Primus

Forum Toxicity

Posted (edited)

It seems that some of the toxic waste is creeping into the forums. It's been happening for a while and isn't a sudden thing. I'm all for open speech but when the same usual names derail topics and incite arguments and use of ignore buttons... isn't that time for someone official to tap them on the shoulder?

Half the trash I see here wouldn't be tolerated by other managed forums. They would be banned by the impatient by now.

I'm not calling for a ban, but please could we not have our topics polluted by the usual bickering any more?

Edited by Primus
  • Like 2

But this is a pvp git gud.

All joking aside, it's the nature of people to be adamant about their point of view and the internet let's people be hostile with no recourse.

I smile and try to not linger long, trolls burn out pretty quick.

55 minutes ago, Doktar said:

But this is a pvp git gud.

All joking aside, it's the nature of people to be adamant about their point of view and the internet let's people be hostile with no recourse.

I smile and try to not linger long, trolls burn out pretty quick.

PogChamp Forum PvP is the best PvP

*someone pass the popcorn its going to "git gud"*

MJ.gif

Ingame chat is toxic, there are kids there throwing out racial slurs and all sorts of hate just to get attention. 

Forums, on the other hand, are just like forums for any other game. Call everything toxic and it loses meaning.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, justfaded said:

Ingame chat is toxic, there are kids there tYOU'REng out racial slurs and all sorts of hate just to get attention. 

Forums, on the other hand, are just like forums for any other game. Call everything toxic and it loses meaning.

This. 

Basically if you disagree with someone and say they are being stupid ....YOU'RE TOXIC! smh 

1 hour ago, Hulkksmash said:

This. 

Basically if you disagree with someone and say they are being stupid ....YOU'RE TOXIC! smh 

Ha. Yep. Sure OP is referring to me trying to educate the idiots, as one of the "Usual names derailing topics and inciting arguments" 😂 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

Ha. Yep. Sure OP is referring to me trying to educate the idiots, as one of the "Usual names derailing topics and inciting arguments" 😂 

Maaaaaaaybe. I wasn't but I could?? I'll leave it to Mod discretion!? XD

7 hours ago, Primus said:

Maaaaaaaybe. I wasn't but I could?? I'll leave it to Mod discretion!? XD

Well, sir, I'll have you I never derail! Merely reply to others, who are the ones who might have derailed! So NEHHH. 

...childish moment over 😅

11 hours ago, Hulkksmash said:

This. 

I disagree

13 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

Here's the idiot who doesn't think the games p2w and calls everyone idiots who says it is.. What an idiot.

• Haha 1

Aha... It is a bit Pay to Win because costumes give a chance of not losing EXP on death and allow Valk's Cry extraction to manipulate enhancement success for better weapons... as with anything in Black Desert it's convoluted. I'd also mention pets but we get the odd one thrown at us for free. Hmm. I'd say it's more... Pay To Buff?

If you know what you're doing with buffs then yeah you're winning against someone who hasn't buffed, perhaps. Tactics might override this. I've said elsewhere that it's a game of the Rich Elite vs. underdogs... and underdogs do win quite often here.

Anyway, I've been a hypocrite and derailed my own topic with this post! I'll happily discuss this elsewhere, feel free to mention me in an appropriate topic and I'll join in?

Back to business... The whole point is that this forum seems to be running away with itself and I thought we'd appreciate heavier forum management to keep things nice and tidy, civil and polite where possible, etc etc?

Some forums I know have a Rage Room section with a warning description over it, a place for mods to throw... questionable... content, whether against the rules or not, where raging posters can rage at each other while leaving a sense of calm in the topic where they raged. A rage room is even where a mod and member can vilify each other like a tennis match and thus left impersonal and quite enjoyable. Entertaining, sometimes, too.

I'd also understand if we want mods to continue being lazy and the forum go freestyle. ;)

On 5/10/2019 at 8:37 PM, Yiazzy said:

"Educate the idiots" roflmao right not toxic at all 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carnaea said:

"Educate the idiots" roflmao right not toxic at all 

Now look who's derailing the topic and inciting arguments! Isn't me! 

Posted (edited)

You should have been here in 2017 when the true PvP had a place between me and my booi @Beond

Edited by Daniel