Sign in to follow this  
Neferpitou

[PSA] valk's cry added in NA/EU server

so it happend

even when kakao (publisher of NA/EU version of bdo) originally stated that they will never add this item because of the advantages it offers
they broke with this promise and will include it into the NA/EU server branch on 29th of august 
images.jpg.df4c874c5039ddc1b989a59c69be36f1.jpg

some of you may not be aware what valk's cry actual is or why it is that huge of a deal for the game balance
and to understand it to some extenct a basic grasp of bdo's enhancement system is needed and why this is presumably the biggest cash crab kakao could come up with
i wont go much into detail about bdo's enhancement system cos this would blow this thread up and i leave it to yourself to get a grasp of this system but lemme give you some basics so you can understand whats going on

well lets start with the item itself:
valkscry.jpg.f511a1c458c02c6bd977d986bc415bb9.jpg

as you can read in the tooltip valks cry will help you to gain additional failstacks upon your already achived failstacks
lets say you have set a failstack goal of 25 fs for later use
what you would do to get there in meta would be: '
- generate 15 failstacks on a +14 gear piece
- continue failing pri enchants to 20
- continue failing DUO enchants to 25

now the nature of failstacks is.. the higher they get the harder they will become to achive
up to some point where 1 more failstack could be worth 30-50 kk silver
you can think of it as a square function:
valkscry2.jpg.88324dcf8c29b8dd24ef2f3c2b79bd49.jpg

this is because of concentrated black stones
those are not only very expensive but they're also hard to get since they will be sold out all the time and you will end up having to gather your own to make progress

this realy breaks down the progress you can achive beeing limited within this important resource yet you need a good amount of failstacks for various enchant lvl to 
increase the chance of succeeding the enchant to make those rare concentrated blackstones count

now this is where valks cry comes in incredible handy
as stated before both blackstones and concentrated blackstones are rare items in the game 
especially when everyone in the game heavily demands on those like on release of bdo
yet you need those to increase your failstacks to reach a goal where you can start to enhance a gear piece to tri
which is usualy  around 30 FS to start from to give you the best possible chance to succeed and you want this because if it fails you gona need to enchant back to DUO first wasting even more time of gaining back concentrated blackstones
now when you approve of valks cry theres no need to even touch concentrated blackstones for failstacks anymore
you just make 15 failstacks on a +14 gear piece and well.. you use this crap to +25 it
done
you now can enchant your gear to PRI,DUO or even TRI without wasting concentrated black stones for failstacks anymore >_>
this will grant a huge progress boost over someone who dosnt approve of valks cry
and why did i use the word approve towards this item you ask yourself..
well it is because you can turn cash shop costumes into this item
if you heat a complete outfit set worth 30$ into it you end up with something like 130 valks cry
this equals 130 blackstones and can easily equal 100 of millions worth of silver when you apply the +10 additional failstack on top of a already very high failstack

TLDR; you can buy yourself 10 additional failstacks on whatever amount of failstacks you already have
starting from +0 with your money (P2W is stronk in this one)

".. k but i dont play pc.. and this is xbox forum you know.. "
well i guarantee you we will have this mechanic in from day 1 on xbox bdo
and i just would like to make you guys aware of this

Edited by Neferpitou
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

My wallet :(

No vacations until 2027, blame pa not me 

spending your money on rng menchanics is not a good idea tho
especially not in bdo

you can also melt costumes into cron stones
those prevent the item to degrade when doing TRI and above enchants

this is nothing more than.. "swipe your creditcard to win" 
i would rather pay a monthly fee to avoid such stuff tbh
oh wait.. i forgot theres value packs, 1 week combat books and a 14 day kamasylvia buff to give you a better drop chance

ScreenShot2014-09-09at11_45_37AM.png.f9d016b005d370380d03eb8551a2b950.png

Edited by Neferpitou
  • Like 1

crone stones are already in the game
and they've been ignored ever since cos they're not worth the silver

recently you could melt costumes on testserver into both valks cry and cron stones
i made a post bout this somewhere in the forums 
the transition was full costume into sorta-ish 260 cronstones
this is 30$ for 260 cron stones
i wouldnt recommend this method for tet or above enchants yet it might be good for TRI stuff cos a tri attempt cost you 39 cronstone (on green gear!!) so you actualy can make good progress by selling a costume for your tri attempts.. but this will just get you hooked

btw. @Ayumii_Katsumii have you been to gamescom already?

Edited by Neferpitou

25 minutes ago, Neferpitou said:

crone stones are already in the game
and they've been ignored ever since cos they're not worth the silver

recently you could melt costumes on testserver into both valks cry and cron stones
i made a post bout this somewhere in the forums 
the transition was full costume into sorta-ish 260 cronstones
this is 30$ for 260 cron stones
i wouldnt recommend this method for tet or above enchants yet it might be good for TRI stuff cos a tri attempt cost you 39 cronstone (on green gear!!) so you actualy can make good progress by selling a costume for your tri attempts.. but this will just get you hooked

btw. @Ayumii_Katsumii have you been to gamescom already?

I don’t live in Germany :( I would have loved to go 

8 hours ago, Neferpitou said:

so it happend

even when kakao (publisher of NA/EU version of bdo) originally stated that they will never add this item because of the advantages it offers
they broke with this promise and will include it into the NA/EU server branch on 29th of august 
images.jpg.df4c874c5039ddc1b989a59c69be36f1.jpg

some of you may not be aware what valk's cry actual is or why it is that huge of a deal for the game balance
and to understand it to some extenct a basic grasp of bdo's enhancement system is needed and why this is presumably the biggest cash crab kakao could come up with
i wont go much into detail about bdo's enhancement system cos this would blow this thread up and i leave it to yourself to get a grasp of this system but lemme give you some basics so you can understand whats going on

well lets start with the item itself:
valkscry.jpg.f511a1c458c02c6bd977d986bc415bb9.jpg

as you can read in the tooltip valks cry will help you to gain additional failstacks upon your already achived failstacks
lets say you have set a failstack goal of 25 fs for later use
what you would do to get there in meta would be: '
- generate 15 failstacks on a +14 gear piece
- continue failing pri enchants to 20
- continue failing DUO enchants to 25

now the nature of failstacks is.. the higher they get the harder they will become to achive
up to some point where 1 more failstack could be worth 30-50 kk silver
you can think of it as a square function:
valkscry2.jpg.88324dcf8c29b8dd24ef2f3c2b79bd49.jpg

this is because of concentrated black stones
those are not only very expensive but they're also hard to get since they will be sold out all the time and you will end up having to gather your own to make progress

this realy breaks down the progress you can achive beeing limited within this important resource yet you need a good amount of failstacks for various enchant lvl to 
increase the chance of succeeding the enchant to make those rare concentrated blackstones count

now this is where valks cry comes in incredible handy
as stated before both blackstones and concentrated blackstones are rare items in the game 
especially when everyone in the game heavily demands on those like on release of bdo
yet you need those to increase your failstacks to reach a goal where you can start to enhance a gear piece to tri
which is usualy  around 30 FS to start from to give you the best possible chance to succeed and you want this because if it fails you gona need to enchant back to DUO first wasting even more time of gaining back concentrated blackstones
now when you approve of valks cry theres no need to even touch concentrated blackstones for failstacks anymore
you just make 15 failstacks on a +14 gear piece and well.. you use this crap to +25 it
done
you now can enchant your gear to PRI,DUO or even TRI without wasting concentrated black stones for failstacks anymore >_>
this will grant a huge progress boost over someone who dosnt approve of valks cry
and why did i use the word approve towards this item you ask yourself..
well it is because you can turn cash shop costumes into this item
if you heat a complete outfit set worth 30$ into it you end up with something like 130 valks cry
this equals 130 blackstones and can easily equal 100 of millions worth of silver when you apply the +10 additional failstack on top of a already very high failstack

TLDR; you can buy yourself 10 additional failstacks on whatever amount of failstacks you already have
starting from +0 with your money (P2W is stronk in this one)

".. k but i dont play pc.. and this is xbox forum you know.. "
well i guarantee you we will have this mechanic in from day 1 on xbox bdo
and i just would like to make you guys aware of this

That does seem bad considering I remember them saying it'd never come to NA/EU. I don't think the change alone is too devastating though, might only be useful for getting up to max stacks for tri and below etc since 10 stacks won't help too much beyond there even though the extra 2.5% on a tet or pen attempt is alright. Being able to obtain the valks relatively easily via loyalties also makes it less of an issue to me.

Artisans memories are still more toxic than that.

Getting hundreds of cron stones from melting a costume is worrying to me though. 

It's all these little things (value pack, Kama, artisans memes etc) adding up that make the cash shop so toxic but I don't think this change alone is enough for me to jump ship right off the bat, worth keeping an eye on though.

(Edited after reading the pc forum post)

Edited by Grass Beetles

8 minutes ago, Grass Beetles said:

That does seem bad considering I remember them saying it'd never come to NA/EU. I don't think the change alone is too devastating though, might only be useful for getting up to max stacks for tri and below etc since 10 stacks won't help too much beyond there even though the extra 2.5% on a tet or pen attempt is alright.

I haven't played on pc for a few months, have those cron stone changes via costumes come in? Getting that many stones from melting a costume is worrying tbh. 

It's all these little things (value pack, Kama, artisans memes etc) adding up that make the cash shop so toxic.

That’s exactly what people are worried about people could care less about the extra +10 fs 

6 minutes ago, Ayumii_Katsumii said:

That’s exactly what people are worried about people could care less about the extra +10 fs 

Yea, people are raging on the forums over the lie pa/cuckao told though about never adding it but the cron stones are definitely more toxic than that. 

Edited by Grass Beetles

1 minute ago, Grass Beetles said:

Yea, people are raging on the forums over the lie pa/cuckao told though about never adding it but the cron stones are definitely more toxic than that. 

Yeah I get why people are upset but it isn’t as bad as what people think honestly. Like you can only buy so many outfits a week and it’s expensive to do. I don’t agree with it but the only think I see P2W is Cron Stones. All the streamers I’ve watched today say generally the same thing as well. But people do have a right to be angry cause they were lied to. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColorfulConfidentSmoothieOSkomodo

• Like 1

Just now, Ayumii_Katsumii said:

Yeah I get why people are upset but it isn’t as bad as what people think honestly. Like you can only buy so many outfits a week and it’s expensive to do. I don’t agree with it but the only think I see P2W is Cron Stones. All the streamers I’ve watched today say generally the same thing as well. But people do have a right to be angry cause they were lied to. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColorfulConfidentSmoothieOSkomodo

I agree with you on all that, those cron stones have me worried tbh.

At least we can see how this plays out before getting invested in the game on console. If it goes undeniably p2w then I'll probably dip before console launch.

15 minutes ago, Grass Beetles said:

I agree with you on all that, those cron stones have me worried tbh.

At least we can see how this plays out before getting invested in the game on console. If it goes undeniably p2w then I'll probably dip before console launch.

Yeah exactly but I see a very small portion of people doing this in the first place because it’s so expensive. Even with costumes going up to 100m it’ll take a long time to get what you need to buy gear. (Also I’m not 100% if costumes are going up to 100m silver in marketplace. It’s what I’ve heard feel free to correct me if wrong)

okay they are increasing the amount of silver they sell for. But even so if a outfit sells for 100m you can only buy 5 a week. So let’s say outfits costs $20 10=$200 That’s only 1bil silver which if we’re honest doesn’t go a long way in this game when buying boss weapons. Not many people will do that because a lot of people probably can’t afford to do this. 

Edited by Ayumii_Katsumii
  • Like 1

Mmmm idk if you guys ever played NeverWinter on xbox but it was completely overrun with toxic p2w elements. 1 of the players had looooooaaaaaads of cash and started a Guild with only other players that would spend irl cash on the game to control the market. The game for almost the better part of a year was completely manipulated by a couple whales. The point being is, there's whales on console too. If crons/valks come to console, it's going to die real fast once the player base settles and the top Guild holding the castles every node war is a bunch of p2w credit happy nerds. Hopefully it doesn't. PC right now just feels like the devs have given up and are just trying to squeeze out as much as they can from the cow they keep kicking.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dart said:

Mmmm idk if you guys ever played NeverWinter on xbox but it was completely overrun with toxic p2w elements. 1 of the players had looooooaaaaaads of cash and started a Guild with only other players that would spend irl cash on the game to control the market. The game for almost the better part of a year was completely manipulated by a couple whales. The point being is, there's whales on console too. If crons/valks come to console, it's going to die real fast once the player base settles and the top Guild holding the castles every node war is a bunch of p2w credit happy nerds. Hopefully it doesn't. PC right now just feels like the devs have given up and are just trying to squeeze out as much as they can from the cow they keep kicking.  

Never played neverwinter so idk if it’s like this in that game. But I’m bdo you can only purchase 5 outfits a week. So it really isn’t that bad. If you grind you will still make more silver then them. The only concern is honestly Cron Stones. But this will come to Xbox eventually if not at launch.

4 minutes ago, Ayumii_Katsumii said:

Never played neverwinter so idk if it’s like this in that game. But I’m bdo you can only purchase 5 outfits a week. So it really isn’t that bad. If you grind you will still make more silver then them. The only concern is honestly Cron Stones. But this will come to Xbox eventually if not at launch.

No you can purchase as many outfits as you want. You just can't put more than 5 on the market. Meaning you can melt as many as you want for crons..

1 minute ago, Dart said:

No you can purchase as many outfits as you want. You just can't put more than 5 on the market. Meaning you can melt as many as you want for crons..

Oh okay thanks for clearing that up :) but yeah everyone is way more worried about crons than the valks cry. But just pay attention to pc and if it’s p2w and you don’t like it just don’t play you know. It won’t be as bad as people think I believe Cause outfits will get expensive. But of course you will have people who have a lot of money and will abuse it. Hopefully they will adjust it in the future

Just now, Ayumii_Katsumii said:

Oh okay thanks for clearing that up :) but yeah everyone is way more worried about crons than the valks cry. But just pay attention to pc and if it’s p2w and you don’t like it just don’t play you know. It won’t be as bad as people think I believe Cause outfits will get expensive. But of course you will have people who have a lot of money and will abuse it. Hopefully they will adjust it in the future

True, it just sucks tbh. After being told to not worry about it. Then they go back on their word and add it in. Especially during a time of actual relief and joy of the release of Remastered. It's like a punch in the face after being handed some candy. Yes you can always not play but i've been in love with the game for quite some time and would love to try the console version.. we shall see.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dart said:

True, it just sucks tbh. After being told to not worry about it. Then they go back on their word and add it in. Especially during a time of actual relief and joy of the release of Remastered. It's like a punch in the face after being handed some candy. Yes you can always not play but i've been in love with the game for quite some time and would love to try the console version.. we shall see.

I agree it is complete bs. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Beond said:

Alright alright I'm not playing warrior I'm gonna PLAY THE NEW WHALE CLASS BOIS 

Whale>Mystic tbh, at least if the whale has infinite cron stones. Smashing your face randomly on the keyboard vs smashing the cuckao cash button

cant u spend silver to prevent the gear from goin backwards in quality on a failed attempt?? this was discussed in the game chat many times and i asked those pro pc players and they did swear up and down that u can and always SHOULD protect ur gear when u enhance by spending silver. i dont care much about the details of enhancing on the pc since im only there to learn and fish so im ready for the xbox version when it drops (i would have to max out gear on pc only to have to start all over again on xbox....so i wont lol).

neverwinter and bdo wont ever match P2W wise i dont think. NW allowed for in game selling of gold and of the virtual cash they use so it promoted swappin one for the other which then got spent on gear mounts huge bag space and so on. considerin how HUGE the grind is just to get the silver to buy the enhancement materials for each and every lvl i dont see this hurtin BDO much if at all. hell on the pc they r handin out stones left and right. i got almost 50 of them yesterday just doin some quests and from daily rewards for the guild/bein active daily. if the grind takes 6 months to do without the item but the item saves someone 1 of those 6 months that still means they have to spend 5 months grindin it out still lol.

also we dont know what stats they have on their players. maybe they noticed a huge dip in folks gettin gear and bumpin the lvls of it up recently. a sharp decline would cause them to think about ways to bring it back up. just lowering the requirements to enhance would micky every person that spent the full amount of time enhancing off. this way they make a few bucks for the item and they raise the stats. im just guessin though.

you need to consider that there will be no blackstones armor/weapon in marketplace at release and long time after release
they will be as rare as concentrated blackstones are now in NA/EU server
theres no way you can buy them líke you can in NA/EU now
this is a item everyone demands because everyone is starting with +0 gear

this is why valks cry becomes huge p2w problem upon xbox release
you can enchant your first main gear way faster using this item and you can safe alot of hunter seals and blackstones this way and turn the hunter seals into grade 3 stones instead to ult your gear faster
you need to generate some failstacks for every enchant lvl
8 -> 1 fs
9 -> 2 fs
10 -> 3 fs
11 -> 5 fs
12 -> 10 fs
13 -> 13 fs
14 -> 14 fs
15-> 18 fs

this a total of 66 blackstone here just wasted for failstacks for one +15 gear piece
multiply this by 6 for 6 gear pieces in total you end up with a  rounded up amount of 400 blackstones worth of failstacks

if you substract the amount of failstacks that valks cry can give you the total amount of blackstones you need to enchant all your gear +15 is
90 ... 

90 vs 400 blackstones you cant buy and have to grind yourself .__.

this is serious p2w here everyone whos gona use valks cry to speed up his progress that fast gona dominate every grindspot for weeks upon everyone else is able to catch up to this gear gap 
and it dosnt stop here
when they release PRI to TRI enchants.. valks cry starts to become even more OP because for a TRI failstack you need to waste alot of concentrated blackstones
but with valks cry you just +10 on top of a +20 failstack to make it 30 FS and you good2go for your TRI trys

it is true that valks cry wont effect NA/EU anymore that hard 
but it is reality that if they release it along xbox 1st day it will cause major balance issues 

Edited by Neferpitou
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Grass Beetles said:

It won't change much + you need to spend  a lot on cron stones to get a no break

10 hours ago, Dart said:

Won't be like that on BDX at all