuff this is hate speech racist bullshit noone wants to hear. You might be ok with ignoring the kkk type mentality in chat but most people arent. Here we go again in chat talking about Mexicans and kill them all yadda yadda. If PA wont abide by it's own rules I'll gladly take the 150 bucks I spent and go elsewhere theres tons of games to play I shouldnt need to "ignore" the bullshit in chat everyday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Carnaea said:

Uh no. You accept terms of services which allows them to ban you for any offense towards said terms of service. If its bothering people then they should have the ability to speak out about it. This isnt just name calling **** talking type stuff this is hate speech racist bullshit noone wants to hear. You might be ok with ignoring the kkk type mentality in chat but most people arent. Here we go again in chat talking about Mexicans and kill them all yadda yadda. If PA wont abide by it's own rules I'll gladly take the 150 bucks I spent and go elsewhere theres tons of games to play I shouldnt need to "ignore" the bullshit in chat everyday

Smh youre missing my point. Ffs you guys worry so much about words. You spend more time complaining than playing. If you played you probably wouldnt be screening chat for offensive words. 

3 minutes ago, Hulkksmash said:

Smh youre missing my point. Ffs you guys worry so much about words. You spend more time complaining than playing. If you played you probably wouldnt be screening chat for offensive words. 

Noones screening chat it's a constant thing going on but by all means it sounds like they must be your buddy. Seem to defending the nonsense rather then following your own advice and ignoring people speaking out about it. If you dont care then stfu? Na that wouldnt make sense right "snowflake"?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Carnaea said:

Noones screening chat it's a constant thing going on but by all means it sounds like they must be your buddy. Seem to defending the nonsense rather then following your own advice and ignoring people speaking out about it. If you dont care then stfu? Na that wouldnt make sense right "snowflake"?

Please reply to every post i made lol. I must have triggered someone. 

Awwwee cute 

4 minutes ago, Hulkksmash said:

Please reply to every post i made lol. I must have triggered someone. 

Awwwee cute 

Triggered af sitting in kzarka with nothing to do then argue with the man child who calls people snowflakes XD why not

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hulkksmash said:

People spend so much time trying to offend others. Are there sh/itbags out there... yes. Should we just ignore the garbage... yes.

Making topics and showing Racism in chat. They are idiot kids saying trigger words to ... trigger people. 

I mean saying a group of people based off color should be exterminated and make good tree decorations .... yeah nothing big .....

1 hour ago, Hulkksmash said:

Issue is with the attitude you have, it doesn’t go away. Looking the other way never works, anywhere.

Let’s be real. Every legit game on Xbox has gamertags incorporated into characters names in some form. This allows the Report feature that is a staple for Xbox policing.

By PA avoiding to use this system, makes them have to do more work by policing their game...which they are not doing. Eventually it will blow back on PA when the game fails MS certification on some patch update. That’s how MS gets their way, fail your cert.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Uberkull said:

Issue is with the attitude you have, it doesn’t go away. Looking the other way never works, anywhere.

Let’s be real. Every legit game on Xbox has gamertags incorporated into characters names in some form. This allows the Report feature that is a staple for Xbox policing.

By PA avoiding to use this system, makes them have to do more work by policing their game...which they are not doing. Eventually it will blow back on PA when the game fails MS certification on some patch update. That’s how MS gets their way, fail your cert.

I am starting to believe they don’t incorporate the gamer tag so MS doesn’t kill they potential earn income off of toxic players 

Chipotle is on atm , GM replies to my report saying he’d look into it yet I gave him a screen shot lol .

change the name from BLack Desert to Klan Desert 

7 minutes ago, Mefit said:

Chipotle is on atm , GM replies to my report saying he’d look into it yet I gave him a screen shot lol .

change the name from BLack Desert to Klan Desert 

Yep chipotle and a few others were on mediah 2 spouting off about killing Mexicans wasnt that the same guy that got 20 warnings from GM_heidel? I have a feeling these are PC players who are buddies with the GMs as theres no other explanation why they arent getting banned I've never played a game xbox PC playstation that just allows this type of stuff to constantly happen. Sure there are the occasional people who make new accounts but they die off after seeing there being no point in wasting all that time and money to push an agenda 99% of the people want nothing to do with. It cant be the money because they will lose alot more people by not getting rid of the few causing problems. Doesnt make much sense unless they are dishing out thousands of dollars and even then a ban will just make them spend thousands more to get it all back. 

2 minutes ago, Carnaea said:

Yep chipotle and a few others were on mediah 2 spouting off about killing Mexicans wasnt that the same guy that got 20 warnings from GM_heidel? I have a feeling these are PC players who are buddies with the GMs as theres no other explanation why they arent getting banned I've never played a game xbox PC playstation that just allows this type of stuff to constantly happen. Sure there are the occasional people who make new accounts but they die off after seeing there being no point in wasting all that time and money to push an agenda 99% of the people want nothing to do with. It cant be the money because they will lose alot more people by not getting rid of the few causing problems. Doesnt make much sense unless they are dishing out thousands of dollars and even then a ban will just make them spend thousands more to get it all back. 

Either or , I am not black , but I have children who walk past my tv and can read .

If this keeps up I am going to have to get a refund because I don’t play GTA while my kids can see it , don’t watch movies with Sex scenes when my kids can see it , and I am not going to keep a game I can’t play until my kids go to bed that is grindy like BDO .

if I keep seeing TheBoy guild members spouting off racist propaganda and attacks I will go to MS .

Eventually MS won’t want to be mixed in with a game that does nothing and allows this agenda to keep going .

idc who you support , where you are politically , or religiously but hating People based off skin, gender , religion shouldn’t be on a game .

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, is this type of public chat or speech allowed anywhere? I’ve seen silly sex stuff before but not the blatant racism/ hate speech.

1 hour ago, Wikked said:

Out of curiosity, is this type of public chat or speech allowed anywhere? I’ve seen silly sex stuff before but not the blatant racism/ hate speech.

Try it out at work. Enjoy unemployment.

Try it out on social media. Enjoy suspensions and bans...and potential future employers reviewing your social media history to find out you’re not what any fortune 500 company wants in their org.

Other games? 

WoW - Right-click name > Report Player For Language. Result? Blizzard bans account. Since Overwatch, Blizzard has zero tolerance.

ESO - Report Player. Warning, then suspension.

I’d like to point out another thing. This thread, and the other chat related thread would never have lasted this long on either of those MMO forums cause the CMs are active there and give a ****.

Example LINK

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uberkull said:

Try it out at work. Enjoy unemployment.

Try it out on social media. Enjoy suspensions and bans...and potential future employers reviewing your social media history to find out you’re not what any fortune 500 company wants in their org.

Other games? 

WoW - Right-click name > Report Player For Language. Result? Blizzard bans account. Since Overwatch, Blizzard has zero tolerance.

ESO - Report Player. Warning, then suspension.

I’d like to point out another thing. This thread, and the other chat related thread would never have lasted this long on either of those MMO forums cause the CMs are active there and give a ****.

Example LINK

Or we want people to talk about issues and don't close them down? 

So we are working on systems for banning/chat bans, and a few good ideas have come out which are being refined. We are taking it seriously, and is something that we are building back end systems to help stem it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, [CM]Shirna said:

You guys allow racism in game chat and what good does talking about racism and hate speech in a gaming forum provide?

Absolutely nothing good.

Completely unprofessional and rather embarrassing.

22 minutes ago, [CM]Shirna said:

So we are working on systems for banning/chat bans, and a few good ideas have come out which are being refined. We are taking it seriously, and is something that we are building back end systems to help stem it. 

Well we have their ingame names screenshots to prove even some of their xbox live gamertags so what else is there to do? Do you support it or not? They now resort to attacking people who discuss it on forums in chat as well and continue to mock gms in chat like they are untouchable. You mean to tell me you "are working on" ban systems as if you cant just ban accounts like you've done to people who got refunds? There is no warning after the 50th day of constant racist spam coming out of chat. No other platform or game etc would allow it to happen let alone constantly. 

Trolls say things like this because its gets a rise out of the thin skinned.

All the complaining and asking for protection from the mods is doing is making them laugh harder at the people who get offended.

Just ignore them. They're just looking to make your face read and sweaty over some 0's and 1's on your screen that you have chosen to read.

Look down from your screen, your not bleeding, your not bruised. The only things trolls can damage are your feels if you let them.

Big problem in modern society, everyone wants a safe space and is triggered by any little thing. You feed them with your anger.

Sticks and stones mate....

Edited by Harming