Sign in to follow this  
Neferpitou

[PSA] valk's cry added in NA/EU server

21 minutes ago, Beond said:

They won't be that rare at all actually I played PC launch and they dropped a lot off mobs and I got full +15 pretty easily

you dont drop 400 blackstones by grinding mobs tho.. the majority you trade in for hunter seals
grinding for 400 blackstones gona take weeks and this is only when you dont run into some badass who already is OP cos he whaled his gear using only 90 blackstones

i played sea this year on february and i can remember that i couldnt make my gear +15 before they released pri-tri enchants so i was way behind softcap at this moment which was DUO
my source for blackstones was only quests and ancient scrolls because i couldnt purchase any pearls
i had to play absolut non p2w  including no pets so i left all the loot behind and only looted violent mobs

when tri enchants, guilbosses and kzarka released
whales insta popped their liverto and kzarka to tri using valks cry and cronstones 
this was literaly swipecard to win at this point and i quit
but i quit mostly because i had no pets to loot and grinding became more and more a must have for a silver incomming when mediah released (sausan)
still the amount of time you need to gather all the hard and sharp shards vs the time you need to just use valks cry to insta get the failstacks you need to enchant pri, duo and tri is beyond ridiculous
i never thought bdo was p2w in the first place.. well all the stuff sure adds up but it keeps to some extinct realistic
valks cry on the other hand is out of league it is a pure p2w item ruining the games balance and gona be the meta if you want to dominate and your grindspot
there was a reason why kakao said that they wont allow it in NA/EU and it was because the stuff i mentioned above

Edited by Neferpitou

6 minutes ago, Neferpitou said:

you dont drop 400 blackstones by grinding mobs tho.. the majority you trade in for hunter seals
grinding for 400 blackstones gona take weeks and this is only when you dont run into some badass who already is OP cos he whaled his gear using only 90 blackstones

i played sea this year on february and i can remember that i couldnt make my gear +15 before they released pri-tri enchants so i was way behind softcap at this moment which was DUO
my source for blackstones was only quests and ancient scrolls because i couldnt purchase any pearls
i had to play absolut non p2w  including no pets so i left all the loot behind and only looted violent mobs

when tri enchants, guilbosses and kzarka released
whales insta popped their liverto and kzarka to tri using valks cry and cronstones 
this was literaly swipecard to win at this point and i quit
but i quit mostly because i had no pets to loot and grinding became more and more a must have for a silver incomming when mediah released (sausan)
still the amount of time you need to gather all the hard and sharp shards vs the time you need to just use valks cry to insta get the failstacks you need to enchant pri, duo and tri is beyond ridiculous
i never thought bdo was p2w in the first place.. well all the stuff sure adds up but it keeps to some extinct realistic
valks cry on the other hand is out of league it is a pure p2w item ruining the games balance and gona be the meta if you want to dominate and your grindspot
there was a reason why kakao said that they wont allow it in NA/EU and it was because the stuff i mentioned above

I was full +15 in under 2 months this will change nothing promise

48 minutes ago, Beond said:

I was full +15 in under 2 months this will change nothing promise

+15 in non duo tri pen yadda yadda gear isnt hard to do. when u start upgradin duo to whatever rank comes after (i think its tri) then tri to whatever comes after (i think thats pen) it gets really hard to do. i cant see ne one grindin enough silver/items in under 2 months to get the gear thats not even includin the maxin of the gear. u would be the fastest player that ever graced the keyboard if that was the case. one piece of armor can run u 4-7 billion silver non upgraded.

Edited by numnutz2005

dont underestimate +15 gear if you start from 0 with no resources avaiable at MP
i think 2 months are a good goal for ult +15 gear

with valks cry you can be there in 2 weeks tho :/

23 minutes ago, numnutz2005 said:

+15 in non duo tri pen yadda yadda gear isnt hard to do. when u start upgradin duo to whatever rank comes after (i think its tri) then tri to whatever comes after (i think thats pen) it gets really hard to do. i cant see ne one grindin enough silver/items in under 2 months to get the gear thats not even includin the maxin of the gear. u would be the fastest player that ever graced the keyboard if that was the case. one piece of armor can run u 4-7 billion silver non upgraded.

We’re talking about before 16-20 comes out dude read lmao

1 hour ago, Beond said:

We’re talking about before 16-20 comes out dude read lmao

ur posts dont really have much info in them so its honestly hard to keep track of. if u added that to ur reply then i could reply based on that info but since u dont seem to post much detail to make ur reply less generic im left replyin based on what u post. when u post detailed replies then i will most certainly read each and every word when replyin...i promise lol.

5 hours ago, Beond said:

It won't change much + you need to spend  a lot on cron stones to get a no break

I agree with you that it won't change much on pc (people will keep playing) but the idea of being able to have as many risk free upgrade attempts as your wallet allows feels bad. If I get stomped by someone with better gear I don't want to have to question if they just swiped their card more than I did. I know it's not cost effective for most people but it's still concerning since some people will abuse it.

That said, I don't think it'll be this toxic on Xbox initially. They'll likely slowly add these sort of things over time like they did on na but I dunno, I'm sure you agree it's not a positive development for us though it's probably not worth jumping ship over either.

It bums me out, bdo is such a great game but the cash shop softening the blow of rng more than it already does worries me.

2 hours ago, numnutz2005 said:

ur posts dont really have much info in them so its honestly hard to keep track of. if u added that to ur reply then i could reply based on that info but since u dont seem to post much detail to make ur reply less generic im left replyin based on what u post. when u post detailed replies then i will most certainly read each and every word when replyin...i promise lol.

Well you know I did quote him and the info was right there I suggest not jumping into a convo if you don’t know the story behind it

5 hours ago, Neferpitou said:

you need to consider that there will be no blackstones armor/weapon in marketplace at release and long time after release
they will be as rare as concentrated blackstones are now in NA/EU server
theres no way you can buy them líke you can in NA/EU now
this is a item everyone demands because everyone is starting with +0 gear

this is why valks cry becomes huge p2w problem upon xbox release
you can enchant your first main gear way faster using this item and you can safe alot of hunter seals and blackstones this way and turn the hunter seals into grade 3 stones instead to ult your gear faster
you need to generate some failstacks for every enchant lvl
8 -> 1 fs
9 -> 2 fs
10 -> 3 fs
11 -> 5 fs
12 -> 10 fs
13 -> 13 fs
14 -> 14 fs
15-> 18 fs

this a total of 66 blackstone here just wasted for failstacks for one +15 gear piece
multiply this by 6 for 6 gear pieces in total you end up with a  rounded up amount of 400 blackstones worth of failstacks

if you substract the amount of failstacks that valks cry can give you the total amount of blackstones you need to enchant all your gear +15 is
90 ... 

90 vs 400 blackstones you cant buy and have to grind yourself .__.

this is serious p2w here everyone whos gona use valks cry to speed up his progress that fast gona dominate every grindspot for weeks upon everyone else is able to catch up to this gear gap 
and it dosnt stop here
when they release PRI to TRI enchants.. valks cry starts to become even more OP because for a TRI failstack you need to waste alot of concentrated blackstones
but with valks cry you just +10 on top of a +20 failstack to make it 30 FS and you good2go for your TRI trys

it is true that valks cry wont effect NA/EU anymore that hard 
but it is reality that if they release it along xbox 1st day it will cause major balance issues 

I really doubt they will have valks cry and caphras stones on the xbox version at launch, it wouldn't make sense to add these items on xbox at launch. Xbox version at launch is probably gonna be bdo vanilla content when it first came out on pc but with the updated graphics and music.

24 minutes ago, xConstantinex said:

I really doubt they will have valks cry and caphras stones on the xbox version at launch, it wouldn't make sense to add these items on xbox at launch. Xbox version at launch is probably gonna be bdo vanilla content when it first came out on pc but with the updated graphics and music.

I hope everything that is being added to the remastered and all the changes to classes are at launch. Mainly because I think a lot of the stuff added is to retain players and encourage people to buy into the game.

55 minutes ago, xConstantinex said:

SEA had all this at launch with vanilla content. Why wouldn’t They add it at launch? Then they would just have to implement it later and deal with a bunch of babies whining.

about the aggressiveness of cash shop p2w on xbox.. i think we gota have to deal with something similar like nazi germany in its peak tbh
consider that they have almost a USP for MMO on xbox i mean what else is there? tera? bless? that isnt any serious competition at all
black desert is a damn good mmo and im afraid that they will make us pay for this
PA is a stock market company and the user are the ones who generate its money so whenever they want to increase the value of that stock it gona be the user who have to do so

a while back i was in a guild which had a romanian guild leader
 this guy was cheerfull and a very nice person and also couldnt afford anything in the cash shop because in romania the avg. income is not more than 200 € / month even if you work fulltime
and i can tell you he was super mad and upset about this situation and quit bdo over this at some point
(well he also quit cos we went whale huntin - ironic - and we couldnt damage the whale with cannons and he crafted a epheria sailboat over weeks just for this purpose and he got super upset over this that you had to use matchlocks)

it made me sad seeing his struggles just because his country is a corrupt peace of s...
p2w is just that.. it locks players out of the enjoyment of a game 
black desert always set it to the border between p2convenience and actual p2w but seein the nature of Pearl Abyss beeing a company driven by a stock market the only way for them to keep attractive to investors is making the stock rise and the only way they can do this is to generate money through their games

you know what would be a funny thing tho
if all players would start to buy stocks of Pearl Abyss - it would make sense because you can get some of your money actual back and if you dont like the direction they head into with the game you sell em and this way you get the power into the players hands and not some rich individuals who want to make alot of money over some MMO players

Edited by Neferpitou
  • Like 1

Hopefully it's harder for them to get away with the more aggressive cash shop stuff on xbox, there's less of a precedent set for it from what I know (I haven't played other xbox mmos tho).

The console community is really sensitive to comparatively small things like cosmetic loot boxes in destiny 2 and other games so hopefully it at least buys us some time before we get sent off to be milked. Feels bad tho.

I didn't think bdo was p2w before this change (despite the cash shop being aids) and I may still not now but it still hurts watching them hack away at the integrity of the game for a quick buck.

• Like 3

I'm hear to say if you don't want to play the game then don't and if you do you do! Cry me a river.

On 8/27/2018 at 9:59 AM, Beond said:

I'm hear to say if you don't want to play the game then don't and if you do you do! Cry me a river.

Are we allowed to feel negatively over anything in bdo or is it just this issue? I don't understand why people want to police what people talk about on the forums and didn't expect it from you especially since you're normally more open and reasonable than I am.

You've posted negative things about this game on the forums so you're just straight up being hypocritical with that comment. If you want to go into detail about why you disagree then go for it, you're entitled to your opinion like everyone else and the forums are where those opinions generally get expressed.

memri.jpg

• Like 1

FeelsAmazingMan.png.1422e6cda5c3e9887478ebd0aa16a8f2.pngEnhancement changes (To some degree) 

Not what I wanted, but it-least a step in the right direction. 

Edited by The Guiido

1 hour ago, Grass Beetles said:

Are we allowed to feel negatively over anything in bdo or is it just this issue? I don't understand why people want to police what people talk about on the forums and didn't expect it from you especially since you're normally more open and reasonable than I am.

You've posted negative things about this game on the forums so you're just straight up being hypocritical with that comment. If you want to go into detail about why you disagree then go for it, you're entitled to your opinion like everyone else and the forums are where those opinions generally get expressed.

memri.jpg

You mean how everyone is negative about everything? Everyone sounds like entitled spoiled brats I swear if you don’t like the game THEN DONT GET IT SIMPLE

44 minutes ago, Beond said:

You mean how everyone is negative about everything? Everyone sounds like entitled spoiled brats I swear if you don’t like the game THEN DONT GET IT SIMPLE

Holy moly, that was an outburst. Feel better now? 

I'm sorry people have opinions that upset you this much I guess, it's very inconsiderate of them.

Edited by Grass Beetles

2 minutes ago, Grass Beetles said:

Holy moly, that was an outburst. Feel better now? 

I'm sorry people have opinions that upset you this much I guess

They should find another game it’s not for them

Just now, Beond said:

They should find another game it’s not for them

With the way you react to words on a screen I'm not sure if it's for you either, I have no idea where that came from but that was almost kingspade level behaviour.

When you fail a tet I wouldn't want to be within 50km of you

6 minutes ago, Grass Beetles said:

With the way you react to words on a screen I'm not sure if it's for you either, I have no idea where that came from but that was almost kingspade level behaviour.

When you fail a tet I wouldn't want to be within 50km of you

The problem is the people who say theyre not gonna get the game. Personally it gets annoying, i dont really care if you will or wont get it unless I plan to play with you.

5 minutes ago, Azuki said:

The problem is the people who say theyre not gonna get the game. Personally it gets annoying, i dont really care if you will or wont get it unless I plan to play with you.

I can understand where you're coming from and where beond is coming from on that even though I don't feel the same way about it being annoying.

Raising that viewpoint  the way you did now is fine, that's a very reasonable way to word it.

Acting hypocritical, throwing insults and massively overreacting was more my issue with beond here. I don't know how you can run a guild with 100 people in it if you act that way over small things like differing opinions, there are better ways to voice your opinion (like you did) than acting like a child.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Grass Beetles said:

I can understand where you're coming from and where beond is coming from on that even though I don't feel the same way about it being annoying.

Raising that viewpoint  the way you did now is fine, that's a very reasonable way to word it.

Acting hypocritical, throwing insults and massively overreacting was more my issue with beond here. I don't know how you can run a guild with 100 people in it if you act that way over small things like differing opinions, there are better ways to voice your opinion (like you did) than acting like a child.

Cool opinion