Sign in to follow this  
maXmood

How can i P2W?

1 minute ago, Calamity Black said:

So is it even worth playing, for PVP sake end game, if all one is willing to spend is a costume and a pet?

Here's the thing, my Ap 189, and dp 249 I have only bought a outfit and a 50 weight limit pack. But I have endlessly grinded and nearly Burnt out going to 58 at pirates.

Buying a value packs, exp packs, drop rate packs, weight limit packs. Pisses me off because I know it makes the game ūüė° better but it's locked behind a pay wall because they want players to quit or give in and buy everything.. so it's your choice¬†

More I play less I enjoy. I PvP in a siege guild and knowing that the other guilds are credit cards abusers makes it very hard to keep up.

2 hours ago, Kilmaine said:

Nope. Some of the community, including you, is collectively in denial. A game is considered pay to win if it offers items and benefits beyond cosmetics purchasable in a cash shop, at least that was the definition until part of the MMORPG community attempted to move the goal post.

In the PC version people with a family fame of over 2501 can sell an additional thirty pearl items on top of the five they can already list each week. With billions of silver on a weekly basis you can buy the many available pieces of TET gear off the marketplace and start saving for the few PEN items that get listed.

Literally slamming my head off my phone screen. But then again....

2 hours ago, Natural Iodine said:

Don't argue with him, his wallet may be offended. 

Doesn't understand that you can literally buy almost anything but levels till that's a thing... 

We have this idiot, who's even worse. How do you people even remember to breathe?! 

This reminds me of the old "Neverwinter is p2w" days. Those idiots didn't understand the difference between p2w and pay for convenience either. 

You can sit here saying how getting loads of silver for real cash is p2w, but if you don't know your character, or haven't put the time in to learn said character, you aint winning a thing, regardless of money spent. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There is a hole in the dam and water is coming out.

P2w people are next to the hole getting wet, ftp people are 10 feet left dry.

Even though it's a trickle, you can get wet.

Raging over water doesn't make swimming less fun.

15 hours ago, maXmood said:

i see ppl that are shy of 500gs and i'm wondering, how can they advance so much if it wasn't for something they knew from PC or something they paid for to advance so much?

selling costumes isn't really good, because 24mill isn't really huge advancement. getting Valks from costumes saves u some silver, but you still have to deal with RNG, which isn't really effective?

so, what's the best way to advance using real $$$? 

Ima be honest as possible. T4 pets. 5 of each maid. Max weight. 3 16 inventory slots. Kama blessing. Value pack. Combat book. One guille. One costume. Extra worker slots. The selling costume stuff does not help. Its like one hour of grind time worth of money. Buying them to melt for crons is debatable. Do the above. And grind your butt off. Thats how they are pushing 500. Not by paying

Most of it is a one purchase thing. I always tell people. Come into bdo understanding its a 200-300$ game to be relevant and youll be okay. 

• Like 1

So can any wallet warriors here show some screenshots to confirm that pearl item sales are taxed? Because on the pc there is no tax on pearl item sales.

7 hours ago, AlreadyDead said:

So can any wallet warriors here show some screenshots to confirm that pearl item sales are taxed? Because on the pc there is no tax on pearl item sales.

No tax for NA. VAT should only be EU

9 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

Ima be honest as possible. T4 pets. 5 of each maid. Max weight. 3 16 inventory slots. Kama blessing. Value pack. Combat book. One guille. One costume. Extra worker slots. The selling costume stuff does not help. Its like one hour of grind time worth of money. Buying them to melt for crons is debatable. Do the above. And grind your butt off. Thats how they are pushing 500. Not by paying

Most of it is a one purchase thing. I always tell people. Come into bdo understanding its a 200-300$ game to be relevant and youll be okay. 

i'm aiming for T4 pets (atm i have 2x T2, 2x T3).. maybe i'll get them to T4 when new "event" pet comes out because i don't have anything to smash the fogan with. i have 4 storage maids, didn't see the need for a market one, but now i understand why i need that.. i bought weight on my main, i think i'm at 1000 LT atm, what's the maximum i can have? i bought slots once, but i can't tell what i actually am on atm >.< because VP is still active?

maybe i'll get the kama blessing and combat books.. 

Valks seems to help, but combined with crons seems to be more effective/valuable.. imo selling costumes isn't the best, but a viable option, i mean approx. 100mil from selling 4 costumes at 2900pearls each (total of £91/$121).

There is no true pay to win its pay for convenience, people with high gs are just losers I’m at 450 and it took me a while and I’m a loser too 

Edited by Xcidis
Typo
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Xcidis said:

There is no true pay to win its pay for convenience, people with high gs are just losers I’m at 450 and it took me a while and I’m a loser too 

im that much of a loser im just over GS 400 ūüėĘ

1 hour ago, maXmood said:

i'm aiming for T4 pets (atm i have 2x T2, 2x T3).. maybe i'll get them to T4 when new "event" pet comes out because i don't have anything to smash the fogan with. i have 4 storage maids, didn't see the need for a market one, but now i understand why i need that.. i bought weight on my main, i think i'm at 1000 LT atm, what's the maximum i can have? i bought slots once, but i can't tell what i actually am on atm >.< because VP is still active?

maybe i'll get the kama blessing and combat books.. 

Valks seems to help, but combined with crons seems to be more effective/valuable.. imo selling costumes isn't the best, but a viable option, i mean approx. 100mil from selling 4 costumes at 2900pearls each (total of £91/$121).

Valks useless unless going for pens. Tets debatable. Stacks are easy and come naturally. Never go valks. Crons or nothing.  100mill is 3-4 hours of work. 1-2 good rng hours at the new spots. Its nothing worth your money. Market maids essentially allow you access to your global storage with the market. I use them to stow gear and not trash loot. Also you buy things or retrieve things in the middle of grinding. VP gives 16 slots if that helps. So two rows. 1200 something is max weight. 

17 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

Valks useless unless going for pens. Tets debatable. Stacks are easy and come naturally. Never go valks. Crons or nothing.  100mill is 3-4 hours of work. 1-2 good rng hours at the new spots. Its nothing worth your money. Market maids essentially allow you access to your global storage with the market. I use them to stow gear and not trash loot. Also you buy things or retrieve things in the middle of grinding. VP gives 16 slots if that helps. So two rows. 1200 something is max weight. 

cheers

On 5/6/2019 at 2:56 PM, Yiazzy said:

On 5/6/2019 at 2:56 PM, Yiazzy said:

They may know how to get good gear, but pretty much every alpha member I've come across is a pretentious, toxic tool. 

If you can manage to find a decent member to give you advice, then good on you bud, hope you find one! 

I'm not a pretentious toxic tool.... All of the time at least. 

Personally I've spent on artisans to get more mileage out of my memory fragments hover at the point kzarka hit I had 600 due to prepping from Launch. 

Bought weight, pets (I'm at t3 x 4) weight and inventory, always have a kama buff active. 

Gathered 5 characters of energy as much as possible for hards and sharps, used hards for failstacks. 

Leveled all new classes to 55 for the freebies and collected every event item possible. 

Grind high value areas when active and AFK fish when not, always making money one way or another. 

Got reasonably luck on enhancing but bought a lot of costumes of CM for crohns to help where possible.

Edited by Vext

1 hour ago, Vext said:

I'm not a pretentious toxic tool.... All of the time at least. 

Personally I've spent on artisans to get more mileage out of my memory fragments hover at the point kzarka hit I had 600 due to prepping from Launch. 

Bought weight, pets (I'm at t3 x 4) weight and inventory, always have a kama buff active. 

Gathered 5 characters of energy as much as possible for hards and sharps, used hards for failstacks. 

Leveled all new classes to 55 for the freebies and collected every event item possible. 

Grind high value areas when active and AFK fish when not, always making money one way or another. 

Got reasonably luck on enhancing but bought a lot of costumes of CM for crohns to help where possible.

Really not helping the wallet warriors lol but at least you're being realistic. I just say paying for things makes the game a lot easier so in a way it has a pay to win factor, but in other ways it's worst than any pay to win because the devs are extremely greedy.

Edited by Natural Iodine

2 hours ago, Natural Iodine said:

I just say paying for things makes the game a lot easier

So, it IS Pay for Convenience! Jin, Yahtzee and checkmate, my friend. 

On Monday, May 06, 2019 at 4:16 PM, Kilmaine said:

Nope. Some of the community, including you, is collectively in denial. A game is considered pay to win if it offers items and benefits beyond cosmetics purchasable in a cash shop, at least that was the definition until part of the MMORPG community attempted to move the goal post.

In the PC version people with a family fame of over 2501 can sell an additional thirty pearl items on top of the five they can already list each week. With billions of silver on a weekly basis you can buy the many available pieces of TET gear off the marketplace and start saving for the few PEN items that get listed.

Wahhhh ...   

Play more and you get better gear. Learn to failstack and maximize lifeskills. Pretty simple. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Hulkksmash said:

Wahhhh ...   

Play more and you get better gear. Learn to failstack and maximize lifeskills. Pretty simple. 

Refer to my first post turbo nerd. Pretty simple.

"It's not a debate, the game is P2W but that doesn't mean it's not enjoyable still."

9 hours ago, Hulkksmash said:

Wahhhh ...   

How Likeskill helps to earn money? no one buying item u craft except at low price...

12 minutes ago, Freemont said:

How Likeskill helps to earn money? no one buying item u craft except at low price...

Tell that to the 200 Copper Crystals I sold for over 40mil. 

Plenty of money to be earned through lifeskilling. Just gotta craft the right things ūüôā

3 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

Tell that to the 200 Copper Crystals I sold for over 40mil. 

Plenty of money to be earned through lifeskilling. Just gotta craft the right things ūüôā

Exactly. Sell the stuff your workers bring in. They'll find all those materials would get them a ton of silver. Don't hoard the stuff for some crafting item you think will come along. Unless you're deadset on boats or something ... sell the stuff. Especially if you are worried about gs and all that. 

Side note: process a lot of the items to get level up your processing as well. Many items sell better once processed too. 

They added the number of pre orders to the ui on market.

I can now make things people want cause I know its.a.sale

Lifeskill ftw