Sign in to follow this  
sgurschick

Investing Energy in Nodes not Increasing Drop Rate?

Investing energy in nodes is supposed to increase item drop rate. Every tenth mob is supposed to get a %increase based on node level. I understand that the drop rate increase is supposed to be very very marginal.

Has anyone experienced a perceived drop rate increase/decrease when investing energy in nodes?

Twice I've invested enough energy to take nodes to level 5. Once at Hasrah, and once at Nagas. Each time, drop rate seems to decrease significantly.

At Hasrah I was getting a belt approx every 2 - 3 hours. Invest energy into node and only get one belt in approx 20 hours of grinding over a week.

At Nagas, last Friday night, after about two hours I had the necklace drop. On Saturday, with loot scrolls I had 6 more necklaces drop in about 9 hours. I thought awesome...invest some energy and increase node level...get even more drops.

NOPE. No necklace since. close to 30 hours, 10 of which with loot scrolls, and no necklace since. May be anecdotal but the scroll and stone drops has decreased as well.

Has anyone here actually experienced a drop rate increase, perceived or not, after investing energy in nodes?

It's my belief that something screwy is happening and investing energy in nodes on Xbox is causing a permanent drop rate decrease.

Nodes were an issue on PC too. Personally, with a level 8 node at nagas, I've also noticed what seems like a definite decrease in items like rocaba gloves and ancient scrolls the higher I raise the node. I can't speak of Serap's though, it seems like I get a drop every four to five hours on average.

I don't think it's possible to make a definitive statement however because both of our evidence is anecdotal.

27 minutes ago, Kilmaine said:

Nodes were an issue on PC too. Personally, with a level 8 node at nagas, I've also noticed what seems like a definite decrease in items like rocaba gloves and ancient scrolls the higher I raise the node. I can't speak of Serap's though, it seems like I get a drop every four to five hours on average.

I don't think it's possible to make a definitive statement however because both of our evidence is anecdotal.

Certainly not looking for a definitive statement. Drop rate is so low to begin with any evidence provided would be anecdotal because sample size is so low. Just seeing if there is a trend or if it's just my RNG