Jump to content
Uberkull

Operational Policy - Change

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So in two days the ‘hammer time’ policy goes into effect. What if we don’t agree to the new policy?

Article

Your news articles states...

If you have any objections to the aforementioned changes, please inform us of your refusal to agree to the revised operational policy.

..and what happens when we inform you of a refusal to agree? Partial or Full refund? I wonder how this is handled with PA.

 

Edited by Uberkull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Uberkull said:

So in two days the ‘hammer time’ policy goes into effect. What if we don’t agree to the new policy?

Article

Your news articles states...

If you have any objections to the aforementioned changes, please inform us of your refusal to agree to the revised operational policy.

..and what happens when we inform you of a refusal to agree? Partial or Full refund? I wonder how this is handled with PA.

 

I would think it should be a partial if not full refund. I'm thinking it probably means absolutely nothing if you refuse. Maybe they slap you with a ban for lulz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They ban you till you agree. Simple. No agreement to TOS no play. You dont get refunds because you dont agree or like something. You bought it. 

Edited by MakeumRage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly can't imagine the changes being so bad that people will refuse tbh. It's clearly just something that they have to say from a legal standpoint. 

However, having just read the entire Policy to refresh my memory, I do see that certain policies are being broken by players. Mostly in regards to the naming policies. I'm curious why these haven't been enforced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

I honestly can't imagine the changes being so bad that people will refuse tbh. It's clearly just something that they have to say from a legal standpoint. 

However, having just read the entire Policy to refresh my memory, I do see that certain policies are being broken by players. Mostly in regards to the naming policies. I'm curious why these haven't been enforced. 

Please expand with an example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Primus said:

Please expand with an example?

From the policy, "- In case you differently change the spelling of the name that the naming policy prohibits or in case you combine the prohibited name with other letters"

 

Yet there is a guild called "Bawsdeep" on EU. Which is so clearly supposed to be "Ballsdeep" but they've switched the LL for a W. But nothing has been done. That's just one such example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

From the policy, "- In case you differently change the spelling of the name that the naming policy prohibits or in case you combine the prohibited name with other letters"

 

Yet there is a guild called "Bawsdeep" on EU. Which is so clearly supposed to be "Ballsdeep" but they've switched the LL for a W. But nothing has been done. That's just one such example. 

Its like names "bigTETS" or "show me you TETS". Really ... you guys are complaing about this stuff now. 

I know i know !!@@??!1 

Lets change every guild name to Rainbow Warriors1, 2, 3, ....etc.

Then lets change every player name to Carebear1, 2, 3 ....etc. 

I call Carebear4681209 

Will that offend you next? 

I'm sorry, but you guys need a sense of f'ing humor. Complaing about names that don't have swear words, not racial, not even targeting anyone, and made for comedy is ridiculous. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hulkksmash said:

Its like names "bigTETS" or "show me you TETS". Really ... you guys are complaing about this stuff now. 

I know i know !!@@??!1 

Lets change every guild name to Rainbow Warriors1, 2, 3, ....etc.

Then lets change every player name to Carebear1, 2, 3 ....etc. 

I call Carebear4681209 

Will that offend you next? 

I'm sorry, but you guys need a sense of f'ing humor. Complaing about names that don't have swear words, not racial, not even targeting anyone, and made for comedy is ridiculous. 

 

 

 

 

Well, way to show your stupidity. I said it was an example of a breach of the naming policy. I never once said I was offended, all I said was that I was curious as to why these haven't been enforced. 

But hey, way to act like the offendee! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

All the changes to policy, yet racist things on server chat since headstart and nobody cares.

Most likely tss mainly to get bans for people who got pearls for lower price

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

All the changes to policy, yet racist things on server chat since headstart and nobody cares.

Most likely tss mainly to get bans for people who got pearls for lower price

Most likely I have a ban pending for buy 10 1000 pearl packs over the 10,000 pearl pack lol

Whatever reason,they dont know how to translate to Canadian currency, the smallest pack is the best value. Which is a bit stupid, as you should be getting a better deal the more expensive the pack. Par the course for USD shop and just about every games cash shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

From the policy, "- In case you differently change the spelling of the name that the naming policy prohibits or in case you combine the prohibited name with other letters"

 

Yet there is a guild called "Bawsdeep" on EU. Which is so clearly supposed to be "Ballsdeep" but they've switched the LL for a W. But nothing has been done. That's just one such example. 

Baws is Scottish slang for balls. Bawbag is a common term used by Scottish people. It can be used in different contexts good & bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

Baws is Scottish slang for balls. Bawbag is a common term used by Scottish people. It can be used in different contexts good & bad.

Baws has also made its way into gaming slang for Boss but i think we all know it's not BossDeep. 

I'm more concerned about the constant/rampant, Xenophobia and Homophobia i see in chat Daily.

If you read over the updated ToS. It's really a bandaid over a deep cut with the bone sticking out. 14 day ban for three offences? It's a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oohrang said:

Baws has also made its way into gaming slang for Boss but i think we all know it's not BossDeep. 

I'm more concerned about the constant/rampant, Xenophobia and Homophobia i see in chat Daily.

If you read over the updated ToS. It's really a bandaid over a deep cut with the bone sticking out. 14 day ban for three offences? It's a joke.

Haven't really seen a huge amount in the EU servers, but I don't really pay attention half the time. I would imagine the US is bad going by previous experience playing on some private mmo servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jacs said:

Most likely I have a ban pending for buy 10 1000 pearl packs over the 10,000 pearl pack lol

Whatever reason,they dont know how to translate to Canadian currency, the smallest pack is the best value. Which is a bit stupid, as you should be getting a better deal the more expensive the pack. Par the course for USD shop and just about every games cash shop.

It's the same in the UK. End up spending a couple of pence more (lol, nothing major) on the higher Pearl packs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play in California. Our legislature would be apoplectic if they read the chat from the most well-behaved server in BDO. The fact character names had been cleverly rearranged to communicate sexual innuendo would not be the reason. PA should have bigger fish to fry than in game bathroom humor and penny-ante exploits.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

It's the same in the UK. End up spending a couple of pence more (lol, nothing major) on the higher Pearl packs. 

It's only a few dollar difference at a straight conversion rate. But they should be better value anyways. So add a couple more dollars. Still, not much, but I try to speak with my wallet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this in another thread how the new policy does NOTHING about chat:

If you chat about trading real world money for anything in the game you can be banned for 15 days for first offense, 30 days for 2nd offense, or permanent for 3rd offense.  If you actually DO trade money you get 365 days for 1st offense and permanent for 2nd.  But if you talk about murdering babies in a blender, describe in detail disgusting sex acts, shame/humiliate/bash <gays, trans, minorities, muslims, christians, etc.> you get 60minutes on first abuse, 1 day on 2nd, and 7 days on 3rd.  Not to mention, you have to jump through a ton of hoops just to report.  Can we please get much stricter penalties for some of this stuff?  This is the single worst, most toxic chat I have ever seen in any MMO and I've been playing them since UO (which was pretty toxic way back then).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×